Outfits/Armor you want.

Outfits/Armor you want.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

I’m not seeing the point of making gem store Armor Skins class exclusive. Why can’t they be made available to all classes? When you have outfits that can be used by any class, why is the same not true of skins? Perhaps someone can enlighten me.

Seems like they would sell a lot more skins if they eliminated the class restrictions.

the general excuses why armour skins can’t be made available to all classes
(and by extension why outfits can’t also be sold as armour skins for all classes)
are:

clipping, different cut off points, visual weight classes, time and effort.
all of these have been repeatedly debunked however,
so my only conclusion is that Anet don’t like money.

Outfits/Armor you want.

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Please make the Phoenix Light Armor Skin into an outfit.

This outfit would go really well with my Ranger, but I can’t because it’s not medium armor.

And take away my ability to mix n match It?

How about no.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Outfits/Armor you want.

Posted by: Chad.6104

Chad.6104

This outfit would go really well with my Ranger, but I can’t because it’s not medium armor.

How about no.

I think he meant also, not instead.

Outfits/Armor you want.

How about no.

That’s not what the post said but if that’s the case then I don’t mind.

~Sincerely, Scissors

Outfits/Armor you want.

Posted by: coso.9173

coso.9173

SIMPLER looking outfits. not all of us want overly complex and fancy looking ones.
TOWN CLOTHES made outfits, how hard can it be? the models are already done! just make them into outfits and let us dye them! PLEAAAASE

Outfits/Armor you want.

Posted by: Christina.7926

Christina.7926

Simple white tunic skin for all races/classes. More pants. Less trench coats. Less bulky/long skirts. The only short skirt option I’m aware of is the starter apprentice skirt posted below, and it’s somewhat hideous.

Skins, not outfits.

Attachments:

Bump fixing the Monk Outfit?

Outfits/Armor you want.

Posted by: Nikal.4921

Nikal.4921

How about no.

I was thinking about that, having armor skins also available as outfits. When you go to purchase a style, you could be given the option to purchase as armor skin or outfit.

I have to say here though, that I don’t purchase many of their outfits because the shoulders are just so hideous and can’t be turned off. It would be nice to have more toggle options- esp shoulders. Whenever I just can’t bear the ugliness of the armor on a character I’m leveling, I default to the Cook’s outfit- it’s simple, no 2 story shoulders, no fancy doo dads and gee gaws spiking and spiraling and twirling all over the place. Lol, too much armor in this game, esp the store armor/outfits, is just over the top. I would love to see simpler styles. Street clothes please.

(edited by Nikal.4921)

Outfits/Armor you want.

Posted by: moony.5780

moony.5780

i think that dress + jacket + shoes will look amazing !
+ the others too XD

Attachments:

Outfits/Armor you want.

Posted by: moony.5780

moony.5780

omg that one is really beautiful…and its gw1 ;D

Attachments:

Outfits/Armor you want.

This new armor Taimi is wearing.

Attachments:

~Sincerely, Scissors

Outfits/Armor you want.

Posted by: Ellie.5913

Ellie.5913

I want Lord Faren’s Maguuma Jungle outfit for my female charr.

I want it for everyone.
All my toons would be rocking that loincloth

Guild Wars 1 understood and respected people’s need for loin cloths, they even had cool looking dyable tattoos to go with

Attachments:

Outfits/Armor you want.

Posted by: lmaogg.7325

lmaogg.7325

Looks like the regular armor that scarlet was wearing o-o

Meanwhile all I wish for is a proper cape backpiece.

Outfits/Armor you want.

Posted by: Gryphon.2875

Gryphon.2875

I want it for everyone.

Guild Wars 1 understood and respected people’s need for loin cloths, they even had cool looking dyable tattoos to go with

Yes, in GW1, one of the many reasons why Necromancer was my favorite profession.. Scar Armor

Outfits/Armor you want.

Ellie.5913

I want it for everyone.

Yes, in GW1, one of the many reasons why Necromancer was my favorite profession.. Scar Armor

I also love LOVE the elite scar armor <3

Outfits/Armor you want.

Ellie.5913

I would like this male outfit to be worn by my female characters ( the female version is plain and boring) Oh and without the shoulder pads those things are huge.

