Path of Fire - Perks for Veteran Players?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ashley.3408

Ashley.3408

i really dont understand what your asking them too do apart from keep expansions at same price and never drop, because thats pretty much all your post seems to imply your annoyed at.

no game will be bug free thats impossible something gets fixed something else gets bugged.

if they spent 6 months fixing bugs youd then moan as a veteran that theres no content for you veteran players. if they spent time revamping older zones youd moan you have done that zone 50times already wheres mah new content.

Posted by: Xstein.2187

Xstein.2187

They already give out birthday gifts.
Never discounting an expansion, even when years have past and new expansions have been released, would only hurt the gw2 population as well as Anet as a whole.

Lägertha Lothbrök: PvE Mesmer
Schrödingers Clone: PvP Mesmer

Posted by: Doll Mistress.9267

Doll Mistress.9267

i really dont understand what your asking them too do apart from keep expansions at same price and never drop, because thats pretty much all your post seems to imply your annoyed at.

no game will be bug free thats impossible something gets fixed something else gets bugged.

if they spent 6 months fixing bugs youd then moan as a veteran that theres no content for you veteran players. if they spent time revamping older zones youd moan you have done that zone 50times already wheres mah new content.

Not even close. I understand discounts to a point, but, make free what people paid a lot of money for, isn’t acceptable.

With the amount of money that many people have paid to play just GW2, we should be able to expect a bit more. GW1 was set up for Veterans better than Gw2 is.

Birthday gifts are cool and all, but, who needs tomes of knowledge, and gifts to level characters to lvl 20, 30, and 40, after all that time, really? They’re useless. If in this many years you need help leveling a character to that level, this isn’t the game for you.

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

Have you tried the free version? It is vastly different than the paid version. Yes, you get to play the core game for free, but the limitations placed upon it are significant.

And what game doesn’t get cheaper over time? Or almost anything, except maybe cars.

And we vets do get “a bit more.” We don’t have to spend $20 to buy HoT, which we already own.

Regarding tomes and insta-20/30/40 boosts: speak for yourself, I never have enough of them, they are far from useless.

Posted by: WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

I am a vet player myself been playing since guild wars myself came out wiped my account x5 even and redid it all over again till the beta of guild wars 2 came out .

the way I see it the game owes you noting at all it sure owes me noting at all . what the game did owe you got out of playing the game for this long with many updates and few other things and some events having said that

I already put my order in for Path of Fire of the ultimate edition with the gems to boot . to me that is the whole perk in its self and I do not need to come to the forums crying me a river oh I am a VET their for I get perks for every new thing that comes out as well as perks for new packs that come out too . when you do that you only make us and the game and company super bad . and that needs to stop now like I said the game owes me noting and sure does not owe you any thing at all so stop crying

no new system upgrades coming

Posted by: Sondergaard.8469

Sondergaard.8469

Not even close. I understand discounts to a point, but, make free what people paid a lot of money for, isn’t acceptable.

With the amount of money that many people have paid to play just GW2, we should be able to expect a bit more. GW1 was set up for Veterans better than Gw2 is.

Birthday gifts are cool and all, but, who needs tomes of knowledge, and gifts to level characters to lvl 20, 30, and 40, after all that time, really? They’re useless. If in this many years you need help leveling a character to that level, this isn’t the game for you.

Do yourself a favor… go in the game and type /age. Look at the number of hours played in total, then divide the cost of the game that you paid by that number.

Your cost over time per hour of entertainment is likely in the fractions of cents. You paid money to enjoy that entertainment earlier than those who didn’t. Just like you can pay $20 to go to the movies on release day, or watch it for ‘free’ when HBO picks it up or it airs on public TV.

Likewise, anytime you paid them additional money you already received what you paid that money for. Gems for gold, or store items, etc. If you gave them more money you got something back every time.

This sense of feeling like you’re owed something because you’ve played a game for thousands of hours doesn’t make sense. They gave you thousands of hours of entertainment for a very low entry fee considering what other forms of entertainment cost, and you feel like they owe you more?

(edited by Sondergaard.8469)

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

They should make a statue of me and put it outside their Hq. I bought the game and the expac so i should get at least that much…

(like good experiences from playing the game and such isnt enough of a reward)

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

I am a vet player myself been playing since guild wars myself came out wiped my account x5 even and redid it all over again till the beta of guild wars 2 came out .

the way I see it the game owes you noting at all it sure owes me noting at all . what the game did owe you got out of playing the game for this long with many updates and few other things and some events having said that

I already put my order in for Path of Fire of the ultimate edition with the gems to boot . to me that is the whole perk in its self and I do not need to come to the forums crying me a river oh I am a VET their for I get perks for every new thing that comes out as well as perks for new packs that come out too . when you do that you only make us and the game and company super bad . and that needs to stop now like I said the game owes me noting and sure does not owe you any thing at all so stop crying

So your previous thread is just blowing smoke?
No wonder you dont get the engine upgrades you crave mate.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/no-new-system-specs-Path-of-fire-no-buy/first

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

So your previous thread is just blowing smoke?
No wonder you dont get the engine upgrades you crave mate.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/no-new-system-specs-Path-of-fire-no-buy/first

LUL i was about to ask the same.

Posted by: Egg Shennn.6240

Egg Shennn.6240

While I’d like it if existing game owners got some extra perk when buying a new expansion (a character slot, a bag slot, something, just to say thanks for being a loyal customer), I certainly don’t have any issue with the previous games dropping in price over time.

You buy a car and a couple years later you see the same car, same year is being sold for less, you won’t be shocked, why should you be upset that something else a few years old is now valued at a lower rate on the market?

Posted by: Arcadio.6875

Arcadio.6875

I bought GW1 Complete for $40 a couple of years before GW2’s release. All that content for significantly less than someone who bought GW(Prophecies), Factions, Nightfall, and EotN as they released. But I came at a time when GW1 was already past its prime in terms of popularity. Veteran GW1 players have all these fond memories of their time playing GW1. I still had fun playing what I did until I switched to GW2 because that came out, but I’ll never feel the same nostalgia for GW1. It makes me a little jealous.

Now I’m on the other side when it comes to GW2. Pre-purchased GW2, HoT, and will for PoF at some point before release. No regrets paying the money I did and have no jealousy over someone paying much less or nothing at all (for the base game). The years of memories was well worth it. Experiencing the game as it grew and the excitement for what was to come is something a person who gets a GW2 Complete down the road will not be able to enjoy.

Veterans don’t need “perks” (topic creator has yet to give any example of a perk veterans should get). We paid for the ability to access the game longer. That in itself is a perk.

Lord Arcadio
League Of Ascending Immortals [OATH]

(edited by Arcadio.6875)