Outrageous cost of Passiflora jewelry

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Revik.5870

Revik.5870

Soooo, what’s with the new jewelry prefix (jewelry version of apothecary’s) being 4-5 times as expensive as any other piece of exotic jewelry?

Seriously, the drop rates on Passion Flowers need to be brought up from zero to the same drop rates all the other top tier crafting materials are. It takes 75 passion flowers to make one piece of exotic Passiflora jewelry and they’re going for over 14 silver each on the trading post. It doesn’t help that there’s absolutely no reason to play in the new Southsun Cove map. No events, no drops.

The materials don’t exist in the game and they’re getting more and more scarce as time goes by. The cost is skyrocketing.

Please fix this.

Revik.5870

Anyone having a different experience with the drop rates of Passion Flowers? I haven’t met anyone that’s seen more than one or two of these things, even after harvesting hundreds of the flora in Southsun.

Posted by: Pochibella.8394

Pochibella.8394

I have never seen a single one out of all the harvesting I have done. Not one.

Posted by: Counciler.7438

Counciler.7438

I didn’t even know there was a Passion Flower. I thought they only dropped fruits.

I’ve been harvesting tons of fruits too. o.O

Posted by: Avatar.1923

every new shinny is expensive.

time will drive the cost lower.

or higher if more bots join the game to devaluate money.

or if anet decicde to change the drop rate / amount on TP.

i honestly wouldnt suggest any sane person to take an mmo economy seriously

Posted by: StormcrowX.9236

StormcrowX.9236

I didn’t know passion flowers existed either. I simply assumed those nodes were worthless and didn’t bother with them.

You are not one of their “most dedicated players”. Don’t worry, neither am I apparently.
-NaughtyProwler.8653

Posted by: Nurse.1085

Nurse.1085

Time won’t make these stats less expensive. Adjusting the drop rate of the ingredients will. Right now, it’s hell just to obtain the mats.

The accessory on the AH is 15g. FIFTEEN GOLD! The rest are around 10 to 12 gold a piece. That’s crazy.

right now these flowers are mostly only available on the gem shop.

its a paid shinny.
get it if you really want, otherwise get another kind of shinny.
doesnt matter really.

Posted by: Unspecified.9142

Unspecified.9142

right now these flowers are mostly only available on the gem shop.

its a paid shinny.
get it if you really want, otherwise get another kind of shinny.
doesnt matter really.

Actually the Consortium Chests disappeared yesterday (or the day before?). That’s likely part (or all) of why the price spiked.

Posted by: TabMorte.5297

TabMorte.5297

Passion Flowers are insanely hard to find. I harvest Southern Coast regularly and I get maybe 1 every 2 – 3 days so if I make some jewelry with them you’re right sure I’m going to charge a lot for them.

Golemancy 101: total and complete catastrophic
failure is still a monumental success, assuming
losses remain within acceptable parameters.

exactly, and along the next updates anet will adjust the drop rate to compensate for the end of gem shop and youll be able to harvest some more.

its a controlled game, after all.

Posted by: han.9042

han.9042

Ok, I’m stupid. I destroyed one when my bags were full. Didn’t think much about it

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

Given how horribly the healing stat plays, these aren’t worth it at all.

Unspecified.9142

It’s also worth considering what it actually takes to make one of these trinkets.

75 Passion Flowers
5 Ectos
14 orichalcum ingots (for earrings and rings, 16 for necks)

At pre-spike prices that is: (75 × 9) + (5 × 32) + (14 × 4.3) = 8.95 gold

If you assume people buy the mats off the TP and want to actually make a profit you have to add 15%: 8.95 × 1.15 = 10.295 gold

At the current rate of 15 silver per Passion Flower it’s: [(75 × 15) + (5 × 32) + (14 × 4.3)] x 1.15 = 15.4698 gold for someone to break even on an earring or ring.

Edit: This isn’t to say there isn’t a problem (I’m kind of neutral on it because the stat combo is very useful for certain classes/builds). Just pointing out that 15 gold for the trinket is actually reasonable given the mat prices.

Posted by: arcaneclarity.5283

arcaneclarity.5283

The number of passion flowers it takes and how rare they are is just stupid.

