Path of Fire content milestone

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

The forum bug has been locked down.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Posted by: hornswroggle.8023

hornswroggle.8023

I’ve worked at a Software Developer as an intern for the last half a year and the day of Code Freeze was always a special one.

Congratulations on the milestone and see you in 10 days for the launch.

Posted by: vian.3945

vian.3945

My only hope for the launch is that you’ve tweaked the numbers of the Renegade. Demanding 4 others to do decent damage with the new elite and the energy-starvation made me want to shy away from it completly : (

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

If you have locked everything down, why don’t you tell us what changes you have made to the elite specs instead of expecting us to pre order a product with no idea what we are getting.

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

If you have locked everything down, why don’t you tell us what changes you have made to the elite specs instead of expecting us to pre order a product with no idea what we are getting.

Because I bet some changes are underhwelming and they expect some players to be upset with them.

Posted by: Bio Flame.4276

Bio Flame.4276

Hi all,

Today we hit an internal milestone: we locked down all content and feature development for Path of Fire. We now move the game to our staging servers and start final preparations for launch.

This expansion is all about content, and today’s milestone marks the completion of eighteen months of content creation. It’s been a labor of love for the team. We hope we’ve brought each story chapter, each open-world zone, and each mount up to the level of what you experienced in the demos last month.

Thanks to everyone who joined the demos and the stress tests. We used those tests to inform our final balance tweaks, and to squash some bizarre bugs that we could only reproduce under heavy load, like the one where Raptors would randomly show up in non-demo maps.

We’re in the home stretch. Eleven days to launch! We can’t wait to play Path of Fire with you!

Mo

MO:

How is it possible that you’ve got everything “locked to go” (so to speak) and yet PoF still has horrendous new elites like Renegade, Weaver, arguably Mirage too.

Weaver is currently very lackluster, weak, clunky and just not fun to play with. Not talking about the traits but the actual mechanics, they are not fun. Please tell me you guys are not happy with it?

And Renegade is weak, a plain mess of conflicting ideas and lore-wise, how in hell did ANYONE think Kala would ever be considered a legend? Why didn’t you give them an actual GW legend, like Pire Fierceshot, etc etc…?

Restore some faith in me and please tell me you’re still trying to change classes that are not fun, they are working against ANET selling the expansion?

I was going to buy the expac but when I saw the lackluster Elites, I opted to wait and see if ANET would change. So far, nothing.
Why do Beta tests if you won’t take our overwhelming feedback about some of the new elites?

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

TBF they did announce that there were a lot of changes made to the elites overall. But they didn’t say what changes were made, they just told us we were going to have to wait for release to find out

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

TBF they did announce that there were a lot of changes made to the elites overall. But they didn’t say what changes were made, they just told us we were going to have to wait for release to find out

Yeah, and in fairness I can see why.

If they tell us the changes people will fixate on numbers and how it’s not enough or it’s too much for the next week or so. Whereas if they wait until we get a chance to actually play, well, we’ll be in a much better place to give real feedback rather than theoretical feedback.

If anyone is unhappy with the expansion at this stage then they certainly should wait and see, no need to buy until it launched, after all.

Edit: actually no matter what, they will have to wait and see, there is no other option. I suppose they could not wait and not see.

(edited by Pifil.5193)

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

Great!
Thank you for Sharing.

Posted by: Bio Flame.4276

Bio Flame.4276

It’s not the number, some of the mechanics are NOT fun, they are clunky and a mess of contradicting ideas.

Case in point: Renegade’s Fs and the utilities; Weaver’s clunky and awkward mechanic, Mirage is arguably near these 2 as far as contradicting ideas goes.

It’s not just numbers…

Posted by: Daddicus.6128

Daddicus.6128

Until you answer some critical questions, this information is meaningless to me.

To recap the questions:

Do you understand that there’s a huge problem mapping and using the mini-map in zones with lots of verticality? (In other words, when will you fix it?)

Have you removed the insane “must identify” from the bundles that have it?

I and others have asked those questions numerous times, with zero response from ANet. I can’t answer for others, but I won’t be buying until I get answers to those two questions (from ANet or from other players).