Outfit Bundles... Please Split them up.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Krew.3081

Krew.3081

@zorokai Yeah, that was me. I have HOT and love gw2. However I just convinced a couple of my friends to come play and they are trying it for free ATM. Doesn’t look good for new players what so ever. It’s very frustrating actually, trying to explain to my friends why they need to pay $30.00 for an outfit they would want. I have no answer for them, or for anyone WITH HOT who doesn’t want the glider or make over kit or weapon skin. Once again just doesn’t make sense to me. I have almost all outfits… just don’t understand why they are forcing this type of direction.

Posted by: skullfaerie.7203

skullfaerie.7203

Well, as expected, no response. I fully expect to see a golden wings bundle pop up tomorrow :s

Posted by: Sulfarius.1756

Sulfarius.1756

Still not a single sign of Anet wanting to split these up? Guess we’ll have to wait longer but I’m not about to let this drop. This is a real issue, a bad business practice and frankly very foul. I’ve bought a lot of gems in the past, but after seeing this honestly I don’t feel like spending another single cent till they come to their senses.

Bundles, again as mentioned, should be a way to get a whole package for a convenient price for those that wish all the items, but should not serve as a excuse to make outfits cost loads more than they should. It’s already bad enough that a lot of cool armor sets are turned into outfits, that rewards that should be put in the game end up on the gem store (like the LS character items, they could’ve been easily implemented as story rewards), etc. Don’t start with charging half a game for a bundle that you falsely advertise as being on sale, while it’s clearly not on sale.

I have talked to many people about these bundles, friends and strangers a like and it’s very clear to me that it leaves a sour taste in the mouth of your player base. Sure, there’s always those that will buy it. 1 time, 2 times but the third time they’ll turn their head and start to catch onto what you’re doing. Just let us enjoy your game instead of glaring at things you introduce because you put them behind a 30€ paywall. Cosmetics are a very big part of your game, customization should not come at the cost of half an expansion. Allow us to want to buy your stuff, put the immortal skins out there for tickets and let us buy the gliders and outfits for their appropriate price.

Krew.3081

I do agree with many of you, a response would of been very well respected and appreciated.

Posted by: DeadDragon.5837

DeadDragon.5837

I’d buy the glider skin, I won’t buy the pack. Just thought I should let you know. Thanks A-net.

Posted by: Alin.2468

Alin.2468

There is a response from ArenaNet.

Bandit Sniper bundle was released on November 24 and since then price for Shadow Abyss Dye dropped from 194 gold to 140 gold. Also, price for Shadow Blue Dye dropped almost instantly to 50% from 20 gold to 10 gold.

These are facts. This is ArenaNet’s response of bundle success.

This is the best elementalist build: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh5zjK7ITpQ

Posted by: Daralii.8940

Daralii.8940

Bandit Sniper bundle was released on November 24 and since then price for Shadow Abyss Dye dropped from 194 gold to 140 gold. Also, price for Shadow Blue Dye dropped almost instantly to 50% from 20 gold to 10 gold.

Yup. So long as the whales keep spending, they can ignore every other player and still turn a profit.

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

Is it just me, or have they removed the bundle from the gemstore?

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

Posted by: NeoTerra.8327

NeoTerra.8327

No it’s still around, sadly.

Posted by: Chad.6104

Chad.6104

Which doesn’t say how much more money they could have made, if the items had been released separately.

One telling thing I’ve noticed. With stand alone outfits, when they are new I will see a lot of people wearing them. I haven’t seen anyone wearing the bandit outfit. I haven’t seen that glider being used, certainly not large numbers of people flashing their shiny new skin.

It’s also interesting how the gems to gold dropped when it came out as opposed to when the keys were put on sake, where the gem price spiked several gold. The graph shows that only a relative few bought any gems with gold to get that bundle.

(edited by Chad.6104)

Posted by: fdgod.9710

fdgod.9710

In browsing the forums these past few days, I have noticed they respond to threads about invisible shoes, gw2 fashion, logo concerns, and other minor issues that make no difference in the grand scheme of the game, the future of it and it’s playerbase. However they are still dead silent about major issues such as this post, wvw concerns, economy concerns etc.

As a brand you need to always be vocal, not only when you want to. Especially on important issues such as this. What you are doing is actually counter productive to business, and to your brand image. Even to jump in and say “Hello, we have heard your concerns and are currently looking into it” helps ease some people and quiets some of the rage. The fact that you cannot even do that shows myself and many others how inept your community management, customer service and overall structure is. What makes it more inept is the fact that you infract people who speak out against you not out of hate, but because they care… shame.

