Outfits dye schemes disappear

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

Is anyone else finding their outfit dye schemes keep disappearing after not wearing one for a while and/or swapping to another? This has happened to me a few times now on different characters. I thought once u choose a dye scheme for an outfit it is saved like on armor. Or did i get that wrong?

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

I’ve been running into that problem, too. I was wondering if there was a different between dragging the outfit into the spot or clicking on it from the selection panel.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Same here, it seems if I log to character select with the outfit on, it loses the dye scheme. However I have not rigorously tested what does and does not cause the dye loss.

/sigh. I was happy when dye schemes started “sticking” even if they were for all outfits, so you could not individually save outfit colors. It was still better than losing the scheme just viewing a new outfit. Hopefully they’ll figure out the bug on this soonish.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Armor dyes seems to attach to the armor itself. For example I have account bound armor for my key runner. It’s dyed and when I put the armor on a new key runner after deleting the last, the dye is still there.

The costume dyes seem to be attached to the dye slots and only as long as there is a costume there. Remove the costume and lose the dye. Switching to a new one without the costume slot being empty in between, for me, seems to only partially keep the dyes selected. Sometimes they stay and sometimes one will be lost.