Pact Fleet Weapons Praise

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Dear ANet,

Many thanks for releasing these new skins!

They are by far the most detailed, beautiful weapons I have seen in quite some time. Not only that but they are in brief terms; standard practical weapons with little to no floating bits which is what many prior weapon sets seem to have been adorned with and it really feels like these Fleet ones are intact and actually look like they could hurt.. A LOT.

(Not that I don’t appreciate the more magical-themed ones.. I have merely been yearning for some actual standard-looking styles without all the floating bits etc)

Very well done and I look forward to more weapon sets like this in the future.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

For the first time I like an entire weapon set. Every one of them looks amazing. I am almost, almost, tempted to step back from my decision to not spend any more money in GW2 until such a time as I have at least one full set of ascended gear for each level 80 character (or ascended is removed from the game).

Posted by: Hybarf Tics.2048

Hybarf Tics.2048

Sold all my chests last week as key farming lost it’s appeal, Anet you loose I’ll not give you a penny for your keys anymore. Have fun guys Assassin’s Creed Unity is waiting they have real content.

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I like the colors of the new skins, but as great as they look, since nothing matches them because of the iridescent stuff, I’m not interested in any of them. I learnt that from the last purchase – bought the tempest staff skin because it looked nice. Realised I couldn’t match it with anything. Wasted my gold. Never again.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Posted by: Annette.6278

Annette.6278

Yeah, thanks a lot to Anet for these weapon set! They’re amazing with these colors, details and forms. One of the best set in the game. Good job!
But there is one problem as always how to buy it in time for 1 ticket…

GW2 is almost a perfect MMORPG. Please, DON"T make it in such way like we are stupid.

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

Sold all my chests last week as key farming lost it’s appeal, Anet you loose I’ll not give you a penny for your keys anymore. Have fun guys Assassin’s Creed Unity is waiting they have real content.

ACU? lol

Posted by: Varrg.2704

Varrg.2704

this was the one set that should be obtainable in game. But we have one armor set for next 3 months, thanks ANet. You sure now how to keep people who want to actually, you know, play your game and not shill their money with every update.

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

I am disapointed in where they put it.

As I am very unlucky with BLC-scraps and tickets (having 9 scraps for 26 chests now, with no ticket in between, leaving me with useless stuff), I cannot say how I am displeased with the fact that you decided to put them into the BLCs.

I was very much pleased with theway you started to handle content in S2, providing new armor and weapons ingame and in the store, but now I see that you went back to your old shemes.
Putting great Lore and ambient assets behind a paywall, instead of ingame rewards.

The weapons look great, even though I have no character who would wield them right now (but would like to unlock some skins, I like them).

If you would decide to give us a fixed price or any other way to obtain them, i would gladly spend some money on the gem-store.

However as it is now, I am not willing to pay for the chance to gamble for these things.

Put them in boxes with a fixed price and don`t have us jump through several RNG hoops to maybe get something we would easily pay for.

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

“having 9 scraps for 26 chests now”

Your RNG is way better than most mate…

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

“having 9 scraps for 26 chests now”

Your RNG is way better than most mate…

well it could be more. i somehow managed to get 9 scraps over two years and the last chestes didn`t get me anything usefull. Nothing to sell and only boosters tht do not benefit me anymore.
I think it is still a very bad ratio buying 25 keys or more (to be honest it was just a rough number) only to find out they did not provide what you expected.

I mean scraps should be more common than tickets, right?

However you are right. I might still be better of than others, still very annoying and I would rather spend my money directly in the shop.

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Lol, I seem to be different than the majority in the (forum-)community: I like all the shiny and fancy weapons which most 16 year old black human male warrior don’t like.

Now they release this, I think they are pretty lame. The Hammer looks okay but doesn’t fit any of my characters.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

If you would decide to give us a fixed price or any other way to obtain them

You can buy them from other players on the TP. That’s the other way to obtain them – they can be traded.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

yay more gem store items, just what this game needs!!!1

/sarcasm

Posted by: InfernoHero.5687

InfernoHero.5687

If you would decide to give us a fixed price or any other way to obtain them

You can buy them from other players on the TP. That’s the other way to obtain them – they can be traded.

^THIS!

They cost around 100 Gold each. That’s… I think 850-900 Gems?

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

yay more gem store items, just what this game needs!!!1

/sarcasm

To be fair that is what every game ever always need.
Money.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Scratch.9402

Scratch.9402

I like the look of most of the new skins, but they could do without the little wings attached to some of the weapons. They just look out of place on a weapon.

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

Have to agree! I’d like the whole set! Every single weapon looks awsome!!! Great job!

Kima & Co

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Personally i prefer to grind 60-70 gold for a skin than having to grind geodes and chests for endless hours where you never know how long it would take since you jave finally luck with the RNG.

And yeah .. i know they are around 90g at the moment .. but i expect them to go
down to 60-70 like the previous sets after a while.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Sizer.5632

Sizer.5632

Put them in boxes with a fixed price and don`t have us jump through several RNG hoops to maybe get something we would easily pay for.

They are available for fixed prices (well after market fluctuations, but new skins are usually steady for a few weeks), open the trading post and search for the weapon you want and you can buy it with a set amount of gold.

Black lion keys are there if you want to gamble, otherwise you can spend $10 to get 80ish gold (or just earn that in game) and buy it off the TP.

Borolis Pass – [TOVL]
Aeneaaa – 80 engineer
Aeeneaa – 80 Ele