Password Recovery

Password Recovery

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Odiirn.4713

Odiirn.4713

So…

We played this game about 2 years ago (me and my wife), since then we got a bit busy but we would like to resume, and perhaps even move onto the new expansion, however…

Since we played so long ago, my wife cannot remember either her password, or her character name.

Is there any way in which to recover her account? I mean, you are literally giving this game away for free, but a paying customer cannot log in due to bad memory?

Password Recovery

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

She will have to submit a support ticket. The support link is located at the top of the page.

The Burninator

Password Recovery

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

If you click on the support link, there is bolded text beneath the search field that says “Click here to reset your password” (or something along those lines). Use that. If she can’t remember the info for that, then create a support ticket, and give as much info as possible.

Password Recovery

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

So…

We played this game about 2 years ago (me and my wife), since then we got a bit busy but we would like to resume, and perhaps even move onto the new expansion, however…

Since we played so long ago, my wife cannot remember either her password, or her character name.

Is there any way in which to recover her account? I mean, you are literally giving this game away for free, but a paying customer cannot log in due to bad memory?

Would you like it if someone just “claimed” to have bad memory got access to your account (say, a gold seller). There are ways to get passwords reset, it’s not a you’re screwed, but you do have to show some proof you are the owner.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.