Attachments:

(edited by Ellie.5913)

Outfits/Armor you want.

Posted by: Daunte.3095

Daunte.3095

I just want to hide the shoulders and gloves of some of my current outfits.

Outfits/Armor you want.

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

The Third Sword clothes from Jake Wyatt’s Necropolis.
Femenine and cute, yet not oversexualized, practical and fierce.

http://66.media.tumblr.com/2f1f0a2bc21983c6c06c12bdba21a413/tumblr_mp2khdr2Yd1qee52wo3_1280.jpg

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Outfits/Armor you want.

Posted by: Teleoceras.1298

Teleoceras.1298

I want Marjory’s outfit so bad for my Scrapper!

Attachments:

29 characters!
League of Omnipotents [Omni], Fort Aspenwood

Outfits/Armor you want.

Posted by: Icethorn.6570

Icethorn.6570

How about no.

That’s not what the post said but if that’s the case then I don’t mind.

I meant in addition to. Not replace.

Outfits/Armor you want.

Looks like the regular armor that scarlet was wearing o-o

Meanwhile all I wish for is a proper cape backpiece.

That was Magitech armor, this is not it.

~Sincerely, Scissors

Outfits/Armor you want.

Posted by: Drakz.7051

Drakz.7051

I just want some new armour skins really, the ones added with HoT looked mostly really crappy.

I am pretty tired of another new outfit being on sale every couple of months and them looking alright at best or even worse, having parts that I want but can’t mix them because it is either wear the whole thing or not at all.

I want to design my character to look unique, not like every other person around me xD

Outfits/Armor you want.

Posted by: Headcase.4618

Headcase.4618

1. I’d to see to see the old town clothes turned into outfits but with emblems added to them that appear different depending on what you picked in character creation.*

2. I’d also like to see an athletic outfit that features your guild’s emblem (or it’s blank if you’re not in one).

*God/Spirit/Legion/Cycle/College

Outfits/Armor you want.

Posted by: Boogiepop Void.6473

Boogiepop Void.6473

How about any light armor that goes with the Chronomancer shoulders? Nothing available to light classes matches these things, because they look like armor and nothing else in the light class does. The majority of classes have this issue; Scrapper, Tempest, and Reaper are the only ones with specialization armor that really goes with anything.

Outfits/Armor you want.

Posted by: Chadramar.8156

Chadramar.8156

Above everything else, I want less gendered armor. It’s beyond infuriating to see male characters wearing something really impressive, menacing, and/or thematically appealing — and then see the same set turn into yet another half-naked cutesy fetish k*tten trainwreck on a female character. A few months into the game, I flat out stopped paying attention to new skins because it’s always the same BS (with the exception of the decent ascended sets). There are some skins on the gem store that I’d absolutely buy if I could just have the male version.

If there absolutely “must” be skimpy outfits, at least have them be equal-opportunity, just as the practical outfits should be equal-opportunity. I’m sure many straight women, gay men and bi folks among the playerbase wouldn’t mind some eyecandy aimed at them for a change.

More cultural armor would also be very welcome. There’s way too much human-themed stuff, especially in the light armor department, and too few outfits that don’t look out of place on charr or sylvari in particular. I absolutely love playing both species for both the visuals and the lore, but they’re really hard to find good gear for.

I’m also adding my voice to the “more pants for light armor” and the “no more trenchcoats and butt flaps for medium armor” chorus.

Generally, I’m not keen on outfits because we can’t mix-and-match them. Armor >>>> outfits any day.

Outfits/Armor you want.

Posted by: Knuckle Joe.7408

Knuckle Joe.7408

The elementalist’s Vabbian jewels.

DO FAST HANDS BASELINE

Outfits/Armor you want.

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

I’d really like some skin tight options for all weights, that don’t have buttcapes/hip flaps/skirts(long or short).

Think Sneakthief, Aetherblade Heavy Legs, Seer coat.
Seer armor would be so much better if the legs were trousers rather than the oversized bulky skirt.

Kitten.

Outfits/Armor you want.

Gryphon.2875

If there absolutely “must” be skimpy outfits, at least have them be equal-opportunity, just as the practical outfits should be equal-opportunity. I’m sure many straight women, gay men and bi folks among the playerbase wouldn’t mind some eyecandy aimed at them for a change.

