POF Mounts - How to Get?

POF Mounts - How to Get?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zoe.4830

Zoe.4830

Q:

Hi Everyone! Super hyped about POF, but I was wondering how we will “get” the mounts? Will we have to pay for them with gems/gold or will we have to tame them like a ranger would tame a companion? If anyone could help that would be great, thanks.

POF Mounts - How to Get?

Posted by: warbignime.4610

warbignime.4610

A:

Based on the demo, you get them through story steps.

Some must fight so that all may be free.

POF Mounts - How to Get?

Posted by: Davion Roth.6709

Davion Roth.6709

Masteries, just like gliding in HoT.

POF Mounts - How to Get?

Posted by: warbignime.4610

warbignime.4610

Actually, you get the mounts just by playing the story, masteries improve their abilities.

Some must fight so that all may be free.

POF Mounts - How to Get?

Zoe.4830

Sorry, bit of a noob here XD, what are masteries?

POF Mounts - How to Get?

Posted by: Davion Roth.6709

Davion Roth.6709

Actually, you get the mounts just by playing the story, masteries improve their abilities.

No way, they don’t give you anything in this game, everything is gated behind some sort of grind! I guess we’ll find out for sure soon enough.

POF Mounts - How to Get?

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

I haven’t bought HoT yet, I do intend to though, what are masteries? Sorry if I seem a bit “new” :P

I recommend looking at the wiki for Masteries. Keep in mind that you get your base glider with the Gliding mastery. You can get different skins for your glider from the gem store. Mounts will be similar.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mastery

For information on the new expansion, PoF, I recommend this video. The part about mounts starts around 2:14:30.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

POF Mounts - How to Get?

Zoe.4830

I haven’t bought HoT yet, I do intend to though, what are masteries? Sorry if I seem a bit “new” :P

I recommend looking at the wiki for Masteries. Keep in mind that you get your base glider with the Gliding mastery. You can get different skins for your glider from the gem store. Mounts will be similar.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mastery

For information on the new expansion, PoF, I recommend this video. The part about mounts starts around 2:14:30.

Thanks for clearing things up, I appreciate it

POF Mounts - How to Get?

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Sorry, bit of a noob here XD, what are masteries?

Masteries are the post-level 80 progression system.

Functionally they’re similar to skills and traits – you train up a mastery by gaining XP (you can choose which of the available tracks to train first), then you spend Mastery Points, obtained from challenges around the world, to unlock the mastery.

The difference is that most masteries can’t be used in combat and they won’t make your character more powerful, they just give you more options. In Heart of Thorns the masteries do things like allow you to glide or use jumping mushrooms to move around and unlock new vendors and things around the jungle.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

POF Mounts - How to Get?

Zoe.4830

Thanks for all the help guys!