PAX West 2016 Party!

PAX West 2016 Party!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Hey there,

ArenaNet will be holding our traditional community party during PAX West weekend. The event will take place the evening of Friday, September 2, at a downtown Seattle location near the Washington State Convention Center.

If you would like to attend, you can throw your hat into the ring by sending me a Private Message here on the forums by Noon PDT on Friday, August 19.

Here are your instructions for the Private Message:

1. Subject line: “PAX West Party 2016”
  2. Your forum name
  3. Your first and last name
  4. A contact e-mail address (This does not need to be your game account address, but can be any means of e-mail contact)
  5. The first and last name of one guest, if you would like to bring a personal friend

Guilds: If your guild will be attending PAX West, and you would like us to look into adding you and your guild members to the guest list for our PAX West Party, please e-mail me at Guilds@Arena.Net. Use “PAX West Party 2016 – Guild” in the subject line. Important Note: Guilds and members of guilds who are applying for guild tickets should not sign up for personal tickets. Those who do so will be disqualified from receiving tickets of any kind.

Edit to add: If you wish to bring a guest, you must provide their first and last name. If you already submitted your name for the ticket giveaway and were intending to bring a guest, please find your PM to me in your “Sent” folder and update the thread to give me your information and that of your guest. (Please update rather than sending a second PM.) Thanks.

We will contact individuals and guilds who are on the guest list during the week of August 22. Ticket numbers are very limited, and we will not be able to respond to those who were not added to the guest list.

It’s going to be a fun evening, and we look forward to getting a chance to party with Guild Wars 2 players! Hope to see you there!

Rules (the necessary legal small print):

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States of America , the District of Columbia, and all provinces and territories in Canada (excluding residents of Quebec) who are the age of majority or older (18 years of age in most jurisdictions) as of the date of entry. Giveaway Period: August 9, 2016 11:00 AM PDT to Noon PDT on August 19, 2016. Up to 60 participants, who send a private message to Gaile Gray on the official Guild Wars 2 Forum including his or her forum name, real-world name (first and last) and real-world name (first and last) for one guest (if any), will be randomly selected to receive one ticket for him or herself and up to one guest for a total of 2 tickets per person (“Tickets”) for the PAX West ArenaNet Party 2016. The Tickets can be redeemed for admittance to the PAX West ArenaNet Party 2016.

The Tickets will be RANDOMLY AWARDED, WHILE SUPPLIES LAST. A total of up to 120 Tickets will be awarded. Once the 120 Tickets are awarded, no further Tickets will be available. The Tickets are non-transferable, non-exchangeable, and non-refundable, have no cash value, and may not be combined with any other offers or promotions. Only one set of Tickets per person. Sponsor: ArenaNet, LLC, 3180 139th Avenue SE, Bellevue, WA 98005. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, Twitter or Facebook.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

PAX West 2016 Party!

Posted by: JayMack.8295

JayMack.8295

Wish I could go, but unfortunately I live in the UK.

Have fun whoever else goes. Hopefully I’ll see you ANet guys at Rezzed again at some point.

PAX West 2016 Party!

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Wish I could go, but unfortunately I live in the UK.

Have fun whoever else goes. Hopefully I’ll see you ANet guys at Rezzed again at some point.

Thanks, JayMack. I hope to see you a Rezzed, for sure. It’s a great show and I was thrilled to be there last year. Here’s to a future party on the UK side!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

PAX West 2016 Party!

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

Even though I do live in the Seattle area, I can’t attend. I’m so sad that I’ll miss this.

I hope y’all have an awesome party.

~EW

P.S. Whatever else you do, don’t let the Quaggans near the punch bowl!

PAX West 2016 Party!

Posted by: ZanchinFissure.7981

ZanchinFissure.7981

Wish it wasn’t on the other side of the continent.

PAX West 2016 Party!

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

Too far away.. any gamescom presence?

PAX West 2016 Party!

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

I only wish! I love gamecom — it’s been a fave since I attended many years ago. Hope to see you another time.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

PAX West 2016 Party!

