Outfit Discussion

Outfit Discussion

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

I think it’s absolutely WONDERFUL that Anet is releasing more gender centric Outfits. Female charr have been on the short end of the stick when it came to sharing male versions of outfits. With the datamined Wedding Outfit, now charr RPers can walk down the aisle feeling like the princesses they are.

Since we’re all patiently waiting for HoT to be released, we should really discuss a pressing matter. A lot of players have been reaching End Game and now have time to focus on looks. Anet should take this opportunity to bring out more options for us players to dress up our toons. Outfits are the answer, as they fit on any armor weight class, and are fully functioning in battle. The more Outfits Anet releases, the more Gems players will spend to purchases them.

But hark, we can go a few steps further. In addition to more Outfits, Anet should program some accessory options for players. Visible rings. Necklaces. Hats that don’t remove a toon’s hair. Capes. Maybe something to ride on. All these things would make the Gem Store a fun shopping experience.

Last, but not least, please consider Outfits for our Mini Pets!!!

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Outfit Discussion

Posted by: BattleCat.2098

BattleCat.2098

I love the wardrobe system, but it has a MAJOR flaw: 2Every single time I want to change the looks of something, it will cost me a transmutation shard. This is just ridiculous. I’m fine with spending a transmutation shard for changing something’s apperance, but why do I have to spend one every time after that? Let’s say I make a custom outfit I’m very happy with. With a hat, chest, shoulders, gloves, pants and boots, that’s already six shard right there. No problem, I have 30+ so far. But when I want to make another outfit, it will cost me six more. That’s 12 in total so far. Again, no big deal. I have 30+, so I can afford it. But… now let’s say I want to change back to the first outfit. The one I already paid for. Can I simply change back? Nope, once I changed the outfit again, the first one is gone. Bye bye. Nice knowing you. So if I want that outfit back, it will cost me six shard more.

It goes without saying this is a ridiculous system. Changing the costume once will cost me six shards, but why do I have to spend those shards every time I want the costume back? Why can’t it simply be buy once, enjoy forever like the rest of the game? We should simply spend some shards transforming our current costume into a custom outfit we can swap into whenever we want. It means making more outfits would be a lot more fun, and we wouldn’t have to worry so much what we spend our transmutation shards on.

Then there are other characters, of course. Nine professions, all with six shards each to create a custom outfit. That’s 54 shards right there – and, again, that’s to change the costsume once. If you change it to something else, then want to change back, you’ll have to pay all over again.

Lord of the Rings Online had a wonderful costume system. In short, you have two cosmetic outfits you can swap in to whenever you want. Instead of actually equipping anything here, you only equip a copy of the item. This means you can wear the same custom hat on both costume slots, and you only need once copy of it. Found a nice, fancy jacket you like? You can equip it cosmetically and not worry about the stats, and you can keep it forever AND change the second costume as much as you want. You can thus spend a lot of time creating a custom costume you really like, and still mess around with the second costume safely. You can even map these costumes to hotkeys.

The point is I do love making a custom costume for my characters, but the system in GW2 is severely flawed. I dare say it’s close to a joke. The rest of the game is awesome, so why is the costume-bit so absurdly ridiculous?

Outfit Discussion

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

You should be able to buy pets for your pets, which can equip outfits so that your pet can roleplay too (in an outfit).

Also, hats that you can wear on your shoulders and hands. Not having hand-hats is a disgrace. An outfit is not complete without at least 3 hats. And each hat should be able to own a pet that you can dress up.

Outfit Discussion

Posted by: CandyHearts.6025

CandyHearts.6025

You should be able to buy pets for your pets, which can equip outfits so that your pet can roleplay too (in an outfit).

Also, hats that you can wear on your shoulders and hands. Not having hand-hats is a disgrace. An outfit is not complete without at least 3 hats. And each hat should be able to own a pet that you can dress up.

This. I agree so much.

Outfit Discussion

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

I love the wardrobe system, but it has a MAJOR flaw: 2Every single time I want to change the looks of something, it will cost me a transmutation shard. This is just ridiculous. I’m fine with spending a transmutation shard for changing something’s apperance, but why do I have to spend one every time after that?

Because customizing armor appearance is a large selling point of GW2 and ANet would be remiss to not monetize it in some fashion?

It’s also still leagues better than the old system which forced you to buy gem store sets more than once if you wanted to use a particular skin on two different characters and you could only get Transmutation Crystals for level 80 items from the gem store.