Path of Fire Stress Test August 31, 2017

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: AncientYs.8613

AncientYs.8613

Will demo accounts get reset before the stress test, or will it be the same demo account as the PvP demo?

Demo accounts get reset after each demo weekened is over.

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Ok. Let’s all make minion masters, equip minis and concentrate in one point and use all of our skills at the same time.

That would be awesome, everyone do that

Wait really? Is this really what you want people to do?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

They do and they don’t. If your character name is still taken, probably they haven’t deleted it yet. A lot of people reported being unable to use their demo name on a live character during the week afterwards, only to have it free up shortly before the second demo.

I’d expect them to delete before tomorrow’s test, but I am not 100% sure they will. They let us reuse the same characters in the vanilla and HoT beta stresses.

Posted by: Feothyr.6072

Feothyr.6072

Ok. Let’s all make minion masters, equip minis and concentrate in one point and use all of our skills at the same time.

Let’s do this! \o/

Goroth – Necro | Valea – Mesmer
Naneth – Guardian | Brannoc Oakbark – Ranger
Is all that we see or seem just a dream within a dream?

Posted by: DelphiFaela.6823

DelphiFaela.6823

…but that ain’t gonna happen.

You may shatter my dreams but you cannot shatter my hype!

For the Toast!

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Will demo accounts get reset before the stress test, or will it be the same demo account as the PvP demo?

As I said in my initial post, you should create a demo character. it is likely that previous demo characters no longer exist or that you would need to reconfigured them, anyway.

…but that ain’t gonna happen.

You may shatter my dreams but you cannot shatter my hype!

Well, for goodness sake, I wouldn’t even want to try!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Several players have asked where the test will take place, in an in-game sense.

The area in which the stress test will take place is the Crystal Desert map that you may previously have visited during our PvE Preview Weekend.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: Ester Sauter

Previous

Ester Sauter

GW2 QA Lead

Next

We’re trying to stress test, things that put stress on the servers are encouraged. We would also like you to play as you would on day one. We are looking for the performance issues that Gaile talked about in the initial post, but if a bunch of players want to get creative I’m the last person to tell them not to!

But again, as Gaile said, be prepared performance issues, but as this is a stress test, lets stress things.

If you run into bugs or weirdness, take into account that we are doing a stress test, but you can always use /bug in game. We have people who look at those reports on a regular basis.

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

if you enable elite specs can you also allow us to use golem testing area in aerodrome?

Posted by: Dethl.2875

Dethl.2875

try and get someone to throw in a merchant to sell a bunch of npc spawning consumables. ogre whistles, fire ele powder, etc. the more the merrier.

oh, and runes of the ogre default on builds.

some server who knows
Foolsworn (M) | Dehtl (M) | Iofo (G) | Foolburt (W) | Fooloop (T)
Fools Foolentine (EN) | Fooliqi (EL) | Fooniols (N) | Foylshen (R )

Posted by: Ester Sauter

Previous

Ester Sauter

GW2 QA Lead

Next

We do have code that will limit the mini rendering but the race may have possibilities….

Posted by: Hicci.8761

Hicci.8761

if you enable elite specs can you also allow us to use golem testing area in aerodrome?

This.

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

Can you please do a stress testing for WvW please ?

Skill lag getting worse and worse each day.

Thanks.

Posted by: hugo.4705

hugo.4705

So Europe… 11pm O_o ok so I will miss it…. Can’t play at night, too tired… And When I will wake up the stress test should ended some hours before….

Join Inquest or Aetherblades that’s a terrible choice!
Please Anet, more underground, more asuran cities!
[TP] Bring back Moto’s boom box!

AncientYs.8613

So Europe… 11pm O_o ok so I will miss it…. Can’t play at night, too tired… And When I will wake up the stress test should ended some hours before….

yep.. that’s basically it.. for us in Europe starts 1 hour before midnight and end the next day before we wake up.

No chance to play unless we wait until 11pm.. :< i would.. but tommorow is work day for me T_T

Posted by: Alin.2468

Alin.2468

Let’s see if I get this right… Guild Wars 2 players are wanted to get into game on 31 August 2017 and use demo accounts, spend hours in Path of Fire, just tot test PoF product.

Will I get payed? Will I get any rewards? Will I get anything for my time spent on testing your product or content?

