Path of Fire hard copy?

Path of Fire hard copy?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Dia.6850

Dia.6850

Hi!

Im probably not gonna be the only one witch this question – when is hard copy going to be announced? I want to have my collection complete!

Thanks!

Path of Fire hard copy?

Posted by: WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

do not think there will even be any hard copy’s at all this time around . giving the extra cost. it takes to do that. reason I say that is when hot came out besides the box its self their was only a code inside .

so in other words given what we seen so far thinking this time their be no boxed any thing. just buy get the code and download it .

but we will not know any of this until the company comes out and says that one way or the other . but I think with the fact the basic pack of path of fire is only $30.00 their be no boxes at all for any one

no new system upgrades coming

Path of Fire hard copy?

Posted by: Dia.6850

Dia.6850

Actually there were two version of HoT in my country – first pre-purchase with code only and then regular with disc inlcuded. Id love to get my hands on some collectors version!

Path of Fire hard copy?

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

Actually there were two version of HoT in my country – first pre-purchase with code only and then regular with disc inlcuded. Id love to get my hands on some collectors version!

I see and in my country all you got from the hot box was a code no disk . which honestly in this day and age I can live with out the box but at a cost to those that want a box for collecting I see noting wrong with that . just not sure till it happens which way it will be

Path of Fire hard copy?

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

There’s certainly not going to be a collectors version with any physical bonus items, otherwise they would have announced it already. (Because the people most likely to buy it are also the people most likely to pre-purchase and they would be extremely angry to buy the game and then find there’s another version they may prefer.)

It’s possible that from September 22nd onwards stores may sell boxes copies, with or without a disk, but that would just be the standard version of the game as it was for HoT – no pre-purchase or digital deluxe items included.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Path of Fire hard copy?

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

I got the HoT boxed version with disk in Canada. But no big deal. What really bugs me that I can no longer get retail gem cards in Canada (you can from secondary rip off sellers on amazon.ca for 4x their actual value, but that is another story).

(edited by Blude.6812)

Path of Fire hard copy?

Posted by: Xbon.9086

Xbon.9086

PoF is digital only, there’s no collector’s edition.

Path of Fire hard copy?

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

I got the HoT boxed version with disk in Canada. But no big deal. What really bugs me that I can no longer get retail gem cards in Canada (you can from secondary rip off sellers on amazon.ca for 4x their actual value, but that is another story).

can you buy them right off the trading post ?? with out a tax ? here in the us where I live at If I remember right if I bought gems off the trading post I had no tax but if I had a gem card I got taxed for it .

but will say I am not sure if this has changed as of late far as tax goes in my county as I not bought gems at all in a year or so . as I been using gold to gems .

Path of Fire hard copy?

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

can you buy them right off the trading post ?? with out a tax ? here in the us where I live at If I remember right if I bought gems off the trading post I had no tax but if I had a gem card I got taxed for it .

but will say I am not sure if this has changed as of late far as tax goes in my county as I not bought gems at all in a year or so . as I been using gold to gems .

Haven’t bought them with real money for a long time. US-CND conversion is expensive as well as CC charges for buying in american funds. Ditto why I hope I can find a Canadian seller for PoF. I believe digital river is what is used for real money purchases from Anet (please correct me if I am wrong). I have made various purchases from other companies (software etc) through digital river and I always had Canadian prices/currency offered. Even though more than US retail, there was no bank rate conversion or extra CC charges so in the long run it was fair. As for retail taxes applied for digital purchases, that would be a no. So I see absolutely no reason why Anet couldn’t ensure that purchase(s) with real money be in the buyers currency (adjusted for the differences). Steam does it easy. If the gem cards are considered ‘gift cards’ there is no tax.

(edited by Blude.6812)

Path of Fire hard copy?

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

Haven’t bought them with real money for a long time. US-CND conversion is expensive as well as CC charges for buying in american funds. Ditto why I hope I can find a Canadian seller for PoF. I believe digital river is what is used for real money purchases from Anet (please correct me if I am wrong). I have made various purchases from other companies (software etc) through digital river and I always had Canadian prices/currency offered. Even though more than US retail, there was no bank rate conversion or extra CC charges so in the long run it was fair. As for retail taxes applied for digital purchases, that would be a no. So I see absolutely no reason why Anet couldn’t ensure that purchase(s) with real money be in the buyers currency (adjusted for the differences). Steam does it easy. If the gem cards are considered ‘gift cards’ there is no tax.

ok I can get this fully . and on the us side these days does not matter to a small point as now they put a tax on pretty much almost every thing you buy online here in the us.

far as steam goes I am not sure how they do it . as I only use steam to run ESO on other wise I keep steam locked .

also here in the us where I live at we can go to walmarts and get gem cards thankfully .as my local game stop does not carry gem cards at all . but they do carry blizzard and wow time cards . as well as my local game stop does not even have a pc section at all any more. they took that out about 3 years ago where I live at in the us

Path of Fire hard copy?

Posted by: Kestrel.7890

Kestrel.7890

Yes, the boxes for all of GW2 were extremely disappointing. With GW1, there was so much – even in the regular packs. You got a map and a manual at least. I got the collector’s editions of Factions and Nightfall and EOTN. They were amazing. It made me so hyped for each game. I still like to look through them. I even have a soundtrack by Jeremy Soule.

The GW2 expansions are no way near as exciting. I’m not even sure if I’m going to buy the new one.

Path of Fire hard copy?

Posted by: Hybarf Tics.2048

Hybarf Tics.2048

Think of how much money they would have made creating a collectors edition in the style of GW 2’s launch with the Rytlock?

Path of fire with a 10" Kralkatorric figurine and an Elona or Crystal Desert metal case, they would have made a fortune. Your loss Anet, now that they have their player base
efforts are pointless, the only thing that matters now is easy money. One fine example of this create and outfit $10.00 us dollar, $12.50 Canadian. A glider same thing.

You wanna discuss this? Dont forget this is Anet’s Thunderdome 2 players enter Anet stay out and watch in utter silence.