Posted by: tala.8695

tala.8695

Hi! This is really cool, I’ve been playing guild wars games almost since gw1 came out, and have played gw2 since beta so I’d love to throw my hat in the ring, but I’m a bit confused on the wording: do I already need to be attending PAX West, or can I use these tickets to just get into the party event if I’m not already attending?

Thanks for clarification!

PAX West 2016 Party!

Posted by: Xiler.7368

Xiler.7368

Didn’t you would be at Rezzed! Very exciting news indeed. I hope someone in the UK community will be hosting events.

PAX West 2016 Party!

Posted by: Katsugankz.7156

Katsugankz.7156

I attended the first anniversary party and would love to get the opportunity to attend this one as well ^^ Here’s hoping I get chosen

PAX West 2016 Party!

Posted by: mikeullar.9614

mikeullar.9614

Thanks for putting this on, Gaile!

PAX West 2016 Party!

Posted by: Damian.6978

Damian.6978

Let me get this straight. To celebrate four year anniversary of an MMO, the event is not ingame?

How to MMO. Must read.

PAX West 2016 Party!

Posted by: Kreejaffa.3682

Kreejaffa.3682

Hey Gaile, by chance do you happen to know if there will be anything in game to celebrate, like any sales on gem store items, or maybe an event or two?

I’d honestly love to have some old content thrown at us, like Bazaar of the Four Winds, or Dragon Festival to celebrate the occasion.

Kreejaffa [Ferguson’s Crossing]
Leader of Looking For Gandalf [LFG]
Worst Commander of Ferguson’s Crossing (Self Proclaimed)

PAX West 2016 Party!

Posted by: AnarchySong.1702

AnarchySong.1702

Aw this should be awesome! Invite request incoming!

PAX West 2016 Party!

Posted by: Shadowmoon.7986

Shadowmoon.7986

Honestly the lack of ingame events bothers me. Even gw1 has a in game event for its bday.
At least turn on queens jubilee. Gw2 really is lacking in seasonal content.

PAX West 2016 Party!

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Hey folks,

I’ve taken a look at the first incoming requests, and most do not have a “plus one” listed. That’s great — no problem at all. But we will only add to the guest list the names we have, so if someone signed up as Fred Smith and they show up with Mary Jones, poor Mary is going to be on the outside looking in, because we only have one name.

IOW, we are not setting aside two tickets when you are selected unless you provide details for your guest.

If you have questions, please let me know, and thanks!

If you submitted your name, and were intending to bring a guest, please find your PM to me in your “Sent” folder and update the thread to give me your information and that of your guest. Thanks.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

PAX West 2016 Party!

Posted by: DGraves.3720

DGraves.3720

“Except Quebec.”

Why me?

PAX West 2016 Party!

Posted by: captaincrash.6528

captaincrash.6528

“Open to legal residents of the 50 United States of America , the District of Columbia, and all provinces and territories in Canada (excluding residents of Quebec) who are the age of majority or older (18 years of age in most jurisdictions) as of the date of entry.”

So just to make sure this means that those of us who will be in the area at that time, but from other countries, shouldn’t apply?

Crash ~ Charr Reaper

PAX West 2016 Party!

Posted by: Taco Del Mar.4582

Taco Del Mar.4582

Very cool! Having more single people there would make meeting other players easier too, I think.

PAX West 2016 Party!

Posted by: Lizardguard.2860

Lizardguard.2860

I only wish! I love gamecom — it’s been a fave since I attended many years ago. Hope to see you another time.

You´re not at all at this years gamescom? :/

PAX West 2016 Party!

Posted by: Seda Khold.5428

Seda Khold.5428

Thanks for the opportunity!

(edited by Seda Khold.5428)

PAX West 2016 Party!

Posted by: Torwne.1325

Torwne.1325

Someone please! GO to this event and stand by the restroom. Everytime a Dev tries to go in stop them and ask if they would like to exit to Dragon Stand.

PAX West 2016 Party!

Posted by: therapite.3645

therapite.3645

“Except Quebec.”

Why me?

DGraves, here’s an external article about why Quebec is always excluded from these things.

http://contests.about.com/od/sweepstakes101/f/VoidinQuebec.htm

Sorry no one loves you there </3

Ayla Tyrsdottir | Melsande | Rowan Cabot | Joxa | Phedra Nyx|Ephiny Tyrkin
Eternal Clarity [Ankh] /Archivists Sanctum [Lore]
A quaint dye collector with a lore problem.

