Pace of new content - TOO FAST

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Daddicus.6128

Daddicus.6128

I’m probably in the minority, but I simply despise new content coming every two weeks. I didn’t even like when they were monthly changes, but at least I could kind of keep up. But, this every other week stuff is garbage.

I barely have time to get even some of the achievements, and certainly no time at all to spend the trophies I collected. And then, poof, they’re gone, along with any possible method of using them. And I have 3 more slots filled with what is probably garbage (but I can never know whether that’s true or not, can I?).

SLOW DOWN! Or at least slow down the endings. Giving us only 2 weeks to complete two whole achievement categories is absurd. It’s simply not fun any more.

Don’t get me wrong: The content is great. You guys are doing a marvelous job at content-creation. But, there’s simply no way to enjoy going through it all. I like to savor my games. I want to play some things more than once, to see what I missed. But, when there’s only 2 weeks to get it done and it takes the whole 2 weeks, there’s no room for savoring the game. Heck, some day I even want to try out PvP. But, at the pace new content comes out, there’s no chance.

Posted by: Hrithmus.2583

Hrithmus.2583

I agree with this 100%. I work about 48+ hours per week and i have just enough time to finish 1/2 Achievement categories. I have like no time to try anything else since the content will be gone FOREVER since it’s never permanent. I really liked this game but the past year the decisions have been god awful and different then what i expected. I may give the game another month but if i feel like im falling behind i simply just will stop playing.

I was able to keep up and i loved it but now i feel like im the turtle in a rabbit race

Posted by: Rhysati.4932

Rhysati.4932

The problem isn’t the pace of new content…it’s that this isn’t content. They are events. Nothing more.

Content is stuff that stays in the game. We need more actual content instead of all these little temporary events. Like you guys, I don’t have the time or desire to rush to get all these achievements, so I’ve stopped playing altogether. I’ll come back to actually play again when there are new things for me to actually do.

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

I agree but for another reason.
They go so fast that they can’t quality control their updates correctly. Every single time there’s something that’s screwed up. And since 2-4 weeks later it’s gonna be gone, they don’t even take the time to fix their shlt.

Posted by: Spiral Architect.6540

Spiral Architect.6540

So far, I agree with every post in this thread.

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

So far, I agree with every post in this thread.

Including yours, I agree with every post as well.

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

Personally I would rather see ANet filling in the blanks of the map instead of all this temporary content getting shoved down our throats every two weeks. Living Story is nice and all, but it doesn’t make me feel like I’m in a living breathing world. It more feels that I have to race through everything because in two weeks it will be replaced by something else. There is no consistency and we’re just rushing from one set of achievements to the next.

What I wouldn’t give to finally go through that door in Ebonhawke and explore the Crystal Desert. Or check out that fort with extremely powerful bandits in Brisban Wildlands. Or visit the Ring of Fire, just to knock on the Door of Komalie.

There are just so many closed off sections that feel like they were meant to be visited.

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

Posted by: warblah.6543

warblah.6543

Absolutely agree with OP on this one. While I do appreciate the efforts they are putting in, it’s very stressful for people with a normal working life to try to completely all those achievement within the limited time frame.

Posted by: Daddicus.6128

Daddicus.6128

Wow, I seem to have touched a nerve.

Well, maybe they’ll see it and correct things.

From what I see, they need a few things absolutely:

First, slower content-ending stuff. In other words, go ahead and start them as often as you like (although I recommend less often), but allow us to at least follow the content through before throwing them into the furnace.

I couldn’t get both achievements for the election because there simply wasn’t enough time; I had started later in the cycle. So, by the time I realized there was limited time, there weren’t enough days left to finish.

Besides, who ever heard of a congressional election lasting only a month?

Second, let us know if the loot that was special to that content period will become worthless or not. How many of you have stacks of candy canes, but no way to spend them? Sure, we could have recipes that use them. But, those recipes were only available during the Halloween content changes.

