Outfits You Wanna See

Outfits You Wanna See

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: CandyHearts.6025

CandyHearts.6025

Now that we seem to slowly be gaining deity outfits and weapons . . . I would love to see Lyssa get some love next!

http://wiki.guildwars.com/images/thumb/c/c0/Avatar_of_Lyssa_model.jpg/280px-Avatar_of_Lyssa_model.jpg

And I fell in love with this when I was wondering around The Grove.
http://i.imgur.com/x51oD.png

What about you guys?

EDIT – To aid everyone in understanding.
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/hidden-arcana-developer-spotlight-on-crystin-cox/
And this is why we are only talking about outfits!

(edited by CandyHearts.6025)

Outfits You Wanna See

Posted by: ades.1386

ades.1386

I want Grenth pieces, the helm came out forever ago but we cant even get it anymore, with the new reaper class coming out you’d think they would focus on a outfit theme for it.

Crystal Desert

Outfits You Wanna See

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

The outfits are nice, but really the only outfit I’d like to see that’s Guild Wars 1 related is the Elite Noble.

Attachments:

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Outfits You Wanna See

CandyHearts.6025

The outfits are nice, but really the only outfit I’d like to see that’s Guild Wars 1 related is the Elite Noble.

Oh that’s pretty! Thanks for the post! O.O

Outfits You Wanna See

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

less “outfits” in general, more armour skins!
let us pick and choose to equip however much of an outfit we want

there are so many outfits i would have bought by now if i could just use a small part of it.
that being said, i’d love more old GW1 armour, scar pattern, 15k druids, 15k gladiators etc

Outfits You Wanna See

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Faren and Kasmeer swimsuits.
That is all.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Outfits You Wanna See

CandyHearts.6025

less “outfits” in general, more armour skins!
let us pick and choose to equip however much of an outfit we want

there are so many outfits i would have bought by now if i could just use a small part of it.
that being said, i’d love more old GW1 armour, scar pattern, 15k druids, 15k gladiators etc

Well of course! Armor skins > outfits majority of the time. But as far as I know Anet will not further add armor skins to the gemstore and from here on out only give us outfits.

HoT will bring a lot of skins in game I hope though. Especially more short skirts for cloth! X3

I looked up the druid one and I hope I find the right one because it’s very cool! That would be a great add on especially with us getting Druid!

Outfits You Wanna See

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

Well of course! Armor skins > outfits majority of the time. But as far as I know Anet will not further add armor skins to the gemstore and from here on out only give us outfits.

The frustrating thing is because there are so few you can not help running into someone else who looks practically the same.

The best solution is to do something like the old town clothes. Rather than a single item for everything allow some amount of mix and match. Or at least allow various pieces to be turned off so the armor skin can show through.

Outfits You Wanna See

CandyHearts.6025

The frustrating thing is because there are so few you can not help running into someone else who looks practically the same.

The best solution is to do something like the old town clothes. Rather than a single item for everything allow some amount of mix and match. Or at least allow various pieces to be turned off so the armor skin can show through.

I did notice I can turn off gloves and helm. Not sure if the shoulder will disappear seeing as none of my outfits have any to take off with the check mark. But that’s as far as it goes I guess

Sometimes I wish I could mix helms atleast. But soon as that invis for helm is checked boom. Just my hair. :/ A customizers dreaaams. . .

Outfits You Wanna See

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

I would love to be able to do that with some outfits. Depending on what skin I was using for their armors any 2 characters could have completely different looks between the outfit and their chest armor.

Outfits You Wanna See

Posted by: panzer.6034

panzer.6034

Still waiting for swimsuits

Outfits You Wanna See

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

Tight / leather outfits that don’t have clipping issues (GW1 Necro armor anyone?), no huge skirts, no huge shoulder parts, no trenchcoats.

Outfits You Wanna See

Posted by: shambo.3842

shambo.3842

something like Obsidian armor from gw1,

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Obsidian_armor

the necro Obsidian armor looked to cool. it was fun making them because you had to clear a big part of FOW to even get to the guy to forge them for you. not to mention getting all the ecto and Obsidian shards ( they were a lot harder to come by in gw1 )

and more heavy armor that doesn’t have skirts for my female guard…lol

(edited by shambo.3842)

Outfits You Wanna See

Posted by: Abe Kleine.3568

Abe Kleine.3568

Now that we seem to slowly be gaining deity outfits and weapons . . . I would love to see Lyssa get some love next!

http://wiki.guildwars.com/images/thumb/c/c0/Avatar_of_Lyssa_model.jpg/280px-Avatar_of_Lyssa_model.jpg

And I fell in love with this when I was wondering around The Grove.
http://i.imgur.com/x51oD.png

What about you guys?

Everyone has been screaming at the top of their lungs for less outfits and more armor pieces. The reasoning for more outfits than pieces was clipping issues, which is false. Because some things inherently clip through armor, like ears, tails, and some armors in the base game.

Outfits You Wanna See

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

something like Obsidian armor from gw1,

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Obsidian_armor

the necro Obsidian armor looked to cool. it was fun making them because you had to clear a big part of FOW to even get to the guy to forge them for you. not to mention getting all the ecto and Obsidian shards ( they were a lot harder to come by in gw1 )

and more heavy armor that doesn’t have skirts for my female guard…lol

We should be so lucky to see any of the fabulous work done in GW1 here in GW2, that would be too much of the right thing to do.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Outfits You Wanna See

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

now that would be smart wouldnt it.. and we cant have that. Drones…drones everywhere..

Outfits You Wanna See

Rauderi.8706

Drones…drones everywhere..

I, too, cannot wait for Engineer-Forge.

Many alts; handle it!
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Outfits You Wanna See

Basaltface.2786

Drones…drones everywhere..

I, too, cannot wait for Engineer-Forge.

me 2… gonna be (hopefully) amazing. But lets not derail the topic

Outfits You Wanna See

Posted by: Serious Thought.5394

Serious Thought.5394

I wanna buy tails as a back item that can be dyed, cuz that’d be super fun ^.^ You could buy 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9 tails (200 gem each) or all tail sets(1000 gem) and then have them be dif colors. I mean we already have wings >.> what’s with the prejudice? We have 5+ wing back items (I’m sure far more, but 4 I know of off the top of my head) Is it because Charr? =(

Worst Thief in the world, yes I am.

Outfits You Wanna See

Posted by: zaneber.6908

zaneber.6908

I’m ok with some outfits, but they need to release a couple at a time.
I would much rather SEE new armor skins more than outfits.

Some of these could work as either or, some of them are from the companions.
Just listing my favorites by Guild Wars class.

Ele: Sunspear, Elite Kurzick, Elite Stormforges, Elite Stoneforged

Assassin: (zenmai) Am Fah, Primeeval (Anton) Deldrimor. Elite Exotic, Luxon, Shing Jea

Necro: (Livia) Brotherhood, Deldrimor. Tyrian, Fanatic, Necrotic, Elite Cabal, Sunspear, Vabbian

Warrior: (Jora)Brotherhood, Deldrimor. Elite Kurzick, Elite Canthan, Elite Sunspear, Ancient, Elite charrhide.

Ranger: (Margrids) Corsair, Ancient, Primeval. (Jin) Zaishen. Elite Drakescale, Elite Kurzick, Elite Luxon, Primeval.

Ritualist: (Xandra) Brotherhood, Deldrimor. (Razah) Ancient, Primeval, Kurzick. Luxon, Norn.

I suspect some might come in expansions. Again they could work as outfits, but I’d rather them be armor for the maximum ability to mix and match.

Outfits You Wanna See

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

Outfits You Wanna See

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

A version of it exists.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Heritage_armor_%28light%29

Unfortunately the dye channels are really screwy on it

(edited by starlinvf.1358)

Outfits You Wanna See

CandyHearts.6025

A version of it exists.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Heritage_armor_%28light%29

Unfortunately the dye channels are really screwy on it

Not gunna lie. They don’t look remotely similar to me. xD

And guys. They wont release more armor skins. Just outfits. ¬_¬

Outfits You Wanna See

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

That is all.

I second this. I would pay a good amount of gems for a Lord Faren Speedo Outfit. Just saying. See 2nd pic for example.

Also, perhaps not as an outfit, but I’d like to see an armor skin set for Varesh Ossa. I love her shoulder piece in particular (or maybe it’s part of the chest? I don’t know – the curvy thing around her head looks very Egyptian and regal), and think it would suit the Chronomancer amazingly well. See first pic below.

Attachments:

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

(edited by Zaoda.1653)

Outfits You Wanna See

Posted by: Wildkitten.3872

Wildkitten.3872

I would love to see more GW1 armors turned into outfits or armor skins, especially the Mesmer fissure armor.

But what I would really like to see is a revamp of the outfit system. While the changes done to it a while back did fix somethings, they messed up quite a bit. You have the male dress outfit which would look incredible with either the top hat or monocle, yet you can’t wear the top hat or monocle with it because those are armor skins and you can’t show armor pieces while the outfit is on. Also, the whole town clothes as tonic system needs to be changed. I haven’t worn my khaki cargo shorts in forever because I can’t mix and match it with tops I would like to wear with it. Would be nice to wear the shorts with the Jungle Explorers outfit to make a sort of Lara Croft look, but of course we can’t do that. Also would love to wear sunglasses with that outfit as well as the pirate one as I hate the headpieces with those outfits, but once again, can’t do that. Really hurts the functionality of the outfit system.

Jaina Kitten, Level 80 Elementalist, Main
Yak’s Bend – Expletus

Outfits You Wanna See

Posted by: Wildkitten.3872

Wildkitten.3872

That is all.

Would love to see them too, but I think those were removed from the data files along with the School outfit. Not sure why none of those three every made it to the gem store.

Jaina Kitten, Level 80 Elementalist, Main
Yak’s Bend – Expletus

Outfits You Wanna See

Posted by: Milferd.3780

Milferd.3780

I only bought an outfit under the old system. I have no interest in the current very limited coloring choice outfits. As no polling of players as far as I know was done when the old system was changed ARNET was lucky if new outfit system makes more money and that only because the old town clothes system was neglected in the first place with no lines of separates available.
They let people into battle with the new outfits no reason the outfit section can’t have same slots as armor greatly expanding the possibles and sales of these items. The old tonic now outfits can be brought back and hey let us fight in them too makes as much sense as letting the other new outfits normally light armor looking be used by medium and heavy armor types. Best of both worlds. The monocle and other clothing like skins can be converted over.

Outfits You Wanna See

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Still waiting for swimsuits

I came here just to say this. And now I’m off. Woosh!

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Outfits You Wanna See

Posted by: panzer.6034

panzer.6034

I actually want swimsuits, a barbecue station for buffs, and a beach ball toy…

Outfits You Wanna See

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

I have been holding out in hopes for this one.

Attachments:

JQ Druid

Outfits You Wanna See

Posted by: Tenrai Senshi.2017

Tenrai Senshi.2017

I’d honestly prefer to see less outfits and more armor. I’m not fond of having customization reduced, in favor of cloned looks shared by hundreds of players.

Outfits You Wanna See

Posted by: Miss Lana.5276

Miss Lana.5276

48 Characters|Necro|Raider|Fractaller|PvPer|Singer
So long Treeface.
“…Kormir? I know not of whom you speak.”

Outfits You Wanna See

Posted by: thefinnster.7105

thefinnster.7105

i dono about outfits but id love to see a fiery version of the wings make it so Anet

Outfits You Wanna See

Posted by: RavynKage.3609

RavynKage.3609

Oh that’s easy,

http://wiki.guildwars.com/images/9/94/Shining_Blade_costume.png

c’mon anet, give me back my shining blade outfit!

Elementalist by nature, Sylvari at heart, at Home in the Priory. / Tarnished Coast

Outfits You Wanna See

CandyHearts.6025

Wow. Beautiful! Do want! O.O

Outfits You Wanna See

Posted by: Spirited Was Eceni.3869

Spirited Was Eceni.3869

This gets my vote but please not an outfit. My GW1 mesmer and mesmer mercenaries wore this set.

“Judge a person’s character by how they behave when given anonymity.”

Welcome to the Internet, exposing characters since the early 80’s.

Outfits You Wanna See

Posted by: dom.2748

dom.2748

How about no outfits. I am tired of outfits. We need armor sets. Outfits outfits outfits. The fact that people are eating this kitten up is ridiculous. “Hah, this outfit is awesome.. oh look everybody else thinks so too, oh… we all look exactly the same because we can’t mix and match anything.”

Outfits You Wanna See

Rauderi.8706

Someone brought it up before, since they’re going through the Human gods as inspiration, we could move on to other racial themes:

Charr Legion uniforms.
Asura College uniforms.
Norn shaman outfits. (I’d sell my baby for the Wolf outfit. Y’know, if I had one. And it wasn’t illegal to traffic humans for digital goods.)

And best of all, Headless Sylvari outft, just in time for Mordremoth.

Many alts; handle it!

Outfits You Wanna See

CandyHearts.6025

How about no outfits. I am tired of outfits. We need armor sets. Outfits outfits outfits. The fact that people are eating this kitten up is ridiculous. “Hah, this outfit is awesome.. oh look everybody else thinks so too, oh… we all look exactly the same because we can’t mix and match anything.”

I don’t know why I have to keep retyping this in the same thread but here we go. . .

Anet wont be putting armor sets in the gemstore anymore. What you see is what we get. All skins will be game release only. So by asking what OUTFITS you wanna see I’m basically asking what you’d want in the gemstore next. I hope this helps.

Anywho~!

I know this wasn’t from anything gw related but its such an attractive design. I wish we could see styles like this put into an outfit possibly!

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101110154919/finalfantasy/images/1/1d/Dissidia_Terra.png

Outfits You Wanna See

Posted by: Oreithyia.3064

Oreithyia.3064

more real cultural outfits… like:
-a norn outfit with figurative embroidery that tell their legend (starting with the Issomir and including the killing of zaithan) and loads of trophies showing off their hunting skills, loads of fluffy fur, coloured glass beards (one can never have enough glass beads) and metal jewelry with animals perhaps similiar to the Oseberg style.

-a glowing and blinking outfit with loads of layers and a headpiece that actually emphasises the ears for asura, there will never be enough.

- perhaps some 15th century clothing for humans? (with hosen for the guys and really long dresses with loads of folds and high waists for the girls)

-charr clothing that doesn’t clip the horns and the tail and looks warrior and charr-like. I’d love more stuff that looks a bit like samurai armour (minus the helmet).

(edited by Oreithyia.3064)

Outfits You Wanna See

Rauderi.8706

I don’t know why I have to keep retyping this in the same thread but here we go. . .

Anet wont be putting armor sets in the gemstore anymore. What you see is what we get. All skins will be game release only. So by asking what OUTFITS you wanna see I’m basically asking what you’d want in the gemstore next. I hope this helps.

Anywho~!

I know this wasn’t from anything gw related but its such an attractive design. I wish we could see styles like this put into an outfit possibly!

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101110154919/finalfantasy/images/1/1d/Dissidia_Terra.png

What are you talking about? I said no more outfits, stop asking for outfits. You’re taking away from development of armors. The fact that you can with a straight face say we’ll get armor skins in game is an infuriating joke. We’ve gotten one armor set added to the gem outside of the gemshop in 3 years. Don’t go making baseless statements because its stupid.

Please keep up with the information available about the game. It was released that their intent was to issue armor skins via in-game rewards and outfits via the gem store.

So please do untwist your carefully chosen knickers.

Many alts; handle it!

Outfits You Wanna See

Posted by: Biermeister.4678

Biermeister.4678

Ranger Elite Druid armor

Outfits You Wanna See

Posted by: dom.2748

dom.2748

Anywho~!

What are you talking about? I said no more outfits, stop asking for outfits. You’re taking away from development of armors. The fact that you can with a straight face say we’ll get armor skins in game is an infuriating joke. We’ve gotten one armor set added to the gem outside of the gemshop in 3 years. Don’t go making baseless statements because its stupid.

Please keep up with the information available about the game. It was released that their intent was to issue armor skins via in-game rewards and outfits via the gem store.

Still waiting for that in-game armor. Where is it at? Wake me up in a few years when it gets here okay? Some people just love to be fanboys. “No, armor needs to be in-game rewards! Outfits on gem store only!”

Outfits You Wanna See

Basaltface.2786

Anywho~!

As much as i hate outfits…there.. a quote from a blogpost

“During Living World Season 2, Crystin took charge of a new team that was organized to improve in-game rewards in Guild Wars 2. Previously, no single dedicated team handled in-game rewards, and individual content teams were responsible for deciding how players would be rewarded. Crystin felt there should be a greater balance between Gem Store item offerings and in-game rewards, and she and the rewards and commerce teams have worked on creating a clear division so that items will fit their method of distribution. For example, armor sets are now exclusively designed as in-game rewards while outfits are primarily Gem Store offerings. Her teams also designed the new transmutation system and helped work on the new wardrobe.”

So yea.. nice times are over for skin lovers.. outfits.. outfits everywhere… no nice things anymore if you wanna mix and match

Outfits You Wanna See

CandyHearts.6025

Anywho~!

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/hidden-arcana-developer-spotlight-on-crystin-cox/

“Crystin felt there should be a greater balance between Gem Store item offerings and in-game rewards, and she and the rewards and commerce teams have worked on creating a clear division so that items will fit their method of distribution. For example, armor sets are now exclusively designed as in-game rewards while outfits are primarily Gem Store offerings”

When you get your foot out of your mouth I hope you’ll make a great addition to the suggestions here for outfits! Thanks!

Outfits You Wanna See

Rauderi.8706

[quote=5382574;dom.2748:
Still waiting for that in-game armor. Where is it at? Wake me up in a few years when it gets here okay? Some people just love to be fanboys. “No, armor needs to be in-game rewards! Outfits on gem store only!”[/quote]

/cough
Carapace
/cough

And that’s only a start of where ANet is going to go, now that they actually have a delivery system in mind.

But, alas, some people want to be combative and whiny instead of doing their due diligence and staying informed.

Meanwhile, can’t wait for that wedding outfit to come out. My Asura is getting the cutest colors I can find, while my Sylvari necromancer is getting the most godsawful bridesmaid colors this side of Easter.

Many alts; handle it!

Outfits You Wanna See

CandyHearts.6025

/cough
Carapace
/cough

And that’s only a start of where ANet is going to go, now that they actually have a delivery system in mind.

But, alas, some people want to be combative and whiny instead of doing their due diligence and staying informed.

Meanwhile, can’t wait for that wedding outfit to come out. My Asura is getting the cutest colors I can find, while my Sylvari necromancer is getting the most godsawful bridesmaid colors this side of Easter.
[/quote]

LOL! That sounds fun! I really wanna get the wedding dress. I love that it changes per race. My only issue is the Syl’s dress lacks some texture.

Outfits You Wanna See

Rauderi.8706

“During Living World Season 2, Crystin took charge of a new team that was organized to improve in-game rewards in Guild Wars 2. Previously, no single dedicated team handled in-game rewards, and individual content teams were responsible for deciding how players would be rewarded. Crystin felt there should be a greater balance between Gem Store item offerings and in-game rewards, and she and the rewards and commerce teams have worked on creating a clear division so that items will fit their method of distribution. For example, armor sets are now exclusively designed as in-game rewards while outfits are primarily Gem Store offerings. Her teams also designed the new transmutation system and helped work on the new wardrobe.”

So yea.. nice times are over for skin lovers.. outfits.. outfits everywhere… no nice things anymore if you wanna mix and match

Thanks, Basalt and Candy. That’s exactly the quote I was thinking of.

Here’s to hoping there are plenty of skin collections out there.

Meanwhile, I’m looking forward to a heavy-armor outfit that isn’t foofy like Ceremonial or try-hard like Balthazar. (Or WTHeck wingboob like Dwayna.) Certainly, Grenth’s is on the horizon, but I expect that to be clothy. Perhaps Kormir’s?

Many alts; handle it!

Outfits You Wanna See

Posted by: Zev.3407

Zev.3407

I’d like some futuristic, techno type style outift.

Outfits You Wanna See

CandyHearts.6025

Thanks, Basalt and Candy. That’s exactly the quote I was thinking of.

Here’s to hoping there are plenty of skin collections out there.

Meanwhile, I’m looking forward to a heavy-armor outfit that isn’t foofy like Ceremonial or try-hard like Balthazar. (Or WTHeck wingboob like Dwayna.) Certainly, Grenth’s is on the horizon, but I expect that to be clothy. Perhaps Kormir’s?

https://a2-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/4/f8c97582bd1c4c1c93698460d2c95da6/full.jpg

Found this image for Kormir. If it looked like the second half . . . Grabbyhandsknowsnobounds!