Path of Fire Stress Test August 31, 2017

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Palador,

Don’t make me add the “Just Kidding Song” sound file to every post, now! Especially when I used not just a smiley but a huge smiley!

If you see the post as an “ask” and I see it as an “opportunity” I think we can agree that either definition is perfectly fine. I’m glad that you’re going to accept the invitation, and hope to see you there!

My gaming rig “blew up”.
So I’m, as fast as the ISP can, downloading the client on my laptop, to be ready and help for the stress test (thoug I’ll play with 10 FPS bst case).

Oh gosh, hope that sorts out ok! Under the circs, don’t stress it (pun intended) but come along only if it’s convenient for you!

All the best in a comp reset or redo.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

Posted by: Venoo.8029

Venoo.8029

Are we able to play the new Elite specs in the Stress Test?

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

This is confirmed on the first page

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Venoo.8029

This is confirmed on the first page

Can you quote it please? I dont see it.

Here’s some additional information for you:

The developers intend for the test to run a couple of hours and they hope to enable the elite specs. .

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

hm.. according to the world clock it’s 2pm pacific time now

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

hm.. according to the world clock it’s 2pm pacific time now

It’s noon Pacific time right now.

Venoo.8029

Stress test starts in around 2 hours

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Update on Elite Specializations:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Stress-Test-and-Elite-Specializations

Content:

Stress Test and Elite Specializations

A message from the Skills and Balance Team:

We hope you’ll enjoy riding around in Elona with the new elite specializations today and look forward to hearing about your experience.

There have been a number of changes and bug fixes to some of the specializations since the first time you were able to play them during the WvW/PvP Preview Weekend. However, we still are vetting and testing many of the changes, and as a result the stress test today will have the same versions that were featured during the preview weekend. You’ll be able to see the updated elite specialization changes on September 22nd!

See you in Tyria!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

Posted by: Brutaly.6257

Brutaly.6257

To bad we dont get the chance to give feed back on the changes you mention in that thread. I am dying to see instant tomes and 600 range on those mantras ;-)

But good to see the elites in the stress test.

Thanks for being an example to your colleagues on how to communicate with your customers.

Posted by: Zet.9130

Zet.9130

I am speechless…………..

There are those that see life as a job. We all play our own game, I’m going to have fun for a couple of hours and don’t need to be "payed"sic.

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Hey there!

This is your ~40 minute warning that the Stress Test will be starting soon.

If you’re able and would like to participate, simply log in to your Guild Wars 2 account and create a demo character, then head into the desert!

Have fun, now!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

I would, but my wife has this silly notion that I need to work my full 8 hours today.

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

so let me get this straight, you put a stress test in the middle of the week on a time most ppl need to work the next day?
no really, think before you act, Europeans don’t live at nigh, we sleep till 7 at least so that means your stress test isn’t gonna have much “stress” to begin with.
and i know your European server is somewhere in ether Germany or Amsterdam so connection is faster, with this time schedule you can just as much stop and wait till ppl are actually awake.

Posted by: frayon.3984

frayon.3984

How long does this last? In 40 minutes I will be meeting with a client for a school project and can’t log in until around 7-7:30 MT. .
So, I am just curious how long the stress test will last for there is no info here.

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

How long does this last? In 40 minutes I will be meeting with a client for a school project and can’t log in until around 7-7:30 MT. .
So, I am just curious how long the stress test will last for there is no info here.

They said a couple hours, but that is probably pushing it

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

Update on Elite Specializations:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Stress-Test-and-Elite-Specializations

Content:

Stress Test and Elite Specializations

A message from the Skills and Balance Team:

We hope you’ll enjoy riding around in Elona with the new elite specializations today and look forward to hearing about your experience.

There have been a number of changes and bug fixes to some of the specializations since the first time you were able to play them during the WvW/PvP Preview Weekend. However, we still are vetting and testing many of the changes, and as a result the stress test today will have the same versions that were featured during the preview weekend. You’ll be able to see the updated elite specialization changes on September 22nd!

See you in Tyria!

Thank you Gaile

Can you tell us if core classes and HoT specs are going to be fixed or adapted to PoF meta?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I believe the previous post said approximately 2 hours.

Good luck.

Posted by: frayon.3984

frayon.3984

They said a couple hours, but that is probably pushing it

Sad, but understandable.

