Over a year later, and GW2 is...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

I’m glad you’re happy, but I think the exact opposite.

…absolutely boring

Yet you are your ilk still persist on being involved with a game that you apparently can’t stand.

It’s the equivalent of watch a popular TV series every week and then go up onto their fan sites to tell them how bad it is every week.

People thought they were buying what it was advertised as, it’s only natural they voice their displeasure.

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

You are not being forced to learn to play a musical instrument or being force to play a youth sport that you have no interest in learning or playing.

You bought a product. You don’t like it. You state your opinion to the manufacturer why you don’t like it. They don’t address your concerns. You chalk it up to a bad buying decision and you move on.

You don’t set up camp and a soap box on their property and restate your objections over and over and over again for the rest of the product’s lifespan. We get it, you don’t like it for reasons XYZ.

If this was a subscription based MMO then you would have to keep paying to hang around protesting but since it’s a buy to play game you get the linger here forever and frankly after a year it’s getting old.

The only hope we have against you types is when ESO, Black Desert or whatever new MMO you choose comes out is that when it disappoints your echo chambered, self deluded expectations that you will then glom onto their forum and we can have relative peace and quiet with players that are willing to provide constructive criticism rather than a list of nonnegotiable demands.

This so much. I actually checked and most of them have over 7.5k AP achievement points.

So much for terrible boring game.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Posted by: Trajan.4953

Trajan.4953

I really don’t understand people. I have been playing MMOs since UO first came out and it’s been the same thing in every public forum. Nothing but complaining. If you are not happy then go away. The OP was trying to voice his appreciation for a game and dev team that he enjoys.

Personally, I am still enjoying this game. I love the fact that there are content updates so frequently, even when it is content I am not fond of, such as SAB. Is it perfect? No, but then nothing is ever perfect. However, after a year I am still playing with only two of the character classes in this game not at max level, each fully decked out in at least exotic, and 1 with full ascended. I like the direction the game is going and I do not see me leaving this game anytime soon.

To the OP: I commend you on voicing your appreciation to a team that mostly only hears negativity for trying to create some enjoyment in the world. I am right there with you!

There is an old saying; “You will catch more flies with honey then you will with vinegar.” Some of you may want to think on that.

Well said!

To those others who continue to say they are just “Sticking around because they hope the game will change” are kind of, well delusional. A-Net has stated where they are going and have not bowed to the endless whining ever… at all.

I love this game and support it and it’s direction 100%. If a patch comes out that I have no interest in (SAB) I simply don’t do it and go about my day. If new armors, weapons, rings etc etc etc come out that are slightly better but in no way actually affect my gameplay then I simply ignore it and go about my day, knowing eventually I will get enough Laurels, tokens, shards or w/e to accumulate them. If there is a bug that needs fixing I will be sad but I do understand that a company is always going to put new content over bug fixes all the time, and I go about my day.

I understand that folks are passionate about their games but seriously? Some of you are so bent out of shape…

CCCP….

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

…absolutely boring

Yet you are your ilk still persist on being involved with a game that you apparently can’t stand.

It’s the equivalent of watch a popular TV series every week and then go up onto their fan sites to tell them how bad it is every week.

People thought they were buying what it was advertised as, it’s only natural they voice their displeasure.

Yes, they’ve had a year to voice their displeasure. At what point do you stop beating a dead horse. It’s a fine paste soaked into the soil by now.

Yes, it wasn’t what you thought you were buying. Yes, the devs interpreted the manifesto one way while you, ignoring the near immediate clarifications, interpreted it as something else. Yes what the devs thought were the best parts of GW1 to include into GW2 weren’t the parts you thought were the best parts of GW1.

We get it but this is the product they sold and we bought. They can’t radically alter it at this point. Complain about how this wasn’t the game you thought they promised. Complain how they aren’t listening to your sage council to fix the game when many players seem perfectly content with what they got. It’s never going to become the game you thought they were promising.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Trajan.4953

I really don’t understand people. I have been playing MMOs since UO first came out and it’s been the same thing in every public forum. Nothing but complaining. If you are not happy then go away. The OP was trying to voice his appreciation for a game and dev team that he enjoys.

