Outfits vs Armor sets

Outfits vs Armor sets

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Curby.4897

Curby.4897

Simple question, I like the new outfit however why is Anet taking the outfit approach vs armor kits like they use to.

Outfits vs Armor sets

Posted by: Tenrai Senshi.2017

Tenrai Senshi.2017

This is a recurring, often discussed topic. You’ll get answers like “because outfits are cheaper/faster to make” or “they can do things with outfits they can’t do with armor” or “outfits sell better”.

Whether you accept those answers is another matter.

Outfits vs Armor sets

Posted by: EKAN.4051

EKAN.4051

This is a recurring, often discussed topic. You’ll get answers like “because outfits are cheaper/faster to make” or “they can do things with outfits they can’t do with armor” or “outfits sell better”.

Anet saying that or the community? I’m one of those that never used an outfit becouse it kills the “unique look” or my own kinda “setup” sort of speech. Tho in theori I I think thats the answer why we get the outfits and not new “armor sets” must been years since last armor set in gemstore?

“Death is just another path”

Outfits vs Armor sets

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Anet saying that or the community? I’m one of those that never used an outfit becouse it kills the “unique look” or my own kinda “setup” sort of speech. Tho in theori I I think thats the answer why we get the outfits and not new “armor sets” must been years since last armor set in gemstore?

ArenaNet have said that outfits are easier to make, and that they can do things they can’t do with armour. It takes a longer time for them to make sure every piece fits with other armour pieces, so it doesn’t clip too much. In other words, too much work.

Outfits aren’t that interesting, in my opinion.

Outfits vs Armor sets

Posted by: July.5361

July.5361

I would have spent much more on armor if it wasn’t the outfits, I simply want to use just a part of it. I rarely see people running with outfits a week after their releases so I would argue how well they sell.

The whole in-game shop of GW2 is very lame and unoptimized. There are a lot of things I want to buy that are no longer offered, and I am not talking about the limited offers that are here just for a day. The dev’s focus in this game is something I struggle to understand for quite some time.

Outfits vs Armor sets

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

Anet also said that the tech behind outfits is more advanced, than with armor.
Easier to use and thus they can pump it out much quicker.

Basicaly armor tech is old and they don`t have the time and reccources to revamp it.

Outfits vs Armor sets

Posted by: July.5361

July.5361

So in short, they don’t have the time to create something that will bring money and they just create something faster and easier to pump trash content. In my opinion the shop is really bad, could have been much better monetarized.

Outfits vs Armor sets

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

So in short, they don’t have the time to create something that will bring money and they just create something faster and easier to pump trash content. In my opinion the shop is really bad, could have been much better monetarized.

Outfits bring in money too. One thing to take into consideration is how much additional cost would be spent making armor over costumes and whether the armor would generate enough additional revenue over costumes to offset that additional cost.

Outfits vs Armor sets

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Don’t forget, the playerbase asked (for a long time) that Armor Sets be removed from the Gem Store. ArenaNet acquiesced.

Outfits vs Armor sets

Posted by: Nurgle.6597

Nurgle.6597

I will never again buy an outfit, armor is just so much better. With an outfit if you’re using it then you look exactly like everyone else who has that outfit. Whit an armor you can mix it up and create a cool unique look.

Outfits vs Armor sets

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

Don’t forget, the playerbase asked (for a long time) that Armor Sets be removed from the Gem Store. ArenaNet acquiesced.

actually if i remember correctly we all asked for some in-game acquirable armours, because back then the only armours getting added were all gemstore armours.

Anet took the kitten literal approach and utterly stopped making gemstore armour
since then the number of armour sets getting added took a massive dive.

21 gemstore sets of armour were released were before outfits were added.
(clearly debunking the old “it takes 9 months to make an armour set!” nonsense.)

since the introduction of outfits in 2014, Anet have churned out around 35 of them…

promising to sell outfits, and make armour only available as ingame rewards.
that decision was the death of character customisation.

i will say one thing, whoever designed the Bladed armour set,
than man or lady needs a raise! fantastic set
more like that pls anet! or more ANYTHING! if its armour, i’m happy!

