Patch hours too late for Europe again?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Luna.9640

Luna.9640

First of all i would like to remind everyone that patches used to be in reasonable times for European players in the past (around 21:00-22:00 CET) but lately they’re somewhere after mid-night.

I would like to know if the future all patches will be delivered that late so i can re-do my schedule as well as my guildies and friends.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Since they never set times for patches and have never responded to calls for “what time is patch”, you will never get an answer about it I’m afraid.

I’m fairly certain the last patch I had was at the usual time though. Only the one before was later than average

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Lately? Are you actually counting all the tiny bugfix patches as well?

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

What difference does it make at what time the patch happens?

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Anet office hours are Pacific time U.S. I’m sure they release the patches when they are ready and have the staff present to work out any problems that may arise. I don’t think they want to release a completely busted patch just to appease people in other time zones. There are players from all over the globe that play GW2. The release time of a patch will not always be convenient for everyone.

The Burninator

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

Isn’t patch day next week?

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Isn’t patch day next week?

I think the OP was just asking a question in general as they referenced future patches.

The Burninator

Khisanth.2948

11:42pm – February 24, 2015
5:15pm
5:36pm
4:55pm
5:03pm
6:08pm
4:57pm
5:00pm
11:11pm
4:53pm
8:31pm
9:16pm – August 12, 2014

Looks to me like they have been patching at around 5pm.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Whose time? ANet’s or yours?

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Gobble D Goop.4081

Gobble D Goop.4081

looks like it might be a Euro time zone because that certainly isnt anet time

Habitual Warrior-Ranger
Gates Of Madness
Jewelcrafting to 500!

Khisanth.2948

Whose time? ANet’s or yours?

Neither since neither is anywhere near Europe. Unless I added the wrong time(also DST differences to consider) it should be the time in the UK. +1 hour for Spain, France and Germany.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

GW2 might have a global community, but ANet has a Washington-state-centric business model. It’s very unlikely that they will change the standard release window anytime soon, if ever.

ANet’s office hours are roughly 9 am to 5 pm pacific. They have released every scheduled update (but for one) within those 8 hours. Emergency patches (anything that wasn’t planned in advance) are more likely to occur during those times as well, although plenty happen later, depending on the severity.

This is best for the community, since it means that the maximum number of people are around for each update, just in case anything goes wrong. This includes the QA and dev staff to respond to any bugs, but also support staff, change control (the folks who annoy the devs to ensure that the right stuff makes it into the live servers), and so forth.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Cuddy.6247

Cuddy.6247

Patch times will always be late in Europe, even the earliest European time zone is 8 hours ahead of them. They’d have to be out of their kitten minds to go into work at 3-4am just to accomodate the “convenience” of an an entirely different continent.

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

I don’t think you have anything to complain about, unless like most of us Oceanic players, you get the patch the next day at the VERY early hours of the morning. Usual patch times here are averaging about 4am local time. Consider the fact that most people I’ve played with in the OCX regions only play in the afternoon/evening, that puts us a good 12 hours behind the rest of the playing community. In other words, anything new that was hot for the first few hours (like an item that could be rewarded to you and then sold at a massive price) after the patch dropped, has basically gone cold already by the time the patch updates for the majority of Oceanics.

As usual the US gets the best of it, Euro’s get the next best and the rest of the world, well… I don’t think it’s worth mentioning. Anet seems to forget about them too easily anyway.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

Khisanth.2948

I don’t think you have anything to complain about, unless like most of us Oceanic players, you get the patch the next day at the VERY early hours of the morning. Usual patch times here are averaging about 4am local time. Consider the fact that most people I’ve played with in the OCX regions only play in the afternoon/evening, that puts us a good 12 hours behind the rest of the playing community. In other words, anything new that was hot for the first few hours (like an item that could be rewarded to you and then sold at a massive price) after the patch dropped, has basically gone cold already by the time the patch updates for the majority of Oceanics.

As usual the US gets the best of it, Euro’s get the next best and the rest of the world, well… I don’t think it’s worth mentioning. Anet seems to forget about them too easily anyway.

That is debatable. Many of the patches happen at around 9am east coast and noon in the west. Most people in the US should be either at work or school since patches are on Tuesdays.

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

It’s also debatable regarding who you play with and at what times. The point is that the majority of those I play with in my time zone are afternoon/evening players. The morning players from our timezone are probably few and far between.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

Posted by: biofrog.1568

biofrog.1568

Shrug.. patches are between 1 AM and 5 AM here in West Australia, and we have quite a decent player base also. I suggest you suck it up.

Best things are like these new wings – between the time I stop playing at night, go to sleep, get up, go to work and eventually get home, there’s only a few hours left for the sale which I might easily be missed.
Or you know… every patch that’s been released already has a full completed guide on dulfy’s available by the time we even get to play it.

Time is an illusion. Patch Time, doubly so.

“There’s no lag but what we make.” – biofrog

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Since we have no server downtimes here, i don’t really see the problem as a german player.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

I don’t really see the problem with those patch times. Sure, I’d like to see the new content asap as well, but it won’t kill me if I only see it the next evening. It’s not like the content will only be there for a day (and if it is, like Store discounts, it’s always in multiples of 24 hours, so it doesn’t really matter what time it starts exactly…)

Posted by: Panites.6798

Panites.6798

Why on earth does it matter? People will be at work, at school, at karate practice, at the kids soccer game etc even if it is in their time zone. Stop whining about little things on the forums and be supportive and help out the community.