Yep, been asking for that for years.

Outfits/Armor you want.

Posted by: eduardo.1436

eduardo.1436

A jester outfit to compliment the new carnival weapons please?

Outfits/Armor you want.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Like this one? Datamined years ago, back when we had Town Clothes instead of Outfits. Possibly just the set used by Risen Jesters, who knows. Sorry I don’t have the female version screened.

Attachments:

Outfits/Armor you want.

Posted by: Darcness.2408

Darcness.2408

the female version is actually really pretty- I really want this. AND the school uniform they scrapped.

Attachments:

Outfits/Armor you want.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Hmmm, lots of players with similar names there. Lol.

Cool outfits.

Outfits/Armor you want.

Darcness.2408

Found this concept art Gem today and was reminded why I love Sylvari- THIS as a GEAR set, NOT an Outfit.

Attachments:

Outfits/Armor you want.

Darcness.2408

I was kind of annoyed to see the Ringmaster with the CHEST piece of it on lol

Outfits/Armor you want.

Posted by: Flowerpower.6795

Flowerpower.6795

I want an armor for playing the game instead of that gemshop bullkitten.
That would be interesting.

Outfits/Armor you want.

Posted by: Emiko.3217

Emiko.3217

Yeah, I’ve suggested it in the past – I think it would be cool to have a jester’kitten skin

Outfits/Armor you want.

Posted by: Azareal.4267

Azareal.4267

I’d really like some skin tight options for all weights, that don’t have buttcapes/hip flaps/skirts(long or short).

Think Sneakthief, Aetherblade Heavy Legs, Seer coat.
Seer armor would be so much better if the legs were trousers rather than the oversized bulky skirt.

- Completely agree. A month in and I also gave up on hunting for armor skins cos 99.9% of everything seems to have some weird funky flappy thing. And devs please don’t say you can’t do this since there’s at least one outfit without the capes,krytan; which means you would already have some sort of skeleton in place for it already.

Outfits/Armor you want.

Posted by: Skullmarked.8705

Skullmarked.8705

GW1 costumes and Armor I wish to see in GW2: Grenth outfit, Vale Wraith outfit, Silver Eagle Armor for hvy, Obsidian Armor (necro) for lgt, and Asuran ranger armor for med. But please for the love of the 5 gods NO Kormire outfit cause nobody likes Kormir. Stone gauntlets, Destroyer gauntlets, Glacial gauntlets, and bandana’s for all races.

Dwayna gave you life, and Grenth can take it from you.

Outfits/Armor you want.

Posted by: ONCE.7206

ONCE.7206

new Marjory’s armor
she look gorgeous…

Outfits/Armor you want.

Posted by: Astra Lux.2846

Astra Lux.2846

Mostly my favourites from GW1 that would bring a little new flavour to each weight class. Necromancer Obsidian- particularly the femme set, Luxon and Kurzick (elite or 1k) Ranger and Monk, and Elite Mesmer Rogue (pls…I need pants for my scholars. Charr Hide armour is…probably not coming back…

Outfits/Armor you want.

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

Above everything else, I want less gendered armor. It’s beyond infuriating to see male characters wearing something really impressive, menacing, and/or thematically appealing — and then see the same set turn into yet another half-naked cutesy fetish k*tten trainwreck on a female character.

THIS! Please and thank you.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Outfits/Armor you want.

Gryphon.2875

Mostly my favourites from GW1 that would bring a little new flavour to each weight class. Necromancer Obsidian- particularly the femme set, Luxon and Kurzick (elite or 1k) Ranger and Monk, and Elite Mesmer Rogue (pls…I need pants for my scholars. Charr Hide armour is…probably not coming back…

GW1 Scar Armor (Normal or Elite or both), Kurzik Armor (normal or Elite).

Outfits/Armor you want.

Posted by: Nikal.4921

Nikal.4921

GW1 Mesmer Krytan armor! It’s fantastic! Especially the female version. Pants and shirt (w/ modest neckline!) w/ jacket- no flaps, skirts, butt-capes, etc.- and beautiful high boots. I started playing GW1 (Prophecies) for Hall of Monuments points (for the Heritage armor) and I was so impressed at how much better the starter armor is there.

(edited by Nikal.4921)