in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Vazir.5867

Vazir.5867

Gunnar’s Hold · Draugur [Drgr] Brimhorn and yes I have a pink quaggan backpack

Patchnotes July 9

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

So now they’re selling level-up items on the Gem Store, behind some RNG… As much as it’s easy to level, that’s somewhat annoying.

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

Patchnotes July 9

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

So now they’re selling level-up items on the Gem Store, behind some RNG… As much as it’s easy to level, that’s somewhat annoying.

It’s a chance drop from the Black Lion chests. People doubtfully will be buying keys specifically for that because, like you said, it’s easy enough to level already. However, if you do buy/have keys and manage to get one it’s a nice little treat for an alt, or a free skill point.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Patchnotes July 9

Posted by: Vazir.5867

Vazir.5867

aye nothing game breaking there, the tome will save you 10 mins of playtime :P

Gunnar’s Hold · Draugur [Drgr] Brimhorn and yes I have a pink quaggan backpack

Patchnotes July 9

Posted by: g e o.2589

g e o.2589

I dont think one rare tome of knowledge will ruin the gameplay, its just a nice thing to fid when you are leveling +1 level is nothing but at least it is something while leveling an alt

Patchnotes July 9

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

nerf to ele and buff to warrior rofl…..

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Patchnotes July 9

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

It’s not a patch if they don’t buff warrior and nerf mesmer. /rolleyes

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

Patchnotes July 9

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

+1

Nothing meaningful for 7 classes – then huge nerf to Chaos Armor.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

Patchnotes July 9

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

It’s not a patch if they don’t do anything about warrior and destroy staff mesmers. /rolleyes

Fixed.

Patchnotes July 9

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

+1

Yeah that’s exactly what I was thinking. But I play a mesmer.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Patchnotes July 9

AndrewSX.3794

+1

Yeah that’s exactly what I was thinking. But I play a mesmer.

I feel your pain bro.

/mesmerfist

(i’m just a bit less worried by having other 6 lvl 80 geared alts, that’s why i try to stay objective.)

Patchnotes July 9

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Do you seriously think that change will somehow affect Warriors in PvE?

Patchnotes July 9

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

Great …
So now the tool-tips on ranger pets will properly indicate how crap they are ..

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

Patchnotes July 9

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

Nice on killing dat Chaos Armor, brah… What’s new?

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Patchnotes July 9

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

Beats me :p – I play mesmer and PvE almost exclusively. All i know is that Warrior is crazy OP in PvE, and yet every patch Mesmer get another nerf, and Warrior gets another buff; whether the buff is objectively useful to warrior is largely irrelevant given the only thing warriors need right now is a good solid nerfing to the DPS (Or every other class a significant buffing to their DPS)

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

Patchnotes July 9

Posted by: KibaRO.8372

KibaRO.8372

what the hell is everybody talking about?….THERE"S A FRIKKING QUAGAN SHOW! A…QUAGAN…SHOW! OMG!

Patchnotes July 9

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

GW2 is balanced around pvp. Even though the balancing team tries to not hurt pve much, they do not directly focus on it either.

So, unless (or until) GW2 gets massively revamped in several key areas, dps builds, and especially GS warriors will continue to dominate this game’s pve. It’s a direct consequence of this game’s vision in not having any required roles to do content.

Patchnotes July 9

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

what the hell is everybody talking about?….THERE"S A FRIKKING QUAGAN SHOW! A…QUAGAN…SHOW! OMG!

gw as a whole is becoming more and more goofy with every patch, soon it will require a Kinect to play and combat will be you waggling your hands like a ~~~~~

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Patchnotes July 9

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Beats me :p – I play mesmer and PvE almost exclusively. All i know is that Warrior is crazy OP in PvE, and yet every patch Mesmer get another nerf, and Warrior gets another buff; whether the buff is objectively useful to warrior is largely irrelevant given the only thing warriors need right now is a good solid nerfing to the DPS (Or every other class a significant buffing to their DPS)

Warrior DPS got nerfed while ago.

Patchnotes July 9

Posted by: Aylaine.1036

Aylaine.1036

100swag still hits for a ton of damage, son.

Patchnotes July 9

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Was on the fence about spending more time finishing my mesmer. Guess I’ll focus on my main for a bit instead.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Patchnotes July 9

AndrewSX.3794

I’m not sure you know who are you talking with.

Oh, and DPS =/= doing big numbers pop (well, not just that).

Patchnotes July 9

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Not much afaik, warrior just had to switch weaponsets….

