Outfits for all chars?

Outfits for all chars?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Katoomba.6905

Katoomba.6905

I have about 6 or 7 Lvl 80 chars but have not played for a long time. Now I am back and the absolutely beautiful dresses I had purchased for my chars don’t seem to be on their back any longer once I start playing. (They are still on them when I look at their picture for log in).
So I am wondering, is there some special monthly fee that has to be paid or something, or are the new outfits already purchased not applicable for the expansion?

Outfits for all chars?

Posted by: Alga.6498

Alga.6498

Which outfits are you talking about?

Outfits are unlocked for any characters and how many aswell, you just need to click on ’’Outfit’’ section whenever you press on H button in-game.

If you’re asking when some outfits will be back... well, that’s tricky because some are only there for a limited time.. such as Halloween, Valentine, or a special Living Season etc.

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|

Outfits for all chars?

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I’m not sure why an outfit would show up on the character line up but not in game.

Go to the outfit section of your hero panel, select an outfit and make sure is toggled on. (There is a toggle to turn the outfit on and off on hero panel),

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Outfits for all chars?

Posted by: Kumion.7580

Kumion.7580

First, there are no monthly fees of any kind for GW2. Any purchased outfits will be available to all characters on your account.

You say you’ve been gone a long time… if you left before implementation of the wardrobe function, then that could be the source of your issue. Log into each of your characters to make sure all skins and dyes are collected to the account wardrobe.

Further reading: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/introducing-the-wardrobe-system/
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Wardrobe

Outfits for all chars?

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

The only cost for outfits is the purchase price, once you’ve got one it’s yours forever and can be used on all your characters with no additional cost. There is also no restriction on outfits based on what version of the game you own.

Here’s some possibilities I can think of, starting with the easiest to check:

Are they equipped?

I have no idea why they’d show up on the character select screen if they’re not but just in case: Open the Hero Panel, go to the Outfits tab (if you’re on the equipment screen you need to click the arrow at the top where it says Equipment and then select Outfits). Make sure there is an outfit displayed in the little box next to your character and the check box is ticked. Then check what’s shown in the game world. (Sometimes if the game is running slow or has just loaded it can take a few seconds to switch over, but it should happen.)

Were they town clothes?

When you bought these dresses were the called town clothes, or outfits? It really would have been a long time since you played if they’re town clothes and haven’t been updated but it’s a possibility.

If you remember them being town clothes and/or they don’t show up on the Outfits tab try speaking to a Black Lion Trader (Armorsmith) – they’re found in cities, near the Trading Post. They will offer you the opportunity to have all your town clothes added to the wardrobe.

You need to do this on each character individually as it only converts town clothes they’re wearing or have in their inventory.

None of the above?

If that doesn’t work I think you might need to contact Support and ask them for help. If possible include a screenshot of one or more of your characters on the character select screen so it’s clear what outfits you’re talking about.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”