I’m glad that my leftover gaming tokens will get put to use. But, I’m saddened to know that the other loot I received last time WOULD BE useful, if I hadn’t purged them. :p

Finally, find ways to get us interested in the actual storylines. I had absolutely no time to study the storylines of the Lion’s Arch stuff, because I couldn’t even keep up with the missions. That stuff would have been very interesting, but we were never given the chance.

Posted by: Arpheus.6918

Arpheus.6918

I have to agree. It’s a great performance from AreaNet to offer new content every two weeks but it becomes a rush for achievements and trying to play the content. I have lots of free time to play the game but even then it’s hard to complete the achievements. I didn’t even do all of them just the ones I liked and which were not taking too much time effort.
Now imagine someone has only a few hours a day/week. He will never be able to keep up. And the worst thing is that you feel like you miss something and you don’t have the time to enjoy the content. Everything feels a bit like you are in a permanent hurry.

My suggestion is to make the achievements alot less time consuming to complete. This time it was like at least 30 hours to complete the achievements. Not many have the time for that. To get the 13 invasions it would take at least 13 hours but I did like 30 invasions until I finally was lucky that I got every map. Thats 30 hours. A casual player can never achieve that. The baloon thing, I simply didn’t even try to do that. That would probably have taken another 10+ hours.
I guess you want to give everyone something to do but I think if it took us only max 5 hours per two weeks to complete at least the achievements we could enjoy the new content alot more and we could also play the parts of the game that we love.

I’m a WvW player but these two weeks I played like 10 hours of WvW while being in PvE for 30+ hours. I didn’t want to do it but I felt like I had to because I would have missed insane amounts of loot and tons of achievement points.

The other thing is please don’t make any events which give so much loot. Giving so much loot means everyone has to do that content if he wants to benefit the most. I wasn’t able to do WvW because the loot was just insane and because it took forever to get the achievements.
I would really welcome it if there was more space for us to enjoy the game by making new content last for one month and making the achievements solvable also for casual players who play only 5 hours per week.

Posted by: Chickenshoes.6250

Chickenshoes.6250

The content is great but it’s too fast. I leave to go play Saints Row IV for a few days and I come back and finish Clockwork Chaos by the skin of my teeth, Literally a couple hours from the reset on the 3rd.

Slow it down kitten plz ty. You don’t have to change it or jump through some other convoluted hoops, just make the events last longer. I know Anet pumps out a lot of content which is coming out end-to-end lately, but I don’t see why it can’t overlap.

Posted by: Memnoch.2589

Memnoch.2589

I think the main problem is they keep taking away content, why not keep the content they added, I hate this, give content then take it away bs, is there anything ever permanent added to the game?

Posted by: lockheedlight.5910

lockheedlight.5910

I think the main problem is they keep taking away content, why not keep the content they added, I hate this, give content then take it away bs, is there anything ever permanent added to the game?

I’m with this guy. The problem is content is taken away. It feels like I have to force myself to do it the second content appear cause I will not get a chance to do it when I feel like it. Instead of being able to say “hey, I feel like pvping all day today”, I am forced to run the dungeon/event/quest of the week first. Sometimes I finish it early on, then i ignore it for the rest of the 2 weeks due to being annoyed for feeling like I had to do it when I felt like WvW or boss hunting. I miss back when this game first began and it felt like I had time to explore and “stop to smell the roses”. I play things in spurts and then switch back to another thing. For instance, I would like to do southsun run activity when its up, but I always feel too “busy” to spend my game time doing what I feel like doing. I don’t see why content (like SAB for example) must be brought out, hyped to death, and then sealed tightly away in a box for months. Missed getting the SAB skins? Too bad! They are gone (I got them all last time, this is just an example). You must rush, rush, rush. How dare you get to choose how you want to spend your time.
On one hand, I guess if stuff stayed around, they might have to deal with complaints with people saying they are now bored of said content, but then, why are current dungeons not taken out? Why can’t players decide what content they want to spend their time on and get bored of doing (if they get bored of it at all)?

Posted by: Reesha.7901

Reesha.7901

I agree as well.
I really like the content they are releasing, but if I want to enjoy it and get the achievements connected to it, I find it difficult to find time to enjoy other areas of the game.

I would like to do pvp (but since it’s not going anywhere I choose not to do it.)
I would like to do dungeons (but since they are not going anywhere either, I choose not to do them.)

Even though no one is forcing me to participate and even though I am enjoying the new content, I do think the pace of it makes me neglect other areas of the game.

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

I just wish SAB was permanent

Posted by: squirrelzilla.5809

squirrelzilla.5809

I like the frequent updates. For me it means if there’s any content I don’t care for, all I have to do is wait a couple of weeks and boom, new stuff to do.

I also like events that rain loot. I find it odd that this is something people complain about. If you want to do content that others aren’t naturally doing, then rally a bunch of people to go do it with you.

Don’t take away mah loots!

Luna Wildbark [FOOL] on Crystal Desert

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

This. I too would like to finish each and every Meta Achievement in my own pace just how like Personal Story is tackled. However they come and go so fast, I’m either rushing to finish them without taking time to let them sink in or I’ll just let them pass. It’s just sad.

I’m not saying I don’t want content, I just don’t like how they give and take it out so fast.

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

Posted by: Chickenshoes.6250

Chickenshoes.6250

I just wish SAB was permanent

Me too, but I think the point behind limited-time content is that it gets people to come back often lest they miss out on it. If people are gone long enough from something, they sometimes forget to go back.

I still want it to last longer though.

Posted by: Cormac.3871

Cormac.3871

I remember in January when the first Flame and Frost update came out and most people completed it within a couple of hours, then we had to wait a month for new content. That was too slow. If Flame and Frost had been two weeks between updates, but kept the dungeon for a month that would have been fine with me. I like the latest content, but agree it was too much for the time-span allotted. Smaller updates every two weeks would be good, but new dungeons should last at least a month, especially if they have good replay value like Molten Foundry.

Posted by: TexRob.5183

TexRob.5183

I agree with the OP, love the content, but you guys are doing too good of a job anet, pace yourselves! I do not agree that it should all stay though. The problem with it staying is that then there is too much content, so then none of it succeeds. Some static content works, but look at Queen’s Jubilee, good luck finding someone in there once chaos started. I think rotating it is good. I think a month is better, doesn’t have to be set in stone, but a month on average makes more sense to me.

Tex Rob 80 War [RICH] GoM

Posted by: Glenstorm.4059

Glenstorm.4059

Personally I would rather see ANet filling in the blanks of the map instead of all this temporary content getting shoved down our throats every two weeks. Living Story is nice and all, but it doesn’t make me feel like I’m in a living breathing world. It more feels that I have to race through everything because in two weeks it will be replaced by something else. There is no consistency and we’re just rushing from one set of achievements to the next.

What I wouldn’t give to finally go through that door in Ebonhawke and explore the Crystal Desert. Or check out that fort with extremely powerful bandits in Brisban Wildlands. Or visit the Ring of Fire, just to knock on the Door of Komalie.

There are just so many closed off sections that feel like they were meant to be visited.

I love the way you worded your post

What about the Wizard’s Castle in Garrenhoff? Now that is a ripe location for a very intriguing plotline leading up to a dungeon.

Fear the might of SHATTERSTONE.

Posted by: PetricaKerempuh.7958

PetricaKerempuh.7958

lets not forget that other parts of the game are suffering.

either i skip new stuff or i skip wvw (dungeons) or whatever else im enjoying.

Posted by: Shain Nobudy.8107

Shain Nobudy.8107

I have to drop in my toughts on this
ArenaNet after finishing the in my opinion best living story being Flame and Frost
that was 3 months long and every one had time to get they’re rewards titles and even play the original content of the game like personals story exploring the maps or even just fool around whit buddies .
Then the living story went to 1 month each gave us one great the Secret of Shoutshun.
Then ArenaNet decided to take some wonder drug and amp up they’re work to light speed . The negatives of the speed of the content being produced major updates still are just once a month the second update in the month can go by as patch work but it seems major because the speed you have to complete the tasks is to rough and the longer this goes the more difficult the content is.
Writing on some of them reminds me of the writing a trained personal assistant monkey does.
From the two week event period only one i can praise in my personal opinion was Bazaar of the four winds the rest is more or less rushed garbage
There is to much to do whit to little time this game became a monster a time eating monster that kills causal play and it is totally hostile towards new players
I asking my self how could this be done by any one who joined a few weeks ago and is lvl 40 on his first character referring to Chaos clock work or how can this be completed in two weeks by some one who can only play 2 hours a day ?
The invasions took 45 minutes and were so randomly cycled some of them did not show up day or two .
And we are all somewhat greedy so we want to play the most rewarding content .
and sadly this is the way ArenaNet is luring us in to this ever time killing content that is just rewarding us whit shinnies and we like skritt follow them .
Why would you be doing temple events when there is no one doing them whit why would you go explore empty maps why would you play personal story when there is no one to play whit ?
Closing thoughts :
1. ArenaNet needs to slow down
2. The new content has to be Casual player friendly ,
3. The new content has to be Beginner player friendly
4. We want time to play original game content too
5. Stop adding new quality items “Ascended” to the game cause it ruins the purpose of Exotics and kills crafting and makes dungeons purposeless
6. Fix Bugs
7. Fix Bugs
8. Test the patched before release ( I don’t want to loose progress on monthly cause you decided to mess up )
9. Give the writers more to write ( Scarlet is dumb written cause it is so rushed ! And if you are lazy then just say the villain is evil cause he is evil ! it is more believable )
10. Fix the Armors and gear so it fits the races ( Sick and tired that all armor expect of the cultural is fit only to human ! To many tails and ears and horns were cut of by lazy design )
11. Fix Bugs
12. Guild content make it friendly to small guild even when it will be less rewarding ( your decision made small and friendly guilds pointless )
13. We want the world to expand permanent
14. And Quit driving gems up the sky heights not every one playing this game can afford to buy gem cards or gems by money
15. Make living story and original game content equivalently rewarding
16. Fix Bugs
17. For love of guild wars optimize Lions arch ( even whit some high end PCs it still lags )
18. Listen to the feed bag
19. Quit bribing gamer pages to praise you to the heavenly skies
20. Listen to the feed bag
21. Fix bugs faster

I am sorry for my English grammar
And if you going to delete this post i am taking screen shots

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I’m with this guy. The problem is content is taken away. It feels like I have to force myself to do it the second content appear cause I will not get a chance to do it when I feel like it. Instead of being able to say “hey, I feel like pvping all day today”, I am forced to run the dungeon/event/quest of the week first. Sometimes I finish it early on, then i ignore it for the rest of the 2 weeks due to being annoyed for feeling like I had to do it when I felt like WvW or boss hunting. I miss back when this game first began and it felt like I had time to explore and “stop to smell the roses”. I play things in spurts and then switch back to another thing. For instance, I would like to do southsun run activity when its up, but I always feel too “busy” to spend my game time doing what I feel like doing. I don’t see why content (like SAB for example) must be brought out, hyped to death, and then sealed tightly away in a box for months. Missed getting the SAB skins? Too bad! They are gone (I got them all last time, this is just an example). You must rush, rush, rush. How dare you get to choose how you want to spend your time.
On one hand, I guess if stuff stayed around, they might have to deal with complaints with people saying they are now bored of said content, but then, why are current dungeons not taken out? Why can’t players decide what content they want to spend their time on and get bored of doing (if they get bored of it at all)?

