PVE most used class?

PVE most used class?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

As title says… I’m a bit curious.

I spend 50%-50% with my warr and mesmer
My 80s are: war, mes, thief, necro and engi)

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

PVE most used class?

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

In general?

Warrior by a mile. They have been the most played class the last time we got numbers and they only got stronger. No reason to play anything else beside a warrior, unless you get bored.

Personally?

If I find any motivation to log in, Mesmer 70%, Necro 30%.

PVE most used class?

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

Warrior by a mile. They have been the most played class the last time we got numbers and they only got stronger. No reason to play anything else beside a warrior, unless you get bored.

Oh look, another typical player who thinks Warrior is the best at anything.

Warriors are only useful until both Banner of Discipline and Strength are taken. After that, either pick up more reflections, or a higher damage profession.

But @OP, Warrior is the most used class for the wrong belief they are the best damage (they are not, Thief, Mesmer, Ele and even Guardian are all higher in PvE).

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

PVE most used class?

Kaiyanwan.8521

Warriors are only useful until both Banner of Discipline and Strength are taken. After that, either pick up more reflections, or a higher damage profession.

But @OP, Warrior is the most used class for the wrong belief they are the best damage (they are not, Thief, Mesmer, Ele and even Guardian are all higher in PvE).

The titel of thread: “PVE most used class”

Which is warrior. Which is the best PVE profession. Which is why you have so many of them. Which is why I posted it.

Let’s look what a base warrior offers:

Highest HP
Highest toughness
Highest armor
Highest mobility
Highest damage
Highest condition removal
Highest weapon swap time
Highest healing without even healing

All at the same time.

It is hard to fail in PvE as a warrior.

PVE most used class?

Flissy.4093

Which is warrior. Which is the best PVE profession. Which is why you have so many of them. Which is why I posted it.

Highest HP
Highest toughness
Highest armor
Highest mobility
Highest damage
Highest weapon swap time

All at the same time.

Fixed that for you.

Check your facts before you spout nonsense.

Light Up the Darkness

(edited by Flissy.4093)

PVE most used class?

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Guardian I’d say. They’re needed everywhere, for every content, always welcomed. There’s currently no gamemode where Guardian isn’t necessary ortop tier.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

PVE most used class?

Kaiyanwan.8521

Highest HP
Highest toughness
Highest armor
Highest mobility
Highest damage
Highest weapon swap time

All at the same time.

Fixed that for you.

Well let’s see:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hp

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Healing_Signet

PVE most used class?

Flissy.4093

Highest HP
Highest toughness
Highest armor
Highest mobility
Highest damage
Highest weapon swap time

All at the same time.

Fixed that for you.

Well let’s see:

Necromancers have more. Death Shroud is a second health bar – granted its not a fat lot more than that, the skills are atrocious.

Light Up the Darkness

PVE most used class?

Kaiyanwan.8521

Death shroud has no health bar, it is a class mechanic. You can not heal in DS.
Necros and warrior have the same base health. And necros would like to have a word with you on PvE.

PVE most used class?

Flissy.4093

Death shroud has no health bar, it is a class mechanic.
Necros and warrior have the same base health. And necros would like to have a word with you on PvE.

This class mechanic drains as you get hit, and your health doesn’t go down with each hit. It is essentially a second health bar.

Light Up the Darkness

PVE most used class?

Posted by: hendo.1940

hendo.1940

Highest HP
Highest toughness
Highest armor
Highest mobility
Highest damage
Highest weapon swap time

All at the same time.

It may surprise you, but warriors aren’t the highest DPS at all.

Rezardi – [DnT]
Game over, yo.

PVE most used class?

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Highest HP
Highest toughness
Highest armor
Highest mobility
Highest damage
Highest weapon swap time

All at the same time.

Fixed that for you.

Well let’s see:

Warriors use Healing signet in PvE?

That healing skill is worthless in PvE because mobs hit very hard, which is healing signet weakness. In PvP, many players are afraid of hitting hard and sacrifice damage for survivability which makes Healing signet strong.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

PVE most used class?

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

While I have nine 80th level characters and enjoy different aspects of each of them, the vast majority of my play is divided between a Support Warrior (sword + horn/longbow with regen-Banners), a walking cloud of AoE buffs called a Guardian (Sword + Shield/Staff with Empowering Might, Inspired Virtue, and Battle Presence), and a Ranger (Axe + Horn/Shortbow and whatever useless Utilities/Trait I’m puttering with that week).

