Patch for the 19th

Patch for the 19th

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sazukikrah.5036

Sazukikrah.5036

Why does Anet always release date on when a patch is coming out but never give enough information about whats in the patch until the patch comes out? We all watched the 15 second clip of about 3 things you’re including and its very vague … and what about the legendary short bow? Only two classes can use short bow and their skill assets aren’t very viable in pve or pvp.

Hadi the Edgemaster – Pro level Warrior (Youtube Hadi the Edgemaster)
Black Gate Tier 1 Roamer
Harbinger " I will make you (QQ)"

Patch for the 19th

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

there is no spoon

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

Patch for the 19th

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

It’s on a need to know basis.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Patch for the 19th

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

… and what about the legendary short bow? Only two classes can use short bow and their skill assets aren’t very viable in pve or pvp.

For whatever reason, they decided to work on the shortbow instead of one of the more popular weapons, which would have made sense to me. I don’t know why they did it. Maybe so many people absolutely hated the current legendary shortbow that they decided it just had to be given a second option. That’s my best guess.

Patch for the 19th

Posted by: Deleena.3406

Deleena.3406

IMO Shortbow Staff and Pistol was really in need of a less silly/whimsical option.

Patch for the 19th

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

IMO Shortbow Staff and Pistol was really in need of a less silly/whimsical option.

yeah, but we didn’t need another axe. not to mention that not even the new staff fits anything but mesmer, elementalist and necromancer. completely leaving out the three new classes that can use staff.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

Patch for the 19th

Posted by: Deleena.3406

Deleena.3406

The staff fits druid really well (even better then elementalist)

Patch for the 19th

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Shortbow was likely the one furthest along for whatever reason.

Last year they over hyped and, open to debate, under delivered. Now it’s on the down low with the hope the changes we’ll see, outside of what we expected, will surprise us.

Of course the naysayers are already prepping to complain about the lack of things that weren’t even suggested as coming for this release.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Patch for the 19th

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Last year they over hyped and, open to debate, under delivered. Now it’s on the down low with the hope the changes we’ll see, outside of what we expected, will surprise us.

Of course the naysayers are already prepping to complain about the lack of things that weren’t even suggested as coming for this release.

I can see it now…so many threads lamenting the ‘missing’ Alpine BLs that were ‘promised’ in this patch. /smh

Patch for the 19th

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

It postpones the complaining.

Gone to Reddit.

Patch for the 19th

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Cuz releasing information before it’s ready ruins lives. Their NDA is extremely strict even for the people who created it and breaking it could land them in Guantanamo Bay or something crazy like that so they have to wait for patch day to post it. It’s perfectly fine to release content before it’s ready though. They do that quite often but that’s more the result of not testing anything and having the live servers do it for free.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Patch for the 19th

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

… and what about the legendary short bow? Only two classes can use short bow and their skill assets aren’t very viable in pve or pvp.

For whatever reason, they decided to work on the shortbow instead of one of the more popular weapons, which would have made sense to me. I don’t know why they did it. Maybe so many people absolutely hated the current legendary shortbow that they decided it just had to be given a second option. That’s my best guess.

Because Shortbow was likely the CURRENT one they had been working on when future legendaries got axed? As for the OP’s “complaint” we arent giving explicit details about changes because they seriously dislike when people attempt to use such information for personal gain at an unfair level.

Patch for the 19th

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

Because Shortbow was likely the CURRENT one they had been working on when future legendaries got axed? As for the OP’s “complaint” we arent giving explicit details about changes because they seriously dislike when people attempt to use such information for personal gain at an unfair level.

How is it unfair if everyone has access to the same information?

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Patch for the 19th

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

It’s part of a larger policy shift, which is simply “less talk, more action.” Fewer promises and less hype, more deliverables.

While everything has already been finalized for the release and been through testing, so there’s (almost) no chance of anything they’d put in previews a week in advance being pulled, I think the silence is just part of their larger change in approach. I’m not in love with it, because I like preview posts, but I’m cautiously optimistic about their renewed focus.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Patch for the 19th

Behellagh.1468

I can see it now…so many threads lamenting the ‘missing’ Alpine BLs that were ‘promised’ in this patch. /smh

Yep, expecting that. Also expecting the usual “why did you fix that while this is still broken” along with a rousing chorus of “y u nerf <profession> while <other profession> is still OP”?

Lets not forget another set of BL ticket skins and an outfit or two with the complaints about how everything is all about the Gem Shop.

Break out the post patch Bingo card.

RIP City of Heroes

Patch for the 19th

Sazukikrah.5036

It postpones the complaining.