Outfits vs Armor sets

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

actually if i remember correctly we all asked for some in-game acquirable armours, because back then the only armours getting added were all gemstore armours.

Anet took the kitten literal approach and utterly stopped making gemstore armour

(clearly debunking the old “it takes 9 months to make an armour set!” nonsense.)

since the introduction of outfits in 2014, Anet have churned out around 35 of them…

People were asking for them to not be in the gen store too.

Outfits vs Armor sets

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

I like outfits and have six to choose from. What others wear doesn’t affect my choices, other than seeing an outfit dyed a certain way and inspiring me to try new color combos. But, I do get tired of them, since you can only modify them slightly (colors, helm/no helm).

Outfits are great for leveling a toon, since you don’t need to worry about what you find along the way and remember to dye it to match — the outfit covers it all. I’m to the point where I look at a new outfit and say, “Oh, that’s nice,” but have no inclination to buy it. If I get it from an Unlock, great.

So I’d much rather have armor pieces that I can mix and match into looks I find appealing. I’d be okay if the decision to not make armor for the gem shop was reversed and they started offering more choices for purchase.

Outfits vs Armor sets

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I personally don’t consider an outfit any more or less original than someone wearing a full set of one armor or a person who is wearing the whatever the current armor meta of the day is. While people come on the forums to bash outfits, they ignore all the copy cat armors and full set wearers when they say how unoriginal the outfits are and how wearers of outfits look like each other.

I like outfits myself. I don’t have all but I have a good number of them. The more ANet releases the more diversity you’ll see with outfits and the less people will look like each other when they wear one, as the possible outfit looks will be so many and spread out amongst the wearers. They have the advantage of allowing a quick change on a moments notice when I get tired of what that char is wearing. Switch out, dye, and off I go with a completely different look.

It’s all in what you like and I hope ANet continues to add plenty more outfits to the gemstore, as well as armors to the open world.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Outfits vs Armor sets

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

While people come on the forums to bash outfits, they ignore all the copy cat armors and full set wearers when they say how unoriginal the outfits are and how wearers of outfits look like each other.

there is no cure for a lack of imagination,
if people want to wear a whole set then that is an option,
however, atleast with those really awesome sets people who do have imagination can mix them with other really awesome armour sets and make a look that feels totally their own.

with outfits there is simply no option, you’re a clone,
if you have imagination you can colour yourself from a blue clone into a red clone.
you’re doomed to look like those folks you don’t like who unimaginatively wear a whole set, no matter how badly you want to flourish your creativity.

Outfits vs Armor sets

Just a flesh wound.3589

While people come on the forums to bash outfits, they ignore all the copy cat armors and full set wearers when they say how unoriginal the outfits are and how wearers of outfits look like each other.

there is no cure for a lack of imagination,
if people want to wear a whole set then that is an option,
however, atleast with those really awesome sets people who do have imagination can mix them with other really awesome armour sets and make a look that feels totally their own.

with outfits there is simply no option, you’re a clone,
if you have imagination you can colour yourself from a blue clone into a red clone.
you’re doomed to look like those folks you don’t like who unimaginatively wear a whole set, no matter how badly you want to flourish your creativity.

/yawn. I’ll keep that in mind.

It’s a video game with limited options and one of those options are outfits. It’s no more or less creative than the average person wearing blue jeans and a hoodie in real life.

ANet may give it to you.

Outfits vs Armor sets

Inculpatus cedo.9234

i will say one thing, whoever designed the Bladed armour set,
than man or lady needs a raise! fantastic set
more like that pls anet! or more ANYTHING! if its armour, i’m happy!

I believe the OP asked about Armor Sets vs. Outfits in the Gem Store. Discussing Armor Sets available in-game, or lack thereof, isn’t really germane to the question. It’s really a topic for another thread.

Good luck.

Outfits vs Armor sets

Posted by: Oldirtbeard.9834

Oldirtbeard.9834

I prefer outfits, no transmitting charges to worry about, clipping is minimal, and you can have a lot of variety/uniqueness through simple dyeing.

Outfits vs Armor sets

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

I prefer outfits, no transmitting charges to worry about, clipping is minimal, and you can have a lot of variety/uniqueness through simple dyeing.

No not really you look just the same just purple instead of blue or black.

