Path of Fire Stress Test September 7

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Yay!

Nice timing for UK too.

Even better, now! We moved it up by two hours, so the test will start at 17:00 or 5:00 PM BST!

I would like to request a 4 hour stress test to accommodate more people from different time zones and areas around the world ?

We changed the time to better accommodate a larger number of players, but two hours is optimal for the developers.

Info from previous test, which should still apply:

• The test will likely run about two hours
  • Your feedback would be welcome in this thread
  • If you run into a bug, use /bug and fill out a report
  • Demo characters will be wiped in preparation for launch
  • If you see an existing demo character on your account, it would be helpful if you would please delete it or at least play on a new demo character

Thanks again!

It would be great to be able to test any changes on the elite specs as well. Ofc, that should be complemented with a brief changelog.

I have inquired about whether we are including updated elite specs. I do not anticipate that we will be posting a changelog for a stress test. I will update when I know more.

make it 3 hours and you got a deal.

Good try.

Don’t forget you can check the LFG tool to get together with other people and do stuff with them if you don’t know exactly what to do.

Excellent advice!

Just to avoid more confusion, the last Stress Test was at 2:00pm PDT, and tomorrow’s is at 10:00am PDT, so you moved it up by 4 hours, rather than by 2 hours. And I believe 10am PDT is 6pm BST. I’d hate to see posts from those that missed the Stress Test because of a miscommunication about the time.

(edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234)

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Yay!

Nice timing for UK too.

Even better, now! We moved it up by two hours, so the test will start at 17:00 or 5:00 PM BST!

Oh no! I’ll have to try and leave work early in order to get home by 5! :o

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

No, thank you, I shall not participate. I am just a client, not an employee.

Well, since its usually CLIENTS who perform stress tests of software being delivered by a company, your comment makes zero sense. That’s ok though. One less person might make this one easier on my connection and I’ll be in town for this one.

I’ll try to jump on and see what, if anything, breaks.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Posted by: Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497

Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497

Why run it when most people are at work for the NA?

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Because most ArenaNet Devs/employees are at work at the studio (in NA) at that time.

Posted by: Ester Sauter

Previous

Ester Sauter

GW2 QA Lead

Because that is also when we are at work

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

Because Anet employees are also at work and need the data from the stress tests and as she stated, its a bit unfair to also expect them to work odd hours just to perform a test that people who are available during the day can help with.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Posted by: Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497

Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497

Because Anet employees are also at work and need the data from the stress tests and as she stated, its a bit unfair to also expect them to work odd hours just to perform a test that people who are available during the day can help with.

Unless Anet are one of the few studios who don’t know what crunch time is. I wouldn’t be surprised if they are already working strange and long hours.

They could have pushed it back to something closer to 12:00PM or 1PM PST where more people in NA are likely off of work or probably returning.

Posted by: Stuart.5940

Stuart.5940

Just to avoid more confusion, the last Stress Test was at 2:00pm PDT, and tomorrow’s is at 10:00am PDT, so you moved it up by 4 hours, rather than by 2 hours. And I believe 10am PDT is 6pm BST. I’d hate to see posts from those that missed the Stress Test because of a miscommunication about the time.

You are correct, UK time is 8 hours ahead of Pacific and 5 hours ahead of Eastern, so that would be 10am PDT, 1pm EDT, 6pm BST, 7pm CEST, 1am SGT (I had to google for SGT so if I’m wrong, blame google :P ), etc

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

I am assuming that because of the timing, most of the players will not be NA players, and many of them will be first time “demo” players…

My question (request): can we please turn off the beginning intro and just buy a raptor in town when we get there? That solo trip through the fires of hell (no pun intended) can take most of our time in Elona. I can see requiring it for first-time run-throughs, but for those of us who have been through it repeatedly want to claw out our own eyes rather than see it again… at least I know I want to…

I know this isn’t a preview, but it would be nice to spend our time actually inside Elona instead of in an instance.

Thanks for reading…

Level 80 Elementalist

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I am assuming that because of the timing, most of the players will not be NA players, and many of them will be first time “demo” players…

My question (request): can we please turn off the beginning intro and just buy a raptor in town when we get there? That solo trip through the fires of hell (no pun intended) can take most of our time in Elona. I can see requiring it for first-time run-throughs, but for those of us who have been through it repeatedly want to claw out our own eyes rather than see it again… at least I know I want to…

I know this isn’t a preview, but it would be nice to spend our time actually inside Elona instead of in an instance.