Super adventure box did that, they brought it back half finished lol.. but for the NOSTALGIA purposes.. I really wish they brought it back finished… i wanted to save the princess

Black Gate Tier 1 Roamer

Patch for the 19th

Sazukikrah.5036

It’s part of a larger policy shift, which is simply “less talk, more action.” Fewer promises and less hype, more deliverables.

While everything has already been finalized for the release and been through testing, so there’s (almost) no chance of anything they’d put in previews a week in advance being pulled, I think the silence is just part of their larger change in approach. I’m not in love with it, because I like preview posts, but I’m cautiously optimistic about their renewed focus.

I swear Revenant and Dragon hunters are still in Beta form. They have not completely played those classes through.

Black Gate Tier 1 Roamer

Patch for the 19th

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

They were never “promised” for this patch, and anyone who thinks they were hasn’t been paying attention. But yeah I know we’ll get those complaints anyways.

It’s only been confirmed that they are coming back, and will have the HoT upgrades, but they never stated when exactly they will be back. The desert borderlands are getting some fixes this coming patch.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

Patch for the 19th

Behellagh.1468

They were never “promised” for this patch, and anyone who thinks they were hasn’t been paying attention. But yeah I know we’ll get those complaints anyways.

It’s only been confirmed that they are coming back, and will have the HoT upgrades, but they never stated when exactly they will be back. The desert borderlands are getting some fixes this coming patch.

But when has fact ever supersede often repeated and possibly intentional misinformation? I think within a couple of pages in MO’s thread the blurring of when Alpine was returning started. Doesn’t take too many rounds of “telephone” to distort fact and that distortion becomes “fact”.

RIP City of Heroes

Patch for the 19th

Posted by: Conner.4702

Conner.4702

But when has fact ever supersede often repeated and possibly intentional misinformation? I think within a couple of pages in MO’s thread the blurring of when Alpine was returning started. Doesn’t take too many rounds of “telephone” to distort fact and that distortion becomes “fact”.

oops

In all seriousness though, thanks for bringing this up. I’d been meaning to fix this for a while, but it fell off my radar in light of higher priority issues.

Good news: This is now fixed.
Bad news?: This is fixed in the build where we disable Desert BL and bring back Alpine BL

• DBL Camps: Reduced the number of base guards from 4 to 3.
  • DBL Camps: Base guards are now a combination of both Scout and Guard NPCs.
  • DBL Camps: Guards have been moved inside the capture circle.

maybe look around a bit more instead of just bashing people

Patch for the 19th

Posted by: Taltevus.3289

Taltevus.3289

They do it so people on the forums can’t load them up with complaints before the update before it is released.

They’re trying to make fair ground for the content but it’s likely going to be a.) a bunch of stuff that is a disappointing and b.) stuff that nobody wanted.

Patch for the 19th

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Ya no point in showing preview of stuff cause no matter what people will spam forums with crybaby threads. And then after its released there will be more crybaby threads, and then after that there will be more crybaby threads asking why it hasn’t been fixed yet after x-amount of time, and then after that there will be a pile of threads targeting anet and why the patch was a fail for the next 6 months followed by thread of people saying they are quiting game and people asking for their stuff.

Patch for the 19th

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

oops

In all seriousness though, thanks for bringing this up. I’d been meaning to fix this for a while, but it fell off my radar in light of higher priority issues.

Good news: This is now fixed.
Bad news?: This is fixed in the build where we disable Desert BL and bring back Alpine BL

• DBL Camps: Reduced the number of base guards from 4 to 3.
  • DBL Camps: Base guards are now a combination of both Scout and Guard NPCs.
  • DBL Camps: Guards have been moved inside the capture circle.

maybe look around a bit more instead of just bashing people

That doesn’t say alpine is back on the 19th, it’s the build after, which could be a week or 2 or a month or even more. The desert BL is getting it’s quarterly fixes in the april 19th patch and they will take our feedback in regards to that after. They will obviously observe the changes and what effect the population balance beta does as well to the desert map which would require more than a week.

Again anyone who thought alpine was coming to the 19th patch will have only themselves to blame, and need to pay attention to the developers responses next time.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

(edited by Xenesis.6389)

Patch for the 19th

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

Seriously? Have you even been paying attention to the communication policy? It’s not a shift. It’s the same old dance with a different tune. Their policy has always been “We’re not going to talk about it until it’s done,” even when they were giving blogs. The fact that they’ve managed to rebrand this in such a way as to make it seem like telling people even less is a positive thing is actually impressive.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Patch for the 19th

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

The problem is, in the beginning, there was less talk, and less action. And I’m hoping they don’t go back to that.