And i can understand this makes people even more sad if they have a legendary GS….
Reason once again to care more for PvE.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Patchnotes July 9

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

GW2 is balanced around pvp. Even though the balancing team tries to not hurt pve much, they do not directly focus on it either.

So, unless (or until) GW2 gets massively revamped in several key areas, dps builds, and especially GS warriors will continue to dominate this game’s pve. It’s a direct consequence of this game’s vision in not having any required roles to do content.

Maybe ANet should create a “evade chance” mob boon? Hit the mob for more than x damage within a window (or maybe x number of attacks, meaning that high channel attacks like 100b has a higher chance of triggering it than most) and the boon increments, increasing the chance that future attacks will be evaded. Back away for a bit and the boon drops.

Patchnotes July 9

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Maybe ANet should create a “evade chance” mob boon? Hit the mob for more than x damage within a window (or maybe x number of attacks, meaning that high channel attacks like 100b has a higher chance of triggering it than most) and the boon increments, increasing the chance that future attacks will be evaded. Back away for a bit and the boon drops.

CM Archers actually have something very close to this (not stacking directly), but it just makes them annoying, not actually difficult to handle.

What should really happen is that other classes need massive PvE buffs and encounters need to encourage the different classes and builds (perhaps a super massive heavily armored mob with low HP, so condition builds could melt it but power builds couldn’t, etc). Things like that are far better at this point than trying to balance the Warrior down.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Patchnotes July 9

DiogoSilva.7089

Defiance needs to go for control builds to be needed. Support builds need better infrastructure and skill mechanics, and after that, they should be strong enough to be needed. Conditions must be balanced around the caps – or have the caps removed entirely, to be needed. And then, because several new builds will be needed, pve no longer will revolve around a dps rush, but around a team with a good composition.

You know, like that game called GW1, which didn’t even have tanks, yet had far more build diversity than your average trinity MMO, and even more than GW2 can hope to get.

Of course, the next step would be to give actual weaknesses to each build, instead of making them self-sustainable. So team playing could actually play a key role. But because GW2 desperately needs to be innovative, in anet’s eyes, we should get satisfied by having a massive multiplayer online game that revolves almost completely around solo-playing and minimal player interaction.

(edited by DiogoSilva.7089)

Patchnotes July 9

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

You can’t be more wrong about PVE and PvP balance.In GW1 the two parts were split.In GW2 is hapening the same.Some skill that is OP in PvE doesn’t mean it will be or stay for long the same in PvP.
Anet has an old tradition to split the skills.With some it already happens with other it will happen at some point.
Don’t give me this bulkitten that balancing is going around only one type of game play – PvP or PvE because it’s not true

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

Patchnotes July 9

DiogoSilva.7089

No, I am right. Note what I’ve said:

They are splitting skills so that their pvp changes do not hurt pve much. However, they are NOT directly focusing on pve, few exceptions aside, and this is as clear as day.

Since the game is out, we have seen all or almost all meta pvp builds nerfed, and a massive attempt at making all classes viable in pvp. But we have yet to see the same effort being done for pve.

Anet has a pvp balancing team that cares about not hurting pve (much). They do not have, however, a dedicated pve balancing team.

(edited by DiogoSilva.7089)

Patchnotes July 9

Posted by: Aylaine.1036

Aylaine.1036

I’m not sure you know who are you talking with.

Oh, and DPS =/= doing big numbers pop (well, not just that).

Pretty sure I quoted the right person.

Patchnotes July 9

AndrewSX.3794

Just take a look at what happens in PvE meta-wise.

Every change that get introduced in the patches has ever been made strictly for a nerf/buff in PvE? No.

Every change in PvE meta has always been driven by a “Well this skill/trait was too powerful in PvP and got nerfed, let’s find out something else”.

RTL
Blurred Frenzy and IC and Shattered Strenght and IntotheVoid
Pet Dmg
Berserker Power + HF
Grenade Kit

and so on.

And how many of those extremely important traits/skills has been splitted?
Take a guess.

(hint: 0)

So far the only splits i recall are SY of guard and conf/retal numbers.

Patchnotes July 9

Posted by: zTales.4392

zTales.4392

Does anyone have screenshots of all the new skins?

Bri Dragonblight – Ranger | Bri Iceblight – Guardian
Northern Shiverpeaks

Patchnotes July 9

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

TLDR: Reskined Dragon Bash with new temporary map>?

Patchnotes July 9

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

The Outmanned buff has been renamed to Outnumbered.

Whew! Glad to see the feminist boycott of WvW finally broke those evil male chauvinists at ANet.

We can now go back to killing each other in a politically correct environment.

Patchnotes July 9

Posted by: zTales.4392

zTales.4392

Whew! Glad to see the feminist boycott of WvW finally broke those evil male chauvinists at ANet.

LOL. When was this even brought up as an issue? xD

Bri Dragonblight – Ranger | Bri Iceblight – Guardian
Northern Shiverpeaks

Patchnotes July 9

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

Ehh stop your complaining it was a easy why not fix. We can now mail our siege.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

Patchnotes July 9

Posted by: Celebratty.1632

Celebratty.1632

Sooo…

Anyone know when the patch will be live?

Lulu [LGN] Anvil Rock
Garbage at every profession 2015

Patchnotes July 9

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

So, we get more fluff crap. Some vendors for, most likely, lame and useless fluffy rewards. Some mini games. Some gimmicky areas with the jump boosts.

The only thing I see here that is worthwhile is the achievement point system.
I’ll be logging in to check out the rewards and them promptly logging out as there is still, nothing to do in this game.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Patchnotes July 9

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

So, we get more fluff crap. Some vendors for, most likely, lame and useless fluffy rewards. Some mini games. Some gimmicky areas with the jump boosts.

I’ll be logging in to check out the rewards and them promptly logging out as there is still, nothing to do in this game.

So why even bother doing that? I never get these posts about logging in for the sake of logging in and then back out. Seems like a waste of a few minutes to me.

The Burninator

Patchnotes July 9

JustTrogdor.7892

Sooo…

Anyone know when the patch will be live?

Not sure. I got the update notice in game a few hours ago. Nothing yet it seems.

The Burninator

Patchnotes July 9

Posted by: Sirius.4510

Sirius.4510

Are BL chests still worthless?

…yep.

Just a random PuGgle.
Stormbluff Isle ( http://www.stormbluffisle.com )

Patchnotes July 9

Posted by: Toroquin.3605

Toroquin.3605

Hmm… The Tome of Knowledge…
While I don’t at all mind that they sell level-boosting items (even if it would take you all the way to 80), “Using the Tome of Knowledge will grant the character one level and all associated benefits” sound very much like it would reset your health too, just like normal leveling. This only happens randomly otherwise, but if you get an on-demand level up it would also mean that you get an on-demand reset (which also means that carrying a number of them can make you potentially invincible).
I know, it’s silly, they might have already though about and restricted it from being used in combat, and it’s probably too rare to be used in that way anyways but still?

Patchnotes July 9

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

So why even bother doing that? I never get these posts about logging in for the sake of logging in and then back out. Seems like a waste of a few minutes to me.

Only took a few seconds to type. About as long as it takes to complete this new and exciting content.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Patchnotes July 9

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Good god this achievement thing is horrible. Just got a bunch of random low level gathering stuff and some boosts dumped in my bag taking up space with no warning, and will have to wait tomorrow to pick up my reward for 500 points when I am currently sitting on 5500 points.

Way to make me not give a kitten about your big update.

Patchnotes July 9

JustTrogdor.7892

Only took a few seconds to type. About as long as it takes to complete this new and exciting content.

Well I hope you enjoy the few seconds it takes you to complete the new content. That way you can logout and go do something else I suppose. Oh, and I wasn’t talking about your typing. I was referencing your comment that you would login game just to logout. Seems kind of a waste to me but if you enjoy that have fun with it.

The Burninator

Patchnotes July 9

Levetty.1279

Chaos Armour got smiter’s boned, Ranger still absolutely useless, Warrior got Buffed.

Yep its a GW2 patch alright, would be nice if we got a balance team that cared about the community and were in touch with the game.

Patchnotes July 9

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

Ehh stop your complaining it was a easy why not fix. We can now mail our siege.

For what it’s worth, my post wasn’t intended as a complaint, just a bit of humor poking fun at this patch note.

Though I understand, with the current state of the forums, that it is easy to see RAAAGE in pretty much any post.

Patchnotes July 9

JustTrogdor.7892

Good god this achievement thing is horrible. Just got a bunch of random low level gathering stuff and some boosts dumped in my bag taking up space with no warning, and will have to wait tomorrow to pick up my reward for 500 points when I am currently sitting on 5500 points.

OMG you got some boosters and some gold just for logging in and now you have to wait a A WHOLE DAY for the 500 reward!!!!!!????!!!! I don’t think you will make it. I sure wouldn’t.

The Burninator

Patchnotes July 9

Levetty.1279

OMG you got some boosters and some gold just for logging in and now you have to wait a A WHOLE DAY for the 500 reward!!!!!!????!!!! I don’t think you will make it. I sure wouldn’t.

Mature response, you sure showed me and I will never share my opinion again.

Once again, bravo on the maturity.