P2P fractals! Yey!

P2P fractals! Yey!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kasteros.9847

Kasteros.9847

Ok, so let’s begin the hate
1. of all what i mean with topic. It is simple, to play high lvl fractals u need HoT.
2. Why?
> “You’ll also gain access to Mystic Forge recipes for adding extra agony infusion slots to ascended rings”, without it ur agony is lower than ppl that bought HoT and extra infused rings. In result ppl kick u, cos u can’t get higher AR without training mastery i.e. without buying HoT.
> “Mist potions will give bonus attributes.” and “Research how to activate the lifesaving Mistlock Singularities within the Fractals of the Mists. Fractal potion conversion improves.” Same as previous one, no better potion = kick, cos u can’t do as much as ppl with HoT.
To sum up point 2, no masteries = no HoT exp. bought => KICK from party and low lvl fractals, where u can also get kicked( happened twice to me already, when they just realised that I didn’t have mastery unlocked). Seriously Anet DO SOMETHING, cos as it is now I can’t play what I paid for.
3. Lucky legendary backpack is still something that not many if any ppl have so I can’t get kicked for not having it, but i guess it is just matter of time
4. I know u will type something like: " Find a guild"… I already have 4 guilds which are wvw and community guilds, but I dont think there is a 1 that will inv me for fractal runs only, expecially without mastery unlocked( yes I looked for some, got whispers like: “DO u have HoT?” – it was kittening 1. question!). But if I’m wrong, just give me name of such guild and I would join
5. I forgot to mention( cos someone will definitly post bout it), I’m not going to buy kittening HoT! Why? Ohhhh there is plenty of reasons but most important is taht it isn’t expansion, it is just a huge patch that isn’t worth 50$, max 15$ or even less. 1 class, 1 map, guild hall and some cosmetic changes, GLIDER! – looks totally like AA ahhh I forgot + p2w/p2p mastery system for fractals Is it all? Yeah! And where is raid? It is missing in action

[One][SiOn][dF]
16.03.15 We remember! R.I.P. MT
Shocking interview with Anet WvW Dev

(edited by Kasteros.9847)

P2P fractals! Yey!

Posted by: ReaverKane.7598

ReaverKane.7598

In case you didn’t notice, Guildwars 2 is a BUY to play game. If you don’t want to buy then its a trial.
If you bought core and don’t want to buy the expansion, then you play core (as in fractals up to 50).
And if you’re the kind of guy that even AFTER launch you don’t know what the expansion content is, then maybe you’re being kicked out of the parties for a few other reasons not due to having or not masteries unlocked.

P2P fractals! Yey!

Kasteros.9847

In case you didn’t notice, Guildwars 2 is a BUY to play game. If you don’t want to buy then its a trial.
If you bought core and don’t want to buy the expansion, then you play core (as in fractals up to 50).
And if you’re the kind of guy that even AFTER launch you don’t know what the expansion content is, then maybe you’re being kicked out of the parties for a few other reasons not due to having or not masteries unlocked.

The point is that they kick me even under 50 cos of no masteries and yes I bought core game and expect to be able to play even core game. And no, the only reason they always write is " no masteries" or something similar. Dude I have 15k ap, play fractals for almost 3 ywars( since 1. release with karka event). So I guess that I’m not a noob that can get kicked for bad gameplay Ahhh and I know what exp’s content is – look up

[One][SiOn][dF]

P2P fractals! Yey!

Posted by: XYLUM.7286

XYLUM.7286

I wish I could get a refund on the expansion… just a FYI

The game has been changed in so many ways that are negative to me, and go against my preferred play style, not to mention the fact that most of the content I enjoy has been nerfed into the ground and all but ruined.

I am seriously hunting for a new game..

P2P fractals! Yey!

Kasteros.9847

I wish I could get a refund on the expansion… just a FYI

The game has been changed in so many ways that are negative to me, and go against my preferred play style, not to mention the fact that most of the content I enjoy has been nerfed into the ground and all but ruined.

I am seriously hunting for a new game..

Black Desert coming out soon Camelot Unchained too, same goes for Eternal Crusade so… plenty of mmos to play in 2016

[One][SiOn][dF]

P2P fractals! Yey!

