PLEASE REBUILT THE MEGA SERVER

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: lungphai.4065

lungphai.4065

the mega server not good right now in the case . Few minute ago i spent 30min to join bloodtide coast to do rarely world boss . i miss it because of the mega server are full and in my current world before to join “that” world there was about 20mens and we can even do 1% of damge to bosses . accually i’ve joined “that” world before but i got push out .
please do something you dont need split server anymore .

love , phai .
*ps ; taxi are full before boss start 10min .

Posted by: onevstheworld.2419

onevstheworld.2419

Trying to taxi 10 mins before is too late if you’re trying to join Triple Trouble, esp during peak times. It takes at least 10 minutes to set up the groups and make the explainations. Once you actually see what’s involved in this boss, you’ll realize why it takes so long. Trying looking on LFG 30 minutes beforehand. Some groups also need Teamspeak, so have that installed beforehand.

If you’re in NA, look up TTS. If you’re in EU, GW2 Community. Triple trouble get run fairly regularly.

Posted by: WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

it would be nice if they would do it. but honestly pretty sure that will not be the case .

teq event you got to be in the maps 30min before the event as well . think its been like that since the game changed .

no new system upgrades coming

Posted by: killermanjaro.5670

killermanjaro.5670

Actually I had this yesterday with TT, I actually joined the squad 30-35mins before but the map was full, and for most of that 30-35mins I wasn’t able to get in. Normally that’s enough time, but I just chalked it up to it being a weekend, therefore busier.

Didn’t bother me too much as I was only trying while deciding what else to do later anyway, though a few that joined the squad and my map after me, did mange to get in.

This did lead me to a thought though, why can’t the “join in x map” option in the squad add you to a queue for that map instance? This would be a lot fairer as if people have been in the squad for 15-30mins trying to get in then it seems a bit unfair that others could join at the last second and get in the instance ahead of them just by being lucky with timing of when they happen to hit “join in x”.

Also having a queue number like WvW would give people a gauge of if it’s worth hanging around to try and get in or not.

As it say it doesn’t bother me too much as normally something like TT arriving 30 mins before is fine and I can get in. And other maps like Tarirr or DS if I can’t join my squad after a couple of mins trying then I’ll either tag up and try to get a map going or go do something else anyway. But I do think a queue system would be good overall (depending on how much work that is for Anet to do).

Posted by: Cyprien.4208

Cyprien.4208

I highly suggest looking up TTS if in NA. I lead the fight against the wurm for over a year and the content isn’t as hard as people think but requires numbers and people to listen two the three commanders.

it would be nice if they would do it. but honestly pretty sure that will not be the case .

teq event you got to be in the maps 30min before the event as well . think its been like that since the game changed .

Tequtal we used to setup an hour before the fight when the mega laser had a bug in it which didn’t fire however now days you can set up less than 10 mins or none at all.

(edited by Cyprien.4208)

Posted by: jbrother.1340

jbrother.1340

As the date of launch of expansion nears new players and old returning players are increasing map totals.

This happens in every game for periods of time that are active and have new content arriving to them.

for weeks after the new content launches it should be much slower at the world boss events during most times of day.

Posted by: Spinex.3695

Spinex.3695

Mega server and instances need to work way better, pretty amateur that you can’t create the code to save how far you were in a story instance just spent a good amount of time in final boss of HoT only to get disconnected.

Customer happiness – low.

Posted by: WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

I highly suggest looking up TTS if in NA. I lead the fight against the wurm for over a year and the content isn’t as hard as people think but requires numbers and people to listen two the three commanders.

Tequtal we used to setup an hour before the fight when the mega laser had a bug in it which didn’t fire however now days you can set up less than 10 mins or none at all.

you had the need to remind me of them things ???? yeah for gotten all about the old stuff for a reason lol .;/

not the maps I been on as of late you got a far better chance of getting ascended chest dropping

then setting up teq maps now with the mega servers . till the map gets full and if people even bother with paying any at all attention to those trying to set a map up for a win .

as people in the maps these days are now afk till the time for the event . or they just trash talk thos in chat trying to set up the map . shocking enough tho so far with all them problems . the maps not failed at all . how ever theirs been a few times the map has come close to failure

and even then still their are still people in the teq maps that are afk .

no new system upgrades coming

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Triple Trouble is a highly organised event. Ideally you want to take advantage of the guilds who organise for the game on EU and NA servers (on EU, they advertise throughout the day). You will need access to TS to get info on which map they taxi to and usually be on the map up to 45 mins in advance (later is possible, but it depends on attendance).

Joining a map which isn’t organised by those groups has a high chance of failure due to a lack of coordination regardless of numbers.

As to redesigning the mega server, this is working as it should be, not sure based on what you are saying how it would be better. At least now, new map shards create, fill and create again. If they’re filling up fast, that shows the technology is working and the event is popular.