Outgoing Healing Definition

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

I was just told something from someone that confused me. I’d always thought Outgoing Healing meant healing I was doing on others. But I just had a discussion where someone just told me Outgoing Healing meant any healing I personally generated, even if it just effected me. I disagreed.

I checked the wiki, but I didn’t find a clarification. It SEEMED self-defining to me, but now I’m not so sure. So… which is it?

Thanks in advance!

Posted by: DGraves.3720

DGraves.3720

You are right. …

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

You are right. …

I thought so. YAY!

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

You are right. …

Incorrect. “Outgoing healing” only applies to allies. If it applied to yourself, then it wouldnt be labeled OUTgoing healing.

edit: think about it too, if it truly affected ALL healing you did, wouldnt it say “increases effectiveness of all healing”?

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

You are right. …

Incorrect. “Outgoing healing” only applies to allies. If it applied to yourself, then it wouldnt be labeled OUTgoing healing.

edit: think about it too, if it truly affected ALL healing you did, wouldnt it say “increases effectiveness of all healing”?

So what is the difference between “others” and “allies”? O_o

DGraves.3720

You are right. …

“I’d always thought Outgoing Healing meant healing I was doing on others”

^ Yes. He is correct.

Posted by: Nyta.4769

Nyta.4769

You are right. …

So you tell him he’s wrong, then immediately tell him he’s right. lol . . .

Anyway, tested it on my ranger since I had some rice balls. The amount he healed to himself after eating them was 108 more than before he ate one, which is roughly what it should be with the +100 healing from the food but much lower (by several hundred) than what it should be if the +10% outgoing healing affected it. Didn’t heal myself to max during any of those tests, so the numbers should be pretty accurate. So yeah, what everyone else said. Outgoing doesn’t affect healing done to yourself.

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

It’s to allies….

You can confirm this yourself in PvP by looking at the stats “Healing to Allies” and “healing to Self” after a match.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

You are right. …

“I’d always thought Outgoing Healing meant healing I was doing on others”

^ Yes. He is correct.

Next time you should probably elaborate more on what you’re saying “you are correct” about.

DGraves.3720

Next time you should probably elaborate more on what you’re saying “you are correct” about.

He understood. Everyone else understood.
You didn’t.

This is not a communication error.
This is an interpretation error.