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

Before the update you could do fractals up to level 50. After the update you can do fractals up to level 50. You lost absolutely nothing, the expansion only added new levels past 50. Hell you can probably do up to 60/70 without the expansion. You have lost absolutely nothing. The expansion only added new content past level 50 which you are not entitled to if you did not purchase the expansion. You can still do everything you could before the expansion, and more.

And I call complete bullkitten on you getting kicked from fractals for not having mastery. Especially on the first day of release. Most people won’t have fractal mastery unlocked, even if they own the expansion. Most likely you were kicked for being annoying/bad and tried to blame it on mastery. Either that or you’re just completely making it up. Just like how so many necro/rangers on the forums are “constantly” kicked from groups for their class, yet most necro/rangers I know have had it happen maybe 2 or 3 times total.

Anet make Rev great again.

P2P fractals! Yey!

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

This is a paying player (those freebies can’t post) so address him/her accordingly. When we BOUGHT Guild Wars 2 it was “pay once and play forever” in case you didn’t know.

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ

P2P fractals! Yey!

Kasteros.9847

Before the update you could do fractals up to level 50. After the update you can do fractals up to level 50. You lost absolutely nothing, the expansion only added new levels past 50. Hell you can probably do up to 60/70 without the expansion. You have lost absolutely nothing. The expansion only added new content past level 50 which you are not entitled to if you did not purchase the expansion. You can still do everything you could before the expansion, and more.

And I call complete bullkitten on you getting kicked from fractals for not having mastery. Especially on the first day of release. Most people won’t have fractal mastery unlocked, even if they own the expansion. Most likely you were kicked for being annoying/bad and tried to blame it on mastery. Either that or you’re just completely making it up. Just like how so many necro/rangers on the forums are “constantly” kicked from groups for their class, yet most necro/rangers I know have had it happen maybe 2 or 3 times total.

… I have 50 Tyria points to spend but no expansion, so yeah ppl actually have masteries! And they kittening kick player for not having it, next time I will do screens to show it, but not td, work awaits, just wanted to post bout it and check out how this develop when I come back. And I didn’t mean 50+ mostly, cos thsi happens UNDER 50 lvl too. And to add I’m not lying, this is the fact taht happens, and it will develop even further as ppl stop playing HoT content and come back to fractals they will realise taht hey can have good set-up with mastery ppl in a place of some guys that bought core game and were expecting to play a content thay paid for!

[One][SiOn][dF]

P2P fractals! Yey!

Posted by: Rain.7543

Rain.7543

This is a paying player (those freebies can’t post) so address him/her accordingly. When we BOUGHT Guild Wars 2 it was “pay once and play forever” in case you didn’t know.

What? Being a paying player immune oneself from being annoying and whiny in his/her entitelment how everything should be served to him or her on silver plate for paying 3 years ago? In case YOU didn’t know you paid for an MMO not a single player based game. Which means things change. You can’t really believe you’ll pay once for an MMO game and play it forever. If you do, then I suggest more walks out in the real world. Single player based games also have DLC packs being released, so you if you want to experience the new content the game has to offer, you need to pay. Even more so with MMO’s since they require non-stop support to keep running smoothly on daily basis, and this game never required monthly subs, so I really, really don’t get all of this complaints about prices and the need to pay for new expansions.

P2P fractals! Yey!

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

While the original post has many things that I disagree with, there is a point at the core. Those who did/do not purchase HoT should still not lose the ability to play what they were playing before.

The new levels, the masteries and such, however, belong to those who bought the expansion.

P2P fractals! Yey!

Rain.7543

While the original post has many things that I disagree with, there is a point at the core. Those who did/do not purchase HoT should still not lose the ability to play what they were playing before.

The new levels, the masteries and such, however, belong to those who bought the expansion.

Indeed. Thats why he should not complain when or if he was kicked for lacking masteries. The OP can go and find a party of like minded individuals who don’t require masteries or who hasnt’t purchased the expansation either. That way I am sure he will be still able to do all old content he wishes to do, without coming here with his claims how the content is now P2P, which is far from the truth.
Don’t complain for something which you in your right mind and choise decided to pass on purchasing OP.

P2P fractals! Yey!

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

if he was kicked for lacking masteries.

This right here is an issue, and it’s a player mindset issue at that. You should not get kicked because you don’t have masteries, given that fractals are core game content. Yes, they got upgraded with the expansion, but they are not expansion content.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

P2P fractals! Yey!