Outfits vs Armor sets

Just a flesh wound.3589

I think one thing people miss is that outfits occupy a different niche than armor. Armor is for unique looks with mix and match and require a long term effort to acquire. It requires time spent in front of the wardrobe to figure out the best look for you and gems or time in game to acquire. Outfits are for a quick change to something that looks stylish or fits a festive theme but doesn’t require effort/time/gold/T-charges to put together.

I guess the best real life example I can think of off hand would be a 4 star restauraunt
as opposed to a drive through. 4 star restaurants are great. What they offer is exceptional. However people still go to drive throughs because there is a need for them. In the world there is a place for both the expensive and time consuming and the cheap and fast.

Not everyone always want to take the time and effort to get a brand new look. Sometimes they just want to throw something over their armor, dye it and go. In that case they’re not concerned that their outfits looks like someone else’s outfit. They aren’t going for unique. They are going for stylish, looks good and easily switched out for a fast, cheap price.

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Outfits vs Armor sets

Posted by: Frenchtoastersticks.8061

Frenchtoastersticks.8061

I personally don’t consider an outfit any more or less original than someone wearing a full set of one armor or a person who is wearing the whatever the current armor meta of the day is. While people come on the forums to bash outfits, they ignore all the copy cat armors and full set wearers when they say how unoriginal the outfits are and how wearers of outfits look like each other.

wow really? The people who are complaining about outfits are the ones who WANT to mix and match. we arent asking for armor sets so that we can just wear the whole thing. But you are right wearing a whole armor set is basically the same as an outfit,all the more reason to make armor sets. Anet loses customers by making outfits, they dont lose customers foe making armor. if someone will buy an outfit for the whole look, they will buy an armor set for the same reason. But few people who only wants the pants or gloves to wear with other pieces is buying the outfit

I think one thing people miss is that outfits occupy a different niche than armor. Armor is for unique looks with mix and match and require a long term effort to acquire. It requires time spent in front of the wardrobe to figure out the best look for you and gems or time in game to acquire. Outfits are for a quick change to something that looks stylish or fits a festive theme but doesn’t require effort/time/gold/T-charges to put together.

I guess the best real life example I can think of off hand would be a 4 star restauraunt
as opposed to a drive through. 4 star restaurants are great. What they offer is exceptional. However people still go to drive throughs because there is a need for them. In the world there is a place for both the expensive and time consuming and the cheap and fast.

yea outfits have a niche but thats not a reason to stop making armor sets. They each have a niche, they should be making both.

sure fast food has a need, but whoever said “lets nkt make nice restaurants anymore because some people need fast food sometimes”

theres nothing wrong with making some outfits, there IS something wrong with only making outfits.

Outfits vs Armor sets

Inculpatus cedo.9234

We can’t really tell how many customers might be lost by offering no armor (Outfits) for 9 months at a time. Or how many customers would be lost if all Armor Sets were offered in the Gem Store, instead of being acquired in-game. Or if Armor Sets were offered both in-game and in the Gem Store, how many customers would be lost because it would be 18 months between offerings (if the sets were offered alternately in-game and in-store).

Probably, the Marketing Team knows best, having access to metrics and such.

Outfits vs Armor sets

Just a flesh wound.3589

“yea outfits have a niche but thats not a reason to stop making armor sets. They each have a niche, they should be making both.”

And where have they said they’ve stopped making armor? No where. They are continuing to make armor, even if slowly. With these new maps and events they have added individual pieces, such as the backpacks, helms and aquabreathers. Not full sets, true, but they said new sets will be with new expansions. If you have problems with new sets with new expansions then that should be your focus, not gem store items.

If you have proof that ANet has lost players from them making outfits, please show us. Since outfits make them more money than armor, since they cost less to make, then the money from outfits is going towards paying their bills and towards making new content, which does attract and keep people.

One thing I think is that outfit dislikers underestimate the numbers of outfits sold. You might notice that they continue to make them. Companies don’t make items that don’t sell and if it’s selling well, they ramp up production. Just like outfits are being quickly made and sold now. Because they sell. And because they cost less to make than armor, the profit is higher.

ANet may give it to you.

