Patch notes for BWE 1-3

Patch notes for BWE 1-3

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Larynx.2453

Larynx.2453

Q:

The wiki archive only goes back as far as October. Does anyone know where I can find the list of changes for each BWE?

Patch notes for BWE 1-3

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

There were never complete patch notes for the betas but you can probably find lists of player-noted changes somewhere.

I don’t think there were any big changes through. The main things are remember are:
The UI changed a lot. The map used to be round and a fixed size, there were less buttons on the menu in the top left (and during the betas bug report had it’s own button) and the dodge bar used to be horizontal, running across the space where buffs and conditions go now.

They also re-worked the ranger pets, adding the option to stow pets and a few other options.

They scrapped the original dye system (where a dye seed dropped and you had to give it to an NPC in your home instance to grow into an unidentified dye, which took 24 hours) but also made dyes character bound instead of account bound.

They also slowed down the respawn rate for a lot of enemies. During the early betas it was a bit crazy – you could kill one normal enemy, kill another and the 1st would be back.

They also fixed a lot of bugs and added language tags to some EU servers.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Patch notes for BWE 1-3

Posted by: Yocchan.8902

Yocchan.8902

There’s a brief list on the wiki: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Beta

Patch notes for BWE 1-3

Posted by: Larynx.2453

Larynx.2453

I was specifically looking for changes to class balance. I played the beta, so I’m aware of things like the map change. Coefficients and range changes I’m not.