Aidenwolf.5964

What? Being a paying player immune oneself from being annoying and whiny in his/her entitelment how everything should be served to him or her on silver plate for paying 3 years ago? In case YOU didn’t know you paid for an MMO not a single player based game. Which means things change. You can’t really believe you’ll pay once for an MMO game and play it forever. If you do, then I suggest more walks out in the real world. Single player based games also have DLC packs being released, so you if you want to experience the new content the game has to offer, you need to pay. Even more so with MMO’s since they require non-stop support to keep running smoothly on daily basis, and this game never required monthly subs, so I really, really don’t get all of this complaints about prices and the need to pay for new expansions.

I’ve been here Since before launch. I bought GW because of the company’s philosophy. If you’re attempting to call me naive you’re wasting you breath.

Pre expansion GW2 should not have anything removed because that content was PAID FOR.

I keep seeing this 3 years ago you paid for product X comment and I think players like you are why gaming is kitten right now. You swallow half finished games and welcome DLC as if you’re not the one footing the bill.

As a player who OWNS all of the GW games including HoT I reject your thinking wholeheartedly.

To your comment about DLC specifically, DLC does not remove functionality from the core game. A paid GW2 player should always be able to do fractals up to 50 at the minimum.

PugLife SoloQ

(edited by Aidenwolf.5964)

P2P fractals! Yey!

Posted by: Stitch.1794

Stitch.1794

if he was kicked for lacking masteries.

This right here is an issue, and it’s a player mindset issue at that. You should not get kicked because you don’t have masteries, given that fractals are core game content. Yes, they got upgraded with the expansion, but they are not expansion content.

It’s pretty stupid given all you can see is the number of mastery points spent, and not where they’ve been spent. Someone with 50 points could have them all in Maguuma and precursor crafting masteries, and so be no better off in fractals than someone with 0.

P2P fractals! Yey!

Kasteros.9847

Looks like u misunderstand what I was talking about. It isn’t about giving me a free content. It is included in expansion and I’m with it. The point is that ppl actually discriminate those without HoT efpansion and it is viable in fractals partys when ppl kick u for not having masteries that boost potions or influence u with bonus AR. I’m not talking about 50+ cos it is sure that u need new conent for new fractals levels, but about 1-50 where u get kicked for not having exp. conent while playing core content.

[One][SiOn][dF]

P2P fractals! Yey!

Posted by: luzt.7692

luzt.7692

Well well, just man up.
People kicked players from party at FotM lv10 because they werent Zerk Meta 22k AP, 1k playhours on everyclass and asuras too.

You just pointed out that there is no guild in the entire Gw2 community that wouldnt wanna do fractals with you. Emotional outcry?

And to inform you, Mastery points alone are useless. You need to grind 508k xp for every Mastery (times the amount of mastery points required for that specific mastery)

Though I agree that fractals has been kittened up, not for these reasons.

P2P fractals! Yey!

Posted by: Paradox.1380

Paradox.1380

Looks like u misunderstand what I was talking about. It isn’t about giving me a free content. It is included in expansion and I’m with it. The point is that ppl actually discriminate those without HoT efpansion and it is viable in fractals partys when ppl kick u for not having masteries that boost potions or influence u with bonus AR. I’m not talking about 50+ cos it is sure that u need new conent for new fractals levels, but about 1-50 where u get kicked for not having exp. conent while playing core content.

I have some solutions for you:
1. Write your own LFGs if you do not have The Expac.
2. Masteries require more than just mastery points, they require A LOT of EXP in between each level so it will take people awhile.
3. You can do 50+ without the Expac you just don’t get access to the new bonuses and vendors that require the mastery track for fractals. (I don’t recommend going past 55-60 without the mastery track personally as I started to struggle here personally from not having enough AR)

I am sorry for your unfortunate experience, that being said I have done many fractals hunting down some of the new things for legendary crafting and I haven’t been kicked from one party while doing it and I have not touched the Fractal’s mastery nor have I touched the Elite Spec for my Ele that I use for fractals.

-It’s Lady Paradox- Sweet Adrenaline
“What Part Of Living Says You Gotta Die?
I Plan On Burnin Through Another 9 Lives”

P2P fractals! Yey!