Outfits vs Armor sets

Frenchtoastersticks.8061

I dont know where it was but I was told anet announced they would only be releasing gem store outfits now. But announcements or not you only have to look at the gem store to see how long it has been since one was released.

yes I know outfits sell. but armor sets would sell too and to both people who like and people who dont like outifts.

i love that they are releasing more pieces individually but theres no chests and leg pieces. and yes i would prefer more achievement skins and so on but what my issue is, is that they release a new outfit what feels like every 2 weeks (i dont check the time span) and not only are outfits less useful the more there are since you cant combine them, but it honestly feels like a slap in the face when those outfits could have been designed as sets (like how marjory’s clothing was made an outfit when kasmeer got a whole set) and gem store skins feel more likely to be the ones that dont fit the usual trends for each armor class (i cant check this right now, my example in mind is the medium krytan skin not being a trenchcoat).

i wasnt saying they lose players for not making armor sets. just saying that some people do not buy outfits because they are not armor sets but i have never heard someone not buy an armor set because its not an outfit (however that is possible, i know)

Outfits vs Armor sets

Just a flesh wound.3589

They said that they wouldn’t be making any more armor sets to sell in the gems store. They also said that armor is so expensive to make that it will be with expansions only.

People keep talking about outfits vs armor but armor isn’t coming back to the gemstore. The profit per item is greater for outfits and switching to selling gem store armor means it’s less profit per piece. Because it takes them so long to make armor any armor that’s made for the gemstore is one less set for a new expansion, which will be something else to make people mad.

ANet may give it to you.

Outfits vs Armor sets

Frenchtoastersticks.8061

People get to keep talking about outfits vs armor. they want armor and they are the customers. you can keep saying its too hard for anet to do or not worth it, and maybe right now its not, but that doesnt mean people continuing to talk about it wont convince anet to change something.

Outfits vs Armor sets

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Mike O’Brien has stated that a full armor set takes 9 months of time (assuming for a single person) and outfits take 1/10th that time.

Since armor sells for 800 gems while outfits sell for 700 gems, and gem sales are their primary source of income, paying off development time faster for a gem store item means sooner that sales of that item goes toward paying for all the other development.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

Outfits vs Armor sets

Just a flesh wound.3589

People get to keep talking about outfits vs armor. they want armor and they are the customers. you can keep saying its too hard for anet to do or not worth it, and maybe right now its not, but that doesnt mean people continuing to talk about it wont convince anet to change something.

Of course. Nothing wrong with that.

However people don’t seem to consider the economics of what sells and for how much profit when they discuss the matter. All they seem to talk about is that outfits lack individuality. The point I was making was that originality isn’t what people who use outfits are looking for and that the profit on outfits are far more than armor. Which means that asking for gemstore armor or more ingame armor without considering these points isn’t going to change ANet’s decisions.

ANet may give it to you.

Outfits vs Armor sets

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

I like outfits myself. I don’t have all but I have a good number of them. The more ANet releases the more diversity you’ll see with outfits and the less people will look like each other when they wear one, as the possible outfit looks will be so many and spread out amongst the wearers. They have the advantage of allowing a quick change on a moments notice when I get tired of what that char is wearing. Switch out, dye, and off I go with a completely different look.

It’s all in what you like and I hope ANet continues to add plenty more outfits to the gemstore, as well as armors to the open world.

I prefer to mix-and-match and have never purchased an outfit. And considering that GW2 is so “fashion wars” oriented, I’m surprised that Anet has taken this route even though it is easier for them. This game originally attracted players because of certain features that Anet has been setting aside over time. I guess they want a different set of players. It is clear that they are incapable of developing GW2 for both (based on their statements).

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Outfits vs Armor sets

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

However people don’t seem to consider the economics of what sells and for how much profit when they discuss the matter. All they seem to talk about is that outfits lack individuality. The point I was making was that originality isn’t what people who use outfits are looking for and that the profit on outfits are far more than armor. Which means that asking for gemstore armor or more ingame armor without considering these points isn’t going to change ANet’s decisions.

