Overpowered mobs in Fireheart Rise

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Robotukas.1673

Robotukas.1673

Map is Fireheart Rise. Where i always get very easy killed by Flame legions and Lava elemantal. I don’t have resistant and weapons are very weak. I just get bored always killed in this map by this creatures and they are overpowered. I have all rare Armour and Weapons level 80. But I am still very weak and I do little damage. Also I am warrior. I didn’t have issues in other maps with my build and equipment.

Maybe is some magic weapon or armour to fight against them. Or can you recommend some build for this creatures.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Condition Removal.

Fire burns, i thought we all learned this as kids.

Posted by: Gestankfaust.4216

Gestankfaust.4216

Class?

You can have all exotics and it wouldn’t matter if you are overpowered by mobs. I find the area tough but like the fact that it is.

Robotukas.1673

Condition Removal.

You get killed not by conditions, but by hit ;-) Second, condition recovery it’s takes minimum 20 second. If is here two mobs, I am dead. So for every hit you need use condition

My class is warrior.

Gestankfaust.4216

So I would say it’s because you are a warrior. Maybe…

Went through as a Ranger and Guardian and never had much of a problem. I know it has some hard hitting mobs, but I adapted.

TexZero.7910

It has nothing to do with being a warrior.

The man just isn’t playing correctly. I never once had an issue with Fireheart Rise on my warrior.

Here’s some motivation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6npO-NoOPOg

(edited by TexZero.7910)

Posted by: OscarKitteh.7198

OscarKitteh.7198

The “magic” is to mind your aggro. Don’t pull huge mobs, isolate vets and champs, if you over-aggro, run, break aggro and then kill mob by mob.
I’ve done this map complete getting my chars to 80 so not max green(and not heavy) armour and weps and it was one of my faster ones so it’s definitely doable. Just slow down, take your time and manage aggro. Elementals can hit hard, but dodging their aoe isn’t.
If you’re still having trouble, check your traits, armour and weapons. A level 80 war, even with greens and blues should not be doing poor damage.

Posted by: Happyfool.8951

Happyfool.8951

do you dodge or simple facetank the mobs?

We all do as we must to make our way in this world and unfortunately,
we have to do things others may qualify as “evil”.
~Krunch Bloodrage, Looking For Group

Gestankfaust.4216

The man just isn’t playing correctly. I never once had an issue with Fireheart Rise on my warrior.

Here’s some motivation

never said warriors cannot…

But the player being a warrior that doesn’t do it right…might make what I said a bit right…eh?

TexZero.7910

Here’s some motivation

But the player being a warrior that doesn’t do it right…might make what I said a bit right…eh?

Wasnt a knock on your statement so much as it is to the OP believing mobs in FHR are OP especially against warriors.

I found it mildly comical, considering most mobs there can basically be dropped by 1 use of Hundred blades (Excluding Vets / Champs).

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I just did zone completion there on my warrior. The only time I had any issues was in one area where I was down-leveled to 63, the mobs were 69 and I got jumped by 5 of them. Judicious use of melee circle-strafe, condition removal and healing shouts pulled me through even that. Other than that one fight and an over-aggro at one skill point, I found the zone easy.

OP, what are your traits, utility skills and weapons? Are you using kite/circle strafe when facing multiple foes or do you just rush in and get in mobs’ faces (which I find a warrior can get away with if the mobs don’t have condition damage)?

Gestankfaust.4216

Here’s some motivation

Wasnt a knock on your statement so much as it is to the OP believing mobs in FHR are OP especially against warriors.

I found it mildly comical, considering most mobs there can basically be dropped by 1 use of Hundred blades (Excluding Vets / Champs).

gotcha and agreed

Kind of a fun zone to me

Posted by: Florgknight.1589

Florgknight.1589

On my ranger, pulling 8 mobs at once and dropping five aoes is a blast.

Gestankfaust.4216

Guess this thread is useless to us then. Seein as how the OP can’t be bothered to return and post?

IndigoSundown.5419

Guess this thread is useless to us then. Seein as how the OP can’t be bothered to return and post?

