Outfits versus Armor

Outfits versus Armor

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Nandor The Stampede.1593

Nandor The Stampede.1593

pls stop buying those horribly designed outfits that nobody wears and worse, that you can’t mix and match.

Are the days of cool new armor gone?

Outfits versus Armor

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Yes.
/12DeadBabyQuaggansThatPeterFriesKilledWithAButterKnife

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Outfits versus Armor

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

pls stop buying those horribly designed outfits that nobody wears and worse, that you can’t mix and match.

Please stop buying outfits that no one wears? If I’m buying it, it’s because I like it enough to wear it. I don’t need to be told not to buy outfits that others don’t wear. Lol.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Outfits versus Armor

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

yes.. they are long over. Well we got three per weight class in the expansion..and a 4th for heavy only… so thats that.

Outfits versus Armor

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

To be fair, if the outfits were ugly, the corresponding armor set would be ugly too, though I suppose it’s entirely possible that there’s a piece of two worth using.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Outfits versus Armor

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I like many of the outfits, so I will always buy any that I think look good.

Outfits versus Armor

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

If I like it…. I buy it. Just how it goes. You don’t like ‘em. That’s fine.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Outfits versus Armor

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

The worst bit about outfits is that they only have 4 dye slots. I instantly regretted buying the Arcane outfit when I realised how kittening stupid the dye slots were.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Outfits versus Armor

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I would say that the sale of outfits supports the cost of new ingame armor, but since I can’t because they’ve done a bad job so far…..

The sale of outfits is one of the gemstore incomes that should help support the cost of ingame armor. What you should be asking for is not for ANet to stop selling fluff in their gemstore but to use some of the money gained from selling this fluff to make more ingame armor. If they were making ingame armor at a reasonable rate, not only would the selling of gemstore fluff not be an issue, you’d be thanking us for buying it and helping to fund the armor. So, you’re looking at the problem the wrong way. It’s not us buying. It’s them not making.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Outfits versus Armor

Posted by: kuritsutian.2987

kuritsutian.2987

I think the more important point here is not whether or not the dessigns are of our likings, but the releasing of new skins trough outfits rather than armors, the reason is purely commercial as outfits are not bound to any armor ranking … so one design will only be available for certain classes (not cost efficient). Personally I am more likely to buy an armor than an outfit, so kinda calls for a market study if not already done. If customer satisfaction only would be armors over outfits for sure.

Suddenly in the Forums Everyone is now a Game designer!

Outfits versus Armor

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Old Saying: One man’s trash is another man’s treasure.

Just because YOU don’t like it, doesn’t mean everyone has to hate it too.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Outfits versus Armor

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

In the mean time can we get the option to “hide shoulders” for the Outfits? But more Armour or more dye options for Outfits (I’m not a fan of only using 4 colours) would also be great.

Outfits versus Armor

Posted by: Gilburt.9146

Gilburt.9146

I haven’t bought an outfit in ages and probably won’t ever purchase one again. I want to be able to customize my appearance and outfits just mean you have to look like everyone else. Meh.

Brother Gilburt – Guard / Agent Gilburt – Thief

Outfits versus Armor

Posted by: Mickey Chi.3178

Mickey Chi.3178

So far I think the count outfit and the natural oath’s outfit for women (human race) look nice: one long dress that looks pretty elegant and the other looks “fairy” special. I liked the monk one too, but somehow it’s a bit like a roman slave outfit

Outfits versus Armor

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

I recently bought some Outfits .. but in Marvel Heros, because the lack of
new armor sets brought me to the insight that there is no reason to play
GW2 any longer. I have 8000 gold and 10.000 gems … but there is simply
nothing i can buy for .. so why farm more ?

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Outfits versus Armor

Posted by: Mickey Chi.3178

Mickey Chi.3178

I think there’s more than just armor sets in GW2 to play, sometimes I even think the appearance of the characters plays little role

Outfits versus Armor

Beldin.5498

I think there’s more than just armor sets in GW2 to play, sometimes I even think the appearance of the characters plays little role

I have played that game over 7000 hours .. and of course there is more in the
whole direction the game took with HoT that i simply dislike.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.

Outfits versus Armor

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Outfits are now the norm in the Gem Shop. New armor are now rewards for doing content and since new content comes out slowly, it’s a dribble.

If outfits weren’t such a money maker, I’m sure ANet wouldn’t be putting them out as much.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Outfits versus Armor

Beldin.5498

Outfits are now the norm in the Gem Shop. New armor are now rewards for doing content and since new content comes out slowly, it’s a dribble.

Thats what they told us … but where please are those rewards ? Since we got the
wardrobe until Hot .. the only set were Carapace / Luminous which are more or
less the same .. and i think a PvP armor .. but i don’t play PvP.

So more or less 1 Set in 1.5 years .. but ok .. i thought they hold it all back and
then we get maybe 20+ new sets in Hot … but now .. gigantic 3 new sets in an
expansion that costed the same as the initial game.

I really wish they would go back to the old system where we had 1 new arnor set
more or less every month in the gemstore.

Outfits versus Armor

Behellagh.1468

Like a said, a dribble. We got one with SW and 3-ish with HoT not counting the future Legendary Armor that we can’t start until raids are complete.

And I think we had this discussion. 20 sets (assuming you are counting each weight separately) was downright crazy thinking. It’s a level 80 only zone. Many of the armor sets we got for free in game were associated with level, race and region. 5 races, 4 regions, 80 levels. HoT is one level, one region and no new playable races. Maybe we could have gotten exalted or frog inspired armor but we got bladed, leystone, another guild armor set and an addition heavy set to commemorate revenants.

