Passive Option for Necro Pets PLEASE!?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Dvious.8126

Dvious.8126

Can we please get a toggled button similar to rangers that puts necromancers minions on passive?

I’d rather be playing the game than writing this post.

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

please no. they are lazy enough as is.

Posted by: Carrion.8249

Carrion.8249

Minions are not pets. If you want them on passive don’t call them or explode them.

Posted by: maxwelgm.4315

maxwelgm.4315

The whole concept of minions is that they are walking piles of flesh animated solely for the sake of brutally murdering and bringing the souls of your enemies into their company among the dead, MWHAHAHAHAH…sorry, got carried over.

Anyway, minions are not like regular pets, in the sense that they are literally mindless automata born only to kill whatever has a red name over its head (which, lorewise, can probably be explained away by the Necromancer instinctively sensing danger, i.e, not actually controlling minions directly).

Dvious.8126

The whole concept of a minion is that they are ordered around by the person in power over them. Their whole existence is based on their leaders whims and desires. It’s actually a very negative term but that is besides the point. Let’s look at the definition of “Minion” for a moment “a servile follower or subordinate of a person in power”. The key word being servile. That would look like they take orders to me. So, being able to tell your minions to either “STAY” or “ATTACK” does not seem too far a stretch in the scheme of things.

Dvious.8126

Also just to add since I saw a few views of this post and even one like to this response…

Minions are not pets. If you want them on passive don’t call them or explode them.

You should try playing a necro. Not all minions can be destroyed at the push of a button. I’m asking for this because I want to be able to tell necromancers in “those” situations to put their pets on passive. The responses so far make me have to ask, why all the necromancer hate?

Posted by: chefdiablo.6791

chefdiablo.6791

The whole concept of a minion is that they are ordered around by the person in power over them. Their whole existence is based on their leaders whims and desires. It’s actually a very negative term but that is besides the point. Let’s look at the definition of “Minion” for a moment “a servile follower or subordinate of a person in power”. The key word being servile. That would look like they take orders to me. So, being able to tell your minions to either “STAY” or “ATTACK” does not seem too far a stretch in the scheme of things.

I agree.

Good game play in raids and dungeons requires control of all skills, pets, and minions.

Necros can’t control their minions in a reliable fashion. They are often idle for no reason at all or out of control aggroing unwanted trash mobs. A bit more control would not hurt anyone and only help overall game play.

This request is quite reasonable.

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Interesting.

I main a necromancer and I use Bone Minion, Rise!, and Flesh Golem 90% of the time, and I have no problems “deactivating” them. Bone Minions, I just explode them when I don’t need them anymore. my Rise! herd of happy dead hamsters die off after a short wait, and I simply swap Flesh Golem with another skill to deactivate it.

No problems for me. ~shrugs~

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: HardRider.2980

HardRider.2980

Anyone who mains Necro/Reaper knows how to “kill” “deactivate” “destroy” minions.

If not in combat.. swap skills.. or blow them up.
If your minions are attacking it’s because you’ve been attacked/ too close.
It’s about knowing your own skill… situation and environment.

besides.. Skills like passive/attack etc is a Ranger ability and so shouldn’t be put on others.
Shame with Engi elite golems.. Guard spirit weapons..etc

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

I’d like to be able to start a fight by sending in the minions first. I need an attack command that doesn’t involve pushing myself to the top of the aggro list.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Leon de Damasco.8105

Leon de Damasco.8105

Summon Flesh Golem > Charge

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Can we please get a toggled button similar to rangers that puts necromancers minions on passive?

Would be a nice addition.

Would be even better if minions and pets were better. At least be grateful necros aren’t like Rangers.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

The flesh golem is the worst instigator I’ve ever seen. People complained about ranger pets going off and aggroing random enemies/objects, but the flesh golem? If you ever want to pull just 1 or 2 enemies, make sure golem is not up at the time, because he just goes full crazy on everything there. And forget stealth like, even if you don’t hit charge, he still walks left when you’re going right. I mean he is a pet in a way, but short of charge, you have no control over what and how many he decides to engage, it’s like you’re just along for the ride when he’s running, and last I checked you can’t explode him.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

Leon de Damasco.8105

And… why you want explode it?
Endless was clear about the techniques s/he use to put “passive” the minions. And I use the same techniques too.
A person asked for how start a fight just sending the minions first and that was what I said.

HazyDaisy.4107

Well, I wasn’t responding to you, just ranting about Flesh Golem control, but since you asked.

Because, he’s a minion and every other minion explodes. Flesh golem should be a walking bomb, press once to “charge” and he auto detonates at the end of “charge” instead of the whole he stays and mindlessly instigates till he dies or you switch skills.

Sorrows Furnace

Leon de Damasco.8105

Jajajaja I saw that coming about “I just said xxx but wasn’t for you, even you talked about xxx too just few post before”. Anyway, back to the point nop, not every other minion explode.

(edited by Leon de Damasco.8105)

HazyDaisy.4107

even you talked about xxx too just few post before"

Check screen names mate, prior to this post I made 2 posts. 1 was a rant, the other a response to you.

Sorrows Furnace

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

I don’t find minions a problem in GW2, they attack what you attack, and if you run past an enemy they get out of combat fairly fast,

Be greatful they do that, as in GW1 minions attacked the nearest enemy, and it wasn’t always the one you where attacking, at least in GW2 if you swap targets your minions also swap targets.

HazyDaisy.4107

Personally, I havent run MM necro for awhile. When I did, it was in wvw over a year ago. “Pulling” 1 or 2 guards from a camp with minion running was not possible at that time, the whole camp came down on you because of the flesh golem running in and attracting all the other guards. You had to explode or drown everything first.

Now, with a ranger, if you want to pull 1-2 enemies from a camp, passive works great, and all you have to do is hit a button. To that respect, I can see the arguments about no traditional passive option for minion, but it really depends on the environment.

Sorrows Furnace

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

I am not sure that comparing the functionality of a utilty skill that one can refrain from choosing to a class’ special feature that one cannot choose to forgo is reasonable. The ranger needs the ability to toggle his pet as passive because he cannot choose to unequip it. He also has no option to keep his full DPS while not utilizing his pet.

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Swapping a skill from your build just to get rid off an AI you cant control is HARDLY good game design. Is like opening a can with a knife when you don’t have a can opener: The fact that you can do it and it works doesn’t make it enough, or correct.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

(edited by Ardid.7203)

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

You want for your minions the same thing that they want for themselves: Braaaaaains!

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I admit to pressing [f1] in an attempt to shatter minions sometimes. However, this to me is a question of risk/reward — there’s precious little risk at the moment in having tons of minions.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

even you talked about xxx too just few post before"

Check screen names mate, prior to this post I made 2 posts. 1 was a rant, the other a response to you.

If you want to respond to someone to not confuse other readers maby you should quote that poster?
—-

If not a button to make minions passive, a button to kill them all would be nice, not blast them only so that they burry themselves again. Go back to the dead without a fuzz.

I do not main Necro but there are times when you have to more or less retrait just to be able to kill some bosses/enemies becouse attacks heal them or gives them stacks that will kill you if high enough. It would be nice that you could go all out attack with your minions and when the “dont attack” moment comes you kill all your minions and when you can attack again maby minions are off cooldown so you can start over.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Posted by: maxwelgm.4315

maxwelgm.4315

Reporting back to this thread, I actually reproduced a bug twice involving minions: when I summon jagged horrors through Lich Form skill 4, I never go out of combat sometimes, until I die (doesn’t matter if minions die before that either, but pretty sure their summoning triggered it). I will report it properly, of course, just letting y’all know.