PVE: Heart quest has so little target

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: nerovergil.5408

nerovergil.5408

For example the quest needed to kill/target 20, but the npc there was only like 5. Then we need to wait them to respawn. Its very annoying because players got nothing to do but waiting.

(edited by nerovergil.5408)

Posted by: Bluefox.9580

Bluefox.9580

The amount of missing required context for this impulse complaint made me smile.

Bluefox Matari – Elementalist – Maguuma

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

after doing map completion for the 25th time…. I would say most are ok. Some of it are indeed a bit slow, but there are usually alternate ways to achieve the same thing. For example some quest you can hand in items instead of killing monster.

A few of the heart in snowden drift I find a bit slow, but most I’m fine with it. I think the main problem is megaserver, and there are other players killing monster so you have to wait.

You might want to list which heart quest you have a problem with.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Every heart I’ve seen so far has multiple ways to do it. Almost all have a kill objective but there’s also other things that can be done.

In addition OP, if you are trying to give feedback to the Devs, they need to know which heart it is. The name of it it and if you don’t know that, the map, the level, what type of NPCs you were killing, etc… One of the 300 plus hearts in the world isn’t enough to narrow it down.

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

i’m tempted to post the kurt douglas pic meme

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

Most hearts are completed much faster by doing something other than killing mobs. You need to read the text, or possibly talk to the NPC. There are only a few that are actually horribly slow, and some of those are because they are bugged.

The main problem I have with the current system, is that there’s no way of knowing (except experience) how far the heart extends. There are often large areas where you can progress a heart, that extend off in different directions and aren’t immediately obvious. I think I once suggested a map UI upgrade, whereby you could hover your mouse over the heart, and see the area in which you can do it.

Posted by: Varakkys.2490

Varakkys.2490

The heart icon & description disappears from the right hand side UI if you’re out of range. At least, that’s what I’ve always used as a guide.

Posted by: nerovergil.5408

nerovergil.5408

I refer to all Heart Quest. All of em need fixing, dev team need to increase their quantity

Posted by: Bluefox.9580

Bluefox.9580

Hmm, I wonder which is more plausible.

1. All 303 heart quests are broken, implying they have been for over 2 years now.
2. You’re unhappy about a something and just want it “better” for you with no regard to anything else effected by your want.

Bluefox Matari – Elementalist – Maguuma

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Don’t wait around to kill things. There are usually three or four options, killing things is just one.

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

There are indeed some hearts which are quite long because of the lack of mobs/NPCs. I remember one west in Snowden Drifts, I think it’s this one.

20 level 80s and counting.

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

The level 32 Heart quest in Fields of Ruin is the most frustrating of all.

No ogre spawns there at all. Only a few ogre racks spawns with a long respawn timer plus it takes a long time to complete it.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

No ogre spawns there at all. Only a few ogre racks spawns with a long respawn timer plus it takes a long time to complete it.

Now that you mentioned it, I think I remember it too. As there are no enemies, you have to run in circles collecting junk and waiting for it to respawn.

20 level 80s and counting.

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

The heart icon & description disappears from the right hand side UI if you’re out of range. At least, that’s what I’ve always used as a guide.

It does, but that relies on trial and error. And sometimes the quickest way to do a heart is in a direction you might not expect to go at all; or the radius is only a very short distance in one direction, but a massively long way in another.

laokoko.7403

Just pick up the char metal. All you need to do is stand in 1 place and pick up charr metal which respawn every 5 seconds and it’s done in 100 seconds.

runeblade.7514

Just pick up the char metal. All you need to do is stand in 1 place and pick up charr metal which respawn every 5*0000* seconds and it’s done in 100 seconds. years

fixed.

Posted by: Rasimir.6239

Rasimir.6239

Just pick up the char metal. All you need to do is stand in 1 place and pick up charr metal which respawn every 5*0000* seconds and it’s done in 100 seconds. years

fixed.

Nope. The heart in question actually has an incredibly short respawn rate for charr metal. Just run the smallest circle around the southern platform, and metal will respawn before you’re even half-way around. Just standing next to a pile and picking it up actually is a quick (if somewhat boring) way to get this one done.

That said, I personally am always happy when I find the event going on in that area, since that will give me plenty of ogres to fight instead of collecting metal, or better yet, the area taken over by the ogres, which, admittedly doesn’t happen all that often these days, since there’s always people around that try to do the meta event.

laokoko.7403

fixed.

well forum pvp is fun. I think you need 20 to complete the quest.

runeblade.7514

fixed.

Nope. The heart in question actually has an incredibly short respawn rate for charr metal. Just run the smallest circle around the southern platform, and metal will respawn before you’re even half-way around. Just standing next to a pile and picking it up actually is a quick (if somewhat boring) way to get this one done.

That said, I personally am always happy when I find the event going on in that area, since that will give me plenty of ogres to fight instead of collecting metal, or better yet, the area taken over by the ogres, which, admittedly doesn’t happen all that often these days, since there’s always people around that try to do the meta event.