From what I understand I get nothing from testing other virtual content. The demo account will be erased, and I won’t get any reward or attention from my time spent there, in that expansion. Why should I do that?! There is no fun in wasting valuable time that will be erased and forgotten later. Every second of life counts.

I am sorry, but like Benjamin Franklin said: “Time is money”. I shall not help you with my time unless you pay me.

This is the best elementalist build: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh5zjK7ITpQ

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

We’re trying to stress test, things that put stress on the servers are encouraged. We would also like you to play as you would on day one. We are looking for the performance issues that Gaile talked about in the initial post, but if a bunch of players want to get creative I’m the last person to tell them not to!

But again, as Gaile said, be prepared performance issues, but as this is a stress test, lets stress things.

If you run into bugs or weirdness, take into account that we are doing a stress test, but you can always use /bug in game. We have people who look at those reports on a regular basis.

I guess there will be a feedback thread during the stress test, so maybe its a good idea, if you can give us a little template on how we should report, if we plan some crazy stuff with info on shard IP, time and what exactly we were doing.

As a trader, I sometimes have very long loot queues rolling down on the right side of my screen, for example when opening 5k lootbags or using salvage all on 5k bloodstone-warped hides.

After a couple of thousand items scrolled through my screen, my framerate drops until it freezes at some point, unless I reset the loot queue by waypointing.

Most of those performance issues are probably caused by my side due to hardware limitations, depending on which computer I am playing.

But sometimes, especially if i just afk after opening/salvaging a big sample size and let my loot queue run out, which has taken more than 30 minutes on occassions, I come back to the game and see complaints from other players in map or say chat reporting performance issues as well during that time. Keep in mind that I usually do that in DR and not on a full pve or wvw map.

So I always wondered, wether my loot queue also might put alot of stress on the servers and create performance issues for other players as well.

I could probably manage to get a good sample size of containers and salvage items to do some testing during the stress test.

Or I just try how many wintersday gifts I can open while doing the race.

I´d wager you a Hardened leather-padded Mystic Coin that I can manage 10 stacks of Wintersday Gifts and a Top 5 Finish.

If not, I just blame performance issues and rage quit.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Crackers.9628

Crackers.9628

This game stresses me enough as it is

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Here’s some additional information for you:

The developers intend for the test to run a couple of hours….

Well, I’m out as I don’t leave work until 4pm Pacific.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Here’s some additional information for you:

The developers intend for the test to run a couple of hours and they hope to enable the elite specs. One of the advantages of our release system is it has a great deal of flexibility so it depends exactly on how our internal ‘pre-testing’ goes as to what will be enabled.

As far as whether you keep progress during the stress test, the answer is “No.” All demo characters will head into a well-deserved retirement, and you will join Path of Fire at launch with an existing or newly-created character on your game account.

Yay, elite specs!

Posted by: Vegeta.2563

Vegeta.2563

Several players have asked where the test will take place, in an in-game sense.

The area in which the stress test will take place is the Crystal Desert map that you may previously have visited during our PvE Preview Weekend.

Is this stress test only to test the new map itself, or is it game wide?

I ask because WvW has been getting really bad lag issues with zerg vs. zerg fights.. and ping values jumping up higher, and getting “skill delay” issues. Wasn’t sure if this stress test was to also help with that or not.

This Guild Is Fire [PRUF]

Posted by: Xbon.9086

Xbon.9086

What is STRESS test? I don’t get it! It’s not “How the game can be stressful for players” I think? And so, we will have access to Elites, Mount AND Pve at same time? Some changes about mount sickness to expect?

btw, add a swap weapons button for engineer: I want to toggle between my rifle and my hammer!

need to test server capacity, having all the events and what not happen, otherwise you have what happens when woW launches a new expansion, without fail, the game is like unplayable for like a week.

Posted by: Tyche.4072

Tyche.4072

Shouldn’t we be able to make chars now?

AncientYs.8613

Shouldn’t we be able to make chars now?

chill bruh.. it’ll be active any minute now :>

Posted by: Dethl.2875

Dethl.2875

it’s the 30th today

some server who knows
Foolsworn (M) | Dehtl (M) | Iofo (G) | Foolburt (W) | Fooloop (T)
Fools Foolentine (EN) | Fooliqi (EL) | Fooniols (N) | Foylshen (R )

Posted by: Tekey.7946

Tekey.7946

I thought it was August 31st, not today but tomorrow?

