PSA: Don't Leave Noran's Underground Lair!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

Ok so from personal experience which you can read here it is possible to lock yourself out of Noran’s treasure room.

DON’T USE THE EXIT PORTAL until you have opened your bags and used the oil on your key. The oil comes from the first chest guarded by a vet spider. If you leave the underground before using the oil, your key becomes useless for re-entering the underground.

I know it sounds simple but I’m not the only one who didn’t see the oil in my cluttered inventory before using the big shiny purple portal… >.>;

It also doesn’t help that the achievement you get for completing this little activity is called “ITS A TRAP” making me assume the chest is a trap? Or a joke or something? It’s not the end of the world, but you will have to wait till daily reset if you do what I did by accident. Anyway this could all be fixed if Anet just makes the oiled version of the key work on the front door.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Anyway this could all be fixed if Anet just makes the oiled version of the key work on the front door.

Please?

I had this happen to me last night as well. I found out too late that there was a drop item that was supposed to be used, because it looks exactly like flaxseed oil. It’s easy to overlook.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632