PSA: Put items that you'll want in your bank.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

If this beta is like the HoT beta the game will create a “mirror account” that your beta char will access. Everything that’s in the bank will be available for it to use.

So, you might want to put ascended weapons, armor, trinkets in the bank as well as food, nourishments, etc. It’s possible that the char won’t have account bound slots. In case it doesn’t you might put any items that are in account bound slots into the bank for your beta char to use. After you create your beta char it’s too late to put items in the bank for it.

The mirror account does not keep account progression, so, no buying/selling on the trading post and buying/selling to vendors is not permanent.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I love this part (if it works the same way again). I get to use the BL skins I’m saving for possible future sale.

Posted by: smsarasin.3468

smsarasin.3468

So, when the mirror account is created, only items in the bank are cloned? Or does your character that you transfer over to the beta keep things in its inventory? Does the beta start with a blank slate and has no items/armor/weapons at all? (Just trying to understand how best to go about the beta event and character usage/cloning)

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

So, when the mirror account is created, only items in the bank are cloned? Or does your character that you transfer over to the beta keep things in its inventory? Does the beta start with a blank slate and has no items/armor/weapons at all? (Just trying to understand how best to go about the beta event and character usage/cloning)

You don’t transfer a character over. You’ll make a character specifically to test the beta.

smsarasin.3468

You don’t transfer a character over. You’ll make a character specifically to test the beta.

Okay, thanks for the clarification. I guess first thing I’ll need to do before creating a new beta character is to place my items into the bank.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You have to place them before the Beta Weekend starts, else they won’t be available.

I think you do; maybe I’m mistaken.

Good luck.

(edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234)

smsarasin.3468

You have to place them before the Beta Weekend starts, else they won’t be available.

Good luck.

Oh… that may be hard to do since I am at work until 5pm EST… Looks like I’ll have to make do with whatever I have in the bank currently… That is limited to a few random exotic weapons, pieces of armor, and food items… I do think I have 5 random exotic chests in there as well… Ah well.. its all good. I’ll just have to roll with it then…

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You may be ok. Maybe it’s just before you create a Demo character. It’s been a long time; as stated, I may be mistaken.

Do be aware: You Demo character comes with a complete set of Exotic gear and food, and other goodies. Something like when one uses a L80 Boost.

(edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234)

Posted by: Fractured.3928

Fractured.3928

Thats silly, I just wanted to test the new specialization, and thats really it. Want to keep the story and exploration for launch.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

You will create a new char that will be level 80 and will have boxes of exotic gear. You can use that gear to set up your char. If you have ascended gear you can put those in the bank to be copied for the beta char to use.

For funsies you can throw the excess gear in the mystic forge. (And then come crying to the forums if you get a precursor) ^^

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Thats silly, I just wanted to test the new specialization, and thats really it. Want to keep the story and exploration for launch.

Then, skip this Beta Weekend, and play next weekend.

Good luck.

Posted by: Fractured.3928

Fractured.3928

Then, skip this Beta Weekend, and play next weekend.

Good luck.

Is next weekend special?

Inculpatus cedo.9234

It’s the Elite Specialization Beta Weekend, only playable in PvP and WvW. No Story or exploration spoilers.

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Good tip, my new character will be ready!

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: Sarpan.9074

Sarpan.9074

Thanks for the heads up.

Posted by: AegisRunestone.8672

AegisRunestone.8672

Thank you.

I wanted to check to make sure by doing achievements that they would stay or vanish (like Crystal Obsessed).

Posted by: AegisRunestone.8672

AegisRunestone.8672

Ah, I just want to update…

So, it’s only the DEMO characters and DEMO areas affected. I.E. Those don’t keep rewards. Anything you do on your normal character(s) in the normal areas (I don’t even know if our normal characters can reach Elona) will be saved.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

(I don’t even know if our normal characters can reach Elona)

They cannot reach Elona. And PoF toons can’t go back to non-PoF areas.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”