Pact Waypoint Beacon

Pact Waypoint Beacon

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: TheRedMoose.4836

TheRedMoose.4836

Alrighty folks. So I was playing around in Orr today and was noticing all the Waypoint Beacons that the Pact drops around the place. And I got to thinking, “Man, it would be cool to have a handful of these as consumables!” So Yay or Nay? Say, 3,000 karma for a single use beacon and 1,000,000 karma for an unlimited use beacon. Which would make such a beacon reasonable for a one-time thing and on par with a legendary for an unlimited use one.

This isn’t because the regular beacons are insufficient, but it would just be cool, in my opinion, to drop a Waypoint before taking on a champ or to bridge the gap between two permanent Waypoints. Maybe the Waypoint will stay for an hour, until cancelled, and all the silver/copper spent for other players to use it, goes to the one who planted the Waypoint?

I would have put this in the suggestions sub-forum, but I doubt Anet would entertain the idea for a second and it is more of a jokingly fun, but would be slightly helpful idea.

Pact Waypoint Beacon

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

Honestly I have no idea what you’re talking about. Consumable waypoints for your character? Sounds abusable. Either way, the Karma wasn’t the hard part of getting my legendary, and it wouldn’t take long running either the karma train or with a successful WvW commander to have that much.

Pact Waypoint Beacon

Posted by: smezmer.1206

smezmer.1206

I have to agree with Viking Jorun it would be far to easy to abuse something like that. However, considering that most days 90% of the waypoints down in Orr are contested I would agree with a “Portable Beacon Signal Booster” that can open the a selected pre existing waypoint for only the user and his party. Give it a limit of 30 minutes or 10 uses before it expires. With a 100k karma cost and a limit of 1 per person.