Personally, I am still enjoying this game. I love the fact that there are content updates so frequently, even when it is content I am not fond of, such as SAB. Is it perfect? No, but then nothing is ever perfect. However, after a year I am still playing with only two of the character classes in this game not at max level, each fully decked out in at least exotic, and 1 with full ascended. I like the direction the game is going and I do not see me leaving this game anytime soon.

To the OP: I commend you on voicing your appreciation to a team that mostly only hears negativity for trying to create some enjoyment in the world. I am right there with you!

There is an old saying; “You will catch more flies with honey then you will with vinegar.” Some of you may want to think on that.

You, like all the white knights here, miss the actual problem.

The people who, like myself, voice their dislike for the game do it because of the time and money we’ve invested into the game itself. We were told “everything we like” about a game will be present, and in reality, it’s a kittenty kittening excuse for a game. It’s a bunch of children and old people who grind out APs for small rewards that, in the long run, mean nothing. There’s no incentive to do it other than that small box you get in the middle right hand corner with some kitten that’s purely there to keep people coming back every day. That’s not fun. Neither is tryharding my kitten off for mats to get to the next level of teir. And before you say “luls you don’t need it to do anything in the game l2p”, how long will it last? Really. Tell me how long before people in LFG will look for people only in full Ascended to get the fastest run possible without a hitch.

Tell me what kind of armour polish you use, if you don’t mind. I’d like to buy some so I can, for a day, act out of your shoes when regarding this game. I want to see what enjoyment is received from defending this game and all of it’s short comings with all of my might.

Wow… just… wow

CCCP….

Posted by: Teege.4623

Teege.4623

Yes, they’ve had a year to voice their displeasure. At what point do you stop beating a dead horse.

Since the company will never have the game they advertised or envisioned, I’d say never. People have had a year to listen to folks voice their displeasure. At what point do people complaining about the complainers stop beating that dead horse?

“We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2.” -Colin Johanson
Don’t support the Gem Shop, it’s that easy.

Trajan.4953

Yes, they’ve had a year to voice their displeasure. At what point do you stop beating a dead horse.

Since the company will never have the game they advertised or envisioned, I’d say never. People have had a year to listen to folks voice their displeasure. At what point do people complaining about the complainers stop beating that dead horse?

I would disagree, I think the game is brilliant. Just my opinion of course, however I am not one of those that dislikes the game and comes here to endlessly complain and try and derail all threads with their own personal agendas.

CCCP….

Posted by: Teege.4623

Teege.4623

I would disagree, I think the game is brilliant. Just my opinion of course, however I am not one of those that dislikes the game and comes here to endlessly complain and try and derail all threads with their own personal agendas.

Glad to hear. We know nobody who likes the game would actually do that!

“We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2.” -Colin Johanson
Don’t support the Gem Shop, it’s that easy.

Posted by: Astraea.6075

Astraea.6075

Even accepting that some people may have been convinced by the marketing that this game was going to be their style of game when the reality is different, ANet has been very generous with granting refunds.

Voicing displeasure over a bad purchase is one thing, but a lot of the negativity on the forums is more than simple buyer’s remorse/anger.

Posted by: Konrad Curze.5130

Konrad Curze.5130

… a clusterkitten

Posted by: stormdragon.4932

stormdragon.4932

I always am suspicious of Blue skies posts like these…they smell corporate backed spin.

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

It is over a year later and I still enjoy GW2 very much.
I think it is very easy to forget just how good we have it.

There have been some developments I don’t like but I can largely ignore it and it doesn’t affect my game-play.

Mostly GW2 is still the best game for how I want to play, I like the fact that I have options on how I get to spend my time, I like that if I don’t have time to log in- I don’t even have to think about it.

The passion of Anet for their game is very apparent to me, and I like the fact that they are willing to try different things and that everything is not just stuck in stone.

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: iniside.4736

iniside.4736

Well said!

To those others who continue to say they are just “Sticking around because they hope the game will change” are kind of, well delusional. A-Net has stated where they are going and have not bowed to the endless whining ever… at all.