It isn’t the players’ job to consider cost and profit. If the player demands something it is Anet’s job to decide whether they want to find a way to give the players what they want or whether they won’t or can’t. There is no reason to curtail what we say in this regard.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Outfits vs Armor sets

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

It isn’t the players’ job to consider cost and profit. If the player demands something it is Anet’s job to decide whether they want to find a way to give the players what they want or whether they won’t or can’t. There is no reason to curtail what we say in this regard.

Read what you quoted again. No one is asking you to curtail what you say in any regard.

What Jafw is suggesting is that if your goal is to change ANet’s mind, you should want to consider the things important to ANet, including cost and profit.

Your enjoyment is personal; producing a game is a combination of artistic and business decisions. So it’s perfectly fine to say, “I want more mix & match armor, especially [fill in the blank].” It’s not sufficient to say, “ANet should just do what a lot of people want because a lot of people want it.” ANet has to consider what else they might do with those same resources and how much satisfaction various parts of the community might get.

It seems as if ANet dug themselves into a deep hole, by having put such attention to detail into armor, colors, animation (while still, while moving, and during combat) that there is no way to produce budget armor sets. As long as that’s true, I doubt very much if most of us will ever feel that we have enough options.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Outfits vs Armor sets

Just a flesh wound.3589

Did I argue that you can’t discuss it? No. I didn’t. What I was saying that only discussing one point (lack of originality) was ineffective because it’s not the most important consideration to ANet. However, if y’all want to only cover some points and never discuss the heart of the issue, finances, which is near and dear to any companies heart, then knock yourself out. just don’t expect ANet to consider an argument that doesn’t touch important issues a full argument.

ANet may give it to you.

Outfits vs Armor sets

Frenchtoastersticks.8061

its the players job to voice their opinions. its Anets job to find a way to work. I am aware of the economic standpoint, it doesnt make my opinion less valid. Yes right now its more cost effective to make outfits, but since when does that mean anet cant find another way to do it and make it worth it for them to make players happy. Saying ‘but consider the cost’ just gives them an excuse to ignore all of our opinions instead of trying to find a way to do it that helps us AND them in the long run.

How are we supposed to provide them with with points that cover their desires? Do you have a list somewhere that I dont have that details all their costs and sales? The only thing we can do is talk about what we want and why we want it and hope Anet thinks its important enough. Clogging up these conversations with “but the cost of it” doesnt really help either side.

Outfits vs Armor sets

Just a flesh wound.3589

its the players job to voice their opinions. its Anets job to find a way to work. I am aware of the economic standpoint, it doesnt make my opinion less valid. Yes right now its more cost effective to make outfits, but since when does that mean anet cant find another way to do it and make it worth it for them to make players happy. Saying ‘but consider the cost’ just gives them an excuse to ignore all of our opinions instead of trying to find a way to do it that helps us AND them in the long run.

How are we supposed to provide them with with points that cover their desires? Do you have a list somewhere that I dont have that details all their costs and sales? The only thing we can do is talk about what we want and why we want it and hope Anet thinks its important enough. Clogging up these conversations with “but the cost of it” doesnt really help either side.

Any argument that ignores the other side’s concerns and limitations is an argument where those people end up talking to themselves and not getting what they want. But knock yourself out with only saying “I want” and never considering what the other side needs or wants to make what you wish happen. Heaven forbid that the discussion should be “clogged up” by considering that the other side has needs too.

ANet may give it to you.

Outfits vs Armor sets

Frenchtoastersticks.8061

Any argument that ignores the other side’s concerns and limitations is an argument where those people end up talking to themselves and not getting what they want. But knock yourself out with only saying “I want” and never considering what the other side needs or wants to make what you wish happen.

How exactly am I supposed to consider their concerns? I dont have their sale statistics, or a list of employees and what they can do, or a list of what they are currently busy with. All I have is a quote about how long each one takes. I dont know why it takes that long. How can I be expected to sit here and provide suggestions for how they can make armor more efficiently if I dont know what they are working with.

Outfits vs Armor sets

Posted by: Shivan.9438

Shivan.9438

I’d like to see Anet spend time on making armor sets, but make it a long term project. Do it right and test it on every racial model and gender and size to make sure there’s no clipping or bugs what-so-ever. Even if it takes 6 months to make 1 armor set. Little bit of time here, little bit of time there. Make it good. I’m willing to wait for that. And people that start begging for it, tell them shut up and wait, because it needs to be done right.

