Path of Fire content milestone

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mike O Brien

Mike O Brien

President -- ArenaNet

Hi all,

Today we hit an internal milestone: we locked down all content and feature development for Path of Fire. We now move the game to our staging servers and start final preparations for launch.

This expansion is all about content, and today’s milestone marks the completion of eighteen months of content creation. It’s been a labor of love for the team. We hope we’ve brought each story chapter, each open-world zone, and each mount up to the level of what you experienced in the demos last month.

Thanks to everyone who joined the demos and the stress tests. We used those tests to inform our final balance tweaks, and to squash some bizarre bugs that we could only reproduce under heavy load, like the one where Raptors would randomly show up in non-demo maps.

We’re in the home stretch. Eleven days to launch! We can’t wait to play Path of Fire with you!

Mo

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Thanks for letting us know!

I hope ‘crunch time’ isn’t too stressful for you guys. I’m really looking forward to PoF and finally, actually getting my raptor (and the other mounts) but I’ve heard some crazy things about what developers go through to meet deadlines.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Yay! Thanks, as always, for the update. Can’t wait!

Best of luck.

Posted by: TheSlothArmada.6709

TheSlothArmada.6709

Great, now just eleven more months until everything will be balanced

Posted by: Anela.3867

Anela.3867

I am super excited!!!

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Trying to maintain my excitement in the face of numerous disconnects.

But I can’t let even that get me down when I’m so close to having my riding lizardpuppy and bouncy mountain-ignorer.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Nice! Looking forward to it and getting to play a Deadeye….

BOOM! Headshot!

Posted by: Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497

Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497

You guys did this in a little over a year? Holy kitten, O.o you guys either work hard, or you live in the office.

Could you tell us a little about the changes made to the elite specs since the last time we got to put them through the ropes?

Posted by: steve.2945

steve.2945

11 more days….

Proud TTS member

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

Hi all,

Today we hit an internal milestone: we locked down all content and feature development for Path of Fire. We now move the game to our staging servers and start final preparations for launch.

This expansion is all about content, and today’s milestone marks the completion of eighteen months of content creation. It’s been a labor of love for the team. We hope we’ve brought each story chapter, each open-world zone, and each mount up to the level of what you experienced in the demos last month.

Thanks to everyone who joined the demos and the stress tests. We used those tests to inform our final balance tweaks, and to squash some bizarre bugs that we could only reproduce under heavy load, like the one where Raptors would randomly show up in non-demo maps.

We’re in the home stretch. Eleven days to launch! We can’t wait to play Path of Fire with you!

Mo

Is there a chance the kind of content we should expect will be discussed ina stream or a dev diary before the expac. Or do you think its better to leave it to us to find for ourselves on launch?

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I’ve given the matter some thought and I’ve decided that I’m willing for y’all to release the expansion early.

Will tomorrow at noon your time be ok?

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

hope is not as buggy as the launch of hot

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I’ve given the matter some thought and I’ve decided that I’m willing for y’all to release the expansion early.

Will tomorrow at noon your time be ok?

I’m unlikely to be up at noon. 1pm would suit me better

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Lol. You go, girl!

Gave it a +1.

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

That’s great news, looking forward to all that content, hope there’s more than HoT!

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Please, for the love of all things colorful and horselike tell me that you did one last balance pass on the elite specs.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

(edited by Blood Red Arachnid.2493)

Posted by: pelle ossa.9705

pelle ossa.9705

Hi all,

Mo

there will be a preload?

Posted by: Irreverent.3594

Irreverent.3594

I miss my raptor! Can’t wait!

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

Please-please-please, let one tiny corner of that new content be new guild missions.

Posted by: MrITpro.7451

MrITpro.7451

Will there be another launch event like you did with HOT ?

Posted by: Chills.6802

Chills.6802

It’s september 12th here already. Only 10 more days!

Posted by: Sindex.9520

Sindex.9520

Considering that season 3 had some really good quality control, I am expecting the same thing for this expansion. Also please keep up the communication as it is now. I rather have you deliver on something then have a promise that goes on for years without seeing any of it. I know you have issues trying to make any major new UI features without something breaking. So take your time on getting that thing the community is trying to pile drive it’s way into the game. Since I am sure you are aware of it by now.