Krew.3081

Well, I guess they aren’t going to say anything to this thread. What a shame, and Yes. Of course a couple thousand bought that outfit, that’s common sense. It doesn’t change the fact that thousands did not and are upset about the outfit and glider being merged together. I’ve always respected GW2 and have spent TONS of money, bought almost every outfit, I just don’t understand why they made this change, and it’s not like them to ignore a popular thread like this. Especially since it’s been going for week. I must say though, the outfit and glider are looking more tempting everyday. It’s getting harder to refuse even though I don’t agree with the price.

Posted by: Hetha.5982

Hetha.5982

I agree with Krew. I would love the glider skin but don’t want/need the rest of the stuff in the bundle.

Tigaseye.2047

In browsing the forums these past few days, I have noticed they respond to threads about invisible shoes

Actually, a lot of people have a problem with the method of acquiring those invisible shoes, in the same way people have a problem with the method of acquiring the items in this bundle.

Plus they cost 2K+ (normally 2.5K) on the TP.

So, that’s £200+ vs around £20.

Not to say paying £20, for one thing that should cost £6, is OK – it’s not – but, still.

Personally, I wouldn’t want the shoes, as my characters’ ankles, especially in leggings, look too disproportionally small and fragile, to me, compared with their thighs (so, look better covered).

But, many do and they just wanted a toggle.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

(edited by Tigaseye.2047)

Krew.3081

Yeah, I hear ya Hetha. I guess I’m giving up, it’s been a week with no change or at least a response. Apparently they are purposely avoiding this thread.

Posted by: zorokai.1486

zorokai.1486

Yeah, I hear ya Hetha. I guess I’m giving up, it’s been a week with no change or at least a response. Apparently they are purposely avoiding this thread.

Yea as the OP – I too feel like giving up lol – its soul dampening lol

Baldur [SL]

Krew.3081

@Zorokai but lets not give up… there is no possible way eventually someone won’t respond or at least end this thread…

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

@Zorokai but lets not give up… there is no possible way eventually someone won’t respond or at least end this thread…

End this thread, maybe. Respond? Experience has told me, not likely.

We tried and tried for a response. Never got one. Eventually everyone gave up.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

I wonder if threads like this and lack of responses from official channels are why people think communication could and should be better?

Also, I’d love to have these be presented in an a la carte fashion. Everyone who decided HoT wasn’t for them won’t get these because what are they going to do with a glider?

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Krew.3081

I’m not sure Iason Evan. Having a glider without HOT wouldn’t make much sense.

Posted by: InvaGir.9158

InvaGir.9158

I think Anet are just tired of too many complaints, yes they do make mistakes but this is how they “punish” us for being a bounch of whiners.

Still I don’t justify their actions and lack of attention but its definitely feels like it to me:\
and if this is true I’d suggest Anet to start listen to the community and mostly to their loyal customers because this is a disgrace

Posted by: Brian.9524

Brian.9524

Saying something is discounted when it is only offered at one price is just a lie.

Tigaseye.2047

Saying something is discounted when it is only offered at one price is just a lie.

Yeah, in the EU, you can’t even legally say that, unless you have offered the item for x amount of time at the higher price.

Not sure if this, also, applies to digital goods, but I would assume so?

Maybe they get around it with the gem exchange mechanic?

If so, someone should really be looking into that, as it’s almost certainly, basically, a circumvention of consumer law.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

End this thread, maybe. Respond? Experience has told me, not likely.

We tried and tried for a response. Never got one. Eventually everyone gave up.

Well; communication skills have never been their strong point. Easier to just hide from the problem hoping it goes away than try to fix it.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

(edited by Doggie.3184)

Posted by: Lanaeris.3845

Lanaeris.3845

The Dev team is probably just as mad at the marketing team as we are, and just like us, they can’t do anything about it. That’s business.

Posted by: Udolpho.1209

Udolpho.1209

I’m getting tired and impatient for this to happen. Am I the only one still waiting around? Or has everyone given in/given up?

My reason for not buying the package to get the bandit sniper outfit is to avoid submitting a ticket at a later date to get my 1300 gems back. I’m more than happy to spend 2000 gems — just not for the stuff included in that package.

