PVP Tournament, Advertisments and information

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: macon.4065

macon.4065

I was wondering if their is anyway to turn off the PVP tournament information and updates about that particular aspect of the game. I personally don’t do it and could care less who wins. Thanks

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Unfortunately there is no way to turn it off.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Posted by: Amaya.1483

Amaya.1483

To be fair here, E-Sport is basically Advertisement, eventhough I think It is the worst Part of GW2. I still kinda enjoy it, so just to get a Idea of how great the Game is besides that.

macon.4065

So let me just get this straight we have to listen to PVP content that sucks, about groups we could careless about, doing something we think should be take in a field and buried. Makes sense to me.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

What advertisement? The thing on the top right corner? It barely takes up any space.

macon.4065

I am referring to when you first log in about Twitch and the highlights of the tournament’s that are communications space filler. Like I could careless three teams from NA is about to meet three Teams from EU. Its pointless advertising to someone who could careless. I’d rather hear about what the guilds that do in the PVE area I play in the most are doing.

Posted by: interloper.6892

interloper.6892

Its a constant reminder anet are wasting the marketing budget on a tournament even PVP players don’t care about…

Ayrilana.1396

Its a constant reminder anet are wasting the marketing budget on a tournament even PVP players don’t care about…

You have a source for that? I don’t recall a poll being sent out to anyone.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I am referring to when you first log in about Twitch and the highlights of the tournament’s that are communications space filler. Like I could careless three teams from NA is about to meet three Teams from EU. Its pointless advertising to someone who could careless. I’d rather hear about what the guilds that do in the PVE area I play in the most are doing.

You could always bypass that part of the log-in process during Tournaments. (This one is over now, anyway.)

Good luck.

(edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234)

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

You’re seriously complaining about a very short line of text that is easily ignored?

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I think the fact that there are 3 million GW2 players yet only like 5k people watch the world tournament PvP match and only like 500 people even participated in it is a good starting point…

Posted by: nsleep.7839

nsleep.7839

I think the fact that there are 3 million GW2 players yet only like 5k people watch the world tournament PvP match and only like 500 people even participated in it is a good starting point…

5k? You’re being quite generous here, and even if the numbers reach 5k, from the chat activity I wonder if there is actual engagement with the competition.

The game sucks to watch, there are too many rotations and action happening all over the map, with an endless spam of skills where even if you’re used to playing matches aren’t pretty to watch just as a viewer.

Ayrilana.1396

We’re talking about PvP players and not the entire GW2 population.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Other than the single line in the list of events and stuff on the side of the screen (which is easy to ignore since it’s buried in a mess of other text) I actually haven’t noticed anything.

I’m guessing therefore this is something they put on the launcher. In which case the easy solution is to turn on auto-play, then you don’t even need to look at the launcher after putting your username and/or password in.

I play in windowed mode too, so what I usually do is open the launcher, put my password in and then go staight back to checking my emails or the forum or whatever until the game has loaded.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”