Posted by: Sanguina X.8301

Sanguina X.8301

Woohoo! Thank you for all of your hard work. I can’t wait to play it!

- Sanguina X

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

I hope after you done with the PoF contents, you can take a close look of new specialization optimization and balance.

Some of them are way under-performed.

I doubt you guys can fix it by the time PoF launch, but I do hope you guys look into it right now and ready a patch to fix them in the near future..

Posted by: Maethor.2810

Maethor.2810

Thank you and to everyone at ArenaNet for your hard work in creating this expansion for us, and for all you guys do generally.

11 more days and they can’t get here soon enough

~Signe Grimsdottir | Wynne Everheart | Magiere Massing~
The Archivist’s Sanctum [Lore] – Just Us Grown-Ups [JUGS]

Posted by: PolleyPocket.9162

PolleyPocket.9162

Build Templates soonTM?

[JEDI] Yoda Smyth – Scrapper Engie- Vabbi EU
Emporer Palpatine – Tempest Ele

Posted by: onevstheworld.2419

onevstheworld.2419

Well done. I’m looking forwards to next week.

Hope everyone’s getting enough rest before the inevitable sleepless nights.

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

Did Mirage get any rework? Please post the class changes, if any.

Mesmerising Girl

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

We hope we’ve brought each story chapter, each open-world zone, and each mount up to the level of what you experienced in the demos last month.

I seriously hope you have improved the things that people have criticized about certain map mechanics and, of course, the elite specializations (effects, balancing, and so on).

Don’t disappoint me! I would hate to take my leave from this game because of recent design disappointments and the increasingly infantile writing.

Nevertheless, good luck with the launch. I hope everything works out for both sides.

(edited by Ashantara.8731)

Posted by: Unknown.3976

Unknown.3976

It’s way too late to rework an entire spec, at most, you would only see some tweaking of parameters. Case in point: HoT elite specs, there were some changes in the final product (as compared to the hoT beta) but those changes were mostly bug fixes and there were some trait adjustments.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

We can’t wait to play Path of Fire with you!

Rein it in there, sunshine. You don’t want to be anywhere near us when we start to play.

Why?

Because you know what’s out there, and are waiting to see our reactions to your favorite parts. All of the devs are, I’m sure. And we… we’re going to go over and poke that random bush. Or talk to that NPC for the tenth time. Or go AFK right before the nifty event goes off. And so on.

Hang around with us on launch day, and I promise you some of you will break down into screaming fits of frustration.

Needless to say, I can’t wait for launch day.
::innocent grin::

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Locce.8405

Locce.8405

Congratulations for reaching that milestone in a timely fashion, and thank you for letting us know! As you can probably tell we are looking forward to seeing the result of all that work soon.

This thread contribution was brought to you by RAPTOFIN, the raptor leather care for raptor friends. For that new raptor smell that you love.
Mmmmmh, RAPTOFIN!

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

Heck yeah! Can’t wait for all the new stuff.

Also looking forward to the great wailing and gnashing of teeth regarding anything that can be used in WvW. Everything will “ruin the game mode and be proof that the devs don’t care about WvW™.”

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

Any chance of the Soulbeast getting its awful fartshroud changed?

Posted by: RatavaSheffer.1680

RatavaSheffer.1680

Can you tell us a time exactly when PoF will go live to play? HoT went live at 12:01 a.m. PST on the day of it’s launch. Can we expect PoF to go live at 12:01 a.m. PST on September 22nd?

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Whatever time it launches, it will be Pacific Daylight Time, rather than Pacific Standard Time. =)

Posted by: thrag.9740

thrag.9740

Congrats! Can’t wait to play. Super happy to support you guys, you’ve been killing it lately.

Posted by: maekirvilemist.1286

maekirvilemist.1286

Definitely can’t wait to play this content on a non-demo character!

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

Thanks for the hard work guys. It seems that since Colin left, you guys finally went back to the roots and are making this game enjoyable again. I am glad to be back after 3 years and ready for the PoF journey.

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

Posted by: Vova.2640

Vova.2640

buff weaver.
ktnx.

Look at how effective someone is in a full Soldiers set.
Look at how effective someone is in a full Dire set.
Nice balance.

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Delete Firebrand give us Purifier.

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

It’s way too late to rework an entire spec, at most, you would only see some tweaking of parameters. Case in point: HoT elite specs, there were some changes in the final product (as compared to the hoT beta) but those changes were mostly bug fixes and there were some trait adjustments.

Nor does mirage need one.

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

Good luck gw2 team, wishing you the best of luck and much success with Path of Fire. I hope we will see you launch it like HoT, where you pushed the button That was so much fun and an exciting moment and you have to keep up the tradition

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Rein it in there, sunshine. You don’t want to be anywhere near us when we start to play.

Why?

Because you know what’s out there, and are waiting to see our reactions to your favorite parts. All of the devs are, I’m sure. And we… we’re going to go over and poke that random bush. Or talk to that NPC for the tenth time. Or go AFK right before the nifty event goes off. And so on.

Hang around with us on launch day, and I promise you some of you will break down into screaming fits of frustration.

Considering the way GW2 is designed I think some people at Anet absolutely want you to go poke the random bush or talk to the random NPC or even see what happens if you don’t complete an event.

I feel like this game is one of the best for encouraging and rewarding you to go off the beaten path. It may not always reward it in conventional ways – a lot of the time all you get is some interesting dialogue or something odd to take a screenshot of – but as someone who will always go left when I’m told to go right just to see if I can I certainly feel like it’s more encouraged in this game than most of the others I’ve played.

I could absolutely image a dev being there going “Nah, lets not bother with this event, it’ll only repeat in 10 minutes” because they know that actually if it fails a boss will spawn or something.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Maethor.2810

Maethor.2810

Why?

Considering the way GW2 is designed I think some people at Anet absolutely want you to go poke the random bush or talk to the random NPC or even see what happens if you don’t complete an event.

I feel like this game is one of the best for encouraging and rewarding you to go off the beaten path. It may not always reward it in conventional ways – a lot of the time all you get is some interesting dialogue or something odd to take a screenshot of – but as someone who will always go left when I’m told to go right just to see if I can I certainly feel like it’s more encouraged in this game than most of the others I’ve played.

I could absolutely image a dev being there going “Nah, lets not bother with this event, it’ll only repeat in 10 minutes” because they know that actually if it fails a boss will spawn or something.

Agreed. They do encourage hanging around for ambient dialogue or searching in the nooks and crannies of the map and NPCs as they frequently put in neat little gems.

I was left behind by 3 of 4 friends that I played the new map demo weekend with as I was too busy poking around. They went off to do events and killed nearly every bounty it seemed before I even left Amnoon Oasis. I generally take my time and fully explore; more so if it’s in an area I know has throwbacks to GW1 (when I saw the hand of the Lonely Vigil statue after one of my friends said ‘come here, I think this might be of interest to you’ I deafened them with my happy squeal).

So for those devs who love to see players explore, people like me are a gem. To those who want to see reactions to events? I’ll be a disappointment for the first day or two after I walk into a new map

~Signe Grimsdottir | Wynne Everheart | Magiere Massing~
The Archivist’s Sanctum [Lore] – Just Us Grown-Ups [JUGS]

Posted by: ChrisX.8671

ChrisX.8671

Just wondering, is there any way we have an estimated time where the expansion actually go lives? Just going on a whim it’d possibly be 12am server time right now, going off of how HoT went live at midnight ANet’s time.

Posted by: Jwake.7013

Jwake.7013

Just wondering, is there any way we have an estimated time where the expansion actually go lives? Just going on a whim it’d possibly be 12am server time right now, going off of how HoT went live at midnight ANet’s time.

The PoF website has a Q&A section, this is what it says, “Path of Fire will launch at approximately 9:00 AM Pacific Time (UTC-7) on September 22, 2017”

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

The best luck and a smooth final sprint for you and your team, Mike.
I really hope PoF can capture my interest in the long run.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: ChrisX.8671

ChrisX.8671

The PoF website has a Q&A section, this is what it says, “Path of Fire will launch at approximately 9:00 AM Pacific Time (UTC-7) on September 22, 2017”

Oh wow, I don’t know how I missed that. Thanks!

Posted by: Darlgon.9273

Darlgon.9273

Gratz. We look forward to consuming your new content.

Charrdian, Ashura Mesmer, Norn Ranger, Sylvari Elementalist and Human Magic Engineer