Honestly, I’m hoping this patch delivers, because with SAB going, I might as well take a hiatus too

Patch for the 19th

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

It’s part of a larger policy shift, which is simply “less talk, more action.”

LESS talk…? lol

Patch for the 19th

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Because they don’t want another Fable of the MMO genre’s to happen again….

Patch for the 19th

Posted by: GrandPaladinTyrux.5918

GrandPaladinTyrux.5918

They don’t ‘always’ do that, they teased the Winter update and released it’s features long before it released, it’s simply because of the new leadership, who thinks they should ship before making promises.

Grand Paladin Tyrux [RoFR]
Human Dragonhunter
Tarnished Coast

Patch for the 19th

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

I think Mo’s plan this time around is to re-instill confidence in the company with the player base.

Not telling us much and then delivering a solid update that makes people happy (or as happy as they can be after the Legendary Weapons news) does a lot to convince people to be excited for future updates.

I mean, lets face it, hype has become a four letter word to a lot of people and a sarcastic, mocking meme to others. They really need to wash that away if they hope to keep people around until LS3 drops in the Fall.

It remains to be seen if this is how it ends up playing out but it wouldn’t surprise me if this was their plan.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Patch for the 19th

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Well said, Substance. +1 And pretty spot-on.

Gone to Reddit.

Patch for the 19th

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Not telling us much and then delivering a solid update that makes people happy (or as happy as they can be after the Legendary Weapons news) does a lot to convince people to be excited for future updates.

Not telling us much and then delivering a poor update would be somewhat worse. Guess we’ll find out soon. It would not surprise me if they make a change that totally break WvW, lol.

Patch for the 19th

Posted by: wrathmagik.3518

wrathmagik.3518

Why does Anet always release date on when a patch is coming out but never give enough information about whats in the patch until the patch comes out? We all watched the 15 second clip of about 3 things you’re including and its very vague … and what about the legendary short bow? Only two classes can use short bow and their skill assets aren’t very viable in pve or pvp.

Its called “under promising and over delivering”.

The first rule any business man knows.

Unfortunately Arena Net got this motto backwards for the last 3 years and lost all player faith in them.

Patch for the 19th

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Not telling us much and then delivering a poor update would be somewhat worse. Guess we’ll find out soon. It would not surprise me if they make a change that totally break WvW, lol.

It’s certainly a dicey situation to be in but I think it’s the right call.

A poor update will be a poor update no matter what. Building up expectations will just lead to people falling harder.

I’m actually more optimistic about this update than I have been about many others before. It kind of reminds me of the old GW1 balance patches that would change things greatly with little to no warning but then would include explanations as to why X and Y happened.

Anet’s biggest sin isn’t them not telling us enough before hand, it’s them not explaining why we got what we got afterwards.

It sounds like that might be what is going to happen tomorrow with the Reddit chat which will most likely happen sometime after or right as the patch drops.

Or maybe it will be a complete bomb and I’ll take another 3+ month break like I did in January. Who knows lol…

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Patch for the 19th

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

I think they are keeping quiet because they don’t want to spoil the surprise when all 16 legendaries arrive today.
I suppose other reasons are possible too.

Patch for the 19th

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

It’s certainly a dicey situation to be in but I think it’s the right call.

A poor update will be a poor update no matter what. Building up expectations will just lead to people falling harder.

I’m actually more optimistic about this update than I have been about many others before. It kind of reminds me of the old GW1 balance patches that would change things greatly with little to no warning but then would include explanations as to why X and Y happened.

Anet’s biggest sin isn’t them not telling us enough before hand, it’s them not explaining why we got what we got afterwards.

It sounds like that might be what is going to happen tomorrow with the Reddit chat which will most likely happen sometime after or right as the patch drops.

Or maybe it will be a complete bomb and I’ll take another 3+ month break like I did in January. Who knows lol…

About the thought process and explaining, yeah more of that would be nice. Riot just released a short blog explaining how they classify champs and their rolls, and why. While short, it was interesting to read.

I wish anet would do more with that so we can get a better understanding of where they are coming from

Patch for the 19th

Posted by: Shylock.4653

Shylock.4653

Only two classes can use short bow and their skill assets aren’t very viable in pve or pvp.

Thief short bow isn’t viable in PvP???

http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Daredevil_-_Dagger/Pistol

Patch for the 19th

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

Only two classes can use short bow and their skill assets aren’t very viable in pve or pvp.

I just choked on my coffee reading this bit! Shortbow to me is a lot more fun than longbow on ranger, PvE or PvP. Also, shortbow is great for condi thieves too. :p

Blood & Merlot [Wine]