Rain.7543

I’ve been here Since before launch. I bought GW because of the company’s philosophy. If you’re attempting to call me naive you’re wasting you breath.

Pre expansion GW2 should not have anything removed because that content was PAID FOR.

I keep seeing this 3 years ago you paid for product X comment and I think players like you are why gaming is kitten right now. You swallow half finished games and welcome DLC as if you’re not the one footing the bill.

As a player who OWNS all of the GW games including HoT I reject your thinking wholeheartedly.

To your comment about DLC specifically, DLC does not remove functionality from the core game. A paid GW2 player should always be able to do fractals up to 50 at the minimum.

Let me put it out for you in very short and simple sentance: This is how the real world works, mate. Whether you or me like that its irrelavant. It will not change on our account. In the case of GW2 im satisfied with the content offered, so I don’t have any complaints with my purchase and I think its well worth all the money I put away for it. There’s many different games and DLC’s for which I think the asked price is atrocious. The example with the DLC’s was to make a different point, one which utterly escaped you, I am afraid.

The new expansion is designed in a way to not remove ANY of the old content for the people who didn’t purchased it. As it should be. This kind of situations, can be blamed on the mindset of some players in the game, and not on Anet, because their intended design is not in flaw here.

P2P fractals! Yey!

Posted by: Daharahj.1325

Daharahj.1325

Be thankful they let you play at all, lmfao.

Yes, they spent thousand of hours working on this new content so you can play it for free, give me a break.

P2P fractals! Yey!

Posted by: Ezkiel.7059

Ezkiel.7059

To OP this sounds more like rant about elitism and general ppl attitude in some moments then actual resons why expansion is no good or must have or what ever, but i’d say that you just had bad stroke of luck XD

Sure standards will go up coz of new stuff from expansion but really ranting about it is kinda pointless. Really don’t like using WoW as example but in there you get like 7 expansion to buy just to enjoy end game content + sub each month on top of it so yeah…

P2P fractals! Yey!

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Be thankful they let you play at all, lmfao.

Yes, they spent thousand of hours working on this new content so you can play it for free, give me a break.

You aren’t reading all of what the OP is saying. ArenaNet is changing core game modes to require HoT. The OP has been playing Fractals since they came out. The OP is saying that they changed high-end Fractals to be paid content. We already paid for Fractals when we paid for the base game. The common MMO term for charging twice for existing content is called double dipping and it’s a gross practice. They also neutered dungeons because it would seem they were too lazy to charge double for those. Heck, they didn’t even bother adding any new Fractals. Why would I pay twice for Fractals?

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

P2P fractals! Yey!

Aidenwolf.5964

Let me put it out for you in very short and simple sentance: This is how the real world works, mate. Whether you or me like that its irrelavant. It will not change on our account. In the case of GW2 im satisfied with the content offered, so I don’t have any complaints with my purchase and I think its well worth all the money I put away for it. There’s many different games and DLC’s for which I think the asked price is atrocious. The example with the DLC’s was to make a different point, one which utterly escaped you, I am afraid.

The new expansion is designed in a way to not remove ANY of the old content for the people who didn’t purchased it. As it should be. This kind of situations, can be blamed on the mindset of some players in the game, and not on Anet, because their intended design is not in flaw here.

I understood what you wrote I used it against your arguement. You mentioned DLC because it is relevant to this discussion however not the way you intended.

PugLife SoloQ

P2P fractals! Yey!

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

… I have 50 Tyria points to spend but no expansion, so yeah ppl actually have masteries! And they kittening kick player for not having it, next time I will do screens to show it, but not td, work awaits, just wanted to post bout it and check out how this develop when I come back. And I didn’t mean 50+ mostly, cos thsi happens UNDER 50 lvl too. And to add I’m not lying, this is the fact taht happens, and it will develop even further as ppl stop playing HoT content and come back to fractals they will realise taht hey can have good set-up with mastery ppl in a place of some guys that bought core game and were expecting to play a content thay paid for!

Honestly I think you’re full of it. I’ve never seen anyone get kicked for not having mastery since the update. Either it happened to you once and you use that as justification to claim it happens “all the time”, or your making it up. Either that or you were being annoying so your party used that as an excuse to kick you.

Anet make Rev great again.