AncientYs.8613

I thought it was August 31st, not today but tomorrow?

yeah i don’t know either.. i’m confused is it august 30th at 11pm or 31st?

Posted by: Tekey.7946

Tekey.7946

Nah, I meant the stress test will definitely be tomorrow, today is still 30th like Dethl said

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

It’s not yet August 31st at 2pm Pacific time, so it would be tomorrow, or 24 hours from now.

AncientYs.8613

Nah, I meant the stress test will definitely be tomorrow, today is still 30th like Dethl said

oh i see :>

Posted by: DirtyDan.4759

DirtyDan.4759

Let’s see if I get this right… Guild Wars 2 players are wanted to get into game on 31 August 2017 and use demo accounts, spend hours in Path of Fire, just tot test PoF product.

Will I get payed? Will I get any rewards? Will I get anything for my time spent on testing your product or content?

From what I understand I get nothing from testing other virtual content. The demo account will be erased, and I won’t get any reward or attention from my time spent there, in that expansion. Why should I do that?! There is no fun in wasting valuable time that will be erased and forgotten later. Every second of life counts.

I am sorry, but like Benjamin Franklin said: “Time is money”. I shall not help you with my time unless you pay me.

I am speechless…………..

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

Multiaccount ( afk ) could be an extra or not?

Posted by: Psientist.6437

Psientist.6437

I will interrogate some NPCs, see if I can get them to crack under pressure.

“No! You can’t eat the ones that talk!
They’re special! They got aspirations.”
Finn the human

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

I am speechless…………..

lol, it’s like “having fun with new stuff is a waste of time because I don’t get… payed”? xD

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I am speechless…………..

I’m not. Assuming the post is serious, anyway.

What you get is another peek into a new map, more chances to practice using the raptor, and apparently even another shot at testing elite specs. Most of all you get to know that thanks to you doing nothing more strenuous than logging into the game and running around a bit, you helped make sure that when the expansion arrives it doesn’t crash the game for everyone for long periods of time.

This includes you. If you’re this upset about being invited to purely optionally spend your time having fun deliberately attempting to overload the server, I daren’t predict your response if you start playing once it “counts” only to find your connection failing so much you can’t play.

Or do you think they can magically ensure server stability under the load of millions of people surging in to the new content without first having a large scale stress test, possible only with the aid of massive numbers of players?

It doesn’t really matter, though. You’re not interested in this ‘waste of your time’ so, um, I’m sure the stress test won’t notice one player’s abstention. Enjoy your time doing real, lasting things. With pixels.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Aside from a possibly less crashy/glitchy game when it goes live, you do gain something. Knowledge.

Let me tell you a small story. When I and some friends wound up going to Orlando, Florida many years ago, we took some time to go to Disney World. When we got to DW/Epcot, someone gave us some free advice: That big shiny ball-thing that everyone sees whenever they see anything about Epcot? EVERYONE heads there first, because they think that’s the big thing. So, avoid it until later, when those crowds have thinned out. Head right past it, and get on as many other rides/attractions as you can before the main crowd gets past the ball, and you’ll have a better time.

Get in there. Look around. Find the “Epcot Ball” of the zone, and then find the stuff you want to do past it. Everyone’s going to be in the city. Looking around, racing raptors, and trying to make stew. Go past that. Did you know there’s a Mastery Point beyond the city, surrounded by deadly quicksand? If you know where and how, you can reach it with advanced gliding. Or how about the Point on the roofs of the city? There’s a way up to it, if you can find it. Find it now, avoid the crowd that will form once the mob notices it. Go back for the early stuff later.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

I had been rendered speechless precisely four times in my entire life.

That count is now five.

Enjoy your free hours on Thursday, as I will — and many will — enjoy a couple of hours in the new map for Guild Wars 2. To each his/her/their own.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Is there a way to measure how much stress I have during the test?

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Is there a way to measure how much stress I have during the test?

I recommend the Stress-o-Meter 2000™, with the special Balthazarazon® app.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: maekirvilemist.1286

maekirvilemist.1286

If the elite specs will indeed be available, that’d be nice so I can actually have a much more accurate test for my main since they will be spending most of their time in PvE anyways.

