Overabundance of Dragonites

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Q:

With all the World Events and Dry Top chest farming, I’ve discovered that there seems to be a bit too much Dragonites in the game. At this point, my Dragonites outpace my Bloodstone drops. So that begs the question: Should Anet come up with more ways to utilize excess Ascended mats like Dragonites? I would love to be able to trade 3 Dragonite ores for 1 Emryreal fragment. Throw in some coin and Karma costs, and you have another effective sink in the game.

Anyone else have the same problems as I?

Attachments:

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: bradldz.3728

bradldz.3728

Basically there is too much of all 3 of those mats, bloodstone, dragonite and empyreal. I wish anet considered this more when they made mawdrey 2, it was already suggested at the time for it to be able to consume all 3 mats but the thread got burried really fast, not sure if Anet really noticed. I get around equal amounts of all 3 from my playstyle, with slightly more bloodstone, and having to still delete the other 2 mats is just annoying.

Posted by: Nash.2681

Nash.2681

Had this topic here a few months already. Yes, there are more people like you swimming in tons of dragonite, aswell as people having more of one or two of the other three ingredients than they can ever put to good use.
For example- I really hate zerg content, farming and I’m not much into WvW either. But I do like small scale party content, so I do quite a lot of dungeons and fractals. So I end up with stacks and stacks of bloodstone dust and fragments, but I’m always short on dragonite.

Also people already suggested somekind of trade system for those three ascended mats (e.g. as you suggested aswell- make them changeable in a ratio somewhere between 1:3 and 1:10), unfortunatly nothing alike got implented so far

XMG U716 (i7 6700, 16GB DDR4@2133Mhz, GTX980m, Samsung 850Evo 250 GB, Seagate SSHD 500GB)

Leader of “Servants of Balance” [SoB], a small guild endemic to the FSP.

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

each material drops at similar amount depending on player’s activity.

There are people who are overflowing with Empyreal Fragments and lack Bloodstone piles along with Dragonite Ores.

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

Posted by: Yenn.9185

Yenn.9185

I’m overflowing with bloodstone and empyreal fragments. I would love to trade these for dragonite ores.

Posted by: Tsubaki.8732

Tsubaki.8732

Exactly. Overall, the materials drop at the same rate, but every player prefers different game content and so each player will have lots of one particular type of material and less of the others. For example, I have TONS of bloodstone and empyreals, but I have to go out of my way and play content I usually do not like to get the dragonite I need for my crafting. So if you have too much dragonite and want something to be done against it, always remember that OTHERS might actually like to get MORE dragonite.

Anyway, some kind of “put in some material, get a smaller amount of some other material” device might be a good idea. That would be useful for everybody.

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

If you farm Dry Top for chests, you might notice that the amount of Dragonites in chest are double that of Emyreals. But alas, it’s RNG when praying for Empyreals to drop more often.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I seem to get a lot more Empyreal Fragments than Dragonite. And I still have lots of Bloodstone. Except for all the Bloodstone that was stockpiled before, all 3 probably drop equally, depending on what you prefer to play now.

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

Yeah, for as much as people complain about bloodstone, I’ve always gotten at least two dragonite for every bloodstone dust

For some reason, Anet doesn’t care as much about creating a sink for that though.

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

With all the World Events and Dry Top chest farming, I’ve discovered that there seems to be a bit too much Dragonites in the game. At this point, my Dragonites outpace my Bloodstone drops. So that begs the question: Should Anet come up with more ways to utilize excess Ascended mats like Dragonites? I would love to be able to trade 3 Dragonite ores for 1 Emryreal fragment. Throw in some coin and Karma costs, and you have another effective sink in the game.

Anyone else have the same problems as I?

the simple answer is that the grind of crafting materials for making ascended far outweighs the grind for ascended materials.

to address this, they could make consumables out of ascended mats, or if they ever do guild halls, make people build their halls out of solid dragonite bricks.

Posted by: slamfunction.7462

slamfunction.7462

I have a difficult time getting Dragonite, when i need it. I delete stacks of Bloodstone, more often than anything else. So i’d say it all depends on how you play the game.

In a non-related topic, please up the drops on t6 mats.

Arena Nets are used to catch Gladiator Fish.

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

All anet has to do, is create a Mawdrey II for Emperial, and dragonite. If that happens i will be ultra happy. Empyrial (cause i play lot of wvw), is by far in lead for me. 247 refined atm, and still going. Bloodstone brick stagnated a while, and is now frozen at 180 bricks, because mawdrey II. Dragonite is quickly catching up from being the last, because i open a lot of zephyrite chests, wich yield them. 185 of them now refined. But soon i will have to much also.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Posted by: Matisse.9356

Matisse.9356

Had this topic here a few months already. Yes, there are more people like you swimming in tons of dragonite, aswell as people having more of one or two of the other three ingredients than they can ever put to good use.
For example- I really hate zerg content, farming and I’m not much into WvW either. But I do like small scale party content, so I do quite a lot of dungeons and fractals. So I end up with stacks and stacks of bloodstone dust and fragments, but I’m always short on dragonite.

Also people already suggested somekind of trade system for those three ascended mats (e.g. as you suggested aswell- make them changeable in a ratio somewhere between 1:3 and 1:10), unfortunatly nothing alike got implented so far

This describes it spot on. I’m in the same situuation with dragonite.
I fail to understand why they don’t do anything about it.
And I already hear the blind screaming that “Anet wants to encourage people to try other stuff”. That’s not encouraging, that’s enforcing. And I also fail to understand it from an economic point of view. If they had a trade system for that, it would benefit a gold sink as much more ascended stuff could and would be crafted, therefore pushing the economy. The only explanation I have is that they don’t give a rat’s kitten .

Posted by: caveman.5840

caveman.5840

ya plz up drop rate of t6 mats +1

at least a lil

Posted by: Matt.8264

Matt.8264

Dragonite ore is the only one that’s hard for me. I dislike open world bosses because of how zergy and boring it is. I only get it from the weekly guild challenge and the occasional tequatl when I’m really bored.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I only maintain 25 bricks of each; the rest gets destroyed on sight. But yes, must have deleted thousands if not 10000 of them.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)