PSA: Crafting experience nerfed

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: wintermute.4096

wintermute.4096

Crafting 0-400 is 7 levels of xp now, instead of 10.

Basically, it’s their way of saying you will play through that utterly moronic story/grind those same boring events again for every alt you want to play and you will like it. Not that there was a reason to, now that you have to grind out best in slot equipment for every character for weeks…

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

you can level in WvW, dungeons, whatever. But I do not really understand your point. You want to level for what exactly? At max level, most of the game will apparently still be boring to you. So why bother? And: giving xp for crafting was a major design flaw to start with imo, it made crafted goods cheaper than the materials you needed for them as everyone is flooding the market with them.

wintermute.4096

My point is that while I might want to play alts in www or dungeons for a change, I don’t enjoy repetitive levelling or gearing them for ages 8 times.

Originally, Anet had that very “you shouldn’t need to prepare to have fun” sentiment covered in their manifesto (or much better yet, in gw1…), but we all know how seriously they took that.

Posted by: LHound.8964

LHound.8964

so…

Previously → 0-Max → 10 levels of XP
Now → 0 -Max → 10 levels of XP

Previous Max → 400
Max atm → 500

… no problem whatsoever!

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
Charr’s need more Love. All is Vain
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

There really should be some kind of gem store item to level a charater to 80 straight away. Once I get to 80 and geared in full exotics + cultural gear, I’m pretty much happy and can enjoy myself at that point.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

wintermute.4096

so…

Previously -> 0-Max -> 10 levels of XP
Now -> 0 -Max -> 10 levels of XP

Previous Max -> 400
Max atm -> 500

… no problem whatsoever!

Previously ~10g for 10 levels, now >200g.

… no problem whatsoever.

Posted by: LHound.8964

LHound.8964

so…

Previous Max -> 400
Max atm -> 500

… no problem whatsoever!

… no problem whatsoever.

Crafting has no problem whatsoever. It’s still 10 level per 0-max. The fact that the cost has risen don’t mean that the crafting has failed. The mechanic is still the same!

So your choice is:
- Spend a lot of gold for that 3 extra levels from 400 – 500;
- Don’t spend that amount of gold;

As i said, crafting is perfectly fine! Do it at your expenses if you want, instead of ranting over a perfectly working mechanic!

/cheers

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
Charr’s need more Love. All is Vain
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

so…

Previous Max -> 400
Max atm -> 500

… no problem whatsoever!

… no problem whatsoever.

There are a ridiculous amount of ways to level in this game….
Even if you simply get crafting to 400 for all disciplines, you’re still talking about being level 58…22 levels left and you’re set.

And if you have those “worthless” exp scrolls that everyone complained about from their birthday, you’ll only have to level up twice doing anything outside of crafting.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Posted by: Daywolf.2630

Daywolf.2630

Level with cooking? It’s still 400. btw you can scroll to 20 now as well. Not sure when they will offer it for gems yet though. I have one, but I guess saving it until they make a 9th class since I already have the rest done.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I’ve found that I do the majority of my leveling just going through and clearing the maps for my characters. I know, for a lot of people it gets tedious though, so its definitely not for everyone. I always forget that I can use crafting for some of it….

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Dasboba.1652

Dasboba.1652

If you haven’t figured it out by now, I’ll let you in on a secret. Anet doesn’t want you playing alts. They want to lock you into 1 character with one specific build so you can be like everyone else.

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

My point is that while I might want to play alts in www or dungeons for a change, I don’t enjoy repetitive levelling or gearing them for ages 8 times.

Originally, Anet had that very “you shouldn’t need to prepare to have fun” sentiment covered in their manifesto (or much better yet, in gw1…), but we all know how seriously they took that.

You do not need to prepare to have fun, you do not need BIS gear to enjoy and complete all content in this game. Fractals are the closest thing, but after the first 10 levels, you already seen all of the fractals, and you can continue through the fractals ramping up the challenge without ever needed to prepare to do the next challenge, since you will get the ascended gear without having to grind a previous level before going on to the next level.

So yeah, Arenanet kept to that promise really well, spot on to be exact.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

If you haven’t figured it out by now, I’ll let you in on a secret. Anet doesn’t want you playing alts. They want to lock you into 1 character with one specific build so you can be like everyone else.

I disagree with you on this. Well, maybe not on the build limitations, although not entirely for armor reasons. Anywho, I don’t feel dissuaded from playing a variety of characters, but maybe that’s due to my play style and general perspective being simply different than yours?

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Level with cooking? It’s still 400. btw you can scroll to 20 now as well. Not sure when they will offer it for gems yet though. I have one, but I guess saving it until they make a 9th class since I already have the rest done.

I believe all the professions have had their xp amounts adjusted already, regardless of whether or not the max crafting level is 400 or 500. I have not verified this though.

You indeed now lose out on 3 levels when crafting to 400 on the various crafts. I understand the frustration, but 3 levels isn’t that hard to do. One dungeon path = 70% of a level. Four dungeon paths = 3 levels (with the additional xp from kills).

But honestly, every action ANet has taken lately seems to be ALT unfriendly. Kind of mind boggling considering extra character slots costs gems which equates to dollars for them.