Also a thought, maybe given the limited time of this test, we should be put directly into Amnoon with the Raptor unlocked and the two masteries that could be unlocked during the preview weekend instantly unlocked for us so we can get straight to the nitty-gritty.

Posted by: Zedek.8932

Zedek.8932

Excelsior.

Wow, I have like one week in 2 years late shift and it’s this week. So I can actually participate. I still want to try out the sharpshooter and hopefully they can enable it, whatever that means. I got into a bit of hype after having some showerthoughts that, unlike predicted at first, the Deadeye might be actually supporting my gameplay style. But then, I have no idea how it’ll work ingame. Getting a little bit of testing would be great.

Let’s see what will actually happen tomorrow.
(Also, please translate the time and date for several placed of this world, e.g. East Coast, West Coast, Europe, Australia, Russia. I know this is kittenA-based company, but this is the EN forums, that literally includes the whole world, else it’d be a NA forums like in League of Legends. Greetings from Germany though)

EDIT: I give up. “United Stated-based company”. Whatever I do, it’s always getting Charr’d. Kitten filter. Meow. Purr…

Zedexx, sly Asura Thief/Assassin
and politically highly incorrect. (#Asuracist)
“We [Asura] are the concentrated magnificence!”

(edited by Zedek.8932)

Posted by: TheMaskedParadigm.3629

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

This is the most ridiculous thing I’ve seen out of 5 years of reading these forums, reddit, in-game map chat, guild website forums, and YouTube comments. I haven’t posted in the official forums for over a year and you got me to log in and do it. I’d mail you a trophy if I could

Brazil
Youtube Channel – http://www.youtube.com/t3llularman

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

If the elite specs will indeed be available, that’d be nice so I can actually have a much more accurate test for my main since they will be spending most of their time in PvE anyways.

Also a thought, maybe given the limited time of this test, we should be put directly into Amnoon with the Raptor unlocked and the two masteries that could be unlocked during the preview weekend instantly unlocked for us so we can get straight to the nitty-gritty.

While I appreciate the suggestion, and I can see what motivated it, we really need those who want to participate to go through the process as if it was release day.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: Dovienya.6597

Dovienya.6597

You must have been warned against letting the golden hours slip by; but some of them are golden only because we let them slip by.
-J.M. Barrie

Posted by: Zedek.8932

Zedek.8932

While I appreciate the suggestion, and I can see what motivated it, we really need those who want to participate to go through the process as if it was release day.

That makes sense. The whole FF14 fiasko (login-queues, crashes, bugs, angry players, etc.) happened because Square Enix screwed up with Stormblood and overloaded their duty finder – a requirement to actually start playing the expansion more or less.

(Thank god I quitted that mess 2 years ago and joined this great Krewe.. I mean, company!)

Zedexx, sly Asura Thief/Assassin
and politically highly incorrect. (#Asuracist)
“We [Asura] are the concentrated magnificence!”

Posted by: Evilglasses.8059

Evilglasses.8059

And all the theorycrafting WvWers who’d been typing away at their calculators and glued with their eyes to the wiki since demo weekend sat up, took notice, threw up their hands and cried out “Hallelujah, extra testing time!” And all those who were away from home hung their heads in sorrow, for they had to work.

Posted by: Kovu.7560

Kovu.7560

I feel like my computer will be stress tested a heck of a lot harder than their server, using that method.

~ Kovu

Charr Ranger, Necromancer, Thief
Fort Aspenwood. [CREW], [TLC], [ShW], [UNIV]

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

If the elite specs are available, will they be exactly the same as in the beta weekend? As in, are there any changes made to any of the elite specs?

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

What is STRESS test? I don’t get it! It’s not “How the game can be stressful for players” I think?

A stress test is how well servers can handle the load of players in connection to whatever might be causing server-sided lag on the maps as well (environmental effects, skill effects and what not). In that case, maps or skill effects and the like will need to get optimized, maybe server resources need to be adjusted or upgraded etc.

(edited by Ashantara.8731)

Posted by: Deihnyx.6318

Deihnyx.6318

Will we be able to stress test the gear templates you most certainly have in store for us during these 2 hours? <3

Or you could just force all EBG players to fight within SMC during 2 hours. I’m sure that will do for crashing it!