Give him a chance. Two hours ago? He may have logged off after posting and went to bed.

Gestankfaust.4216

He may have become a god among men too. I have had that feeling after downing multiple foes at once. Maybe he found his footing there.

I’m rooting for him

:P

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

Hello! In addition to some of the very helpful recommendations, may I add in that you should consider using food and potions. Peach pies are a very inexpensive form of low health regen. Or you could spring for Mixed Berry pies which are a cheaper Gain Heatlh on crit.
And of course get a few cheap potions of flame legion slaying.

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle

Posted by: Diy.5296

Diy.5296

I think you’re probably fighting in the area that has incorrect dynamic leveling, I posted about it in the bugs forum a while ago.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Incorrect-Dynamic-Leveling-in-Fireheart-Rise/first#post1372310

There are lava elementals and flame legion around there that are level 69, but the game delevels you down to 63, making killing any more than 1 at a time, very difficult.

Gestankfaust.4216

I think you’re probably fighting in the area that has incorrect dynamic leveling, I posted about it in the bugs forum a while ago.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Incorrect-Dynamic-Leveling-in-Fireheart-Rise/first#post1372310

There are lava elementals and flame legion around there that are level 69, but the game delevels you down to 63, making killing any more than 1 at a time, very difficult.

I can see that as an issue…not one for me as I have cleared the area twice now…..but….

TexZero.7910

Pretty sure that’s working as intended as that’s where the Fire Shaman Meta event is / ends.

Robotukas.1673

I just did zone completion there on my warrior. The only time I had any issues was in one area where I was down-leveled to 63, the mobs were 69 and I got jumped by 5 of them. Judicious use of melee circle-strafe, condition removal and healing shouts pulled me through even that. Other than that one fight and an over-aggro at one skill point, I found the zone easy.

OP, what are your traits, utility skills and weapons? Are you using kite/circle strafe when facing multiple foes or do you just rush in and get in mobs’ faces (which I find a warrior can get away with if the mobs don’t have condition damage)?

Can You post your build and weapon and armour set. Yeah, I wanted to reach that vista where I have issues with Fire elemental and Legion Ranger. These two types mobs do most damage. I can compare damage with champion where is appears in CoF. I hardly handle to defeat one mob. And where no place where you can fight 1v1.

Please, can some post build that type of weapons is better to use to defeat this mobs. I need to pass to reach that Vista, but is to many of them.

Robotukas.1673

I think you are right, because they a great damage to me, and I do a little damage to them.

Posted by: Elvahaduken.3609

Elvahaduken.3609

A warrior, king of pve complaining that pve mobs are hard? wtf. I recommend keybinding instead of clicking.

Klaus Night (Necro)/ Elvahaduken (Engi) [TaG] Gunnars Hold

Robotukas.1673

A warrior, king of pve complaining that pve mobs are hard? wtf. I recommend keybinding instead of clicking.

I do with key biding. Maybe you can post your build? ;-) It will be very helpful ;-)

Posted by: Elvahaduken.3609

Elvahaduken.3609

I main a necro mate, dont have trouble

Klaus Night (Necro)/ Elvahaduken (Engi) [TaG] Gunnars Hold

Posted by: quickthorn.4918

quickthorn.4918

Condition Removal.

You get killed not by conditions, but by hit ;-) Second, condition recovery it’s takes minimum 20 second. If is here two mobs, I am dead. So for every hit you need use condition

My class is warrior.

Take Mending, maybe, definitely use Shake it Off and if you spec in Tactics you can choose Shrug it Off so that it happens more often, or opt to have all shouts on shorter cooldown. I think the Sonic Boon build is pretty good both for damage and buffing with a little healing thrown in (google it) but you will not be able to take the full traits at less than max level. Fireheart Rise is challenging but you are one of the tougher classes.

(edited by quickthorn.4918)

Posted by: Blacklight.2871

Blacklight.2871

Keep in mind your Toughness isn’t going to help you against condition damage. If you’re dying by fire and can’t get enough condition removal to take care of it, consider investing in Vitality. Basically, the only armor you have against conditions is health. More of it will give you a better buffer and may give you the time you need to dispatch your mobs.