The Warrior is Easy-Mode but fun to PUG with because it makes everyone near them easy-mode too. Handy for dungeons. My Guardian has a commander’s tag so I use them when I want to direct traffic in WvW or zerg-based content. My Ranger is just for chilling out in zergs, because Ranger’s Axe #1 auto-attack is absurdly good at tagging everything.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

PVE most used class?

Flissy.4093

That healing skill is worthless in PvE because mobs hit very hard, which is healing signet weakness. In PvP, many players are afraid of hitting hard and sacrifice damage for survivability which makes Healing signet strong.

Yes. It’s the highest HPS (debatable dependant on how well you’d use Defiant).

You dodge the harder hitting ones. The little ticks of damage you can’t avoid and the little conditions Healing Signet deals with.

Signet is an amazing way to keep yourself above 90% HP for Scholar runes

The Warrior is Easy-Mode but fun to PUG with because it makes everyone near them easy-mode too.

A correctly traited Guardian is better for that. You can carry with reflections and well timed Aegis’. Also perma prot if you opt for a Hammer build.

Light Up the Darkness

PVE most used class?

hendo.1940

Highest HP
Highest toughness
Highest armor
Highest mobility
Highest damage
Highest weapon swap time

All at the same time.

Fixed that for you.

Well let’s see:

Except … healing signet is incredible for PvE. In fights where you just mitigate damage through dodge and blocks … well it’s just there, and for fights with hard hitting mobs, it gives you plenty of sustain. Look at pretty much any Lupicus solo, all warriors use healing signet. The great thing about it in that fight is if you get hit, it will heal you up like 6k hp before his next major attack, and considering lupine blasts hit for like 8k each, it’s a massive increase in survivability rather than healing surge which is just a small burst heal.

Rezardi – [DnT]
Game over, yo.

PVE most used class?

Flissy.4093

Except … healing signet is incredible for PvE. In fights where you just mitigate damage through dodge and blocks … well it’s just there, and for fights with hard hitting mobs, it gives you plenty of sustain. Look at pretty much any Lupicus solo, all warriors use healing signet. The great thing about it in that fight is if you get hit, it will heal you up like 6k hp before his next major attack, and considering lupine blasts hit for like 8k each, it’s a massive increase in survivability rather than healing surge which is just a small burst heal.

I actually use Defiant for Lupi solos. Its a full heal on him (especially if used on P2 AOE or P3 Drink/Flight), not to mention that you can continue DPSing instead of dodging.

Light Up the Darkness

PVE most used class?

Posted by: xsquared.1926

xsquared.1926

Highest HP
Highest toughness
Highest armor
Highest mobility
Highest damage
Highest weapon swap time

All at the same time.

Highest HP – On par with necro. (Considering necros aren’t really viable in PvE i’ll give you that one)
Highest Toughness – On par with guardian
Highest Armor – Same as toughness.
Highest Mobility – FGS ele outruns a warrior. Outside of that they have the highest landspeed, yes.
Highest Damage – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnPui3MAx8Q Eles outDPS warriors by far in any given scenario. Warriors are just there to provide banners.
Highest Condition removal. – I think ele takes that title thanks to Ether Renewal.
Highest Weapon swap time – I think you mean lowest, but correct.
Highest Healing without healing – Correct.

At the moment warriors are in a good spot. They certainly don’t provide the highest damage but still are a great addition thanks to the banners they provide. Without those warriors would probably be irrelevant.

Master Ruseman. Lv80 Mesmer 10/20/0/25/15
Boon Dispenser. Lv80 Guardian 15/25/0/20/10 Boom Dispenser – Lv80 Engineer 30/30/0/10/0
Chuck Thunderstruck – Lv 80 Ele 30/10/10/10/10

PVE most used class?

Nike.2631

The Warrior is Easy-Mode but fun to PUG with because it makes everyone near them easy-mode too.

A correctly traited Guardian is better for that. You can carry with reflections and well timed Aegis’. Also perma prot if you opt for a Hammer build.

Eh, both of them are set up for it, but I enjoy the difference too. I despise Guardian’s Scepter but like Warrior Longbow, so for fights where ranged combat is more appropriate for my reflex-speed, the Warrior is a little less stressful.

PVE most used class?

Flissy.4093

Signet of Malice.

Light Up the Darkness

PVE most used class?

runeblade.7514

Yes. It’s the highest HPS (debatable dependant on how well you’d use Defiant).

You dodge the harder hitting ones. The little ticks of damage you can’t avoid and the little conditions Healing Signet deals with.

Signet is an amazing way to keep yourself above 90% HP for Scholar runes

So in other words, healing signet is best when warriors are not taking hits at all. Okay.

Those little ticks of damage, usual dungeon mobs hits around 1.5k damage each hit. Add them up over time and it’ll hurt just as much as one very hard hit. Healing signet cannot recover that much with 392 hp/s.

(edited by runeblade.7514)

PVE most used class?

Nike.2631

Highest Mobility – FGS ele outruns a warrior. Outside of that they have the highest landspeed, yes.

Are thieves allowed to come to this particular chest-beating match? Because they’d like a word…

I believe Rangers can substantially top this value if we’re just counting passive effects… but what they have to give up to do it cripples their other options and effectiveness.

PVE most used class?

Posted by: xsquared.1926

xsquared.1926

Are thieves allowed to come to this particular chest-beating match? Because they’d like a word…

I believe Rangers can substantially top this value if we’re just counting passive effects… but what they have to give up to do it cripples their other options and effectiveness.

Well, if we count in spirit of Nature (The elite thing) Then rangers will definetly pull ahead of any other class. This skill is AoE though, and if it applies to a warrior then the warrior will still pull ahead of rangers.

As for thieves outmanouvering a FGS ele, i’m not too sure about that one. The whirl and rush are on a very low cooldown and cover more distance than the warrior counterparts.

Master Ruseman. Lv80 Mesmer 10/20/0/25/15
Boon Dispenser. Lv80 Guardian 15/25/0/20/10 Boom Dispenser – Lv80 Engineer 30/30/0/10/0
Chuck Thunderstruck – Lv 80 Ele 30/10/10/10/10

PVE most used class?

hendo.1940

I actually use Defiant for Lupi solos. Its a full heal on him (especially if used on P2 AOE or P3 Drink/Flight), not to mention that you can continue DPSing instead of dodging.

Then you’re missing out on +40 precision from deep strikes, and if you dodge on his circle then you’ll hit him with two reckless dodges anyway. Defiant stance requires timing to use but heal sig is just passively keeping your HP up making it easier to maintain scholar runes in case of unlucky stray projectiles hitting you or a badly timed dodge on his life suck (this one catches me out a lot since I have a bit of delay).

So in other words, healing signet is best when warriors are not taking hits at all. Okay.

Well I guess my post mentioning Lupicus just doesn’t exist then. Use healing signet in Arah, it’s godly.

Rezardi – [DnT]
Game over, yo.

PVE most used class?

Flissy.4093

Then you’re missing out on +40 precision from deep strikes, and if you dodge on his circle then you’ll hit him with two reckless dodges anyway. Defiant stance requires timing to use but heal sig is just passively keeping your HP up making it easier to maintain scholar runes in case of unlucky stray projectiles hitting you or a badly timed dodge on his life suck (this one catches me out a lot since I have a bit of delay).

Well I guess my post mentioning Lupicus just doesn’t exist then. Use healing signet in Arah, it’s godly.

I don’t use Deep Strikes. Reckless Dodge isn’t worth the DPS different. Cast time yes, but it also heals more. I believe Defiant is more DPS on Lupi.

Not to mention, sometimes you don’t need a heal at all as you can easily avoid all of Lupi’s damage. And if you do get hit, it’s a strong hit so you want to get that back up, which you can do by tanking the next hit with defiant while DPSing.

Light Up the Darkness

PVE most used class?

runeblade.7514

Wrong. Healing signet does not give enough sustain to protect you from hard hitting mobs.

The terrible weakness of healing signet is that when you need a burst healing most, it is not there for you.

Healing signet is no good for survivability. Maybe in a 30/30/30/30/30 build it could be good.

PVE most used class?

Flissy.4093

Wrong. Healing signet does not give enough sustain to protect you from hard hitting mobs.

The hard hitting attacks are always highly telegraphed – thus easily dodgeable.

