in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Rio.4259

Rio.4259

“Heart of Sand”

Papaya expansion name speculation thread

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

-Heart of Sands (if the they keep the ‘heart’ a stagnant trait)
-Amnoon Mirage (since all the god-trickery)
-The Primeval Chapters
-Heart of the Desolation
-Kings of Bones
-The Golden Sun (land of-)
-Ascension

How dare you suggest serious contenders that would actually work in this thread full of buffoonery and shenanigans!

(Those are all pretty cool names imo)

GW2: Ain’t no party like a Heket party
or
GW2: Sand in Ossa’s Boots

are those better suggestions?

Much better. I am appeased.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

They could name it to refer to both the desert and dragon. For that I suggest the name Sandy Claws.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

They could name it to refer to both the desert and dragon. For that I suggest the name Sandy Claws.

Jack Skellington might sue.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

-Heart of Sands (if the they keep the ‘heart’ a stagnant trait)
-Amnoon Mirage (since all the god-trickery)
-The Primeval Chapters
-Heart of the Desolation
-Kings of Bones
-The Golden Sun (land of-)
-Ascension

How dare you suggest serious contenders that would actually work in this thread full of buffoonery and shenanigans!

(Those are all pretty cool names imo)

GW2: Ain’t no party like a Heket party
or
GW2: Sand in Ossa’s Boots

are those better suggestions?

Not as good as Amaimon’s Mursaat — turns out Balthazar isn’t the only infamous character pretending to be an Unseen One

(More seriously, I like The Golden Sun — it’s evocative without being too specific and without any obvious link to titles we’ve seen in GW2 to date.)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

The problem with “The Golden Sun” is that Golden Sun is already a videogame.

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

“Thorny Sand”
“Sandy Thorns”

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Well, why not?

Guild Wars 2: The Desolate Journey

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

The problem with “The Golden Sun” is that Golden Sun is already a videogame.

Yea, i thought so too at first, but then i thought of a name or title is generic enough you can’t trademark is, add long as you don’t obviously copy it.

Golden sun in Tyria refers to Elona, while in that video game it refers to the Philosopher’s Stone (i really hope they make another game, we now have two stories with an open end)

Posted by: Chilli.2976

Chilli.2976

ResidentSleeper

Just a flesh wound.3589

Have you heard that name used before? Because I haven’t heard it. I mean, I just . . . I came up with it a couple of days ago and I thought it was good.

:P

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: mbhalo.1547

mbhalo.1547

CoLD: Crystals of Lost Desert

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Have you heard that name used before? Because I haven’t heard it. I mean, I just . . . I came up with it a couple of days ago and I thought it was good.

I’ve always thought it sounds like Buster is saying “Is that you Sandy Claws?”

Posted by: BaconReaper.5719

BaconReaper.5719

but what i wanna know is, what will the main colour be? (the update bar and new logo and things like that) the base game was red, HoT was green, what will papaya be? gold? purple?

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

GW2: Nightfall

GW2: Cultural Appropriation is racist how we do dis xpac???!

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Just a flesh wound.3589

but what i wanna know is, what will the main colour be? (the update bar and new logo and things like that) the base game was red, HoT was green, what will papaya be? gold? purple?

I’m thinking…. puce.

ANet may give it to you.

Amaimon.7823

And we are just supposed to believe there are people with access to technology, but havent seen Nightmare Before Christmas, thats about as believable as the precursor droprate

Just a flesh wound.3589

Have you heard that name used before? Because I haven’t heard it. I mean, I just . . . I came up with it a couple of days ago and I thought it was good

And we are just supposed to believe there are people with access to technology, but havent seen Nightmare Before Christmas, thats about as believable as the precursor droprate

Perhaps

Or perhaps looking at the bottom of the quote will give a discerning reader a clue….

ANet may give it to you.

Amaimon.7823

Have you heard that name used before? Because I haven’t heard it. I mean, I just . . . I came up with it a couple of days ago and I thought it was good

Perhaps

Or perhaps looking at the bottom of the quote will give a discerning reader a clue….

You mean :P?
I dont really read that as “just kidding” more than “its funny, isnt it”

Just a flesh wound.3589

Perhaps

What would you use to indicate “just kidding”?

ANet may give it to you.

Amaimon.7823

Perhaps

JK, i mean, I cant think of a common smiley that means im joking. You can say if you mean something in jest, but that doest quite cut it either..
But okay.. we’re getting off topic here

Just a flesh wound.3589

Perhaps

JK, i mean, I cant think of a common smiley that means im joking. You can say if you mean something in jest, but that doest quite cut it either..

Well I was sincerely curious. A symbol that consistently indicates ‘not kidding’ for everyone would be useful. Your choice of probably would be better, and thanks for the suggestion.

