Patches and Communication feedback

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: phabby.8945

phabby.8945

This is more for the Devs

Currently we are seeing with every patch minor problems and some major problems creep their nasty way into every patch, This is a given with this game that we all can deal with and cannot be avoided no matter how great you Devs are, bugs are bugs.

I cannot even fathom what you guys do coding and making this game so enjoyable for us all.

The big problem I am seeing , like with the last patch, that there isn’t a direct thread that we can input into if there is a bug directly related to a patch.
Now before everyone jumps up and down and sayes there is the bug forum go there, that system isn’t working for bugs directly related to a patch.

Eg- since last patch nearly every wvw match up has had one or more borderlands that has been bugged out on lag and disconnects and is unplayable for the most part for everyone. This was complained about within a few hrs of the patch going live and only today was a response given by a dev, even though there is spread out across the forums about 10 different threads all relating to the one problem to get a devs attention, yet not 1 of these threads was acknowledged by any dev for over a week.

There seams to be a massive breakdown of communication here that needs to be addressed , I would suggest that in the Game Bugs forum that with every new patch released you make a sticky thread that would allow ppl to place reports related to a patch in there, that way everyone knows that is where direct after patch problems go and not spread out over 5 different sub-forums, and this would make your job alot easier by having 1 spot to check daily for the nasty little buggs that take over our world after a patch has gone live.

Cheers Phabby

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Orrrr…you can post it directly in the bug forum and state why it happened, when it happened and most importantly if it happened before/after a patch

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

phabby.8945

Orrrr…you can post it directly in the bug forum and state why it happened, when it happened and most importantly if it happened before/after a patch

We did https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/latest-Patch-problems/first#post2059559

Dont you think that is about as clear as you can make it? 4 days ago, and I wasn’t the only one posting threads on 4 different sub-forums, yet they all went by unanswered till today , so I think there is a break down of communication and something need to be addressed

cheers ty for your input

Posted by: Hjorje.9453

Hjorje.9453

Actually the devs have stated before that they read the forum post. Probably the reason why they didn’t respond is they went looking for the problem and once it was determined they had something they could say in the post. I don’t see I problem with this. Most bugs seem to get fixed when they are reported and most of the time no response comes for the devs before it is fixed. They would rather of some information to give to the player base instead of the old same tune, “We will look into it”.

Hjorje

phabby.8945

I understand that Hjorje, however the patch had a wvw update to it, so you can understand everyones frustration that a direct problem with the patch went unaswered for a week when a quick responce and roll back could have been done till they sorted out what went wrong with the coding they implemented into wvw.