Posted by: Ashenheim.5039

Ashenheim.5039

Me and my friend would love to get the outfit separately, we don’t like the glider or other rewards so the 2000 gems felt way to steep.

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Any of the newer outfit bundles they’ve added have had options to buy the items separately, so they’ve clearly listened to the criticism and complaints on that end.

However, I think its unlikely the old ones will ever be split up since there are no doubt people who bought them at the time but would have preferred them split up, and they probably don’t want to put up with the further complaints there would be from those people who bought them in the original bundle. Basically the same thing you yourself mentioned about how you don’t want to buy now and then need to ask for a refund later, which is no doubt exactly what many people who already bought the bundle would probably end up doing.

In addition to just the extra work for CS of offering refunds (or replying to requests saying no) there’s also the issue of stuff like the special weapon skin and dyes. Those types of things would be tricky to remove from an account in the case of a refund being administered. And if no refunds are given, then there would be remaining complaints of people who feel they wasted money on the bundle when they didn’t want everything and now they could have bought it separate.

Changing future items is easy enough, but changing an item people have already paid money for is a more problematic issue, especially bundles.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Any of the newer outfit bundles they’ve added have had options to buy the items separately, so they’ve clearly listened to the criticism and complaints on that end.

However, I think its unlikely the old ones will ever be split up since there are no doubt people who bought them at the time but would have preferred them split up, and they probably don’t want to put up with the further complaints there would be from those people who bought them in the original bundle. Basically the same thing you yourself mentioned about how you don’t want to buy now and then need to ask for a refund later, which is no doubt exactly what many people who already bought the bundle would probably end up doing.

In addition to just the extra work for CS of offering refunds (or replying to requests saying no) there’s also the issue of stuff like the special weapon skin and dyes. Those types of things would be tricky to remove from an account in the case of a refund being administered. And if no refunds are given, then there would be remaining complaints of people who feel they wasted money on the bundle when they didn’t want everything and now they could have bought it separate.

Changing future items is easy enough, but changing an item people have already paid money for is a more problematic issue, especially bundles.

Electro nailed it, imo.

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

I am still hoping for a Bandit Sniper’s Outfit alone, I don’t want the other things in the pack… Separate it just like the Ironclad one, PLEASE!

Posted by: Skynet.7201

Skynet.7201

I’d like to see the bundles split up. There are a few things I’d buy, but I refuse to buy a bundle for a higher price and get things I don’t want.

I’d also like to see outfits in separate pieces so we can mix and match. We can dye separate parts, why can’t we just have separate parts?

I’d like to see some wardrobe diversity.

We created the perfect infiltration machine.
Join 9K+ GW2 players: https://www.facebook.com/groups/GW2Gamers/
All are welcome!

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Someone suggested that ANet should investigate if they can make a “your choice” bundle package. You get a choice of immortal weapon skin, a total makeover kit, your choice of Gem Shop exclusive dye pack, your choice of pure glider (not a combo backpack one) and your choice of outfit for the 2000 gems price. Of course that means unbundling those outfits and glider skins and make them available as well. Then they can see what the true “value” of bundling to players rather than to ANet.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

Someone suggested that ANet should investigate if they can make a “your choice” bundle package. You get a choice of immortal weapon skin, a total makeover kit, your choice of Gem Shop exclusive dye pack, your choice of pure glider (not a combo backpack one) and your choice of outfit for the 2000 gems price. Of course that means unbundling those outfits and glider skins and make them available as well. Then they can see what the true “value” of bundling to players rather than to ANet.

Unfortunately, I don’t want any glider, weapon skin and other stuff… I just want the Bandit outfit. Nothing else. They released the Ironclad costume separately, why they can’t do that with the Bandit one is beyond me…

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Because when the Bandit bundle came out, they weren’t doing that yet. Retroactive adjusting like splitting off the outfit and glider skin from bundles isn’t one of ANet’s strong suits.

Plus they probably don’t want the flood of people to CS wanting refunds for buying the bundle but only wanting the outfit or glider.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Stuff like this really stinks. I decided a few months before HoT’s release that the game was moving in a direction that for me personally wasn’t my cup of tea. That doesn’t mean I don’t want to get stuff in the gem shop. I just bought the Chaos Gauntlets. They’re dope. There should always be options in the gem shop for people who decide certain content isn’t their taste. Is it a big deal? Not really. I think the bigger issue for me personally is the lack of armor sets. Mixing and matching is always better.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall