Outfits and headgear

Outfits and headgear

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tekoneiric.6817

Tekoneiric.6817

Can we get the ability to use our headgear skins while using outfits. I typically use the Shadow Assassin outfit with a few of my characters and wish I could use the glowing bloodstone eyes instead of the mask that comes with the outfit. I kind of wish headgear and eyewear was separate but I’m sure that would be more complex than just allowing the player to select which headgear is visible.

Also I wish they would make a change on the female version of the Shadow Assassin outfit. There is this huge bow in the back that clips stowed weapons. I wish that was removed and replaced with the rope being tied in the front of the outfit with a smaller rope sections that hangs down from a tight knot. Or it could be replaced with a braided rope belt of sorts that buckles at the front. I think either of these would be more in line with the style of the outfit.

Outfits and headgear

Posted by: Tenrai Senshi.2017

Tenrai Senshi.2017

When you consider that the head gear for outfits can be turned on and off, it is a question of why they can’t be replaced with other head gear and, subsequently, why the head gear for outfits cannot be used on their own with other armor sets.

Then again, I don’t know how the technology for outfits works or how it could or would interact with armor in a case of mixing or matching (it might be currently impossible to achieve). The ideal solution would be to simply introduce a bit more variety on the armor side of things for more mix and match options. Otherwise, if ANet is absolutely set on outfits, at least give some customization options for them (like a few head gear options to choose from for each outfit, or a few sliders that can adjust other details on the outfit itself)

Outfits and headgear

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Would love to use my tophat on top of the exemplar attire outfit.

+1 to this suggestion.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Outfits and headgear

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

+1. Unfortunately, we’ve been asking for this since forever, still no change.

Outfits and headgear

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

+1

I think this would be a great addition to the use of outfits. My necro doesn’t look the same without her Demon Masque.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Outfits and headgear

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

+1

Don’t know why this isn’t possible, they actually had this feature in GW1. There probably is reason though. Just really miss the ability to enable/disable outfit and enable/disable hat separately.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

Outfits and headgear

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I can’t see this happening.

The entire value of outfits is that they aren’t mix & match. ANet doesn’t have to take into account any other skins for the design, testing, or implementation. Allowing mix & match adds to the expense. The costs to ANet are probably significant: redesigning outfits to allow mix & match hats and the ongoing additional design costs.

This is true despite the fact that outfits already can hide the hats and that some hats don’t seem to have any issues (clipping or otherwise) with the below-the-neck skins.

A slightly cheaper alternative would be to create special outfit-only mix & match hat skins. These would probably be simplistic reskins of existing hats and would no doubt cost additional gems. (It would still require ANet to redesign outfits to allow for mix & match, but the ongoing costs would be a lot less…probably.)

tl;dr This isn’t likely to happen. From a design/business perspective, outfits are economical because they don’t mix & match; adding that capability defeats one of the fundamental reasons they exist.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Outfits and headgear

Posted by: Swing.6439

Swing.6439

+1, I was really really sad about Marjory’s new outfit not being like the Trickster one. Being an Asura and finding that right look is difficult.

Outfits and headgear

Posted by: Tekoneiric.6817

Tekoneiric.6817

I should be possible because I was looking around the gem store at items and it showed the preview of my character in the outfit I have on her with glowing bloodstone eyes.

Attachments: