Paid more for gems than a sub fee this year?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Azala Yar.7693

Azala Yar.7693

Well purchased more bank slots and character slots plus several armor skins, so yeah easily spent enough for a year’s sub in another MMO and that was in just one month.

Only played for about 2 months so hardly worth it as it turned out. But still useful if I ever decide to come back to GW2, although that’s unlikely if they continue in the direction they’ve gone.

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

I did and was happy to do so. I spent my money for the things I wanted not just for the privilege of playing a game.

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

Nope, I’m not insane. {:-þ

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

10€, no regrets
I will spend money only if they release quality content, e.g. Expansion.
Otherwise, this game is boring as hell. Everyone is just hunting champs now. I want to do events in zones but well… i can do it only in solo. Even cursed shore is empty.

Posted by: Mathias.9657

Mathias.9657

Not worth it, zero dollars spent except for box value.

Can’t battle in clothes (???) and everything else is greedy RNG boxes.

Back to WoW, make GW2 fun please.

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

What is funny is that I see multiple people say. I spend (a lot of) money on gems but don’t like the way the game is going now so might stop playing / spengin money.. The way the game is going now is strongly linked to the gem-store as its being build around the whole idea of how to get people to buy gems. And indeed thats not good for the game.

So basically buy spending so much money you guys made the game go in the direction it is going now. Hopefully you learned your lesson. There is no bad thing in giving money however, better do that for expansions so you know the game will go in the correct direction in stead of spending it on a cash-shop resulting in a game focusing itself around that with all negative side-effects that come with it.

(edited by Devata.6589)

Posted by: mojowalker.3798

mojowalker.3798

While I don’t keep track of it, I’d have to guess it’s in the $100s I’ve spent on gems, but as many others have already stated, it was because I wanted to, not because I had to in order to play the game. Some of it was more bank tab slots, char slots, and some of it was to trade for gold, and some of it was just to get the “fluff”, like mini sets or town clothes or whatever happened to catch my interest. But the truly wonderful feeling about all of that was I didn’t HAVE to spend a dime.

“If you can’t beat them, get a bigger stick.”
- Some random quote -
The Walkers and the Whispers, ANVIL ROCK

Posted by: Azala Yar.7693

Azala Yar.7693

What is funny is that I see multiple people say. I spend (a lot of) money on gems but don’t like the way the game is going now so might stop doing so.. The way the game is going now is strongly linked to the gem-store as its being build around the whole idea of how to get people to buy gems. And indeed thats not good for the game.

So basally buy spending so much money you guys made the game go in the direction it is going now. Also for the people that did not buy gems. Hopefully you learned your lesson. There is no bad thing in giving money however, better do that for expansions so you know the game will go in the correct direction in stead of spending it on a cash-shop resulting in a game focusing itself around that with all negative side-effects that come with it.

That’s true, but in my case I decided to test out all classes so needed 8 character slots and with 8 characters that had professions cooking etc. you need more bank slots.

It was only after playing for awhile I could see where their main focus was, namely the shop. The shop was always going to be important to them but they seem to be too much focused on it for my liking. So much so the game does suffer for it.

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

I wanted to help the game and Anet out

Please don’t follow that belief, all gem store purchases are given to NCSoft

1. Developer makes a gem shop to bring in income.

there are two ways this plays out:

2a. No one buys gems thus creating no income.
2b. NCsoft sees gw2 as a failure, and slowly limits how much money Anet gets each month leading to layoffs and no more content updates

3a. A lot of people buy gems to support gw2.
3b. NCsoft sees gw2 as a moneymaker success, gives Anet more money to keep content coming out at a regular pace to keep people spending money in the gem shop.

i’m thinking the latter already happened and is why we saw Living Story updates go from every month to every two weeks

so yes, gem shop purchases do help support Anet

Because 90% of the original designers of GW2 haven’t already been laid off… (you do realize your dungeon designer is gone right?)

Posted by: Eridani.8317

Eridani.8317

Because 90% of the original designers of GW2 haven’t already been laid off… (you do realize your dungeon designer is gone right?)

Any source for that or are you just making kitten up?