This, so much this.
I hate feeling rushed- I have enjoyed the Living Story mostly but it goes by in such a flurry that it just leaves me with a feeling of wait? what? and then there is a new list….

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Mungrul.9358

Mungrul.9358

I’ve stopped playing because I felt like a rat in a maze.

Unless I was dedicating my life to this game, I would fall behind.
The introduction of even MORE time-gated content in the form of ascended crafting has made me resent the game even more.
Unless I’m logging in EVERY DAY, I’ll fall behind everyone else on attaining the materials necessary for ascended crafting.

So I finally realised that ArenaNet has become nothing more than a pusher that is treating its customers like junkies, and I just stopped.

The first step in addressing a problem is realising you have one.

Of course, because I’m now falling behind everyone else, it cements the idea that I’ll never return. Time-gated content puts those with more important things to do, like living a life, at a disadvantage.

Another thing I’ll outline here so that it’s written down somewhere:
This stuff wouldn’t be so bad if you only had to do it once.
But as they’re working to a punishing 2 week release cycle, instead of making quality content that takes some time to complete and doesn’t repeat, they have to instead release lots of insignificant activities that last all of 5 minutes and then force the players to repeat them lots of times in order to get the rewards.

Of course, that this stuff is much easier and cheaper to develop is just a bonus. It’s mostly just numbers rather than actual content; some achievement points here, a stat increase there.

It’s all just fluff, and I’ve had enough.

I’ve successfully cut the cancer that is Guild Wars 2 out of my life, and I would encourage others to do the same. All of a sudden your life will get lighter and you’ll realise there are more important things to worry about than your achievement score.

I purposefully stopped playing before SAB2 was released.
The reason?
SAB 1 was probably my favourite release. It was playful, fun and not reliant on the gem store. It was actual content. And I knew that I would probably enjoy SAB 2 just as much. Josh is after all about the only developer I’ve got any time for any more (apart from the tireless and incredible Gaile). So as a test to my resolve, I decided to deprive myself of something good.
And I succeeded.

Please note that due to restrictions placed on my account, I am only allowed 1 post per hour.
Therefore I may take some time replying to you.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Yep. I agree. I’d rather see one month content patches…or even 3 weeks, instead of two weeks. I don’t know how anyone can keep up this pace.

Posted by: Deroy.2457

Deroy.2457

To be fair, most achievements that have accompanied the bi-weekly updated have been obtainable on patch day after about 4-5 hours of play.

Posted by: offence.4726

offence.4726

Yes im starting to feel like this aswell , once month was alright but now it’s just too much and you really cant enjoy the game without rushing the new content…

play hard , go pro.

Vayne.8563

To be fair, most achievements that have accompanied the bi-weekly updated have been obtainable on patch day after about 4-5 hours of play.

Well, that’s true…until the last patch, when you had to do 13 zone events in different zones. And a lot of people had trouble getting the Gauntlet achievements too.

Also if you don’t run to sites like Dulfy and want to play the content without doing it “efficiently” but actually figure stuff out, some of it could take longer.

Posted by: Deroy.2457

Deroy.2457

Well, that’s true…until the last patch, when you had to do 13 zone events in different zones. And a lot of people had trouble getting the Gauntlet achievements too.

I ignored the zone invasion achievements, but I managed to at least get 7/7.
It’s quite frankly something that shouldn’t have been made achievements because those kind of achievements are not something the player is in control of. The game is.

As for the gauntlet, aside from the arbitrary requirements of tickets it was fine.
Although Liadri’s blind ability was unfair as it’s an example of the game removing immediate control from the player.

Also if you don’t run to sites like Dulfy and want to play the content without doing it “efficiently” but actually figure stuff out, some of it could take longer.

Guild Wars 2 had a tendency to poorly telegraph everything in the game to the player.
So it’s not surprising when players run off to sites like Dulfy.