Thank you for replying.

Posted by: Blanche Neige.7241

Blanche Neige.7241

I believe the previous post said approximately 2 hours.

Or less, if the poor servers are not able to support the stress and go into a nervous breakdown before that.

Posted by: Corax.7381

Corax.7381

FIVE MINUTE HYPE!

“Quaggan will kick your tail so hard it slaps you in the face!” – Willoo

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

We appreciate each and every person who pre-purchases our game. Please note that each person who does that will receive pre-purchase bonuses. I don’t feel it’s reasonable to ask for additional items. I believe (no, I know) the majority of players who are able to join the test will consider this a nice “bonus,” an opportunity to spend a bit of extra time in the game and will not feel entitled to getting additional or extra free items.

Well they get the game stress tested we get another window to demo test crystal oasis, Fair to me.

Posted by: FaboBabo.3581

FaboBabo.3581

MIRRAGE FIX HYPE

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

It’s live now log in and test.

The Burninator

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

MIRRAGE FIX HYPE

Gaile said the specs are unchanged since the last beta because it’s an old build.

JustTrogdor.7892

New elite specs are available, just checked I have deadeye.

The Burninator

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

Devs like this are the best part of Guild Wars 2 and why it will always be my favorite game to play!

Gaile is not a dev, never was. She has been a communications manager with ArenaNet since GW1.

Posted by: Fishrock.5207

Fishrock.5207

No Demo Character Slots show up for me.

I had two in the preview weekends, and my characters from those still show up in the API (`R I P Boons` and `Op in Wvw`) – on gw2efficiency at least.

Empty or filled demo character slots are just not displaying on my character select. My 9/10 regular slots are the only ones there (as usual).

GW2 Wiki: Fishrock

(edited by Fishrock.5207)

RoseofGilead.8907

Aww boo. My favorite Scourge skill is disabled. Oh well, I’m still going to enjoy this.

Posted by: BlakThornArrow.2389

BlakThornArrow.2389

Cant seem to get into it either… tobad I stayed up for this.

White Lions Claw , dungeon, Living Story ,
Personal Story, WvsW , Guild Missions, Living Story and so much more.
(We have Teamspeak and a forum ) join us!

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

No Demo Character Slots show up for me.

I had two in the preview weekends, and my characters from those still show up in the API (`R I P Boons` and `Op in Wvw`) – on gw2efficiency at least.

Empty or filled demo character slots are just not displaying on my character select. My 9/10 regular slots are the only ones there (as usual).

Same here, I don’t see any demo character slot. Stress test successful, am stressed.

Posted by: FaboBabo.3581

FaboBabo.3581

MIRRAGE FIX HYPE

Gaile said the specs are unchanged since the last beta because it’s an old build.

I wanted to read it wrong , so i read it wrong. Mb here ^^

Posted by: Ester Sauter

Previous

Ester Sauter

GW2 QA Lead

Next

If you do not have any new slots see if your old character is there

RoseofGilead.8907

For those who can’t see any demo character slot: Triple check. I thought I didn’t have any either, but after I scrolled through my characters a third time, I found them right in the middle of my character list.

Fishrock.5207

If you do not have any new slots see if your old character is there

They are not. I just checked (again). As stated in my previous post, only my regular 10 slots show up and no demo slots. :P

Moving the character-select slide-y panel thing only moves by 3 characters to reveal the remaining 7.

(edited by Fishrock.5207)

Posted by: Maze.3601

Maze.3601

Having the same problem. I had the demo slots available to me about 15 minutes before the stress test begun then they disappeared after I log out of my main character to switch to the demo slots.

Fishrock.5207

As note, I was idling in character select around the time the test was apparently started, so perhaps the had some unwarranted impact. Logging in or out makes no difference, however.

Having the same problem. I had the demo slots available to me about 15 minutes before the stress test begun then they disappeared after I log out of my main character to switch to the demo slots.

I didn’t see this, though.

Posted by: Flatley.1620

Flatley.1620

So, found no bugs. Great.

My previously created characters are still alive! Yay! Sans mount, boo. However, I understand re-doing the story line will give you the raptor back – which, I guess means a re-roll.