Posted by: Sylv.5324

Sylv.5324

The Gem Shop does support ANet. I really wish folks would stop taking misinformation at face value, considering ANet has stated that the Gem Shop supports ANet, too.

A portion of that goes back to NCSoft as well, because NCSoft footed the very large bill to pay ANet for developing the game. In return, a percentage of the profits go back to the parent company.

I don’t know how anyone could spin this as bad when this is how every publisher works. Have a favorite author? Their publisher fronts the cost of the book, pays them an advance (which is what happened with GW2 as well), then takes royalties from the subsequent sales (boxes) and merchandise (cash shop). The author also gets a portion after the advance fee is covered (royalties). The ONLY way that Guild Wars could be afforded to be made was via this system.

By claiming that ANet is not supported by their cash shop sales, and therefore does not deserve to have stuff bought from their cash shop, is going to result in LESS future game development and LESS features and LESS of the things that folks want, because they will have LESS resources to devote to those things.

If you don’t take my word for it, then ask anyone involved in publishing as to how advances, royalties, etc, work.

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

Devata.6589

I think he is referring to Robert Hrouda. He was part of the team.. I don’t think there is just one dungeon designer.

Here is the confirmation about that:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Robert-Hrouda-has-left-Arenanet/page/3

This is what he put on his facebook.

“Today marks the release of the last bit of content I built for ArenaNet. I had always hoped my last hurrah would be an epic dungeon that would stand the test of time, and provide entertainment for players to the very end… but instead it’s an instance that will only persist for two weeks, and then go away.”

Some more information you can find here: http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/85058-robert-hrouda-leaves-arenanet/

Not so sure about the 90%. I think thats more a figure of speech. But I might be wrong.

Charak.9761

Robert Hrouda was your dungeon designer, and ranger advocate, he left a couple months ago.

2 of 3 of GW2 founders have long since left.

Your voice actors are unionized, so that’s why there hasn’t been much new cutscenes with voiceovers. The only need addition is Tara Strong for scarlet.

the 90% is the large team made to create the game, then they slim them off until only a couple of developers are left to keep the game in check. Right now I’m a bit worried for Josh Foreman atm.

Posted by: Teege.4623

Teege.4623

I’ve bought some gems before and I didn’t regret it at the time. Lately with the direction the game is going and with all the ball dropping and other facepalm-worthy incidents happening I’ve decided to not financially support them any further. Naturally they don’t care, but when enough people start to do the same…

“We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2.” -Colin Johanson
Don’t support the Gem Shop, it’s that easy.

Sylv.5324

It is a figure of speech as far as I know, but it should be noted that turnover in the game industry is very high, especially at smaller studios (which ANet is) that can’t pay the bigger salaries that places like Blizzard can.

It’s not as high a turnover as the person above claimed, though. But that doesn’t sound as dramatic.

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

Devata.6589

The Gem Shop does support ANet. I really wish folks would stop taking misinformation at face value, considering ANet has stated that the Gem Shop supports ANet, too.

A portion of that goes back to NCSoft as well, because NCSoft footed the very large bill to pay ANet for developing the game. In return, a percentage of the profits go back to the parent company.

I don’t know how anyone could spin this as bad when this is how every publisher works. Have a favorite author? Their publisher fronts the cost of the book, pays them an advance (which is what happened with GW2 as well), then takes royalties from the subsequent sales (boxes) and merchandise (cash shop). The author also gets a portion after the advance fee is covered (royalties). The ONLY way that Guild Wars could be afforded to be made was via this system.

By claiming that ANet is not supported by their cash shop sales, and therefore does not deserve to have stuff bought from their cash shop, is going to result in LESS future game development and LESS features and LESS of the things that folks want, because they will have LESS resources to devote to those things.

If you don’t take my word for it, then ask anyone involved in publishing as to how advances, royalties, etc, work.

Only one person said Anet would not get money for it.. So then better quote him.

That not supported by their cash shop sales is going to result in LESS future game development is nonsense because they could generate money with expansion in stead of the heavy focus on the gem-store. That would be better for the quality of the game and they would have income.

However there are still to many people buying gems for them to do so, so thats why we have seen the focus on the gem-store with all negative side effects. So yes you support ArenaNet but you do not support the quality of the game.

Charak.9761

If you want to support the game, please stop putting money into RNG boxes.

These are stopping them from putting real straightforward skins into the store, and are consistently forcing you through this abusive gambling side of the game if you want something like fused weapon skins (outside of gold)

Sylv.5324

That not supported by their cash shop sales is going to result in LESS future game development is nonsense because they could generate money with expansion in stead of the heavy focus on the gem-store.

You should not post your opinion as fact. The FACT is, they are being supported by gem shop sales. If you refuse to support the shop, you refuse to support ANet. You can try to pull out whatever distractions from that fact that you can, but that doesn’t change anything.

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

jheryn.8390

These are stopping them from putting real straightforward skins into the store, and are consistently forcing you through this abusive gambling side of the game if you want something like fused weapon skins (outside of gold)

Actually buying RNG boxes does financially support the game. It just doesn’t support what you want out of the game.

Posted by: Teege.4623

Teege.4623

Actually buying RNG boxes does financially support the game. It just doesn’t support what you want out of the game.

Yeah if you love tossing out money and getting nothing in return it’s perfect.

“We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2.” -Colin Johanson
Don’t support the Gem Shop, it’s that easy.

Devata.6589

That not supported by their cash shop sales is going to result in LESS future game development is nonsense because they could generate money with expansion in stead of the heavy focus on the gem-store.

You should not post your opinion as fact. The FACT is, they are being supported by gem shop sales. If you refuse to support the shop, you refuse to support ANet. You can try to pull out whatever distractions from that fact that you can, but that doesn’t change anything.

No you are posting idea’s as facts. First of all do NOT!!! say ArenaNet is not being supported by the cash-shop (please quote where I say so).. Secondly I do NOT!!! refuse to support ANet (please quote where I say so). As a matter of fact I did support them by buying the game and if they turn back in the correct direction I am very willing to keep supporting them in the future. However I am not willing to support them by gem-sales… I am willing to support them on expansion IF they drop the gem-store focus.

jheryn.8390

What are you talking about? Charak said if you want to support the game not to buy RNG boxes. Not buying RNG in no way supports the game. Spending money supports the game no matter what you buy. RNG boxes or anything else.

Nowhere in my post did it say anything about RNG being perfect. In fact, the whole post had nothing to do with how great or bad RNG is. So, what the hell are you talking about?

Devata.6589

Thats what he is saying isn’kitten

EDIT: KITTEN? REALLY?? I did not talk about some female body part I said isn’t ……………………….. it?

Have they fixed the maximum number of characters when creating a title finally? Or can you still type more then you are allowed to resulting in an error when creating?

It’s this sort of software engineering that’s the problem.

(edited by Devata.6589)

Devata.6589

What are you talking about? Charak said if you want to support the game not to buy RNG boxes. Not buying RNG in no way supports the game. Spending money supports the game no matter what you buy. RNG boxes or anything else.

Nowhere in my post did it say anything about RNG being perfect. In fact, the whole post had nothing to do with how great or bad RNG is. So, what the hell are you talking about?

There are multiple ways you can support a game and depending on the way you support a game it might change the game. For that reason I would only support buy buying gems and maybe if they are doing a good job I would buy gems for upgrades like bank-tabs of more char slots. That results in a focus on such elements. Buying limited available items focus them on doing that, buying RNG boxes focus them on that and so on. Because I see most cash-related ingame changes as bad I am basically only willing to buy expansion.

So no.. not spending money in one way does mean you do not support if you are willing to spend it in another way.. If Anet does not give the other option let them know you are willing to spend it in the other way then they might focus on that and so you get to support the game in the way you like with the result for the game the way you like it.

Im Mudbone.1437

Not made up, he IS gone and no mention of his replacement.

Posted by: Muhlum.7348

Muhlum.7348

True, but with an expansion on the way the money is at least coming back to Anet. For now at least.

80 Guardian
80 Engineer
[Lost] – Tarnished Coast

Im Mudbone.1437

True, but with an expansion on the way the money is at least coming back to Anet. For now at least.

