Patch download Issues?

Patch download Issues?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Shadowlancer.7102

Shadowlancer.7102

Anyone else since the new build?

Getting a “Connection errors….” retrying.

Patch download Issues?

Posted by: shrewd.5319

shrewd.5319

Yes, not surprising.

Patch download Issues?

Posted by: ProphetSword.5427

ProphetSword.5427

Haven’t seen it since the first week the game was released. I’m guessing there are a lot of people wanting to do it simultaneously, and it’s overloading the servers.

Patch download Issues?

Shadowlancer.7102

Yes, not surprising.

Just saw the twitter update.

“If you’re getting a connection error, be patient. Everyone is attempting to download at the same time. ~RB2”

I like how they just revealed that only privileged people are able to download. What a disappointment.

Patch download Issues?

Posted by: Grazingcattle.1627

Grazingcattle.1627

same here… we will see when this gets fixed i guess

Patch download Issues?

Posted by: Valinerya.6713

Valinerya.6713

Yes, not surprising.

“If you’re getting a connection error, be patient. Everyone is attempting to download at the same time. ~RB2”

I like how they just revealed that only privileged people are able to download. What a disappointment.

Huh? What in that statement says “only privileged people are able to download”?

Honestly… the whining and complaining in this forum is getting ludicrous.

Patience. It’s a virtue.

Patch download Issues?

ProphetSword.5427

How do you get that only “privileged people” are able to download from that? I mean, I’d really like to know how you managed to get that from such a simple statement.

Patch download Issues?

Shadowlancer.7102

@ Valinerya.6713

That’s not whining that’s called bad business. Arenanet made a big deal about no issues in downloading all at the same time.

This isn’t a downloading due to a bug or glitch, this is a plain downloading issue if them not able to handle the world asking for an update.

What this means is that people are able to access the game faster than others. if you cannot see the difference, then your post has no purpose.

Patch download Issues?

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

Why does this thread ALWAYS pop up after a big patch? A lot of people are downloading it at the same time, just be patient. Sheesh

Patch download Issues?

Valinerya.6713

Oh good grief… not everyone is going to be able to download the patch at the exact same speed.

I do call it whining. My download is stuck just like many other people’s is. I’m over it.

Patch download Issues?

Shadowlancer.7102

@ Kaizer.7135

So its perfectly okay for a customer to wait in line for a download while another person is downloading ahead of them, unknowingly if they have broadband, DSL, or some other internet connection to download the content fast enough?

Jeez, people really amazing me on how they reply in serious discussions.

Patch download Issues?

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Jeez the whining. Just do what I do while waiting for it to patch. Surf the internet, play Solitaire, pull out a PSP/DS and play something for a bit before checking again. It’s called wasting time.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Patch download Issues?

Posted by: maximus.8635

maximus.8635

Anyone else since the new build?

Getting a “Connection errors….” retrying.

same here

Patch download Issues?

Shadowlancer.7102

@ RyuDragnier.9476

Okay so because I am fighting to be allowed to download the new content, I have to waste time doing other things, not knowing when, its my “turn” or someone else in the same boat waiting on their “turn”, to start downloading the content.

This makes sense right, what you just said?

Patch download Issues?

Posted by: Keta.9601

Keta.9601

Why does this thread ALWAYS pop up after a big patch? A lot of people are downloading it at the same time, just be patient. Sheesh

Of course everyone is trying to download at the same time — they were all kicked from the game at the same time. Friday night during North America’s prime time. It shouldn’t take a rocket scientist to predict the trajectory of the servers when the clients all start downloading at the same time.

Would’ve been better served pushing the patch earlier in the day or even the week.

Patch download Issues?

ProphetSword.5427

@ Kaizer.7135
So its perfectly okay for a customer to wait in line for a download while another person is downloading ahead of them, unknowingly if they have broadband, DSL, or some other internet connection to download the content fast enough?

It is perfectly okay. It’s like going to retail store and heading to the checkout line, only to find a bunch of other customers ahead of you with larger carts. You can’t do anything but wait; because they got there first. It isn’t an injustice that you have to wait your turn, it’s just how it works.

Patch download Issues?

Posted by: XyonicS.9834

XyonicS.9834

First time in months I wanted to play, doing main story mission, get it done, but it will not update that I have done it, trapped in the instance, decide to fast travel out, game crashes. Big update, can’t reconnect, getting error. just want to play could give a kitten about the update. Way to dive me away from bothering to play this game again!

Yeah I am having a kitten, too bad if you don’t like it.

Patch download Issues?

Valinerya.6713

It is perfectly okay. It’s like going to retail store and heading to the checkout line, only to find a bunch of other customers ahead of you with larger carts. You can’t do anything but wait; because they got their first. It isn’t an injustice that you have to wait your turn, it’s just how it works.

Good analogy.

/pokes GW2 client

I think I am last in line, but eh… so be it. The patch will be downloaded at some point tonight.

Patch download Issues?

RyuDragnier.9476

@ RyuDragnier.9476

Okay so because I am fighting to be allowed to download the new content, I have to waste time doing other things, not knowing when, its my “turn” or someone else in the same boat waiting on their “turn”, to start downloading the content.

