Patch's Auto Build

Patch's Auto Build

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Angelica Dream.7103

Angelica Dream.7103

The new Trait system looked confusing at first, but was not so bad once you got past the visual difference.
What I was pleasantly surprised at was how good of a job the auto build did in guessing to give me a working build in the mean time.

Patch's Auto Build

Posted by: bob.5680

bob.5680

I have to agree. I have lots of lvl 80 characters and was dreading having to reconfigure all of them. So far with the ones I’ve had a chance to work with the default settings have been quite ok. I’ve made some small changes, but had I needed to start from scratch it would have been really painful. As it stands, I suspect that all of my characters are playable as is. I likely will tweak each one as I play it, but that shouldn’t be too bad.

Patch's Auto Build

Posted by: Klocknov.8219

Klocknov.8219

Must not play Ele or Theif, or bursty/gimmicky Engi builds.

Patch's Auto Build

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Must not play Ele or Theif, or bursty/gimmicky Engi builds.

I had an ele (55) and a ranger(31) that were auto built. Both came out ok.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Patch's Auto Build

Posted by: Lyle.8591

Lyle.8591

congrats you are really lucky ! :>

i got terrible autobuilds that were totally nonsensical to what i had before lmao

Patch's Auto Build

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

Haven’t had a ton of time to look, but pretty sure none of my 8 came out even passable.

But I intentionally leveled them all to 80 long ago, whether I played them at the time or not, for just such an eventuality (I figured as long as I was at level cap I’d be okay regardless of how things shifted)

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Patch's Auto Build

LanfearShadowflame.3189

i got terrible autobuilds that were totally nonsensical to what i had before lmao

I’m seeing that, and it’s kinda sad. I believe they said that the autobuild was supposed to be similar to what a character was running before, so I’m curious as to what some people had prior that ended up with terrible builds. And what the autobuild code took into consideration when making selections.

Patch's Auto Build

Posted by: Lyle.8591

Lyle.8591

I’m seeing that, and it’s kinda sad. I believe they said that the autobuild was supposed to be similar to what a character was running before, so I’m curious as to what some people had prior that ended up with terrible builds. And what the autobuild code took into consideration when making selections.

hmm, yea i wonder how the autobuildin decided. i think it had something to do with the traits you had assigned at the time, as well as your equipment.

Patch's Auto Build

LanfearShadowflame.3189

hmm, yea i wonder how the autobuildin decided. i think it had something to do with the traits you had assigned at the time, as well as your equipment.

I could see it specing you into earth if you were wearing toughness gear I suppose. Since earth used to give toughness, but that’s still a bit of a stretch. What predefined traits did it select?

Patch's Auto Build

Posted by: Gulesave.5073

Gulesave.5073

I knew all my builds were going to have to change, and planned on re-tinkering all my 80’s anyway. But then again, I’m one of those people for whom building a character is the game.

Honestly, traits and skills are the easy part compared to figuring out what new equipment I need to get for everyone.

I should be writing.

Patch's Auto Build

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

From what I looked at of my characters, the auto-build seems to be a decent starting point. Better than having to completely redo my traits, but it does require a bit of tinkering. No surprise there, as I was expecting to have to tinker some with it, if only to get used to the new system.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-