I love this game and support it and it’s direction 100%. If a patch comes out that I have no interest in (SAB) I simply don’t do it and go about my day. If new armors, weapons, rings etc etc etc come out that are slightly better but in no way actually affect my gameplay then I simply ignore it and go about my day, knowing eventually I will get enough Laurels, tokens, shards or w/e to accumulate them. If there is a bug that needs fixing I will be sad but I do understand that a company is always going to put new content over bug fixes all the time, and I go about my day.

I understand that folks are passionate about their games but seriously? Some of you are so bent out of shape…

They bowed once. Introduction of ascended items. But to say on their defense they at least admitted it was mistake.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I always am suspicious of Blue skies posts like these…they smell corporate backed spin.

I’m suspicious of negative posts about the game, they smell like competitors trying to tarnish the game’s reputation.

See how easy that is?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I still play and enjoy the game. Frankly, there are some changes I’ve been against, but that’s always been the case in any MMO. Stuff changes and some you’ll like and some you won’t.

Like the living story..that I like. The ascended weapons…not so much. I don’t like the skins, I don’t like the grind (and I won’t grind…so it’ll be a long time till I get another one).

In the end, any MMO is what you make of it. If you don’t like this one, that’s cool. If you don’t like it and you’re going to beat it into the ground for ten months after ascended items first came out…well…have you ever heard the enough already law?

The more you run over a dead cat…the flatter it gets.

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

Oh wow.

Nope. You aint posting no positive counts on these forums! He said the game’s good boys, sic ’em!

Posted by: champ.7021

champ.7021

Oh wow.

Nope. You aint posting no positive counts on these forums! He said the game’s good boys, sic ’em!

pretty much

Posted by: playandchill.3908

playandchill.3908

…one of the biggest fail in the pvp gaming history.

[LANI] Multi glad pewpew

QUIT- RETIRED

Posted by: Copenhagen.7015

Copenhagen.7015

I’ve enjoyed GW2 since launch, but recently have become bored with current content.

I can’t grind out dungeons for the umpteenth time.
I’m burned out on gathering resources for ascended weapons and gold.
I see no point in leveling my fractals. I feel we should have more fractals by now.
I’m about 100g from crafting my 2nd legendary, and I could care less.
Most people have resorted to champ farming all day. This is what GW2 has become?
PvP was fun for a while but there is no prestige. PvP needs a lot of work.
WvW is not for me. I burned out on WvW a month into the game.

I enjoyed the gauntlet, and I enjoyed Tequatl for a bit, but right now there is nothing I have interest in. I have 5 80s and can’t stomach leveling another right now. I guess its a good time for a break. Sadly I can’t find another game to be interested in for the time being.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

I can’t honestly say that I share your view of the game, but I am glad that you are enjoying yourself OP.

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

A-Net has stated where they are going and have not bowed to the endless whining ever… at all.

Ah. So, the most dedicated players did not assail the forums crying out for more carrots to chase, which, as has been often alleged, is what brought about the introduction of ascended gear. I didn’t think so. I was here, and I feel that surely I would have noticed such a thing. Thanks for the confirmation.

The table is a fable.

Posted by: MikaHR.1978

MikaHR.1978

Colin Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

They found out over a year ago it was not what they where expecting. Not yesterday, not last week.
sick people really.

…absolutely boring

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

@OP yes there is a lot to enjoy about the game.

Posted by: Lonesamurai.4852

Lonesamurai.4852

…absolutely boring

Just because we don’t like the current direction, doesn’t mean we’re not fans anymore and hope things will change to make us love it again

Owner and GW2 DJ, Sanitarium.FM
Guild Leader – Wolf Pack Samurai
Owner and admin, The Guild-Hall2.net

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

It’s a petty excuse to say you keep trolling the forums because you want to change the game.
Trust me, not a single person will every buy that story.
You perfectly know a vocal minority won’t convince Anet to change the game upside down, you just want to troll for the sake of it.

