Path of Fire: Unique Human Interactions?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: De Dominator.9834

De Dominator.9834

I’m just curious if anyone thinks there will be any unique dialogue or interactions/experiences for human characters… for instance if you choose Balthazar as the god you were blessed by in your character creation, or if you choose to have your lineage be Elonan (if I remember correctly you get an option to choose your character’s lineage in the human story)

I haven’t been able to play the Path of Fire demo nor have I played Living World Season 3 yet so I don’t know if these might already exist, but I’m just curious especially considering that they had similar things for the Sylvari in Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

I’ve been wondering this myself. I didn’t see anything specific in the beta. But I think knowing if they did anything during Season 3 would answer this question. I only play human characters, but I don’t remember the dialog seeming to care about that fact… I could be wrong though.

If anyone remembers going through season 3 on multiple races or the beta, and seeing different dialog or events due to being human vs not human.

Posted by: Ravij.9856

Ravij.9856

I don’t think there has EVER been an option to choose your lineage as a human. I wish there was but there isn’t. Unless I missed an in game option.

Posted by: Ravij.9856

Ravij.9856

Ok I went back and checked; Only one story option gets to choose their lineage and that’s the dead sister one. So it’s not available to everyone which is upsetting.

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

I don’t think there has EVER been an option to choose your lineage as a human. I wish there was but there isn’t. Unless I missed an in game option.

No matter what you choose though, the story just assumes you are a citizen of DR which has krytans, ascalonians, elonians, and canthans in it. No matter your ethnicity, the narrative assumes you have a singular culture you were raised in based on your affluence choice.

A poor krytan/ascalonian lived the same life as a poor canthan/elonian.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: DeShadowWolf.6854

DeShadowWolf.6854

No matter what you choose though, the story just assumes you are a citizen of DR which has krytans, ascalonians, elonians, and canthans in it. No matter your ethnicity, the narrative assumes you have a singular culture you were raised in based on your affluence choice.

A poor krytan/ascalonian lived the same life as a poor canthan/elonian.

For humans who chose the “dead sister” option, you could tell Logan (in dialogue) whether you were Canthan, Elonian, or Krytan. This would change the model of your sister at the end of that mission sequence. Given that this was one small option given to one branch of the human storyline, I doubt it will be honored.