Posted by: justkoh.4073

justkoh.4073

I agree that new content is being released too fast. I can hardly catch my breath.

Ideally, I’d like Living Story stuff to be released monthly; each just lasting 2 weeks. Give us 2 weeks of ‘normal time’ in between to do things we like (which may not be Living Story related).

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

September does seem to be a kind of “breather month” in that it has SAB (which is permanent content, although it departs and returns periodically) and Tequatl Rising (which presumably is permanent content, since I can’t imagine ANet reverting his rewards/achievements back to the old way after the end of September). If this is true, I’m definitely glad for the break from the breakneck pace that the Living Story has been taking the last few months.

On the whole though, I agree with everyone else in this thread. I’d prefer it if updates got scaled back to once a month, and went at the pace similar to what Flame & Frost originally went on. It gives people time to play at their own pace, do dungeons/fractals, create alts, play WvW, or even just to take a break for a while. The new release schedule is getting players to log in more frequently, but are the players doing so happily? Or is it a case of them doing so grudgingly because they know if they don’t they’ll miss out?

Posted by: Reptile.6583

Reptile.6583

Agree.. I’m loosing lots of sleep trying to get all these acheivments done… I know I don’t have to, and it’s my choice and all… but I’m a bit of a colector.. Last set was the 1st ever acheive I didn’t get.. and that was ‘light up the darkeness’.. Just not worth it, when the normal kill took hours and…. that thing called ‘real people have lag’ and bad sight lines ended up making even that not fun… (the idea was great… but.. yer… nuff said)
OK.. back on topic.. even the time constrains on 13 zones of invasion I almost missed, not becasue I didn’t spend many more then13 hours playing, but because, the time I was on.. there was one zone that refused to be invaded till yesterday! Close one that..
At this speed, if I want to tick all the boxes (and yes, I have been neglecting ‘playing the game’ a bit to do this.. and forget WvW..) it starts to feel more like work.
Still love the game, but I can feel that edge come in. Guess I’ll see what this next set is like.

Posted by: Esya.3427

Esya.3427

I do like events/festivals that are yearly like SAB, as you always have another shot at them again if you missed out. But doing living story that will be gone forever does feel very rushed and sometimes make me enjoy the living story much less than I could. Specially at this high pace. Which is a pity seeing how much effort they put in.

I would like it much more if they focussed on yearly events/festivals, adding content that stays and add quality of life updates like they already do.

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

I am glad Anet keep realesing new content but I must agree its starts be more tiering than fun.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

There was a suggestion in another post of having a break between content patched, maybe a week or two. That might help. We’ve definitely seen ANet extending the period of the events (allowing one event to flow into another), so it seems they’re experimenting at least seeing how to best extend the time without making it too long. Well for all the current problems at least it feel like they’re trying.

Vayne.8563

I ignored the zone invasion achievements, but I managed to at least get 7/7.
It’s quite frankly something that shouldn’t have been made achievements because those kind of achievements are not something the player is in control of. The game is.

As for the gauntlet, aside from the arbitrary requirements of tickets it was fine.
Although Liadri’s blind ability was unfair as it’s an example of the game removing immediate control from the player.

Guild Wars 2 had a tendency to poorly telegraph everything in the game to the player.
So it’s not surprising when players run off to sites like Dulfy.

You should have played Ultima 4. You wouldn’t be saying that. lol

Posted by: jgrzar.3468

jgrzar.3468

+1 to everything.
GW2 is NOT casual-friendly any more.

When last did you have time for:

• Personal Story?
  • Levelling an alt?
  • Just socializing in a town?
  • Do something with your guild?
  • Work towards World Explorer title?

It’s a crazy rush to do content that will disappear forever in a fortnight.
The last event I REALLY tried to participated in was the Winter’s Day one. After that they all just kind of blur into each other in my mind’s eye.