Light Up the Darkness

PVE most used class?

hendo.1940

I don’t use Deep Strikes. Reckless Dodge isn’t worth the DPS different. Cast time yes, but it also heals more. I believe Defiant is more DPS on Lupi.

What are you using instead then? The stock Lupicus solo traits in arms are Deep Strike and Forceful Greatsword. Reckless dodge actually hits quite hard and against Lupicus the most damage youll probably be taking are either 8k blasts or 4k life suck ticks if you miss a dodge which healing sig can outheal quickly. If you believe it’s more DPS though, feel free to challenge the 4:09 record.

Not to mention, sometimes you don’t need a heal at all as you can easily avoid all of Lupi’s damage. And if you do get hit, it’s a strong hit so you want to get that back up, which you can do by tanking the next hit with defiant while DPSing.

If you don’t need the heal you can just use the 40+ precision, and if you do get hit by a projectile you’re getting your scholar rune buff again in about ~20 seconds.

The terrible weakness of healing signet is that when you need a burst healing most, it is not there for you.

I do Arah both in organised groups and pug it daily. I can assure you, healing signet will give you the sustain to out heal hard hitting mobs.

Rezardi – [DnT]
Game over, yo.

PVE most used class?

Flissy.4093

If you don’t need the heal you can just use the 40+ precision, and if you do get hit by a projectile you’re getting your scholar rune buff again in about ~20 seconds.

As opposed to almost instantly? Sure convinced me there. And I use Rending Strikes. I’m not sure on the maths, but I think the vuln is better than 40 precision.

Light Up the Darkness

PVE most used class?

Posted by: knives.6345

knives.6345

God.. people are forgetting the main topic… The most used class on PvE…

It’s Warrior. Whatever the reason, they may not have the highest dps, they may not have the highest HP, they are the easiest and most forgiving class to use..

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

PVE most used class?

Posted by: Clumsy.6257

Clumsy.6257

http://www.gamestatistics.fr/Guild%20Wars%202%20survey%202013_Full%20Report.pdf

For all those that think warrior is the most popular, your wrong. That url is to a survey done by gamestatistics.fr and if you scroll down towards the bottom you can see the class percentages. The most played is guardian at 18% and tied for second place are warrior and elementalist.
edit: That link downloads a pdf of the survey.

PVE most used class?

Flissy.4093

For all those that think warrior is the most popular, your wrong. That url is to a survey done by gamestatistics.fr and if you scroll down towards the bottom you can see the class percentages. The most played is guardian at 18% and tied for second place are warrior and elementalist.

Alternatively we can go by figures ArenaNet posted themselves by looking here. Note that both sources are just general gameplay – not specifically PvE (Dungeons).

Light Up the Darkness

PVE most used class?

Clumsy.6257

Alternatively we can go by figures ArenaNet posted themselves by looking here. Note that both sources are just general gameplay – not specifically PvE (Dungeons).

That was posted over half a year ago. This survey is fairly recent.

PVE most used class?

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

Not suprising that Guardians are the most used class in PvE since they are the best class for PvE. Dungeon and Fractal groups don’t fall apart because they lack a good warrior. They fall apart because they lack a good Guardian. When it comes to farming events and stuff, nothing beats a Guardians staff.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

PVE most used class?

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

Not suprising that Guardians are the most used class in PvE since they are the best class for PvE. Dungeon and Fractal groups don’t fall apart because they lack a good warrior. They fall apart because they lack a good Guardian. When it comes to farming events and stuff, nothing beats a Guardians staff.

This is true :P

PVE most used class?

hendo.1940

I agree, that time when I pugged Arah p2 and solo’d the abomination, Lupicus and most of Brie was clearly thanks to the newbie guardian.

Rezardi – [DnT]
Game over, yo.

PVE most used class?

Posted by: ATMAvatar.5749

ATMAvatar.5749

The survey data is about most appreciated class, not about most played. One would hope that the two are strongly-correlated, but they are still different data sets.

PVE most used class?

Posted by: Alucardrx.8930

Alucardrx.8930

So as im reinstalling the game after almost 2 years nothing changed? Warrior is still the only class that isn’t weak in PVE?

Oh well, guess ill play Mesmer and Necro for fun only.

PVE most used class?

