PVE Alternative to Berserker Dragonhunter

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Alpha.6913

Alpha.6913

I have been playing since release and I have all classes on 80, been playing with all of them for a while… I am trying to play with other class than Berserker Trapper Dragonhunter, see build here: https://goo.gl/ygzJtu

I am aiming to get most challenging Achievements/Quests the easiest way possible, and this build seems good enough, even for some open world chain events/bosses.

The burst damage is so high I dont even need survival, can manage with dodges and such, talking about Questing and aiming for Achievements mostly, map exploration etc. I will never do fractals with such a build for example, as it is not helping the team very much…

I find no real challenge in killing instance bosses/elites and even some open world events in the 3 “new” maps, hell, its not even fun, just lay the traps and time the skills properly and thats it… sometimes not even dodge is necessary.

Is there any build that could be similar in burst to a berserker dragonhunter and survive as much while beeing fun? I think nothing I played kills so fast or at least close to it, lets not talk about survival… I think heavy armored class shouldn’t kill faster than lights/mediums.

Been playing condition mesmer for a while with illusions but it doesnt convince me, I mean, its fun, you can help players with portals and such, but can’t quest properly with it…

And as a sidenote: I find it very underwhelming that after all those years you still cannot do questing/most PVE content as good as a Berserker. Lets look at Nomad stat for example… why can’t players do dungeons/quests with the stats they want? Nomad is basically useless in PVE. In the last 2-3 years condition damage seems to be catching up berserkers, but at a very slow rate, how many years will take for the “tank or support stats” to catch up?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

To your last point, ‘tanking and healing things to death’ as a solo, open-worlder will NEVER ‘catch up’. That’s just not how soloing PvE works. Also, berserker ele makes dh’s PvE damage look silly in comparison, though it lacks the same survival QoL.

Edit: DH definitely enjoys better break bar management as well