Robotukas.1673

It’s fine. I am very quickly resolved problem. I just uninstalled game and now I am happy. DDO is the best. Just I was very stupid that I supported this AreNet team. I had more problem in this game than fun.

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Well, I noticed this thread was still active and was going to see what this was all about. Guess it’s okay now.

By the way, no, this game isn’t fun for everyone. I know at least three people who I would love to play with who just wouldn’t find it fun. I’m totally willing to accept that – they play games I don’t find fun, so :P

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

Dodge and speed buffs are your friends, especially when you’re dealing with a lot of charr who play with fire and probably wet the bed a lot.

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

Robotukas.1673

I know that I want to finish this game, bet when I start think about Orr lands, WvWvW and Fire mobs it makes me sick. Second they don’t sort mobs, like for example: how I can know here is veteran or not by name. I always avoiding fire mobs, but is place where you can’t avoid.

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Second they don’t sort mobs, like for example: how I can know here is veteran or not by name. I always avoiding fire mobs, but is place where you can’t avoid.

. . . you’re serious. Veteran mobs in the open world always have “Veteran” in front of the name and the copper border around the portrait. Champions are labeled “Champion” clearly, with a gold border around the portrait.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Robotukas.1673

Second they don’t sort mobs, like for example: how I can know here is veteran or not by name. I always avoiding fire mobs, but is place where you can’t avoid.

. . . you’re serious. Veteran mobs in the open world always have “Veteran” in front of the name and the copper border around the portrait. Champions are labeled “Champion” clearly, with a gold border around the portrait.

But is place in Fire Rise, there is no name in front veteran. It have strange name and this mob do fire. Maybe is skill challenge mob, maybe not. So it looks same like others and You can’t some veterans when you in battle.

Tobias Trueflight.8350

But is place in Fire Rise, there is no name in front veteran. It have strange name and this mob do fire. Maybe is skill challenge mob, maybe not. So it looks same like others and You can’t some veterans when you in battle.

Which mob is it? Where did you see it? I just recently tore a path across it and can’t recall seeing something like this.

Posted by: Emanuel.9781

Emanuel.9781

@OP: Maybe you should try getting good!

@everyone else: Stop bothering with helpful replies, appearently he already uninstalled and is now happily playing DDO.

Rezardi [DnT] – Elite Playhowiwanter US
NemesisMMNecro [rT] – Trans-Transsylvanian RPer EU

Posted by: mexay.3902

mexay.3902

This thread is almost laughable.

I don’t mean to sound like an elitist, but Fireheart rise is roflstomp easy. Unless you’re running full rare Beserker’s gear, facetanking everything, not dodging, running full signets, it’s easy.

I mean… I could understand this from maybe an Ele, but a warrior? Please. We’re the kings of PvE. We are nearly the strongest in damage and tank aspects.

I’m sorry, but this has to be a troll thread.

noice

Posted by: HannaDeFreitas.4236

HannaDeFreitas.4236

Overpowered?
For GW1 standards those mobs are normal basic mobs.
And I think FH is the most interesting zone exactly because mobs aren’t pushovers like the rest of PvE zones.

TexZero.7910

20/0/20/30 is what i use a majority of the time

str tree runes – 5, 9
def tree runes – 1,2 Or whatever is more valuable at the time.
tact tree runes – 6,8.12

Running straight up soliders gear stat wise http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Item_nomenclature#Triple_attribute

There you wanted to know what build i was running.

Robotukas.1673

20/0/20/30 is what i use a majority of the time

str tree runes – 5, 9
tact tree runes – 6,8.12

Running straight up soliders gear stat wise http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Item_nomenclature#Triple_attribute

There you wanted to know what build i was running.

Thank you for nice advise and info. I decided to take another chance. I believe that my build and armour wasn’t fit together.