Posted by: Gizmo.8623

Gizmo.8623

For me the problem is not the quantity of the content but the simple fact that for most of the achievements there are only 2 weeks. People are rushing, swarming, reading dullfy how to finish as quickly as possible, because they want their achievement points and then they can farm in peace.
If only ALL of the the achievements or most of them could be obtainable any time, all this would feel better overall, imo.
We will get our new content every 2 weeks, why erase everything before this?
It’s one of the Living World flaws.
I am now leveling alt new and I needed to resign for an hour (a big part of free time I have now to play) to participate in invasion. I didn’t get this achievement (13 invasions on different maps) and now I cannot do it anymore.

Btw. the pace is so fast that even the Queen needed to write on blog to ensure that it will be permanent and ppl will read it. /sarcasm

Posted by: NeyteriKiyeri.4207

NeyteriKiyeri.4207

I agree it goes too fast.
I could complete most of the achievements because I have time to play. But there are new players and ppl who have a job or go to school. They don’t have time to do them all (this round was very time consuming)
I should say: slow the LS circle so ppl can do other stuffs to like exploring etc.
1x LS story update in a month should be enough….

10. Fix the Armors and gear so it fits the races ( Sick and tired that all armor expect of the cultural is fit only to human ! To many tails and ears and horns were cut of by lazy design )
11. Fix Bugs

Agree on this too. I am only playing non human races and most of the armors don’t fit well with clipping and removing ears and horns. and fix the bugs

Follow your heart and your dreams won’t be far behind.

Posted by: Shanaeri Rynale.6897

Shanaeri Rynale.6897

Fortnightly quality of life updates (like no culling, wallet, lfg tool etc) with monthly LS content would be perfect imho.

Guild Leader of DVDF www.dvdf.org.uk since 2005

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

It definitely feels like it goes too fast. Never a chance to relax and look at all that stuff you’ve collected. It just goes in the bank cause the next week you got more new stuff you’ll never use to put in there. lol

Personally I’m exhausted by these updates. And I used to be a person to say I love holidays/events in MMOs, but now I cringe even thinking about it. So for this month I’m not even going to touch GW2 I think. If I still feel sick and tired then next month I won’t either. I just have to draw the line somewhere and right now I feel it isn’t a good place for me. And I’m not missing much this month anyways. While I enjoyed SAB, I can barely even dent the new SAB (I think me being sick and tired is making me easily frustrated, so its a good reason to take a break if any), and I’m still unsure about the future of Ascended so I’d like to see what a couple of months will do in terms of is it really worth my effort to hunt all the materials. :/

But yeah, you have no chance to actually play the game anymore it feels. You just play the LS and dailies and then thats most average peoples time spent. Is that really what they wanted us to do?

Honestly I feel there should be months where there is no new story update/event. Sometimes a game needs to settle a bit. Gw2 is running around in circles in itself it feels like. Because no one knows what to do/whats going on half the time, and once they do figure it out its over. No one has time to just stop and breathe and enjoy the view. Gotta finish them achievements/farm the items!

(edited by Katreyn.4218)

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

The issues with LS are quite numerous.

The quality isn’t THAT bad – but is sub par compared to the rest of the game. Maybe they’ll be able to step it up but at least from a story and narrative point of view it’s downright terrible.
Another issue here is that the newly released content is usually poorly checked before launch – so you find yourself thinking " better be there on LS update day so I can get it done while it’s easy and get the farm while it’s good before they patch to -fix- it "

The pacing is the problem – every 2 weeks you’ve got to do it and can’t really seem to get out of this treadmill.
Personally I find myself trying to get it out of the way as quickly as possible in order for me to be able to then enjoy the game.

A lot of the content was really boring and trivial and I find myself asking the question " if this content wasn’t temporary would I have bothered to play it? " . The answer is “probably not”.
The thing is Anet’s whole deal with the 2 week release schedule is to keep us playing and keep us engaged – and they are doing that but at the price of making the game feel like a chore.