Clumsy.6257

So as im reinstalling the game after almost 2 years nothing changed? Warrior is still the only class that isn’t weak in PVE?

Warriors are very weak in PvE. It has close to bottom tier damage. Most experienced groups have a max of 1 warrior for banners. The only positive side is that warrior is absurdly easy to play. Thats why pugs love them. A mediocre warrior will be better than any other class played by mediocre players.

PVE most used class?

Posted by: Dark Catalyst.1028

Dark Catalyst.1028

Honestly, don’t bother. There is nothing new or compelling in GW2 other than the new AP and achievement grind you get once in a while with the Living Story.

PVE most used class?

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

Highest HP
Highest toughness
Highest armor
Highest mobility
Highest damage
Highest weapon swap time

All at the same time.

Fixed that for you.

Well let’s see:

Necromancers have more. Death Shroud is a second health bar – granted its not a fat lot more than that, the skills are atrocious.

obvious warrior player is obvious. should i list off how one sided a warrior fighting a necromancer usually is? oh right pve thread. uhhhhhhh brb healing signet. brb 100b.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

PVE most used class?

Posted by: baseking.7926

baseking.7926

Warriors, they the most powerful class in gw2

PVE most used class?

Posted by: Zimlobo.3962

Zimlobo.3962

I’ve made my way through all the classes and have just now arrived at Warrior. I must say, as a super casual PvE player Warrior is a lot of fun. Is Warrior the most used class? Hard to say

PVE most used class?

Posted by: TChalla.7146

TChalla.7146

I started playing in October of last year, and I’ve been on these boards daily. I can tell you that it is common to hear warrior and guardian are the best PvE classes.

PVE most used class?

Flissy.4093

obvious warrior player is obvious. should i list off how one sided a warrior fighting a necromancer usually is? oh right pve thread. uhhhhhhh brb healing signet. brb 100b.

Well done, you can read my signature. Note that I smack talked Warriors earlier in the thread – the only thing they are good for in a group is banners. Everywhere else other classes beat Warrior.

Light Up the Darkness

PVE most used class?

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

The survey data is from like September

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

PVE most used class?

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

OP here.
Ty all for u answers… Guess, after all this months evry one has a guard or warr, so my question is: which class are YOU playing the most.

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

PVE most used class?

Posted by: in for blood.5670

in for blood.5670

I had never stuck with a Warrior class until this game was launched.
They put me to sleep, and I saw no point in playing them.

Now, in this game, my Warrior is my main. Does that tell you much?

PVE most used class?

Posted by: WilliCalifornia.1837

WilliCalifornia.1837

Highest HP
Highest toughness
Highest armor
Highest mobility
Highest damage
Highest weapon swap time

All at the same time.

Highest HP – On par with necro. (Considering necros aren’t really viable in PvE i’ll give you that one)
Highest Damage – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnPui3MAx8Q Eles outDPS warriors by far in any given scenario.
Warriors are just there to provide banners.
Highest Condition removal. – I think ele takes that title thanks to Ether Renewal.

At the moment warriors are in a good spot. They certainly don’t provide the highest damage but still are a great addition thanks to the banners they provide. Without those warriors would probably be irrelevant.

((BUT do they have high hp like a warrior?, toughness like a warrior? high dps at the same time beefy and leveling with ease unlike ele?. THAT’S RIGHT WARRIOR OP!)) tHOSE Dungeons “warriors only” in description, is the reason why they’re op.

PVE most used class?

Posted by: Giotto.2607

Giotto.2607

Highest HP
Highest toughness
Highest armor
Highest mobility
Highest damage
Highest weapon swap time

All at the same time.

Highest Damage – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnPui3MAx8Q Eles outDPS warriors by far in any given scenario. Warriors are just there to provide banners.

This video is funny!!!
So it is the Ele killed the boss, not the 3 Wars and the Mesmer!!!
The ele in that video only did a flame+blast stack might, staff fire 3+5, icebow 5, so it’s the ele killed the boss, biggest joke ever heard.

(edited by Giotto.2607)

PVE most used class?

Posted by: Spiuk.8421

Spiuk.8421

Everyone knows thief is the best PvE class because dredge fractal.

Guardian is a close second because lolwaveofwrath is king @ Zerg Wars 2.

Rubios – Tales of the Sunless [TXS]