This makes sense right, what you just said?

How are you fighting to be allowed to? It’s completely random who gets to download next. Speaking of which, mine just started 2 minutes ago. 70MB and counting.

[hS]

Patch download Issues?

Shadowlancer.7102

@ ProphetSword.5427

Like I cannot stop laughing at you for this post, you do realize how bad that is business wise right? People don’t pay to wait in line for a internet issue on downloading. If that was the case, I could argue about music files being download every day.

Patch download Issues?

Posted by: Spoth.6473

Spoth.6473

well, we could just shove that little old lady in front of us in the line out of the way, but that would just be rude, right ? in this age of virtual worlds, patience and courtesy are all but extinct

Patch download Issues?

Spoth.6473

i want my cookies NOW ! whaaaaa
really folks, go make a sandwich, or take a leak, have a smoke …you’ll be in game soon enough

Patch download Issues?

Kaizer.7135

Of course everyone is trying to download at the same time — they were all kicked from the game at the same time. Friday night during North America’s prime time. It shouldn’t take a rocket scientist to predict the trajectory of the servers when the clients all start downloading at the same time.

Would’ve been better served pushing the patch earlier in the day or even the week.

It will happen regardless of what time it is, in case you didn’t know, this game is international. They pick one time that isn’t prime time for US, it maybe prime time somewhere else. Just stop complaining, it’s annoying.

Patch download Issues?

Shadowlancer.7102

@ Kaizer.7135

If that’s how you feel, then stop reading and replying to threads like this and trying to act like you have authority?

Patch download Issues?

RyuDragnier.9476

For the record, this patch is over 370MB large (at 47% now). That ALONE should tell you why it’s taking a while for the downloads to start. Imagine over 10K players downloading something that big AT THE SAME TIME. That’s what we’re dealing with here.

[hS]

Patch download Issues?

Shadowlancer.7102

@ RyuDragnier.9476

As a customer and the argument of this thread, a customer should not have to “wait in line” to start downloading.

Anything regarding to “how long it takes to download” is based on internet connection and is not part of this thread.

Patch download Issues?

Kaizer.7135

@ Kaizer.7135

If that’s how you feel, then stop reading and replying to threads like this and trying to act like you have authority?

I’m at 70%, I’m just killing tiiiiime. Don’t get so mad, seriously.

Patch download Issues?

RyuDragnier.9476

So you’re telling me that a server should be able to handle this many people downloading the same thing at the same time? I may not be able to memorize a damn thing about computer hardware, but I can tell you that over 10K people being able to download something 593MB big (it just finished downloading for me), AT THE SAME TIME FROM THE SAME DOWNLOAD SERVER without having a single problem is a pipe dream. Even Steam has this kind of problem whenever something big is released from them.

[hS]

Patch download Issues?

ProphetSword.5427

@ ProphetSword.5427

Like I cannot stop laughing at you for this post, you do realize how bad that is business wise right? People don’t pay to wait in line for a internet issue on downloading. If that was the case, I could argue about music files being download every day.

Laugh all you want. The reality is that there is only a finite amount of connections and bandwidth to give, and if there is not enough room for everyone, some will have to wait. I know patience is a quickly dying virtue in this on demand world, so consider this a good lesson.

Patch download Issues?

Shadowlancer.7102

@ ProphetSword.5427

Just a friendly quote that is accurate in people that actually owns a business.

“Time is money friend.”

Patch download Issues?

Shadowlancer.7102

@ RyuDragnier.9476

I know people use Steam alot but to my knowledge, I never heard any issues of people have downloading issues with Steam during the grand day of “Skyrim” going live. Other than issues with those on PS3 and some threads about Xbox; excluding the bugs discovered later on that was fixed later on. Well most of them.

Patch download Issues?

ProphetSword.5427

@ ProphetSword.5427

Just a friendly quote that is accurate in people that actually owns a business.

“Time is money friend.”

And yet, here you are wasting yours….

Was there a point you were trying to make?

Patch download Issues?

Posted by: cinemapaula.8673

cinemapaula.8673

Poop Occurs. Cope. We’re all having issues, its everyone all at once. As the faster connections get done, the slower ones will likely pick up speed.

Patch download Issues?

Spoth.6473

well…not really ….

Patch download Issues?

Shadowlancer.7102

@ Spoth.6473

Ah so because I voiced an opinion about customer rights and satisfaction, another customer says beat it? My my… arn’t you friendly.

Patch download Issues?

Shadowlancer.7102

@ cinemapaula.8673

Thank you for proving my earlier post about certain customer privileges to certain people.

Patch download Issues?

Shadowlancer.7102

Just for a final post, I do hope Arenanet, you do try to improve your “being allowed to start downloading” in the mere future because since you stated that each patch is going to be bigger, larger, and grander than previous patches combined each time; it is best you fix simple issues like this, if you ever attempt to out beat the competition.

I would hate to face each patching issue in the future, along with any other customers that has to deal with these same issues, each time, a major patch happens.

I believe all points in this thread have been said and there for, deemed to be closed and taken as feedback.

(edited by Shadowlancer.7102)