PAX West 2016 Party!

Posted by: Telemin.7380

Telemin.7380

Thank you for posting about this.

Even more thanks for making it happen.

I hope all that attend enjoy themselves.

If I had known about this in advance, I would have attended. But instead I am doing one of my usual meet and greet of some of the ET players. (How many times must I humiliate myself infront of you all? HOW MANY!?!? Because Vegas, San Diego or San Antonio have not been enough. :P )

*edit

Currently in San Antonio for round two of small scale server meet ups.

Teh Ouchies

PAX West 2016 Party!

Posted by: Sango.6502

Sango.6502

Galie,

I sent you the PM about the party however when I look at the sent message, it keeps changing my last name to another word instead as if it is being censored.

Would this be any problem or it shows up normally on your side?

PAX West 2016 Party!

Posted by: Rin.8035

Rin.8035

EXCITED!!!!! FOR!!!! PAX!!!! WEST!!! YAY!!!!

I hope I get into the party, and hope to see you guys there! WHOOT

Attachments:

PAX West 2016 Party!

Posted by: Hexinx.1872

Hexinx.1872

This is just awesome news to hear you guys will be in attendance… we’ve got day passes for our group of 5 on Saturday, sadly 2 of the 5 are minors and unable to attend an event such as this. We will ponder a way to make it all work out, and hope to be putting my name in the hat with a +1 to meet and greet.

PAX West 2016 Party!

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Galie,

I sent you the PM about the party however when I look at the sent message, it keeps changing my last name to another word instead as if it is being censored.

Would this be any problem or it shows up normally on your side?

As I messaged you, we’re fine on the name, and I apologize for the weirdness of our word filter. Sometimes… I have to wonder.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

PAX West 2016 Party!

Posted by: Captain.6248

Captain.6248

My boyfriend and I went to the party last year (Only because Gaile was generous enough to fight for getting us tickets… I’ll never forget that!), and I had a blast meeting everyone.

Here’s to hoping we can go again! RNGesus, don’t fail me now!

PAX West 2016 Party!

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

EXCITED!!!!! FOR!!!! PAX!!!! WEST!!! YAY!!!!

I hope I get into the party, and hope to see you guys there! WHOOT

Love that sketch, Rin. Thanks!

And yes, WE’RE!! SUPER!!!! EXCITED!!!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

PAX West 2016 Party!

Posted by: bigpun.4193

bigpun.4193

Here is to hoping to get into the awesomeness that is the GW2 PARTAY!!! Petting my Char Plushie for good luck LOL!

PAX West 2016 Party!

Posted by: kosanovskiy.2861

kosanovskiy.2861

Question? For the forum name should we include the period and the four digits following it? Like in my case its the “.2861” Because I included that in my forum name in addition to “kosanovskiy” part and don’t want it to cause any confusion.

Also guess which Hunter you will be seeing at Pax West Party 2016? <—-This guy…if I get selected.

(edited by kosanovskiy.2861)

PAX West 2016 Party!

Posted by: Age.9320

Age.9320

I’m so sad.

The party is on my birthday but I live on the east coast. Even if I could fly out, I have two weddings to go to the following days…

Hope everyone has fun though :’D

And so I wait, and so I watch, but my hands are near to my blades – Drizzt Do’Urden

(edited by Age.9320)

PAX West 2016 Party!

Posted by: RazielSpecter.6295

RazielSpecter.6295

Wish I could go too! But i live in Brazil, so is kinda impossible to me!
Have fun you guys. Love this game too much!

Vlad Streavious – Tarnished Coast

PAX West 2016 Party!

Posted by: OneTrickPwny.6904

OneTrickPwny.6904

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! PAX! GW2! ALL THE THINGS!

PAX West 2016 Party!

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Question? For the forum name should we include the period and the four digits following it? Like in my case its the “.2861” Because I included that in my forum name in addition to “kosanovskiy” part and don’t want it to cause any confusion.

Also guess which Hunter you will be seeing at Pax West Party 2016? <—-This guy…if I get selected.

