PVP newbie question

PVP newbie question

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: vpy.6183

vpy.6183

I stay in Sydney and I have chosen Sea of Sorrows server.
Is this a PVP server or PVE server ?
I am not a PVPer as such I would refrain from playing on a pvp realm where other players can kill you wantonly.
I know this sounds like a frivolous question but I am not able to find answer to this

PVP newbie question

Posted by: Turamarth.3248

Turamarth.3248

There are no pvp servers.

Brandar – Kodash [DE]
[SPQR]

PVP newbie question

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

There are no pvp servers.

Or, conversely they are all PvP servers

but only if you choose to visit the PvP areas.

There is no random world PvP in the PvE zones in GW2.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

PVP newbie question

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

Every server has access to PvE, WvW, and PvP.

There is no difference between the serves (except in population, but that only affects WvW).

PVP newbie question

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

We don’t have open world PvP; nobody is going to kill you wantonly. PvE is not server-dependent, aside from NA and EU being separated. PvP requires you to queue a match or go into an arena voluntarily. WvW is server-specific, and the only place you might be killed if just running around, but again you would be going into the map voluntarily.

PVP newbie question

Posted by: ITheNormalPerson.9275

ITheNormalPerson.9275

The only thing server will affect is your WvW, since that’s server vs server. (and if you’re looking for open world pvp, that’d probably be the place to be)

Sea of Sorrows is currently T2 in NA, which means you’ll have quite a decent amount of players in there.

Druid main, 80 on all, Legendary ranked, Eternal and all that jazz (I go by Feyris in game)