What expansion is on the way? Not for GW2 anytime soonish.

Charak.9761

There is no expansion for this game coming, it’s all LS updates.

The money you spend is being put towards wildstars, thats your ‘expansion’

jheryn.8390

Thats what he is saying isn’kitten

EDIT: KITTEN? REALLY?? I did not talk about some female body part I said isn’t ……………………….. it?

Have they fixed the maximum number of characters when creating a title finally? Or can you still type more then you are allowed to resulting in an error when creating?

It’s this sort of software engineering that’s the problem.

I don’t think it was what he was saying. He said “If you want to support the game, stop putting money into RNG”. That will not support the game. It may send the message that RNG sucks, but it doesn’t actually support the game. The way to support the game is through sales of the game and sales of in store items since there is not sub fee.

Not buying RNG doesn’t support the game in any way.

BTW, I have had the same problem with the “kitten” issue. How dumb is it when two very benign words close together get censored? I think they are a little over the top with their censor.

Charak.9761

The more you buy into RNG boxes, the more of them will be released instead of actual ‘good’ gemstore items.

I’m saying support the game by making them shift away from this bad practice.

Posted by: Glenstorm.4059

Glenstorm.4059

Not counting a copy of the game that I bought for a friend, I’ve spent about $210 on gems over the past year…which is a bit more than paying for a 1-year $15/month subscription. When I spent the money on gems, it was mostly to convert to gold to buy the last piece of armor/weapon I needed, or to buy Transmutation Crystals/Black Lion Salvage Kits. This was because I had a limited number of hours to play, didn’t want to spend it farming/grinding for gold, and because I could afford to pay $10 for gems every now and then. My rationale was I’d pay to gear up quickly so I get to enjoy new content quickly.

Except the new content doesn’t always require to be maxed out in terms of gear—something I wish I’d learned earlier.

Plus, I never ended up enjoying the new content. After Wintersday, it was (and this is only my opinion) a slow descent into boredom. Flame and Frost was too much meh for too long, SAB was fun initially but the novelty wore off, Dragon Bash, Sky Pirates, Bazaar and Politics were again meh, and Queen’s Jubilee and Clockwork Chaos turned the game into a farm-fest. Secret of Southsun was fun because of the whole “mystery on an exotic island” feel, but the ending was lackluster.

I appreciate and admire the speed at which these releases were put out, and the effort (in terms of world building) that went into them, but the storylines were never very compelling to me. Villains, including Scarlet, were one-dimensional and forgettable, the sense of connectedness between the events was minimal (I get it, Rox and Braham are everywhere, but what else is connecting the events together? Scarlet doesn’t cut it for me either) and perhaps my biggest issue was that all these side events were distractions—hello, what about the Elder Dragons?

And then I came to the belated realization that I’d been helping to fund all of these IMO mediocre LS releases by paying for gems. GW2 is an excellent game, and has an extremely strong lore base to build off—we don’t need more extraneous side plots, especially now that we’re a year in. So until they finally decide to start focus on the real big bads, I’v decided to stop buying more gems.

I realize I come across as a bit entitled and that my post turned into an anti-LS rant of sorts, but I feel I’ve spent enough money on this game (despite it not being mandatory), and I’ve got to the point where I don’t feel like I’m funding stuff I like, so I’m happy to just play the game I have right now.

Fear the might of SHATTERSTONE.

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

Not to rain on R. Hrouda but many of the dungeons at launch were rather meh. 99% of them still unchanged.

I don’t like RNG, there was a time where I foolishly bought into it. Will never happen again. I still buy other items from the gem store, but anything RNG is not on my list.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I have no idea what a subscription costs these days, I’ve refused to pay them since I quit UO and that was about 10 years ago.

I’m also not sure exactly how much I’ve spent on gems but it’s somewhere between £100 and £150. Edit: Might be less actually. Just before the anniversary I worked out that I’d spent £96 but I can’t remember if that included the original cost of the game or not. Either way I’m pretty sure it’s less than I’d have spent on a subscription.