One thing – as I wandered the more deserty areas, I couldn’t get this out of my mind: “Mmmmmm, Shai-Hulud. Usul has called a big one! Again, it is the legend…”

i75820K@4.4ghz Noctua NHU14S GTX980TiSC
SoundblasterZ AsusX99Pro 512GBM2SSD 1TBSSD
3TBHDD 16gbRAM Corsair900D Win10Pro Corsair rmi1000w ethernet 100 down, 6 up

Posted by: Stephen ClarkeWillson

Previous

Stephen ClarkeWillson

ArenaNet Studio Technical Director

Next

Unfortunately the availability of the demo slot is tied to your computer’s clock. (Whether you can actually get in is up to the server.) . So check your computer’s clock. (This might explain why you saw the slots early and they disappeared.)

Posted by: iczek.9628

iczek.9628

Can we please view the large map while mounted? Dismounting each time to view the large map is unpleasant. Thanks!

Edit: And view the hero panel and BLTC and so on. Thanks much!

(edited by iczek.9628)

Fishrock.5207

Unfortunately the availability of the demo slot is tied to your computer’s clock. (Whether you can actually get in is up to the server.) . So check your computer’s clock. (This might explain why you saw the slots early and they disappeared.)

Indeed my computer’s clock has been 4 hours ahead for some reasons I never solved until (hopefully) now. This worked. Thanks.

Posted by: Felicity.9406

Felicity.9406

Can we please view the large map while mounted? Dismounting each time to view the large map is unpleasant. Thanks!

I had np staying on the mount whilst looking at world map, hero panel, just not when i talk to npcs.

Posted by: iczek.9628

iczek.9628

I had np staying on the mount whilst looking at world map, hero panel, just not when i talk to npcs.

That’s good to hear but unfortunately I cannot do any of that while mounted.

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

God, with the new salvagable items we are going to make many more resources.
I don’t know if the future recipes will need that much materials, but even if so, it could be a problem with a base tier bank storage.

I know that you can save em end salvage the items when needed, but this will also mean that you will be forbidden to obtain MF ( if you are not capped ) untill you decide to shard everything or part of it.

I do like the new zone.
Some monster seems to be pretty op ( like the beginning of HoT ), but mostly because i suck with Ranger class, i guess.

Ps: i also mistaken one of the new monster for a lazor engineer, then went afk and got killed lol.

edit: guess i signed up for a “race” without having a raptor.

Posted by: Zedek.8932

Zedek.8932

A bit off-topic, but…

I am surely not adding anything to the stress test for you, but I tried Deadeye now in an PvE environment and I really like it. It was not my character with my clothes etc. (female Asura are so incredibly mean!) but it was so far exactly what I hoped for me. My showerthought became true. I waited on a ledge and waited for enemies casually coming into my 1.500 range and then shot them one by one from a safe distance, bigger enemies got marked first for some extra damage. For someone playing alone and enjoying this kind of gameplay in many other games (Splinter Cell, Dishonored, THIEF, …), this way of “thinning out” a flock of enemies before entering melee with my daggers was really fun and I also finally really understood the design decisions behind the whole thing. Very nice. I started to look out for ledges to get on immediately xD I can understand this elite might not suit many people, but for me, it does. For a lone wolf like I am, Deadeye is adding so much on many levels (gameplay, immersion, personal preferences.)

Now I wait until 22nd and see how it works out outside of any beta environment and how “easy” it is to achive hero points or whatever. So far I also like the textures and whatnot (could not participate on the first beta test). Very well spent money and quality-wise very well executed. I see many fun hours with this expansion for me :-)

Excelsior.

Zedexx, sly Asura Thief/Assassin
and politically highly incorrect. (#Asuracist)
“We [Asura] are the concentrated magnificence!”

(edited by Zedek.8932)

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

I couldn’t find the info on how long this stress test will be. It’s almost 1 a.m. here and I can hardly keep my eyes open…

Did you say anything?

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

And it’s over

Only got to try out two specs

JustTrogdor.7892

And it looks like stress test is over. Just got kicked and no access to beta character. Had some fun and hope Anet got valuable data from it.

The Burninator

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

Awww, only 2 hours. I was just getting started xD

NSPride <3

Posted by: dusanyu.4057

dusanyu.4057

just doing our part

Attachments:

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

So that’s it? I just started and the stress test is already over? GG, got kicked out of the first mission. That really wasn’t worth creating and customizing a character for an hour.

And it’s over

Only got to try out two specs

That’s tons more than I got to do.