Counting weights separately that’s 10, 3 light, 3 medium, 4 heavy.

RIP City of Heroes

Outfits versus Armor

Beldin.5498

And I think we had this discussion. 20 sets (assuming you are counting each weight separately) was downright crazy thinking. It’s a level 80 only zone. Many of the armor sets we got for free in game were associated with level, race and region. 5 races, 4 regions, 80 levels. HoT is one level, one region and no new playable races. Maybe we could have gotten exalted or frog inspired armor but we got bladed, leystone, another guild armor set and an addition heavy set to commemorate revenants. .

Why should the level matter for the number of armor sets we got ? For me the
price does matter. For that price we should have gotten simply nearly as much
different sets than in GW2 .. oh and of course as much playable content.

What you said is more .. ohh we get so much less content than what we got in
the original game .. so its fair if we also got less armor sets.

And if the next expansion cost $120 and has only 1 zone, its fair if we also get
only 1 new armor set .. or even nothing at all ?

Outfits versus Armor

Posted by: Ranlares.2513

Ranlares.2513

I came on here to make another post about this exact topic, though rather than just saying don’t make them like a silly person, I have a better suggestion. MAKE THEM

Make all the outfits you want. Charge your 700 gems for them. Please do. They have their place (leveling alts is hell for me because of the mixed crap looking armor) I love having outfits for alts. My suggestion is this though

700 gems: Outfit
1000 gems: Armor Skin Set Version of the same Outfit
1500 gems: BOTH

This will make Anet more money, and give us the pieces of the outfits we actually like. PLEASE ANET

Outfits versus Armor

Posted by: Squee.7829

Squee.7829

I think the idea was to make armor obtainable through playing the game, and not have unique armor skins only available through paying real money.
It sounds good on paper, but in practice it only really works if they actually MAKE armors. But the outfit production far outpaces armor production in this game, so now it just seems like they don’t care about making new armor. It’s outfits or nothing.

Leader and sole member of the “Bring Penguins to Tyria” movement.

Outfits versus Armor

Beldin.5498

I think the idea was to make armor obtainable through playing the game, and not have unique armor skins only available through paying real money.
It sounds good on paper, but in practice it only really works if they actually MAKE armors. But the outfit production far outpaces armor production in this game, so now it just seems like they don’t care about making new armor. It’s outfits or nothing.

And thats exactly where GW2 lost its shine .. it was a fashion centric game .. but
there is no new fashion … all we get now is either outfits or new gear stats.

And in that case i better go hunt for better gear stats somewhere else instead
of grinding for the next “meta” ascended gear stats here.

Outfits versus Armor

Posted by: Pure Heart.1456

Pure Heart.1456

The only thing I have against outfits, is that Anet is making them instead of real armour. And that kittens me to tears. Seriously, it’s heartbreaking.

Outfits versus Armor

Behellagh.1468

And I think we had this discussion. 20 sets (assuming you are counting each weight separately) was downright crazy thinking. It’s a level 80 only zone. Many of the armor sets we got for free in game were associated with level, race and region. 5 races, 4 regions, 80 levels. HoT is one level, one region and no new playable races. Maybe we could have gotten exalted or frog inspired armor but we got bladed, leystone, another guild armor set and an addition heavy set to commemorate revenants. .

Why should the level matter for the number of armor sets we got ? For me the
price does matter. For that price we should have gotten simply nearly as much
different sets than in GW2 .. oh and of course as much playable content.

What you said is more .. ohh we get so much less content than what we got in
the original game .. so its fair if we also got less armor sets.

And if the next expansion cost $120 and has only 1 zone, its fair if we also get
only 1 new armor set .. or even nothing at all ?

You are just being obstinate now. Unless you actually thought the expansion was going to be as large or even half as large as the original game you had no reason to expect 20 new armor sets in a year and a half since the time they dropped the last armor set either in the Gem Shop or game.

You are blaming ANet for not living up to your unrealistic explanations just like so many players who put words into ANet’s mouth and then accuse them of lying and scamming. “Only if this game was just like GW, they would be making so much bank.”

RIP City of Heroes

Outfits versus Armor

Behellagh.1468

The only thing I have against outfits, is that Anet is making them instead of real armour. And that kittens me to tears. Seriously, it’s heartbreaking.

It’s easier. No need to be concern about horrible clipping caused by mixing pieces from armor sets. They only need to hang them on each race’s animation rig, test them at a few preset sizes and it’s good to go. With armor, to be thorough they would have to test each armor piece with each adjacent armor piece that could clip. Every new armor set increases the mix testing set by more tests than the previous set did. Of course if ANet and the players stop giving a kitten about clipping issues it would make their life so much easier.

And since outfits sell and cost no charges to switch between them or in and out of them to and from your armor, it feels more convenient especially while leveling when your armor is all hodgepodge.

RIP City of Heroes

Outfits versus Armor

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

It’s easier. No need to be concern about horrible clipping caused by mixing pieces from armor sets. They only need to hang them on each race’s animation rig, test them at a few preset sizes and it’s good to go. With armor, to be thorough they would have to test each armor piece with each adjacent armor piece that could clip. Every new armor set increases the mix testing set by more tests than the previous set did. Of course if ANet and the players stop giving a kitten about clipping issues it would make their life so much easier.

And yet most outfits clip horribly. With long hair, with tails, with ears, with horns… And the problem with outfits is, that I might be able to turn off the head piece, the shoulder piece cannot be turned off (the thing that clips the most with hair), or the coat piece (the thing that clips most with tails).

Outfits versus Armor

Behellagh.1468

I’m talking about armor pieces clipping each other, certainly not the hair. Especially since hair and hat/helms are mutually exclusive.

RIP City of Heroes