For me the big differences between the two are that I only have to buy gems if and when I want to, and I get something extra to show for it. Unlike a subscription where I’m paying simply for permission to play the game I’ve already paid for. If I want an item from the gem store (and I think it’s worth the money) then I buy it, if not then I don’t and I can still play all the content I originally got.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

(edited by Danikat.8537)

Posted by: Justin.7163

Justin.7163

I haven’t spent a cent since I bought the game because the few things I want I can usually get by converting gold to gems. I feel that my initial 60$ was good enough for what I got at release but what has been released since then hasn’t really given me much of a drive to support it any further. Besides the stuff they release in the store is usually silly novelty things anyway.

I’m currently using an app that allows me to gain points by watching ads that I can convert to money in Pay-Pal. Soon I should have enough points for 10$ worth of gems so I guess, in the mean time, that will be my only real post-launch investment. Maybe I can buy one of the few useful items they have like a character slot or something.

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

Nope, I’ve only bought enough gems to get the 3 extra character slots after than I was on the money making train and haven’t had to worry about it (golds to gem)

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

Posted by: Namu.5712

Namu.5712

I have spent probably over 1k since gw2 launched.

But you know I have had my fun, and its far cheaper than my other hobbies.

Just bought a new snowmobile… 13k… 5k down, 120 dollar each month. Then add in gas, maintance, gas for my truck to take it to the mountains on a weekly basis….

New snowboard this year, weekend tickets run around 50 bucks, I generally pay for my girlfriend as well so 100 bucks a weekend + food + gas driving to the mountain bout an hour away.

4 wheeling, mountain biking, and dirt biking during the summer. Along with camping and all the gear that entails for hiking.

So ya 1k on a game for when im not out… is pretty cheap for me.

But I suppose if I didn’t have the money I wouldn’t like a sub. I want to login without having to pay ya know.

I basically paid 6 peoples subs if you look at it in those terms. Im sure theres many out there with higher incomes that have the money and also spend a good amount in game. So really it keeps the game afloat. And those that refuse to spend a dime still have a game to play because other people figuratively pick up the slack with higher than normal spending.

(edited by Namu.5712)

Posted by: Bezayne.6459

Bezayne.6459

At head start I bought 3 more character slots to have room for all classes, and a little extra for another bank tab or two. Not spent anything since, not likely I am going to anytime soon. Generally I feel gem store items are overpriced going by real money conversion, and overall there are too many niggling issues with the game to make me happy enough to say “Here have some of my cash because I think you deserve it”. They are getting a ton of my time already as is.

Posted by: Mahaedros.7085

Mahaedros.7085

At head start I bought 3 more character slots to have room for all classes, and a little extra for another bank tab or two. Not spent anything since, not likely I am going to anytime soon. Generally I feel gem store items are overpriced going by real money conversion, and overall there are too many niggling issues with the game to make me happy enough to say “Here have some of my cash because I think you deserve it”. They are getting a ton of my time already as is.

more character slots are what I’ve spent a lot of money on…

World of Warcraft you get 50 character slots, albeit only 10 or so per server (at least that was how it used to be for years… I quit WoW before the Pandas arrived.)

I’ve also spent RL money on some of the permanent harvesting tools, i would have bought more if they were priced reasonably instead of 800 gems.

In a subscription model game you seem to get QoL type things included and in GW2 you have to buy them if that sort of thing is important to you… I have mixed feelings about this but I know some people are completely happy with it as it is. I would really like to have more characters but I do not want to pay that much money/gold/gems.

I would buy a lot more and spend a lot more RL money at the gem shop if things were not so expensive.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing – Edmund Burke

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Not giving them my money.
Gold → Gems.
Just spent 800 gems few days ago.

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

I did buy gems but seeing all the posts from angry people demanding others to buy gems to feed ANet employees’ hungry children I rather hope I didn’t now.

Posted by: kratan.4619

kratan.4619

More than a monthly sub here.

Gems to gold

Never wasted time farming or TPing.

Posted by: LordThy.4927

LordThy.4927

Bought the game on sale 6 months ago, that’s it.

The game has been marketed as Buy2Play, and that’s what I did. If it wasn’t I wouldn’t be here.

