Path of Fire Pre-Req Question

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Azuset.5804

Azuset.5804

Do I need Heart of Thrones to play Path of Fire?

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

No.

Posted by: Jethro.9376

Jethro.9376

Q: Do I need to own Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns™ in order to play Path of Fire?

Owning Heart of Thorns isn’t required to access Path of Fire content.

source PoF FAQ

Posted by: Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.2946

Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.2946

With the caveat that it’s cheaper to buy both than it is to buy them individually.

Posted by: escoces.4870

escoces.4870

So gliding is not required?

Posted by: lmaogg.7325

lmaogg.7325

I think what the question mean is “Do I need to buy HoT first to play PoF”. There are people who think you have to buy both xpac seperately.

escoces.4870

I think what the question mean is “Do I need to buy HoT first to play PoF”. There are people who think you have to buy both xpac seperately.

Yeh. I have three accounts. two with HoT, one without. My question is basicaly, and sorry if it’s been answered already, can I buy PoF for the non-HoT account and not miss out on anything other than HoT specific content?

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

If I’m understanding the after show analysis, Gliding will not be integral to the map design, and mushrooms will be rare in the desert. There is a very long discussion to this question if we tried to go in depth about it….. but the short version is it’ll be useful (like it is in Tyrian maps), but POF isn’t expressly designed to take advantage of it. If anything, more effort was put into making sure Gliding doesn’t circumvent the Mounts when it comes to travel.

Keep in mind that the desert is going to be mostly flat, with a lot of open space between any significant vertical locations, outside of things purposely built to be tall (like towns, rock formations, and canyons). Gliding might help you get down to the bottom safely…. but thats like working your way down from the top of a jumping puzzle. It doesn’t help you get to the top in the first place, and at best is just the most direct path to the starting point.

escoces.4870

That’s what I was hoping, thanks.