Unspecified.9142

Well, so much for 15 silver a piece. It spiked to 30 silver a piece apparently… :-/

Edit: gwspidy.com is apparently a bit behind, it’s 38.9 silver for the cheapest Passion Flower.

(edited by Unspecified.9142)

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

Do people actually buy this? >_>

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Posted by: yurtshone.7325

yurtshone.7325

“we don’t make grindy games”

Posted by: AcidicVision.5498

AcidicVision.5498

Which part of the game is unavailable to you or how is your progress blocked by not having an amulet with an unpopular set of stats?

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

Posted by: beren.6048

beren.6048

Top gear is always expensive. Many people also don’t know that it gives (I didn’t know either) passion flower and so no one goes and farm them. Also, many people are stuck in the fractals reducing even more the farmer population. The area was pretty much empty yesterday.

Posted by: beren.6048

beren.6048

Which part of the game is unavailable to you or how is your progress blocked by not having an amulet with an unpopular set of stats?

This. If it is only exotic then make one of the more easy to make exotic jewelry.

Revik.5870

Agreed. they simply need to increase the rate of Passion Flower drops to bring the cost in line with the other top tier rare materials. As it stands, the exotic gear market is decidedly anti-healer.

Here’s to hoping a change is in the works already.

Unspecified.9142

I’ve been watching this more out of idle curiosity than anything (I’m not so good at the speculating thing). One thing I’ve noticed is that people are not doing their math. There is very often Exquisite Passion Flowers and/or the Passiflora jewelry sitting there for a day or more at a much cheaper price than buying Passion Flowers (especially after you factor in the ectos and ori required).

Right now Passion Flowers are 32 silver a piece. 15 × 32 = 4.8 gold. There’s Exquisite Passion Flowers for less than 4 gold (which require an ecto and 2 ori ingots as well).

4.8 × 5 = 24 gold. There’s jewelry up for less than that and again that ignores the extra ori needed to finish the crafting.

Still seems really expensive, but just pointing out that sometimes it’s best to look at all the levels of a crafted item because there can be lag in prices rising if the raw material spikes.

Posted by: TehRic.8714

TehRic.8714

The real problem is this:

The sole reason that the Passiflora Orichalcum Jewelry is so freaking expensive is because, unlike all the other recipes, which require 5 fine craft materials (aka ancient bones, powerful blood, etc.), you need 75 of the particular fine craft material (the passion flower, in this case).

The simple way to fix this entire conflict is for Arena.net to recognize this error and make it so you need 5 passion flowers instead of 75. It’s as simple as that.

Edit: Yes, I’m aware that the compared examples are not applicable to Jewelcrafting, but given that the majority of the trades rely on utilizing the 5 of these rare materials to yield an exotic level 80 item, and that the Passiflora items are different from the usual Orb-based trinkets, I’d like to think that my idea is the most accurate regarding the problem, here. If you were to imagine the requirement trimmed down to 5 passion flowers vs. 75, you’ll realize that the price of those Passiflora Orichalcum trinkets would drop to (roughly) the same range of all the other trinkets.

(edited by TehRic.8714)

Posted by: Hologramx.6402

Hologramx.6402

I think it is a bug. I have over 200 passion fruits but only one flower.
One thing I am disappointed with them is, they were fixing bugs so quickly before and right after release that I thought I have finally found a really great MMO developer who can respond quick. But sadly that ANet seems to have vanished into the air after that first week. Wondering did they lose some core staffs who knows and fixes things really fast …

Posted by: Eirik.9145

Eirik.9145

The drop rates of the flowers and karka shells as well is ridiculously low considering how many are needed to craft things. I have gotten well over 1k passion fruit and I have gotten 6 flowers and during that time killing lots of karka I’ve gotten just over 30 shells, or enough to make 1 piece of apothecary exotic gear.

With higher level mat drop rates the way they are, Anet is making crafting high level stuff prohibitively expensive, in both time and currency, to do. And since crafting seems to be only really viable at high levels, it’s like they are taking it out of the game altogether.

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

In all my gameplay in that map, I did get 1 already (hay!).

It’s Anet again with “we don’t want you to grind”… as the biggest lie ever said and repeated since years ago, till launch when people started to see how the game requires alot of grind at endgame. ^^

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.