Thanks for reading…

Here’s the response from the last time this was suggested:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Path-of-Fire-Stress-Test-August-31-2017/page/2#post6730192

Also a thought, maybe given the limited time of this test, we should be put directly into Amnoon with the Raptor unlocked and the two masteries that could be unlocked during the preview weekend instantly unlocked for us so we can get straight to the nitty-gritty.

Gaile Gray
ArenaNet Communications Manager

While I appreciate the suggestion, and I can see what motivated it, we really need those who want to participate to go through the process as if it was release day.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Nuuuuuu that is the day my mom moves into her new CCRC apartment!!! I’m pretty sure I won’t be free 3-5 pm my time

Have fun, those who can make it in

/me does some quick math

You live in the middle of the Atlantic?

When I posted that, the test was starting at noon Pacific. It was subsequently moved up to 10 am Pacific so will now be 1-3 my time … possibly even harder for me to do, depending on whether Mom needs me to help with the furniture delivery to her new apartment or not.

I’ll do my best to add my load to the servers, but Mom comes first

Posted by: Susy.7529

Susy.7529

Could we have somenthing new in the map? Like a single new area? Or a single new event? It’s becoming boring to me to play always the same things in the small portion of the new map, I’ve already did everything more than once.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Could we have somenthing new in the map? Like a single new area? Or a single new event? It’s becoming boring to me to play always the same things in the small portion of the new map, I’ve already did everything more than once.

I suggest reading the first post in the thread which details the purpose of this. Subsequent red posts in the thread also elaborates on it.

Donari.5237

The point isn’t for the players to be entertained, it’s for the system to get a load of players. If the map itself is boring by now, perhaps you can join up with others to do things deliberately meant to stress the systems. Or spend time splurging away your bank contents (only on demo characters please!) since nothing you do on the demo character affects your real account. Use up your transmute charges on outrageous looks. Make as many characters in a row as you can to toss around new elite bling. Etc.

Posted by: Skychok.7854

Skychok.7854

Your post amused me. As well as the “Why do this when most people in NA are at work?!!?” posts.

This isn’t a preview weekend, it’s a stress test sweetheart. If you want new content, buy the expansion and wait for the release.

Posted by: Dano.2408

Dano.2408

Thanks for the opportunity to play again with the new specs! Cheers!

Posted by: Zaraki.5784

Zaraki.5784

I think he/she is right, I tried to tell myself it was to help them testing their servers but it couldn’t help, it was too much boring and repetitive and I dropped after 20 min.
For this reason I think I won’t play the second stress test but if you put even a few new events or a single new area, that could bring more players (including myself).

(edited by Zaraki.5784)

Ayrilana.1396

I think he/she is right, I tried to tell myself it was to help them testing their servers but it couldn’t help, it was too much boring and repetitive and I dropped after 20 min.
For these reason I think I won’t play the second stress test but if you put even a few new events or a single new area, that could bring more players (including myself).

The point of the stress test isn’t to entertain players.

Posted by: Zaraki.5784

Zaraki.5784

For these reason I think I won’t play the second stress test but if you put even a few new events or a single new area, that could bring more players (including myself).

The point of the stress test isn’t to entertain players.

To me the point of playing GW2 in every part of it (including stress tests) is to entartain, if it won’t entertain me I’d gladly say “Stress test? No, thanks.”

Posted by: hugo.4705

hugo.4705

I’m so lost with time conversion :o 17:00 Pm GMT so 19:00 Pm for Europe? If it’s that I can definitely join the test.

Join Inquest or Aetherblades that’s a terrible choice!
Please Anet, more underground, more asuran cities!
[TP] Bring back Moto’s boom box!

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Nuuuuuu that is the day my mom moves into her new CCRC apartment!!! I’m pretty sure I won’t be free 3-5 pm my time

Have fun, those who can make it in

/me does some quick math

You live in the middle of the Atlantic?

That’s where his secret submarine base currently is, sssh! Don’t tell James Bond!

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

I’m so lost with time conversion :o 17:00 Pm GMT so 19:00 Pm for Europe? If it’s that I can definitely join the test.

There are multiple time zones in Europe, so it depends on where you are.

Easiest way – and a friendly tip that a lot of people may not know – if you type a time along with the region code directly into a Google search box, it will give you the conversion to your local time (based on your computer time, I’m guessing) at the top of the results screen -

so, for example, type in “5 pm GMT” and it will immediately give you the answer you are looking for.

Posted by: hugo.4705

hugo.4705

Aw so genius, thanks Blaeys :p I don’t precise because it’s central europe.

Join Inquest or Aetherblades that’s a terrible choice!
Please Anet, more underground, more asuran cities!
[TP] Bring back Moto’s boom box!

Posted by: Wings.5140

Wings.5140

Can anyone offer some clarification? Although the OP of the thread has been edited to clearly state “10:00 AM Pacific Time (17:00 GMT)”, Gaile’s seperate update says 17:00 BST. Is anyone able to say which one of these two 17:00 times is correct?

Donari.5237

Well, when I use Blaeys’ trick and type 17:00 GMT in Google, that tells me it’s the same as 1 pm (13:00) in my time zone. Which meants GMT is 4 hours past me, and I’m 3 hours past Pacific (ANet’s time), ergo add 7 hours to the Pacific time to get the GMT time.

Based on that, 17:00 GMT is correct for 10 am Pacific.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

But, it’s 6pm BST, which is an hour later than GMT. (Their daylight saving time, I believe.)

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

But, it’s 6pm BST, which is an hour later than GMT. (Their daylight saving time, I believe.)

Correct. 6pm BST (ie UK time) = 5pm GMT.

That will change at the end of October when they sync up

(edited by Randulf.7614)

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

For anyone in doubt about what time will it be for you, check this. xD

Edit: Forum redirector broke the link, changed to a shortened version then.

(edited by shadow.6174)

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Well, I was just told by my boss that I have tomorrow off, so, I guess I know what I will be doing from 3-5 PM!

Yes, I am EST.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Posted by: Politician.3548

Politician.3548

No, thank you, I shall not participate. I am just a client, not an employee.

LOL these clueless comments from high school children make me laugh every time.

As if Anet had enough employees top do a stress test. wait until they are out in the real world.

Donari.5237

Well, I was just told by my boss that I have tomorrow off, so, I guess I know what I will be doing from 3-5 PM!

Yes, I am EST.

It’s 1 to 3 pm, don’t miss out! They changed the time, check the revised OP in this thread.

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

A quick thought, should the players squad/party up and stack the map instance to capacity? Also, should we all run Minion Master’s for this? Maybe also swapping to all Herald’s too? Those seem to add the most calculations / load to the server. If you want to stress test, let’s stress it!

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: Hana.8143

Hana.8143

Elite specializations will be unchanged from the previous stress test or from the Elite Specializations Preview Weekend. Changes are being made, as stated last week, but they will not be included in the stress test.

Thanks again!

That’s actually quite sad, you guys weren’t ready for the elite specs weekend, and still want to wait for the release to show us the changes ?
A lot of things had to be changed when you look at the PoF weekend preview, and I’m sure showing the changes during an other weekend or during a 2-3h stress test wouldn’t be time consuming.

Yes I want to see the changes and maybe be happy until the release of PoF, or still try to give my opinion with everyone so we can play the new expension with a spec we actually like.
Atm I’m just planning to play core ele at PoF release.

Are the changes good enough ? How can Anet know since they weren’t aware of the problems before the weekend preview ?

That’s why you guys need to show us those changes, so you can give us the best specs for PoF release (and not 1 month later)

Edit: Also I’m wondering why Anet devs think they can add new specs with almost no feedback (cause only one WE) It takes time to make a proper spec and since we have a lot of people who want to test it and give their opinions, I don’t understand why they don’t take this opportunity so they can release good specs FOR PoF (and not for LW S4)

I don’t mind testing bad things if it means changes. And I’m sure a lot of people are like that too. We do care about PoF and don’t want it to be completly garbage at its release.

(edited by Hana.8143)

Posted by: Gurni.1925

Gurni.1925

the first one wa at 23:00 CET, most of EU couldn´t participate because it was too late.
It is realy nice from Anet that EU ppl are also getting a chance.
So no crying dude

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

the first one wa at 23:00 CET, most of EU couldn´t participate because it was too late.
It is realy nice from Anet that EU ppl are also getting a chance.
So no crying dude

Again; the stress test is held at the time of day when most Anet devs are at work and can respond to results from the stress test during work hours. It’s nothing about tailoring to one base of the player population or another. The point of the stress test is not for players to be entertained and see new events or areas – but for the developers to see how the xpac content (mounts, events, etc.) copes performance-wise under large groups of players participating.

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

Posted by: Joxer.6024

Joxer.6024

most ppl are done at 17:00, they are not home till 18:00 at least.
first you ppl do it when ppl go to bed and then do it at the time ppl are not even home, good timing Anet -_-

We conduct stress tests when the developers are able to participate. This is not a preview, this is a test with a purpose. We’re fully aware that not everyone will be able to participate, and we’re sorry. But asking the dev team to time-shift to work during night-time hours for a stress test would be counterproductive.

We thank those who choose to and are able to participate and we look forward to seeing everyone on September 22nd when we launch the game!

I will be at work. But that is ok. I can wait for the PoF release.

Thanks for being so understanding. The game will be better for everyone with the help of those who are able to participate, and I appreciate your positive attitude!

Ah, come on…a little night shift never hurt anyone…lol! I mean you are in the land of Starbucks are you not? Get them peeps to send down some freebies!!
Anyways, now 2am for me…cuz I’m staying up tonight!

Posted by: keenedge.9675

keenedge.9675

Anet . .

Please consider eliminating the story step to enter the city.
It wastes a bit of otherwise useful test time. Plus, I’m less inclined to bother with the chore of getting a mount again first.

“John Spartan, you are fined one credit for a violation of the verbal morality statute”

Posted by: maekirvilemist.1286

maekirvilemist.1286

Anet . .

It wastes a bit of otherwise useful test time. Plus, I’m less inclined to bother with the chore of getting a mount again first.

^ THIS

Seriously, ANet, if you are only going to have us do stuff for two hours, might as well have it be all in the open world rather than a good chunk of it in the instance. It worked for the preview weekend and will be fine for the full release since those have less time constraints, but it is utterly counterintuitive for a stress test.

Posted by: Warlyx.6732

Warlyx.6732

hope i dont miss this one ….is a new build?

and +1 to the idea of removing the story step , Demo characters could spawn on the city already

Ayrilana.1396

Anet . .

^ THIS

Seriously, ANet, if you are only going to have us do stuff for two hours, might as well have it be all in the open world rather than a good chunk of it in the instance. It worked for the preview weekend and will be fine for the full release since those have less time constraints, but it is utterly counterintuitive for a stress test.

One of the points of the stress test is to have all players go through the same actions that they would do on launch day which includes that first story instance.

Posted by: vian.3945

vian.3945

Anet . .

Just skip it? Just jump off the air-ship and fly over a red zone, it’ll boot you out of the instance. Takes a few seconds.

Posted by: Lithril Ashwalker.6230

Lithril Ashwalker.6230

cant get in- there are NO demo character slots for me or old demo toons. alas i cant participate

Posted by: Witch of Doom.5739

Witch of Doom.5739

Anet . .

Just skip it? Just jump off the air-ship and fly over a red zone, it’ll boot you out of the instance. Takes a few seconds.

Wow, you just saved me. I couldn’t face that intro story one more time. Thank you!

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Well I certainly feel lied to. I’ve been playing for an hour and a half and I haven’t been stressed at all.

Unless you count the moment I was fighting two veteran sand eels and then a sand shark jumped out at me. But I’m playing a Holosmith so I had about 15 different ways to explode them all and survive.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: guitarking.6409

guitarking.6409

cant get in- there are NO demo character slots for me or old demo toons. alas i cant participate

Same issue for me – has anyone worked out how to fix? I tried a rebuild and no luck

Posted by: Shiki.7148

Shiki.7148

Same issue for me – has anyone worked out how to fix? I tried a rebuild and no luck

Did you restart the client?

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

Posted by: vicious.5683

vicious.5683

is it over? I cannot longer see my demo chars.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Thanks for the stress test, Anet. I found Timon, Pumbaa, and Simba today, so I’m happy.

Posted by: Valky.2574

Valky.2574

Well that was a short demo got to the mount part and over already