Another problem is that the content is temporary. The game world has had no real,meaningful addition since fractals was added.
I’d rather see new areas being slowly released and then KEPT IN THE GAME, rather than getting a LS update every 2 weeks.

Think about this : How much more different is GW2 now from GW2 on release date from a content perspective ?
1. Fractals.
2.Southsun Cove
3???
Nothing there – to a new player all the LS content means nothing significant. It’s the same game since all the temporary content is just that – temporary.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

(edited by Harper.4173)

Posted by: SkylightMoon.1980

SkylightMoon.1980

I agree with this 100%. I work about 48+ hours per week and i have just enough time to finish 1/2 Achievement categories. I have like no time to try anything else since the content will be gone FOREVER since it’s never permanent. I really liked this game but the past year the decisions have been god awful and different then what i expected. I may give the game another month but if i feel like im falling behind i simply just will stop playing.

I was able to keep up and i loved it but now i feel like im the turtle in a rabbit race

Hey, guess what, you represent the minority. The very very small minority. Id also think you must not know much about the decisions being made in the game by the devs, as stated in the interviews. If you don’t have at least 5 hours or more in your week to play the new content, then maybe you shouldnt be playing games.

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

Hey, guess what, you represent the minority. The very very small minority. Id also think you must not know much about the decisions being made in the game by the devs, as stated in the interviews. If you don’t have at least 5 hours or more in your week to play the new content, then maybe you shouldnt be playing games.

wow so let me get this straight you think only people with no commitments should play games?
You think people who have jobs and families are a small minority?
hahaha you must be joking right?

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Draven.7210

Draven.7210

Disagree. The new content system and pace is great. Don’t even need 2 weeks to complete the stuff anyway. I got all the fights for my Mini Liadri done in a single day. And I was relieved the invasions finished. Maybe with SAB more than likely not being as exciting, we’ll see people return to normal content around Tyria.

Posted by: Zeldain.5710

Zeldain.5710

I do agree that the pace of content is too quick. In turn that has made the content itself very shallow… it’s a lose/lose proposition of you ask me.

I’d rather have monolithic content patches similar to what Blizzard does every 2 months, and a proper expansion every year and a half or so.

Posted by: Zeldain.5710

Zeldain.5710

Hehe, no. No sir, YOU are in the small minority. It’s a wasted life playing a game so much.

The problem is, these content updates are not really content, but sales vehicles for cash shop items. So, the people that can’t play as much at least feel like they can be a “part” of it by buying some stuff.

Welcome to predatory b2p.

Posted by: Sablin.8071

Sablin.8071

TOTALLY AGREE with OP. I tried submitting a post with a number of issues I think are important and this was one of them; unfortunately the mods can only take so much of negative posts regardless of how legitimate the issues are.
I work full time but still manage 5 hours game time per day plus weekend, where I can put in a good 10-12 hours per day, and I still cant do all that I would like to do. You really only have time to invest in one character which sucks when that is not FoTM, and yet balance changes are so slow.

Posted by: GonzoNeo.4965

GonzoNeo.4965

Agree, i almost had all achievements of LW until now, but i have to agree, the update rates is too fast.

They have too many achievements and if you want to get them you have to fast rush the update to get them all before they put the next update, now i almost play for get achievements in the LS updates i dont have time to play “the real game” anymore.

I dont know i like more the 1 month updates better or 2-3 months update with REAL content, more maps, more personal story etc… like a mini expansions, now are mini events and celebrations pushed every 2 weeks to get achievements and buy the new gem store items to give arena.net real money.

And of course the updates every 2 weeks seems more bugged/less tested, the World 2 of SAB is a frustating joke full of issues( and im not a noob in retro or plataform games ) and each update there always something that is bug or have issues and have to wait to be repaired but the tick tack ending of tempory content never stop.

I have some friends that are quiting the game for the updates, they cant simple play the game anymore if they want do the achievements, each 2 weeks is a never ending rush.