I’ve never been a fan of in-game micro-transactions/stores, in many games it has a high chance of becoming the main focus of development with all the other aspects as a mere packaging eye-candy.

[WIC] Freygna & alts
Sanctum of Rall [NA]
www.warinccommunity.com/forum/

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Let see … less than half of a sub but more than double of what I spent in GW1 in 6/7 years. This isn’t all that surprising though. GW1 didn’t have an option for more bag slots and bank slots were even more limited.

If they had kept the costume system from GW1 I would have spent even more but as it is right now they are only slightly above worthless.

Posted by: DanH.5879

DanH.5879

i think over 100e so far…
i liked my lol thief, then at the beginning….but now…
a-net devs and the community hated them
now i log ~1 time per week,
heavy nerfs are on their way again, yay, maybe i can happily quit this hame
since the root cause with 25 (bleed) stacks limit was not fixed since forever…
venoms are also getting the short straw…

(edited by DanH.5879)

Devata.6589

Bought the game on sale 6 months ago, that’s it.

The game has been marketed as Buy2Play, and that’s what I did. If it wasn’t I wouldn’t be here.

I’ve never been a fan of in-game micro-transactions/stores, in many games it has a high chance of becoming the main focus of development with all the other aspects as a mere packaging eye-candy.

Thats the exact same reason why I also do not like a focus on cash-shop also known as the F2P payment model.

It’s also exactly what we have been seeing happening in GW2 over the last year and it’s also exactly the reason why I have been complaining about this specific (and related) subject in the forum for multiple months now.

Devata.6589

i think over 100e so far…
i liked my lol thief, then at the beginning….but now…
a-net devs and the community hated them
now i log ~1 time per week,
heavy nerfs are on their way again, yay, maybe i can happily quit this hame
since the root cause with 25 (bleed) stacks limit was not fixed since forever…
venoms are also getting the short straw…

So first you spend a lot of money on gems and so helping GW2 with there gem-store focus. Then the game changes for the worse for a big part because of that and then you leave leaving us (people who are willing to pay for an expansions but not for gems exactly for this reason) with a game that has gotten worse partly because of your input.

Thanks.

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

I have averaged $10 every 2 months. I figure that’s a pretty fair deal… for me.

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

I have, and I’ll tell you exactly why.

Cause I get to play whenever I want and pay for whatever I want when I want.

With a sub fee, I am required to pay every month in order to keep playing. I don’t even get anything for that monthly fee except for the base game I already bought. If I stop paying, I can no longer play the game.

But with GW2, I can pay for the game and play whenever I want. I’m not restricted cause I’m not paying monthly. And when I do decide to fork over some money, it is for extra goodies, not so I can keep playing the game I already paid for. I can buy new costumes with my money.

Take for example a P2P game like WoW. When you give them 15 bucks a month, what are you getting in return? The same game you’ve already paid for and have been already playing. Now take GW2, a B2P game. When you give them 15 bucks a month, what are you getting? About 1200 gems to buy new stuff in the gem store with and you can still play the game you already paid for without having to give them 15 bucks a month.

So yeah. I don’t mind spending more than a sub fee on GW2. Cause I’m not forced to and even if I don’t spend that money, I can still play.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

Posted by: ArmoredVehicle.2849

ArmoredVehicle.2849

I don’t consider GW2 a game good enough for me to spend money on, I say this based on my GW1 experience. Moreover I don’t log in for long periods nowadays and If I do I’m mostly afk’ish in LA.

@SpyderArachnid:

Your logic is kinda flawed there, I won’t say you’re completely wrong but an F2P game is almost better than both when it comes to spending money.

You don’t have to pay an initial fee to play the game (B2P), You can play whenever you want without paying monthly fees (P2P) and any money you spent it’s for game goodies.

GW2 is turning into a F2P game than it’s original B2P model, just take the recent Instant-trait reset item, a feature which was there almost since the beginning in GW1.

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

Except that it wasn’t… at all… then yes, you’re right.

GW1 let you adjust your skills and stats… in a town or outpost. GW2 grants you the same sort of thing (though admittedly with a small fee).

GW1 NEVER let you adjust your skills and stats in an instanced zone, which this new utility does.