If you really wanted to change things, you’d come up with a problem in a constructive manner (totally unlike the childish manners used in this thread and forum in general), possibly make a petition to harvest consent and then show it to Anet.
And if you can’t convince the majority to agree with your change you’d shut up on the topic because it’s not what the players want.

Making random snide remarks is not changing the game, it’s the equivalent of kittenposting on /b/.

(edited by Red Falcon.8257)

Posted by: Eremus.4506

Eremus.4506

Like some said, it’s good for you that you’re happy, but I am pretty much done with the game
The condition problem is a very big concern for me. Ascended gear is a time consuming, alt-unfriendly design. The achievement-type patches also couldn’t catch me…

All in all I just check here for changes that could bring me back. Even this I would not do IF I HAD AN ALTERNATIVE right now.

Cheers,

Sven

Posted by: Delta Blues.8507

Delta Blues.8507

You are not being forced to learn to play a musical instrument or being force to play a youth sport that you have no interest in learning or playing.

You bought a product. You don’t like it. You state your opinion to the manufacturer why you don’t like it. They don’t address your concerns. You chalk it up to a bad buying decision and you move on.

You don’t set up camp and a soap box on their property and restate your objections over and over and over again for the rest of the product’s lifespan. We get it, you don’t like it for reasons XYZ.

If this was a subscription based MMO then you would have to keep paying to hang around protesting but since it’s a buy to play game you get the linger here forever and frankly after a year it’s getting old.

The only hope we have against you types is when ESO, Black Desert or whatever new MMO you choose comes out is that when it disappoints your echo chambered, self deluded expectations that you will then glom onto their forum and we can have relative peace and quiet with players that are willing to provide constructive criticism rather than a list of nonnegotiable demands.

This exactly.

Constructive criticism run out its course months ago after hundreds of suggestions and not a single response.
Btw a lot of the people who complain (me included) are not interested in grindy mmo, this is why we are still here hoping that something will change in the future.
I doubt you’ll see us definitelly disappear when the next wow clone will be out.
On the contrary (imo), when those games will be launched, gw2 will lose a lot of players, but most of us will be not between them.

It’s not constructive to ask them to abandon their game design for another game design.

It’s actually quite funny how you don’t see how ironic your statement is

Posted by: brandon.6735

brandon.6735

For me the true fans of any game are the one who post constructive criticism for the game. They are the ones that want the game to improve and get better.

Guardianhipster
Thiefhipster

Posted by: Jamin.6528

Jamin.6528

While GW2 still has a lot of flaws that could be improved, I am still very happy with the overall experience that it has provided me with. Don’t let the negative nancies get to you.

Lucromia Mukroc – Necromancer
Leader of The Hardcore Caravan [HC] – Blackgate
http://thehardcorecaravan.shivtr.com/

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

One year later GW2 is: farming fest/champion run/dress up your character
When the living story content lacks depth (like this week) and WvW is so unbalanced 2 of the teams gave up (like this week) there is literally nothing to do in this game except repeat the same stuff over and over for gold.

It needs a REAL expansion.

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

…absolutely fantastic. The amount of dedication, passion and soul put into this game (let me complete this for you)

Ended last year after release and sell revenues.-

All the rest implemented was in the vast majority cotton candy for the teenage eye (lol fairy wings), more grind, treadmill and gemstore cosmetics.

Nothing really new was added (they just fixed/balanced/improved some content) to the game except for a dead beach map with alien monsters that doesn’t that almost everyone hates.

Judging by the new art (biggest asset the game had at launch to lure people in) implemented since launch, this game has a counter on its head.

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

One year later GW2 is: farming fest/champion run/dress up your character
When the living story content lacks depth (like this week) and WvW is so unbalanced 2 of the teams gave up (like this week) there is literally nothing to do in this game except repeat the same stuff over and over for gold.

It needs a REAL expansion.

I remain astounded by the people who somehow think an expansion is the cure to what they think ails this game.

You hate this game so much… that you’re willing to drop $50 on more of what you don’t like. Makes sense.

(edited by chemiclord.3978)

Posted by: Paponzi.1637

Paponzi.1637

Always the same names saying the same stuff. I’m with you OP.