Yes, your display name includes the four digits after any name or words, so please do include the full display name.

Thanks for asking.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

PAX West 2016 Party!

Posted by: kosanovskiy.2861

kosanovskiy.2861

Yes, your display name includes the four digits after any name or words, so please do include the full display name.

Thanks for asking.

Got it. Thanks.

PAX West 2016 Party!

Posted by: AK Shadow.6109

AK Shadow.6109

Just saw this thread this evening I just PM’d you Gaile I hope I’m not too late (fingers crossed)

Guild Leader of Alaskas “Nine O Seven” guild

PAX West 2016 Party!

Posted by: KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

I submitted my request literally 10 minutes before the closing time.

I hope I’M not too late

Fort Aspenwood – Elementalist
Character name: Azilyi

PAX West 2016 Party!

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Someone please! GO to this event and stand by the restroom. Everytime a Dev tries to go in stop them and ask if they would like to exit to Dragon Stand.

And that is positively evil. But a little clever, too.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

PAX West 2016 Party!

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Update:

• I’ve sent out some of the responses tonight, but will need to do more early next week.
  • Ticket requests submitted on the forums are answered on the forums. (The e-mail address was requested for potential verification purposes, but we will not be e-mailing forum folks.) Please check your PMs and that’s where you will see if you have been part of the random drawing.
  • Those who contacted me via the guilds e-mail address will receive a response through e-mail. If I sent you questions, you’re not confirmed, so please answer the question(s) and I’ll be able to let you know your guild’s status when I hear back.
  • Guilds — If you can respond to say you received my mail even if it doesn’t have questions, that would be great, too
  • Please note that we have received many requests, and we’re capped at a specific number. (Don’t want to have a fist fight over the last nacho chip, right? ) If you or someone in your group cannot attend, please let me know so we can invite someone else.
  • Because we may have a few last-minute spaces, you may want to check your forum PMs the night before the party, just in case something opened up.
  • The party is not on PAX property, and you do not need a PAX ticket to attend the party.
  • Thank you for understanding that we can’t include everyone, as much as we love you all!
Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

PAX West 2016 Party!

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Just curious, what method did you use to randomly select the winners? Was it names in a hat or some other method.

The Burninator

PAX West 2016 Party!

Posted by: Lego.7582

Lego.7582

Hope to hear back next week!

PAX West 2016 Party!

Posted by: Xelfyar.3829

Xelfyar.3829

My wife and I just finished up our GW2 cosplay for PAX West, hopefully we’ll see you guys at the party this year!

PAX West 2016 Party!

Posted by: misterman.1530

misterman.1530

“Except Quebec.”

Why me?

DGraves, here’s an external article about why Quebec is always excluded from these things.

As a Canadian, I would add to that: the company would also need to translate everything into french (all promotional materials, documentation that goes with the prize, everything).

PAX West 2016 Party!

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

“Except Quebec.”

Why me?

As a Canadian, I would add to that: the company would also need to translate everything into french (all promotional materials, documentation that goes with the prize, everything).

Exactly. We’re not delighted with the restriction, at all, and we’d love to include Quebec, but it’s not practical to do so with the laws/restrictions in that province.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

PAX West 2016 Party!

Posted by: realvaguehobbit.8479

realvaguehobbit.8479

I’m super excited to be going! The 2nd is my mom’s birthday and I managed to get her hooked on GW2 just recently. She’s really excited to be coming with me. Neither of us have been to Seattle before so this will be a really cool adventure.

Mordrem Minion Master Main and Leftpaws Right Hand [BRUH] leader

PAX West 2016 Party!

Posted by: AK Shadow.6109

AK Shadow.6109

@realvaguehobbit – you will love Seattle its a fun place to visit I am from Washington and can say every time I go back I try and do something different when I visit there is just so much do to there.

Guild Leader of Alaskas “Nine O Seven” guild

PAX West 2016 Party!

Posted by: PhAzOnMaDnEsS.7039

PhAzOnMaDnEsS.7039

I guess the selections happened. Shame I won’t be able to go, but I hope everyone that does gets a bunch of photos!

PAX West 2016 Party!

Posted by: Auralous.7945

Auralous.7945

Still hoping for a message, but afraid it’s too late now…