And now, back to our regular scheduled program, the name of the next expansion. I think this will be the ‘coolest’ expansion ever, so I suggest the name

Guild Wars 2:

Hey. No one said the name can’t be an emoticon.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: perilisk.1874

perilisk.1874

Guild Wars 2: Shattered Faith

Ceterum censeo Sentim Punicam esse delendam

Amaimon.7823

Perhaps

Well I was sincerely curious. A symbol that consistently indicates ‘not kidding’ for everyone would be useful. Your choice of probably would be better, and thanks for the suggestion.

And now, back to our regular scheduled program, the name of the next expansion. I think this will be the ‘coolest’ expansion ever, so I suggest the name

Guild Wars 2:

I like that, gotta be a smooth title that many generations can relate to
But with what little effort in Paint I drew up a concept art for the expansion’s box:
Please leave me some feedback, I’m still learning Paint.

Attachments:

Just a flesh wound.3589

Perhaps

Guild Wars 2:

But with what little effort in Paint I drew up a concept art for the expansion’s box:

Hmmmm. I can draw a mean stick figure that beats that picture all hollow. I don’t wish to boast but in pre k my drawings were voted “most likely to improve” (or maybe it was “the picture most in need of improvement”)

But anyway, to help ANet out in the graphics department here is a drawing of a mount that can be used on the advertisement to generate excitement.

Attachments:

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: MFoy.3284

MFoy.3284

Guild Wars 2: Not %$#^&ing Cantha

Denial isn’t just a river in Egypt

Just a flesh wound.3589

Perhaps

Guild Wars 2:

But giving the matter more thought, for an expansion with the name your picture would be a good front cover artwork and mine can be the side art which illustrates the childish excitement of getting our first mount.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

GW2: Heart of Vabbi

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Amaimon.7823

potentially good news,
I heard anet broke up with NCsoft, so now that the weird love-hate-relationship with asia is gone, they might not be scared to make a cantha game anymore

Posted by: Vesuvius.9874

Vesuvius.9874

potentially good news,
I heard anet broke up with NCsoft, so now that the weird love-hate-relationship with asia is gone, they might not be scared to make a cantha game anymore

Source? I can’t find anything on Google. Just old articles about something similar that supposedly happened before…

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

My understanding, unsourced just now, is that ANet broke off enough to have directoral control quite some time ago but that NCSoft remains the parent company.

Hmm. Title: GW2:Not So Soft Sands?

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

Amaimon.7823

And we are just supposed to believe there are people with access to technology, but havent seen Nightmare Before Christmas

Hey! I resemble that remark! :o

Considering the desert areas we have now and Anet’s love of blowing sand…

GW2: Desert Storm

Errr… wait… maybe that one’s already been used?

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Head in the sand.

The dragon from the cover will be changed by as ostrich to symbolize the mounts…

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Posted by: flog.3485

flog.3485

Ok enough jokes^^

Here is a serious suggestion:
GW2: Vengeful Ashes of Vabbi

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

(I’m actually interested in this expansion because of those leaks.)

I’m leaning toward “Glass” words, personally, due to the sandy nature.
GW2: Tides of Glass (ToG)
GW2: Waves/Wings of Glass (WoG)
GW2: Face of Glass (FoG)
GW2: Glass Horizon (GH)
GW2: Horizon of Glass (HoG)
GW2: Tales of Glass Wings (ToGW)
and….
GW2: Dunes of Glass (DoG …get it, HoT DoG)

Yeah, a lot of those aren’t all that great.

Regardless, I’m now leaning toward expecting something “DoG”-based though. Because, ya know, HoT-DoG.

What could be made out of that? Any ideas?
GW2: Dreams of Glass (DoG)?

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Ok enough jokes^^

Sounds a bit long. Vengeful Ashes, maybe?

Or, GW2: Heart of Desolation
#nothejokeswontstop

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Amaimon.7823

Exp 1: heart of thorns
Exp 2: heart of horns
Exp 3: heart of orns
Exp 4: heart of rns
Exp 6: heart of rng
Exp 7: heart of rngesus

Posted by: flog.3485

flog.3485

Ok enough jokes^^

Sounds a bit long. Vengeful Ashes, maybe?

Or, GW2: Heart of Desolation
#nothejokeswontstop

Vengeful ashes ? Yeah, sure. At least it doesn’t reveal too much of where we might be heading to.

Amaimon.7823

Oh, I come from a land, from a faraway place
Where the Sunspear caravans roam
Where it’s flat and immense
And the heat is intense
It’s barbaric, but hey, it’s home

When the wind’s from the east and the sun’s from the west
And the sand in the glass is right
Come on down stop on by
Hop a carpet and fly
To another Elonian night

Elonian nights, like Elonian days
More often than not
Are hotter than hot
In a lot of good ways

Elonian nights, ‘neath Elonian moons
A Vabbian caught o’ guard
A Kournan a’part
Would get torn by the dunes

Posted by: kurfu.5623

kurfu.5623

“GW2: This one won’t PO half the playerbase, we promise!”

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Gw2: " More broken than HoT"

Where the sand will be far hotter than HoT, its all about burn.

it will actually be all about easy specs with easy burn stack…

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)