Outfits vs Armor sets

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

I’d like to see Anet spend time on making armor sets, but make it a long term project. Do it right and test it on every racial model and gender and size to make sure there’s no clipping or bugs what-so-ever. Even if it takes 6 months to make 1 armor set. Little bit of time here, little bit of time there. Make it good. I’m willing to wait for that. And people that start begging for it, tell them shut up and wait, because it needs to be done right.

Like I mentioned in the other same-topic thread, I think Anet should start some damage control with their work bloat. Posters have speculated, time and time again, why it’d take Anet so long to produce quality armor and as much as players want more and more armor sets made and acknowledge the effort and resources that may be required, but rarely do you ever hear posters discussing compromises, work-arounds, sacrifices, ANYTHING to slash at the workload of making armors in general.

While I can agree to giving Anet patience while they work on implementing good quality armor sets, the fact is doing that isn’t going to pay the bills! Some solutions I’d consider and would enjoy discussing rather than rehashing the same arguments over and over:

1. The Outfit Solution: Basically abandon armor completely (or mostly) and just implement tons of outfit variety. Also, work on improving the feature by allowing the player to choose to hide the gloves/shoulders along with the helmet and perhaps allow armor gloves/helm show through, if the proper solution can be found. They can have samurai looks, they already have ninja, perhaps a nurse look, a vampire look, just go ham and make a lot of variety! With a small layer of customization in hiding gloves/shoulders, you can do a lot more than you think with an outfit.

2. Piece-wise Armor: Rather than focusing on whole armor sets (personally think we have enough), just create armor pieces. I’m sure many already feel that legs/body is a part of the armor that lacks in variety (I find myself using only a select few for most of my characters) so rather than needing to make a whole set, just release a cool looking caped blouse or tattooed chest or simple shorts or a speedo. In CoH, there were costume theme sets, but MAANY stand-alone pieces that weren’t part of a set. Needing to make whole armor sets as a whole theme is what is slowing down the process of adding cool stuff.

3. Weightless Armor: No more light, medium or heavy. Rather than creating a concept that you then have to divide into “mage”, “rouge” and “soldier” or developing an armor concept that you then have to recreate in 2 extra variants is a huge extra time expenditure. If you have a concept for a set of clothes, you would only need to then export it to every race and then every class can use it. No extra effort required to strike a parity between the classes and it cuts necessary work by 2/3.

4. Racial Gear: It’s already been done, and while it doesn’t cut down the necessary workload of creating the gear, it can be a shortcut in resolving clipping issues if you only have to fit armor for a specific race/gender rather than all 5. Simply produce more equipment with racial/gender limits rather than being forced to re-purpose or stretch textures on foreign models. This solution may not produce equivalent armor choices faster, but it could greatly improve armor quality.

Outfits vs Armor sets

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

I would love to see armor sold piecemeal. I dont even mind the concept of outfits. My primary concern, the one keeping me from collecting newer armor or buying outfits, is that I cannot honestly say that I like much of what weve seen released post launch. I find nearly all of it to be unappealing. Sigh, so many “trenchcoats.”

Outfits vs Armor sets

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

I would love to see armor sold piecemeal. I dont even mind the concept of outfits. My primary concern, the one keeping me from collecting newer armor or buying outfits, is that I cannot honestly say that I like much of what weve seen released post launch. I find nearly all of it to be unappealing. Sigh, so many “trenchcoats.”

You know a piece of armor that I’d buy in a heartbeat or hunt (also read: lament at the grind) endlessly until I could obtain it for my wardrobe and likely would be a cool popular piece for many? Bandaged chest piece. Sort of like the tier 3 Charr heavy armor but less mummy-wraps and just more a lightly wrapped piece with ample torso showing. The females’ chest would be bound look a smaller while wearing it. I’d hate such a piece because I’d likely wear it on every “skimpy” character I play.

That and a nurse hat/medical eye patch could work well for a mad doctor-esque Necromancer.

Outfits vs Armor sets

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Now they have made and sold individual pieces, buy it and get all three weights. They tend to be limited to head, shoulders, gloves and boots.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes