[POLL] Feelings on Ascended weapons.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

TL;DR – Vote here on your feelings towards Ascended weapons whether you like or dislike them (not cosmetically, rather how they impact on the game).

Thanks to “The Eternal Grace” with the “Living Story or Expansion” post for showing me this poll site. The lack of polls for a forum saddens me.
Anyways…

With the release of Ascended weapons (and prior to it) and the soon to be Ascended armor, to me it seemed that there were more people against ascended then for.
I wish to see this in a poll. And depending on how the poll goes, I may create another poll to identify the reason why people dislike it.
If everyone likes it, there’s no point in further polls as everything is fine, if people dislike it more so, then lets find out the reason why.

I tried to keep it simple… The question is
Do you like Ascended Weapons? And I don’t mean cosmetically, I mean the impact that they have in the game.

You dislike Ascended weapons, either because of time gating, cost, effects on build diversity, effects on WvW or so on….
OR
You don’t care because you aren’t going to get one, exotics are just fine, say you only sPvP or really any other reasons….
OR
You like Ascended weapons because it gives a sense of progression or any other reason (sorry i couldn’t come up with any more, i voted on dislike…)

In no way this is to promote democracy in a game (as that’s a bit hard to do…)

The link is underneath if you don’t trust the ‘Vote here’:
http://poll.pollcode.com/ugrky

Lastly, try to keep the flames to a minimum …
And, if you know someone in game that rarely visits the forums…. please try to get them to vote.

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

Zero Day.2594

:D oh and bump the thread somehow….

o.o

Join the TEEFs!

Zero Day.2594

:/ 40 views, 13 votes….
come on, it takes 5 seconds…
or maybe 27 don’t care.

Join the TEEFs!

Zero Day.2594

beginning to slightly wonder why some “don’t care”….
Guess some live in sPvP, some are starting to just play (so the ending or whats after is far away)… still :/ it does effect a good chunk of the game. And the coming armor will too. O well :| i made that option.

Join the TEEFs!

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I just don’t feel comfortable going to other sites. But, that’s just me.

Posted by: MikaHR.1978

MikaHR.1978

A lot (i would say most) of people dont care. PvE is so easy that you can slap random combination of gear and still be succesful with little skill. And theyll just play the game until it starts to interfere to much with their playing and then quit.

Colin Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”

Zero Day.2594

fair enough :| i did provide a link bellow, in case the HERE scared you (i know it does some people, since they tend not to see exactly where they’re going)….

sad they don’t have a polls implemented for these forums. Lots of fun* can be had.
*including flame wars…

Join the TEEFs!

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

I put don’t care, but only because I’m kind of in the “ehhh” catagory.

I’m not fond of them but I don’t hate them. If they truly are the last of the last in basic gear then I don’t mind it. The item collection is tolerable (them shards are a pain in the kitten though).

If it was harder for me to complete them, then I’d be the same way as with legendaries, even if it is a stat increase. If I can’t get I won’t care at the end of the day. As long as I am still able to enjoy some aspect of the game that I like doing.

Zero Day.2594

A lot (i would say most) of people dont care. PvE is so easy that you can slap random combination of gear and still be succesful with little skill. And theyll just play the game until it starts to interfere to much with their playing and then quit.

yeah i guess
I just would hate to see GW2 flop and be torn down. Loved playing gw1, gw2 did better in some areas and in some areas it got worse…
Same thing with D3, flopped on release, now slowly making a recovery…

Join the TEEFs!

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

I chose “Don’t care” because its too early to tell.

Zero Day.2594

Legendaries were meant to be cosmetic, a chase like FoW armor (or Vabbian, because at one point due to the market it was worth more) back in GW1 days…

ascended were meant (from my understanding) to bridge the gap between legendary and exotic, as well as give a harder time getting gear, because apparently exotics wasnt hard at all….

GW1, I had several different builds i would run on just one char accompanying by several (kittenty looking but dirt cheap, max stat) gear sets… It was nice being able to switch between builds knowing that i would still retain max stats due to how easy (and some people will say “oh it was still a challenge” – compared to exotics even, it was nothing you just ended up looking bad) to get max stat gear…. so gear never really came into question when making builds.

Although I would complain even about legendaries, in the sense that in GW1 *YOU could work towards * your armor, via farming…. as long and tedious as it was, you were making progress step by step… instead of hoping for a precursor to drop from the sky like finding a \$ 5 0 bill at a mall. (why is $ 5 0 (without spaces) censored out?)

Join the TEEFs!

(edited by Zero Day.2594)

Zero Day.2594

78 not too bad

Join the TEEFs!

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I fall somewhere between dislike and don’t care. Not really an option on there for me. I dislike the precedent that the new tier sets. As long as it is the last tier then I’m ok. I don’t feel rushed to get it, I will get one eventually, in my own sweet time. There isn’t anything I do/enjoy that I have to have it for, nothing that it is gating me on. Hell, I’ve done WvW in my panties (no gold for armor repair haha), so not having BiS right now doesn’t bother me in the least.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Copestetic.5174

Copestetic.5174

I clicked “Don’t Care” because I really, really just don’t care about Ascended weapons. Entropy/Genesis + Wings of Dwayna forever!

Also, did they say they were bumping up Legendary Weapons to match Ascended?

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I clicked “Don’t Care” because I really, really just don’t care about Ascended weapons. Entropy/Genesis + Wings of Dwayna forever!

Yeah they did.

Zero Day.2594

@Lanfear you probably fall under “don’t care”, since really you have nothing against it….

:| there’s also this i’m overlooking:

casuals, gamers, hardcore gamers
each with their own mindsets….

Join the TEEFs!

Zero Day.2594

Yeah they did.

To add to that (yeah),
You will be able to switch their stats out of combat…. ( think this, is unique and should be for a legendary, this and not having it soul bound (account bound only…))

Join the TEEFs!

LanfearShadowflame.3189

@Lanfear you probably fall under “don’t care”, since really you have nothing against it….

:| there’s also this i’m overlooking:

casuals, gamers, hardcore gamers
each with their own mindsets….

Yeah, I hit don’t care….. now. Lol back in Nov, I very much cared. I was a total kitten about it haha.

Posted by: Copestetic.5174

Copestetic.5174

Yeah they did.

To add to that (yeah),
You will be able to switch their stats out of combat…. ( think this, is unique and should be for a legendary, this and not having it soul bound (account bound only…))

Thanks you two. I’m more inclined to get a Legendary before bothering with Ascended in that case. Or are we grouping Legendary Weapons with Ascended Weapons ( post the patch on LW’s ) together? If so, my “Don’t Care” still applies, as I won’t bother getting one until it’s absolutely necessary to do so, and by then I can just drop the gold for it most likely.

Posted by: medohgeuh.4650

medohgeuh.4650

I’m in the camp of indifference so long as there will be another way to acquire the skins. The stats are irrelevant, I know how to dodge and time my attacks as I have a history of playing things that aren’t MMOs. :P

Zero Day.2594

legendaries are on their own….

although good point, they’re no longer cosmetic if you’re on exotics

Join the TEEFs!

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Yeah they did.

To add to that (yeah),

Thanks you two. I’m more inclined to get a Legendary before bothering with Ascended in that case. Or are we grouping Legendary Weapons with Ascended Weapons ( post the patch on LW’s ) together? If so, my “Don’t Care” still applies, as I won’t bother getting one until it’s absolutely necessary to do so, and by then I can just drop the gold for it most likely.

You might be better off just going with the legendary, if not having BiS doesn’t bother you. It has been stated repeatedly that legendary will always be on par with BiS, and with the addition of being able to swap stats outside of battle, oh what a fricking boon! One armor, build at will….. yum!

Posted by: CaboSoul.1204

CaboSoul.1204

beginning to slightly wonder why some “don’t care”….
Guess some live in sPvP, some are starting to just play (so the ending or whats after is far away)… still :/ it does effect a good chunk of the game. And the coming armor will too. O well :| i made that option.

I chose “I don’t care” because I’m a armor kind of guy and to me weapons must have my “Holy Trinity” which is Stats, ability and make my armor look better.

Stats: Aren’t really important (at least the way I play this game), I could get a weapon with magic find, healing power and vitality and i’d still kick kitten with it.
Ability: For example it has an element or something that does extra damage or whatever. Which no weapon in this game has.
Making my armor look better: I can’t dye weapons and to me something that should make my armor look better should not cost more then my armor. My most expensive weapon costs 8 gold and i’d like to keep it that way.

And that’s why I don’t care about it. I always get kitten ed of when a new weapon set gets released (I friggin snapped when new legendary weapons got announced and no legendary armor and that they’d release ascended weapons first).
Don’t get me wrong, I love this game, I’ve spent 1800 hours in this game and I’m still enjoying it, I wouldn’t be surprised if I’d decide to make ascended weapons one day BUT if there is ever going to be a GW3 then I won’t get it cuz I don’t need another game with only 3 (exotic) craftable armor sets while there are plenty of weapons to make (I’m counting Mystic Forge weapons as well as legendary’s) and while playing the game it keeps releasing new weapons but no armor.

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

Keep in mind your poll will be highly skewed and rather pointless as it can not be used to change ArenaNet’s mind on ascended. Nor will it win any argument on ascended.

Impact bias is something that comes to mind. A lot of people do not also have enough information to make a educated decision.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

Forums are used more for complaining then it is for praising, so the results will be very skewed.

Posted by: Hawken son of Z.1367

Hawken son of Z.1367

I wont be voting due to my feeling on them is “I have nothing against this as long as it is the last tier of gear added to the game”

Posted by: Happyfool.8951

Happyfool.8951

remind me how the forum population represents the whole player base again?

We all do as we must to make our way in this world and unfortunately,
we have to do things others may qualify as “evil”.
~Krunch Bloodrage, Looking For Group

LanfearShadowflame.3189

It dont. Not even close. But it’s still fun to watch

Zero Day.2594

It dont. Not even close. But it’s still fun to watch

Yup…

there’s a lot of things wrong with the poll, nowhere (and please point out) that it was perfect, nor is it trying to change thoughts for ANet (i doubt they listen anyways).

Join the TEEFs!

Zero Day.2594

:P kinda expecting these numbers….

Join the TEEFs!

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

Strongly dislike. If they were way easier to get, involved way less grind, or at least didn’t increase weapon rating (to mitigate the necessity of getting them), then I might be kinda ok with them. I don’t like Ascended trinkets either but at least those just take Laurels. But this is just a travesty.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

Zero Day.2594

Strongly dislike. If they were way easier to get, involved way less grind, or at least didn’t increase weapon rating (to mitigate the necessity of getting them), then I might be kinda ok with them. I don’t like Ascended trinkets either but at least those just take Laurels. But this is just a travesty.

Same, i dislike the time gating aspect a lot….
Really feels artificial and non-needed….

it really serves no beneficial function. Rich can still bypass the time gating via buying the (refined) mats…..

Join the TEEFs!

Posted by: Quick Mouse.7635

Quick Mouse.7635

Considering that someone already crafted an ascended weapon 3 days after release:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Im-first-to-craft-ascended-Greatsword
It’s a lot less of a grind than people think. Less QQ more pewpew.

Tactical Fury [TF] – Late NA/early OCX driver (SoS)
Spirit of Faith [HOPE] – RIP

Posted by: Tsezar.6950

Tsezar.6950

Considering that someone already crafted an ascended weapon 3 days after release:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Im-first-to-craft-ascended-Greatsword

BS the guys who craft ascended in few days spend like 500 g at least ot get it so tell me ho whe got the money when not grinding or spending hours in the tp

I PLay Without Hands To Have [Fun]

How many Dzagonurs and Gunnars do you need to kill me? Over 9000!!

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

BS the guys who craft ascended in few days spend like 500 g at least ot get it so tell me ho whe got the money when not grinding or spending hours in the tp

This.

Having to blow an obscene amount of money that you already grinded doesn’t mean this didn’t involve a lot of grind. It just means you did the grind ahead of time.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

Posted by: Celestial.4381

Celestial.4381

I don’t really care. Having played several games with raid-centered endgame and a new uber gear tier (usually available ONLY to those who bothered with raiding) with each new raid/content update, this game just now adding a new tier of equipment (and piecemeal at that…no Ascended armor just yet) seems pretty to me by comparison.

I also like that Ascended access isn’t limited to one semi-niche group (raiders) the way some gear is in other games. And I understand that crafting isn’t everybody’s thing, but OTOH each toon has the ability to permanently level up ALL crafts and switch between them, so a character who started out without a weapon-making craft isn’t completely screwed right now, for example. I do understand dislike of the somewhat grindy aspect of gathering the mats needed for Ascended weps, because hey, there’s only so much farming I can stand (i.e. very little).

Posted by: Namu.5712

Namu.5712

Thats a lie.

I took me 150 gold to get to 500 all in all I spent maybe 200 gold thats it. Not sure where you get your numbers from.

Guess what dungeons and stuff reward a TON of gold. Just today playing a few paths ive made around 20g. It is not hard getting gold in this game.

Zero Day.2594

Not sure how you managed to get 20g….
I flip/play AH sometimes, and I’m sitting on 95g, which is not a lot….. but thats over the span of weeks…. 20g in a day, few paths (where paths in gold yield <2.5g) seems a bit unbelievable.

Join the TEEFs!

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

I was also a “Don’t Care” – we’ve had the Trinkets for months, may as well complete the process. I would say that the farm-req is a bit iffy, though … should’ve been more like the preexisting gear. Also, since we’re at a point where Asc. Weapons (and one would assume Armor) pack both Infusion and Standard Upgrade slotting, perhaps we may wish to take a look at Trinkets in the same way … might allow a degree of customisation to said Ascended Trinkets. /shrug

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

Your poll is so basic and it is not going to achieve anything.

You shld instead change it to something more specific like:

Which do you prefer:
1. Player gets choice of wep but predetermined stats?
2. Player gets choice of stats but predetermined weapon?
3. Player gets to choose both Weapon & Stat.
4. Ascended weps were not needed, please remove them from the game.

The above would address the real issue with them.
This might be why your Poll did not get much votes.

Posted by: Lurch.9517

Lurch.9517

I object to the fact that ascended is an unnecessary gear tier (no content that requires it except high fractals) except of course WvW and WvW would not require ascended if the gear did not exist. Until they introduced Ascended weapons Legendaries were just ‘ooh pretty fluff content’ now as it turns out they are the most powerful weapons in the game making the ones of us that did not bother because we dont do fluff very disadvantaged.

Lurch
Gandara

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

funny but i get that way sometimes with linking to other sites too :s

Zero Day.2594

@ZilentNight

Dislike, basically means you have an issue with it
Like is basically you don’t have any issues with it.
don’t care is basically you don’t care

I will more then likely make a poll of which issue it is….(but there’s currently too many to keep track of)

Join the TEEFs!

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

ZeroDay, ty for stating the obvious, like i said above, that is too general for Anet to read and say…“hmm should we change something here, well they dint say what they disliked so there is not much to go on, lets move along”

If you want change, you have to more specific while providing logic and reasoning to convince them. A basic poll like yours will not suffice.

anzenketh.3759

I object to the fact that ascended is an unnecessary gear tier (no content that requires it except high fractals) except of course WvW and WvW would not require ascended if the gear did not exist. Until they introduced Ascended weapons Legendaries were just ‘ooh pretty fluff content’ now as it turns out they are the most powerful weapons in the game making the ones of us that did not bother because we dont do fluff very disadvantaged.

Then explain to me how I am running around in WvW just fine with rares. It is not that much of a grind. I am 1/4 the way there and only because I am doing things slowly. I wish I had more time to dedicate to the game. Then I would run a test to see how easy it is to get ascended if you just leveled up your crafting while playing and saving all mats.

I seriously think the biggest problem is this. We are all level 80’s so we are mostly starting from ground 0 when if this was released at launch we would be most of the way done with gathering all of our mats if we played the game normally.

(edited by anzenketh.3759)

Posted by: Lurch.9517

Lurch.9517

Then explain to me how I am running around in WvW just fine with rares. It is not that much of a grind. I am 1/4 the way there and only because I am doing things slowly. I wish I had more time to dedicate to the game. Then I would run a test to see how easy it is to get ascended if you just leveled up your crafting while playing and saving all mats.

I seriously think the biggest problem is this. We are all level 80’s so we are mostly starting from ground 0 when if this was released at launch we would be most of the way done with gathering all of our mats if we played the game normally.

Nothing to see here, all this means is that you have not reached end game yet so cannot see the disgruntlement of people that reached end game 9 months ago and have 8 toons geared for it who now have to get back on a borked unnecessary treadmill again which by the way you do not have a prayer of ever catching up with.

P.S. yes you can do ‘fine’ in WvW in a zerg same as pressing 1 a lot or autoattack in PVE kitten, if this is your idea of a good time then god bless you.

Lurch
Gandara

Posted by: MikaHR.1978

MikaHR.1978

You start from 0? RUSerious?

You start from 1 year of playing the game.

Yes, i encurage you to start a new character and play it like it was your first without any backup and twinks.

Colin Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”

Zero Day.2594

:D I like how the polls still going

Join the TEEFs!

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

I dont like the extreme grind we have to do to get them and the fact that they are unsellable. Atleast let the mats be sellable like all the other mats in the game. I understand legendaries being a grind but ascended?

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

anzenketh.3759

Nothing to see here, all this means is that you have not reached end game yet so cannot see the disgruntlement of people that reached end game 9 months ago and have 8 toons geared for it who now have to get back on a borked unnecessary treadmill again which by the way you do not have a prayer of ever catching up with.

P.S. yes you can do ‘fine’ in WvW in a zerg same as pressing 1 a lot or autoattack in PVE kitten, if this is your idea of a good time then god bless you.

Actually the reason why I am on rares is simple. I was testing out a new build. I like it. Still on it due to I am debating if I want to wait for ascended armor or go ahead and make the exotics. I had my level 80 exotics already. I even transmuted a few of them. If anything that was not done right.

As for WvW actually I do not normally like large zergs. I am a thief so I roam a lot. I also havok a lot.

I can see the disgruntlement however….. It is just not as big of a deal that everyone is making it out to be. Once they get in the game and play and try to learn how the game implemented it. As well as why they implemented it. They too will come to the same conclusion I did.