Also can detail explain this paragraph:
str tree runes – 5, 9
tact tree runes – 6,8.12

i hardly understand this numbers

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Thank you for nice advise and info. I decided to take another chance. I believe that my build and armour wasn’t fit together.

Hey, if you run into this problem again, screenshot what they are so people can tell what you’re talking about.

TexZero.7910

(edited by TexZero.7910)

IndigoSundown.5419

Can You post your build and weapon and armour set. Yeah, I wanted to reach that vista where I have issues with Fire elemental and Legion Ranger. These two types mobs do most damage. I can compare damage with champion where is appears in CoF. I hardly handle to defeat one mob. And where no place where you can fight 1v1.

Please, can some post build that type of weapons is better to use to defeat this mobs. I need to pass to reach that Vista, but is to many of them.

My build and the traits I usually run:

STRENGTH: 0
ARMS: 25: Deep Cuts and Crack Shot
DEFENSE: 15: Turtle’s Defense
TACTICS: 30 Desperate Power, Lung Capacity, Vigorous Shouts
DISCIPLINE: 0

Gear is all over the place between: Soldier’s, Rampager’s, Carrion and Knights.
I use sword/ax and rifle.
Heal is Healing Signet
Utilities (when soloing, unless specific mobs require me to change) are Shake it Off, For Great Justice and either On My Mark or Fear me; Elite solo is Signet of Rage.
Runes are Melandru.
Sigils are: Perception and Fire on sword/ax and currently Air on Rifle
When faced with over-aggro, I usually circle-strafe mobs, out of reach half the time to allow Healing Signet to add to my health while bleeds lower the mobs’.

While this build does not make me welcome in dungeon speed runs, it works very well overland and in WvW.

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

And getting your Ranger mixed up with your Necro, no doubt.

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

Posted by: Florgknight.1589

Florgknight.1589

And getting your Ranger mixed up with your Necro, no doubt.

Nah, trap + trap + trap + torch aoe + axe bounces.

Posted by: Robert.4197

Robert.4197

Went to the area in question and found that I’m being downleveled to level 63 when the enemies are level 69. I was able to kill a couple of charr but they kept respawning. I’m level 80 in full exotic knights gear, ended up going down and dying after using all my dodges and shouts.

Attachments:

Posted by: SilverWF.4789

SilverWF.4789

Went to the area in question and found that I’m being downleveled to level 63 when the enemies are level 69. I was able to kill a couple of charr but they kept respawning. I’m level 80 in full exotic knights gear, ended up going down and dying after using all my dodges and shouts.

this is the new level scaling system.

#SAVEDONBASS from Ukraine!
Seafarer’s Rest (EU): Liicher (Engi), Lii Cher (Warrior), Swf (Elem),
Licharr (Guard), Lich Eir (Ranger), Alt Fh (Thief). Lii Cherr (Mesm), S Wf (Necr)

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Oh those guys . . . yeah, I remember these guys now that I see the location. Not very well because I took it to mean “don’t wander in there”.

Posted by: Robert.4197

Robert.4197

Yeah, I don’t think it’s working as intended though, the rest of the area seems normal. Even if I walk just a little bit away from the area in question, the leveling system returns to normal. I saw a thread on this right after the last patch but I don’t think anyone was able to provide a screenshot so just wondering if I should create a thread in the bug section on this or try and find the thread that has been buried. Either way I’m sure this post/thread will be past on to the devs so maybe I don’t need to do anything?

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Yeah, I don’t think it’s working as intended though, the rest of the area seems normal. Even if I walk just a little bit away from the area in question, the leveling system returns to normal. I saw a thread on this right after the last patch but I don’t think anyone was able to provide a screenshot so just wondering if I should create a thread in the bug section on this or try and find the thread that has been buried. Either way I’m sure this post/thread will be past on to the devs so maybe I don’t need to do anything?

No, I’d still post it into the Bug forum and /bug it in game. Don’t ever assume it will be seen if you only say it once in a place not explicitly for it.

As for these? I guess it’s a sign of the level scaling boundaries being a little too fuzzy in that place.