Sounds like you were lucky enough to get ogre respawns.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Maybe it’s because I don’t do zone completion the way most people do, but I don’t have a problem with probably 90% of the hearts. There are a few that are questionable…but not many.

Anyway I tend to do a bit every time I’m through an area, because I know I’ll be back and eventually stuff just gets finished. Like all by itself.

I hate the whole checklist thing.

Posted by: Rasimir.6239

Rasimir.6239

fixed.

On a few characters, yes, but there were a fair number (probably between 10 and 15 of my characters have done that heart so far) where I had to do that heart the “hard” way, without a single ogre in sight, too. That metal respawns crazy fast, it’s much less of a problem to finish that heart than several others around (one heart in north-western Harathi comes to mind, where you have pretty much lost if you happen to come after the seraph take over but still a good while before the centaurs attack again ).

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

fixed.

On a few characters, yes, but there were a fair number (probably between 10 and 15 of my characters have done that heart so far) where I had to do that heart the “hard” way, without a single ogre in sight, too. That metal respawns crazy fast, it’s much less of a problem to finish that heart than several others around (one heart in north-western Harathi comes to mind, where you have pretty much lost if you happen to come after the seraph take over but still a good while before the centaurs attack again ).

In that Harathi heart, between weapon racks and the stuff you collect, I never really had much problem…even if the centaurs are gone. It does take a bit longer, but that’s because it’s super fast if you’re killing centaurs.

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

I think there’s really only two hearts that annoy me in this fashion and need some tweaking to speed up progression:

Tela Range heart in Plains of Ashford. The heart’s range is too short and doesn’t cover the skritts NW of the range, so you’re limited to the two skritt that spawn semi-regularly to the east and the devourers in the ravine below (is it just me or has the egg collection event been disabled?); additionally the three cannons you fire there take a few seconds to reset, is on a global timer instead of a personal one, and contribute far too little to the heart’s progress. The resulting effect is that there’s almost always two or three people competing with each other to complete the heart and tough luck to new players if one of them is a level 80 with a speed boost.

Earthworks Bluff heart in Kessex Hills. If there isn’t a defend or assault event going on there, you’re stuck killing a handful of centaurs and burning flags, both of which are on annoyingly long respawn timers (at least the flags are on personal timers, so you don’t have to wait for it to respawn just because someone got to it before you) and not all are accessible because a toxic spore event (which nobody seems to do) is sitting on top of them.

There might be more, but they haven’t left as deep an impression as these two (particularly after getting 100% map completion on five characters so far).

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

The Incendio Templum event in Diessa Plateau can be a pain to get when it’s being held by the Ash Legion. Very, very, very few mobs spawn when it’s held by the good guys, so you basically have to wait for the Flame Legion to try to retake it to finish the heart.

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

My least favorite is the Stealth Heart in Blazeridge Steppes (the one where you have to try and sneak through the Ash Legion base).

It wouldn’t be so bad if reaching the end actually gave you decent credit, but you have to sneak through at least 3 times to fill the heart and you move SOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooo…………. ssssssssssssssslllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Castrin.8972

Castrin.8972

The Stealth Heart can be done in 10 minutes if you know the trick to it. No, I’m not posting it here, you just have to think a bit and you’ll figure it out. (Guild mate told me though so YMMV. )

Peace.

Grandmaster
Order of the Empyrean Shield [OES]

Posted by: Lazuli.2098

Lazuli.2098

I don’t remember any hearts that were particularly frustrating before the NPE but some of the hearts in the starter areas since then are very frustrating because Anet removed some of the alternative ways of completing them.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

fixed.

It took me a time or two on that heart to realize: Picking up the metal is a miniscule amount of heart credit. Carrying what you’ve picked up to the heart vendor is much, much more. Without a single ogre it can be done in two or three circuits of the metal spawn area — you just have to give the stuff to the vendor!

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

My least favorite is the Stealth Heart in Blazeridge Steppes (the one where you have to try and sneak through the Ash Legion base).

It wouldn’t be so bad if reaching the end actually gave you decent credit, but you have to sneak through at least 3 times to fill the heart and you move SOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooo…………. ssssssssssssssslllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

I’ve done that one by getting stealth, then turning right and sneaking past the guard standing there. You can then go along the back wall and get the flags along there. It takes maybe 3 times of doing this but once you get past that guard you’re pretty safe from detection.

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

Some of them have tripped me up because the location you’re supposed to kill stuff at isn’t necessarily near the renown NPC. I would give specifics, but honestly, I don’t remember which ones.

Part of me would love to see a circle on the map for where you kill stuff, but I guess it isn’t always localized to one rounded area.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

The Incendio Templum event in Diessa Plateau can be a pain to get when it’s being held by the Ash Legion. Very, very, very few mobs spawn when it’s held by the good guys, so you basically have to wait for the Flame Legion to try to retake it to finish the heart.

Ugh, how could I forget that one? Another heart that needs additional ways to complete.